• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Winds In the East

Geralt rode slowly into Kaer Morhen giving a heavy sigh as Ciri rested against his chest. This wasn't what he had planned on when he had gone out of this latest mission, yet here he was, coming home with a child. He had to save her though, he couldn't just leave her behind. He just hoped his significant other would take her in. Things had been rocky when he left, she hadn't been too keen on him taking this particular job, but he had to do what he was bred to do. As they made their way further into the town he noticed everyone already inside for the evening. He arrived at his house and gently shook Ciri awake "Wake up. We are here." he murmured before getting off his horse and helping her down.

Max sat in the small tent outside of her burning town taking deep breaths. She hadn't thought that today her whole life would have been turned upside down. Vikings had attacked and raided the entire place. Not a building was left and those who weren't able to escape were either captured or dead. Her family, dead. The people she knew, dead. Everything was gone and now she had been forced into this tent and told to wait. What she had to wait for though she had no idea. She glanced over when she heard fabric rustling gulping quietly as she saw the tattoo riddled man come in.

Carmen had been keeping herself busy as much as possible the past few days. All of them had been returning. Those that were still alive anyway, all except Geralt and Eskel. This winter was going to be a hard one and she knew the passsage home would be impossible for him to cross over the next few days. The others had helped, keeping her mind busy with repairs they had asked of her but she could feel it in her bones that he was close now, eventually stopping in her tracks when the large doors opened to reveal him and a young girl walking through, carmens breath catching in her throat. “Geralt.” She smiled, closing the distance between them swiftly.

Halfdan was busy still, cleaning up from the long day, getting people set with preparations for the long journey home on his side of things, agreeing to meet with Bjorn again come the summer so they could head out once more. For now though they were all to return home. He finally made his way back to his tent, stepping inside and smirking at the woman sat there. “You’re a lucky woman. Had I not caught sight of you when I did then you would be burning with the rest.” He told her with a glint in his eyes. “But fate has smiled on you today… you’re coming home with me. And you have options. Either you can come and be my wife. Or you can be a slave in my household.” He told her smiling.

Geralt walked through the withered doors of Kaer Morhen feeling like a weight was lifted when he saw Carmen come sprinting towards them. His arms instictively wrapped around her keeping her close to him "Carmen." He said softly hiding his face in her hair "We need to talk." He murmured. Carmen was his saving grace in life, the only thing that kept him grounded. He pulled away some and turned to Ciri taking a deep breath "This is Ciri."

Max glared at the man before spitting at his feet "I'd rather burn with my people." She spat trying to sit up as straight as she could. The blonde man sat infront of her taking her face in his "I will not be your whore." She growled before pulling away from him. She had always been more of an independent woman, and she would never bow down to someone like him.

Carmen breathed him in the same way that she had every winter for the past twenty years, “you’re home love… I know who she is. I saw her. Last night. I saw you at Sodden and I saw you finding her… Cirilla of Cintra, my you are sight…. Come with me child and I will get you a hot bath and some clean clothes…. Come.” She smiled and reached for her hand, smiling a little as she watched the girl look to Geralt for safety first before following her.

Vesemir gave a deep sigh as he watched her disappear, “she’s been wearing holes in the floors for days. You’re late.” He told him, smiling though, watching Iskald, a large black wolf and Carmens familiar of sorts, going up to Geralt and rubbing all over his legs. “I thought you told me you were not going to claim your surprise?” He asked him.

Halfdan just chuckled deep and stood up again. “I said wife. You marry me. Not a whore.” He told her. “But suit yourself… a slave it is.” He told her, grabbing her face momentarily. “That’s a shame. You’d look pretty in my bed. You’ll just have to look pretty in the dirt instead.” He spat at her, “take her to my ship. I want to keep a close eye on this one.” He told his men, helping to pack everything away from camp so they could finally head home. Looking forward to seeing his brother again.

Last edited:
Geralt looked to Ciri and gave her a small nod "Go on, she will help you." He muttered before giving a heavy sigh. As Vesemir approached him he took a deep breath silently letting his hand go through Iskald's fur. He shook his head a bit and took another deep breath at his words "Plans change." He seethed glaring over at him.

Max glared at the man shruggling as one of his men came to take her away "Let me goddamn it! Kill me! Take me away from this fucking hell!" She screamed at him before being drug out of the tent. It was months later when they finally arrived in what would be her new home. She took a deep breath as the smell of dead fish engulfed her nostrils nearly making her vomit on the spot.

Last edited:
He frowned but nodded. “I trust you wolf. But there have been whispers of a greater force. The monsters we fight are getting stronger and there’s more of them. Carmen had visions all last week but she will tell you more about that herself.” He told him and got him a drink.
Carmen came down after a while and smiled, motioning for Geralt to follow her.

Halfdan stood at the helm, his smile returning the closer they got to home and waited til they docked to jump off, sporting his brother at the end of the pier. “Brother!” He greeted him, hugging him tightly. For many years they had only had each other to rely on but now they had been going slightly separate ways and had finally reunited.

Geralt frowned a bit more shaking his head some "Yeah....good to know." He muttered before taking his drink and going towards his dwelling. He had known of this force, he felt it inside of him and it was a bit terrifying. He followed Carmen once his eyes landed on her giving a heavy sigh. Once in their space he pulled her in close to him "Is she asleep?" He asked quietly

Max frowned softly when she saw her capture jump off the boat and greet a shorter, older man. Soon she was yanked off by another sailor who was trying to get handsy "Get your hands off of me!" She yelled before grabbed the closest thing next to her. She was thankful it was a blade and quickly sunk it into his shoulder "Do not touch me!"

She nodded. “Poor thing hasn’t had a good nights rest in weeks I would say.” She murmured, heating the bath once more and nodded towards it. “I would say you haven’t either.” She murmured, “I trust you love… I know you are doing the right thing with her whatever it may be. And she is safe here.” She promised him, kissing him softly before getting in the bath with him and going over all the new scars gently with her fingers.

Halfdan turned at the noise and smirked a little. “Oh yes… my best treasure from the raids.” He chuckled, going over to her. “Please refrain from stabbing our people.” He told her firmly, twisting her arm painfully to have her drop the blade. “Come. You are not staying with the other slaves.” He told her, walking her through the town and up the hill towards a large building that looked similar to the great hall but was away from the town.

Geralt nodded softly before stepping into the tub. He groaned quietly as the hot water started to relax his muscles thankful to finally be home. He sighed softly watching her every move as she traced his scars "They said you have been seeing things...what are they?" He asked quietly

Max yelped as he twisted his arm painfully behind her back "Then tell them to keep their filthy hands off of me." She spat. She followed him through the town taking in the similarities and differences it had from hers. She noticed how everyone keot their greetings short and sweet with the man. It was like they were fearful of him. She frowned as they started to go away from the town and make their way towards a sizeable house on the hill "Is that your home?"

She frowned and shook her head. “Not tonight love.” She murmured. “Please. One night of peace, and tomorrow we will talk.” She promised him, “the only thing you need to know tonight is that I missed you.” She murmured, smiling softly as she felt his hands rest on her hips. “Very much.”

Halfdan raised an eyebrow. “No. It’s an empty shack. What does it look like?” He muttered, shaking his head, relaxing his grip enough for her to be more comfortable until they got up there. “Ingrid! This is Maxine. Take her to be cleaned up…. Be careful though. She bites.” He smirked, gently pushing her towards another blonde woman, another slave in his home.

Geralt gave a small nod before letting his hands fall to her hips. He grunted softly and rocked her against his lower half "I've missed you too." He murmured softly before pressing a heated kiss to her lips.

Max frowned as he pushed her towards the other slave. She followed behind her and gave a heavy sigh not saying a word unless spoken to, something she learned from a young age.

Carmen smiled against him. Every year got harder to let him go in the spring and wait to hear from him and hope he was okay. She cleaned up once they were done, taking him to bed with her and lay curled close to him. “Goodnight Wolf.” She mumbled into his chest as she started drifting off.

Halfdan watched her go, shaking his head a little and went to take a seat by the fire, glad his people had the ale ready and he sat for what felt like hours, staring into the flames and allowing his body to slowly relax, to get used fo being on solid ground once more.

Geralt lay with her once they had cleaned up and smiled some. He only truely felt relaxed and at home with her by his side. He yawned some as she curled next to him wrapping his large arm around her small frame "Goodnight love."

Max came out with Ingrid after she had cleaned up and took a deep breath as she caught eyes with her capture. "What would you like for me to?" She asked starting to feel a bit uneasy under his unwavering gaze.

She slept through to morning for the first time in a while, rolling over as she started to remember Geralt coming home the previous evening, smiling a little seeing he was staring up at the ceiling. “Good morning.” She murmured, frowning for a moment and tracing her fingers down a scar she hadn’t noticed last night. It ran from his neck down to middle of his chest.

Halfdan smirked some. “Ingrid will show you everything…. The most important thing to do this afternoon. Is getting dinner ready. The king of Norway will be joining us shortly.” He chuckled to himself, used to entertaining himself with his humour at this point.

Geralt tensed softly when he felt her trace his newest scar. He glanced down at her and gave a small smile "Good morning.." he murmured leaning down and kissing her lovingly.

Max raised an eyebrow frowning a bit more. She had hear rumors of this King of Norway. The sailors spoke of him, some made jokes and some spoke highly of this King Herald. She wondered what bring such a man here, was Halfdan close to this king? She was soon taken from her thoughts when she felt Ingrid tug her towards the kitchen.

Carmen smiled and sat up, going to get dressed for the morning. “You should go check on her. She was okay with me but she kept asking to see you last night. She feels safe with you.” She told him quietly.

He smirked a little and watched her go, shaking his head some. He couldn’t help but feel disappointed that she had chosen to be a slave over being his wife. It was certainly a blow to the ego but he wasn’t going to force her. He didn’t want a wife who wanted to murder him from the very first day

Geralt frowned softly before giving a small nod getting up slowly giving a small grunt. He was still healing from his last battle and although he looked intact, his internal bruising was still taking a toll on him. He made his way to the room they had let Ciri stay in knocking loud enough on the door for her to hear.

Max stayed in the kitchen most of the night. She heard people come in and laughter as well. Ingrid had left her to tend to the drinks saying it would be best. It was only when food was to be served that she made her way out to see this so called King of Norway.

Ciri opened the door a crack and looked out to find Geralt there "Who is she?" She asked him, stepping out of the room and following him down to the hall for breakfast, “I thought you said women couldn’t be Witcher’s.” She pointed out, seeing the same woman from the night before serving up food for everyone and talking with the one older man in the room, both of them looking worried.

Halfdan watched her come out, nudging his brother "Here she is, Maxine, this is King Harald Finehair of Norway.... my brother." He told her smiling, "If you had chosen marriage you would have gotten the brother to the king for a husband." He pointed out to her

Last edited:
Geralt walked with her down the halls to the dining hall "She is my partner, I guess you would say she is my wife. Though we were never legally married." He murmured to her "Did you sleep well?" He asked genuinely while he helped find her a seat.

Max frowned more at him and took a deep breath. She snatched herself away when she heard Herald say 'Mmm well maybe she will be the wife of a king.' in a seductive voice "I am no man's wife nor will I ever be either of yours." She hissed

Ciri frowned. “There’s a draft in the window.” She told him. She was used to the finer things in life but this was a very rundown castle that had seen more than it’s fair share of battle.
Carmen smiled as she saw the young girl walk in. “Here.” She told her, passing her a bowl and then two to Geralt for him to hold hers while she finished sorting things out for everyone and eventually joined the two of them. “I thought maybe I could take Ciri down to the lab with me this morning, show her how to make the elixirs.” She told him tiredly

Halfdan frowned as his brother, like always, tried to step in and take what wasn’t his. “I already gave her a choice. She has chosen.” He told him firmly, an anger in his eyes whilst he waved Maxine away from them.

Geralt couldn't help but laugh lightly at her remark "There are many drafts in this castle." He said before sitting down. He looked at Carmen and took the bowls giving her a nod. As she sat down with her he gave another nod "I think she would find it interesting. I need to go help train a few others today." He murmured

Max frowned softly but took mental note of how he kind of stood up for her. She made her way to the back and gasped when she felt Astrid slap her across the face 'Watch your tongue! You're going to have us killed!' She heard her whisper yell before storming off to refill the drinks.

She nodded and smiled a little. “Alright… don’t kill each other.” She murmured to him. “I’m worried that Eskel hasn’t returned yet.” She told him quietly, rubbing at her temples while she ate. There was a lot to discuss with him but she was trying to put it off to avoid facing the truth of the matter.

Halfdan spoke with his brother long into the night and eventually sent him on his way to go home, heading to bed himself and bumping into max on the way. “Be careful around him. He has sticky fingers.” He muttered to her before letting go of her arm and going to his bed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back