World Building WIP Idea... Constructive criticism welcome! ^_^

InsistentPatchwork

Check further down for the more updated version!

Hey all! Im just playing around with some world building, and would just love some constructive criticism and or advice. There is a bit of info. And I want to stress this is rough rough draft hahaha, so its nowhere near polished! I don't have a crap tonne worked out at the moment but just wanted to throw it out there for feedback! Thank you in advance to any help I appreciate it! Kind of nervous to put this out there as I haven't world built in a bit hahaha (nervous laughter) But please! give it a look and let me know!!

• Fantasy "Advanced" Medieval. Has basic technologies such as Electricity but no electronics such as phones, laptops, tv etc. Is a land among the world that is the most explored/inhabited.
      Capital of the land is known as "Wakefield" it is one of the largest cities that is based on the coastal region.

Last edited:
˗ˏ✎*ೃ˚ 🍒 :;
↳ ❝ I think that it's very good for a rough draft! You certainly use the BBCode well! ¡! ❞​

1. Technology.
So out of curiosity are you just using Medieval to mean a specific aesthetic? Or do you mean the actual time period?

As Electricity would put you closer to the Victorian era.

Also bonus you would be on your way to a flushable toilet (if you follow real world advancements, more on that below)

So by the time electricity was a thing we already had basic refrigeration, elevators, and indoor lightning (albeit less efficient).

For the toilet you could utilize your magical creatures (I am assuming this also means magical plants) and create composting toilets. Just a toilet that has some kind of critter/plant product in it that removes waste.

You can also replace “electricity” with just animal/plant specific conveniences. For that matter you could tie “magical crafts” into your focus magic.

ex. Indoor lighting could be the result of bioluminescent magical plants that open at the sound of a switch OR they could be magical lights that you open by doing a specific action.

And if you explain your technological advancements this way you can basically cherry pick the technology you see rather than just kind of going based on what would be available at any particular time period.

Thank you all! I havent ignored the comments, I have been busy with life and doing more writing in my spare time. Will be posting an update in a bit

˗ˏ✎*ೃ˚ 🍒 :;
↳ ❝ I think that it's very good for a rough draft! You certainly use the BBCode well! ¡! ❞​
Thank you! I struggle for BBCode but this is the extent of it atm bahahaha

1. Technology.
So out of curiosity are you just using Medieval to mean a specific aesthetic? Or do you mean the actual time period?

As Electricity would put you closer to the Victorian era.

Also bonus you would be on your way to a flushable toilet (if you follow real world advancements, more on that below)

So by the time electricity was a thing we already had basic refrigeration, elevators, and indoor lightning (albeit less efficient).

For the toilet you could utilize your magical creatures (I am assuming this also means magical plants) and create composting toilets. Just a toilet that has some kind of critter/plant product in it that removes waste.

You can also replace “electricity” with just animal/plant specific conveniences. For that matter you could tie “magical crafts” into your focus magic.

ex. Indoor lighting could be the result of bioluminescent magical plants that open at the sound of a switch OR they could be magical lights that you open by doing a specific action.

And if you explain your technological advancements this way you can basically cherry pick the technology you see rather than just kind of going based on what would be available at any particular time period.

Thank you for this! I have gone over a few basics for tech!

InsistentPatchwork InsistentPatchwork :

Need a map utility?

Google "INKARNATE" -- the base version is free, intuitive, and fun to use. I can give you advice with it also.

Thank you! I am currently using this! its really fun to do!

UPDATE
Again all critiques/advice welcome! Just don't be rude about it really XD

• Ebura is a vast land of the world and isn't the only land out there, but it is the focus... The capital of Ebura is Wakefield.

Currency
      1 Platinum Coin - 10 Gold Pieces
      1 Gold Piece - 10 Silver Pieces
      1 Silver Piece - 10 Copper Pieces

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back