• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Winds In the East

Geralt sighed heavily as he ate and gave her hand a small squeeze "I'm sure they are fine." He murmured before he finished his food glancing at Ciri as she picked at it "You need to eat, I know it is not the best, but you need it for energy."

Max gave him a small nod and pulled away from him "I'll make sure to remember." She mumbled before walking away towards the room she would be sleeping in.

Carmen frowned. “Leave her be, it’ll take some getting used to.” she pointed out, pecking his cheek and stood once she was finished. “How was your room?” She asked the girl after clearing their bowls, walking down towards the lab with her.

Halfdan sighed heavily stumbling into his bed for the first time in months, reaching out across the empty space next to him and catching himself yearning for company.

Ingrid knocked quietly on Halfdan's door like she did almost every night he was home. She stepped in when she heard his grunt of approval "Do you need anything else before I go to sleep?" She asked softly. She had, had a thing for him now for years and always tried to help his lonely nights.

Ciri hesitantly got up and walked with the strange woman giving a small nod "It was cold, but better than the woods." She said softly. She glanced over at her and frowned softly "Where are we going?"

She smiled softly at her. “To the lab. Most of the reason they come home for the winter is to rest and recover but also to replenish their supplies. Elixirs and such… I’ll show you how I make them.” She told her.

“No ingrid… thank you… can you see to it that the new girl is settling and comfortable?” He asked her. He wasn’t as awful as they painted him to be in the ballads. Perhaps on the battlefield but when it came to the people who worked for him, he always made sure they were looked after and comfortable.

Ciri gave her a small nod and frowned softly "Geralt...I know he is not the only Witcher, but is he the strongest?" She asked softly trying to not be too awkward. If Geralt trusted her then she would do her best to do so too.

Ingrid nodded some giving a small disappointed frown "Yes sir." She said softly before leaving the room and making her way to their living quarters.

Carmen smiled and shook her head. “I wouldn’t say any of them are the strongest. They all have their things they’re good at… Geralt happens to be famous. All thanks to the bard he ran into, many years ago.” She told her, heading down the last set of stairs and into the lab to start working for the morning on getting the elixirs restocked for everyone.

Halfdan eventually drifted off into a restless sleep, having no dreams at all throughout the night and waking several times

Ciri gave a small nod and fell silent again before they got into the lab.she sat next to Carmen watching her as she made the elixers "So...do these give them all different help? Like strength or stamina?"

Max woke early that morning having barely slept at all. Her slumber filled with nightmares throughout the night and the last one had kept her awake. She sat in the living area watching the fire crackle taking this time to herself before everyone else awoke.

She nodded. “Be careful you don’t ingest any of it. For us it’s like a poison.” She explained, working through to the afternoon and trying to get to know the girl a little better until she heard Geralts voice in the room telling Ciri to head upstairs and she could go get some lunch. Carmen turned to find Geralt with two bowls and smiled some, slipping her arms around his neck. She had a tendency to lose track of time working down in the lab and had neglected both lunch and dinner on many occasions before without realising. “Oh I have missed having you home.” She smiled, pecking his lips.

Ingrid made her way out and frowned at her a little "You should use the rest you get... There's not much of it..... And if you're smart you will tell him you have changed your mind and want to be his wife. It would make your life much easier. Halfdan is not a bad man for a husband. He is kinder than you might think." She explained to her quietly.

Geralt made his way to the lab when he noticed Carmen hadn't come up for lunch. He went downstairs with two bowls of food chuckling some to himself " Ciri go up for lunch." He called before going to Carmen placing the two bowls down "Mmmm I have missed you too."

Max glared at the woman for a moment "This isn't my first time being owned." She muttered before turning her attention back to the fire. She shook her head softly taking a deep breath "What would change? I get to leave the house? Sit around and let him lay with me as he pleases? He'll still see me as his property. I am still just an object." She muttered before getting up and leaving the room to go start on her chores.

Carmen smiled and pecked his lips once Ciri had left, "I'm almost done down here anyway." She told him quietly, "You don't smell like you've been training." She accused him, raising an eyebrow before turning to sit down and eat, making a bit of a face "Oh gods, it must be Lambert's turn for lunch." She muttered, glancing up to see him watching her "Go on... spit it out what are you holding back?" She asked him quietly

Halfdan frowned as he ate his breakfast by the fire, having planned to head down and speak to Harald for the morning but he saw Ingrid with a face like thunder and sighed heavily "what is it?" He questioned her, assuming it must be the new girl.

Geralt watched her a bit and frowned as he noticed her slower movements. She was becoming weaker by something and it was worrying him "What were the visions you had?" He asked crossing his arms over his chest.

Ingrid came to Halfdan later in the morning and frowned deeply "She has decided to leave for the market. Saying you need better greens, that the ones I have picked were not good." She spat hating that this woman was basically insulting her.

She tensed a little and watched him, "Blood... Fire... Monsters... The black armor of Nilfgaard... It was messy and it wasn't just one thing but at the center of it all is Ciri." She explained to him. "When you set off in the spring, even aftertelling me you didn't want your child surprise.... I knew you would return with her." She told him quietly, "I've known for a long time that she is destined to be here with us."

Halfdan couldn't help but chuckle a little "What are you worried for my dear? She will learn quickly that there is no such thing as good produce in this part of the wordl." He smiled, "It will take her time to be used to this place." He pointed out, "Unlike you she is not from here." He told her gently.

Geralt frowned as he listened to her shaking his head some as he sat beside her finally "I am not sure how to contain her energy. I want her to train, but I do not think she is ready." He said softly

Ingrid frowned more at him shaking her head "She needs to learn her place sir. This is not her home to run. It is yours." She muttered before storming off

She frowned and sighed quietly. “We’re you ever ready? Any of you? I know I certainly wasn’t when they shipped me off to Aretuza.” She frowned and turned to face him, cupping his face. “Geralt things aren’t going to be so simple anymore. I feel it in my bones but you need to talk to me.” She told him quietly, kissing his cheek before getting up to continue work while he ate beside her.

He snorted a little and shook his head as he took a sip from the cup by his feet and stared into the flames again. He stayed that way until he heard Max’s footsteps coming back in and turned to face her. “Do try not to upset Ingrid. As I’m sure you saw at the market the farming here is terrible… so don’t assume she’s doing a bad job.” He warned her gently as he stood and went to get his furs, ready to make the walk down into town.

Geralt frowned more and remained silent for the rest of his time with her. He finished up and sighed heavily kissing the top of her head "I'll talk with you later." He muttered before going upstairs.

Max frowned at him and sighed heavily not saying another word to him. This was far different from her home and she missed it terribly, maybe not her housing situation, but the weather and outside atmosphere she did miss

She sighed a little and continued late into the afternoon, eventually merging out into the hall with Iskald at her heels, going to see Geralt at the table for dinner, sitting next to him. “I’m done. So after this… bedroom.” She told him softly, “Ciri if you want a hot bath let me know. I will sort it for you.” She told her gently then started eating, tying her hair out the way

Halfdan spent the next several months at home and by that point when the ice had melted enough for them to venture again, he was getting more than mild cabin fever. “Maxine!” He called as irritable as he had been this week. “Another ale!” He called to her. Recently he’d been regretting his decision to not have her be his wife but by this point he knew her mind was long made up and it felt hopeless

Geralt glanced over at Carmen as she came up for dinner giving a small nod "She needs new clothes, hers are torn." He muttered softly knowing she wouldn't say anything right now by how scaref she looked.

Max came into the room frowning softly as she poured him another drink "I see the ice has melted. When do you set out?" She asked softly as she watched him. She was miserable at the moment, now this definitely wasn't the worst situation she had been in, but it was far from what she wanted.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back