• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Witch Hunt

MidnightSun

Man Eating Mermaid
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hello, I am reaching out to find someone who would like to do an RP that is fantasy and a little historical based.

I am interested in making this more fantasy than historical, but I would like to include elements from documents such as King Jame's book that was written for witch hunting and telling people what to look for.

This RP would take place in a small land I have created, but it will branch out and I would like to build more setting with someone.

Basics about this RP:
- not to sound much like GOT, but winter is approaching

- There is a threat of the starving time (dark themes apply, this refers to the chance of monsters such as windego due to canabalism)

- this takes place in a village, or perhaps a town or even multiple, could be an out post

- There are outposts, there are people who dedicate their lives to fighting back monsters and the unknown (they blame the witches for an event that tainted the land)

-There will be dungeons I think, or at least old crypts... Plenty of exploring will be done

What I would like from my partner!

- Doubling up on characters please, if you want you can have more if you can handle them. I prefer to thicken the plot this way and I like multiple story lines.

-Writing a minimum of one or two paragraphs when posting, even if you have nothing because of writers block, it helps to have at least one good paragraph

-You do not need to be active all the time, I am not and I am busy!

-Darker themes, if you want to know more please inquire in PM. I do not want to scare anyone away because they can't handle certain themes.

If you are interested, please PM me. If you can't, write below and I will PM you.

Happy hunting.

Not to be critical, but this is slightly... vague. I'm all for darker themes, but what else is there in this? Magic? Weird powers? Penguins? Ancient artifacts?

Not to be critical, but this is slightly... vague. I'm all for darker themes, but what else is there in this? Magic? Weird powers? Penguins? Ancient artifacts?

There is magic and weird powers, I have more to the plot, but that is why I want to talk more about it with people interested in it because there can be more done to the plot.

Forgive me if it seems that I am being snippy or rude, I just woke up.

I can give you more information once I have had some coffee.

Alright, I have woken up and taken care of what I had to do.

Inside, there are no penguins, but they are cute.
There are magic powers, there are also actual witches in this and they are believed to get their powers from dark forces and blood magic (using your vitality, but it turns negative once demons and blood sacrifice gets involves). They can learn it rather than be born with it, but it is rare and takes lots of practice. Usually in this case the ones not born with it can not draw the power from inside and they usually try to attract a familiar to help teach them.

There are items such as crystals that help them and focal points such as charms and things of that nature which help chanel the magic which is drawn from around them as well.

The RP takes place in a settlement, the Mother country is trying to get more power else where and is growing. The Mother country is called Tranmere where magic is believed to be outlawed and drawing inspiration from King James, a mad king who believed that he was going to be betrayed, studied into it and made a tome against it. The tome mostly describes blood magic and because the settlement has a difficult history, people let fear consume them and their beliefs taken with them from the Motherland are taught and instilled when the people are young.

There are creatures and monsters, like I mentioned, windegos (there are a few different versions, but the basics is that they are cannibal demons that take over the bodies of starving people, there is also a mental disease named after the monster), there are will-o-whisps, and evil fairies (Disney dose not exist here). However, if you don't really want to focus on the creatures, they do not have to be included. Sometimes it is a little much, but I am limiting the amount of creatures/monsters.

Most of this is not going to be high fantasy, there are elements of it with the magic and the world is not like our own, but I am trying to do something a little more realistic and I draw inspiration from early history around me.

I hope this helps you, and if you have more questions, I will answer them to the best of my abilities.

Sounds cool. I love creating characters. My one 'problem' is that I make characters with varying sexualities. the crystal thing is super awesome. I can't create PMs.

This looks good. Now you've got me interested. Feel free to shoot me a PM about character ideas, or just your character.

This looks good. Now you've got me interested. Feel free to shoot me a PM about character ideas, or just your character.

At the moment I am a little full on my RP limit, but I will keep you posted if you are still interested. I have character descriptions for what could be used in the RP, as well as a character or two of my own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back