Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• It's Complicated

• Total voters
HALLELUJAH! I thought it would auto-download, but here I am, still on 7 >_>

5 Yen! I wish it was done right now!

Still haven't gotten it. Said it's suppose to come in waves so it doesn't cause issues with the servers. >.>

No idea, don't know when it is coming. Said it's coming out today, but still haven't been notified about it. xD

I got a notification on my laptop to "reserve my copy"

I thought what the heck, might as well

It said it would take a few days and Id get a second notification when it was ready

*shrugs* Better be good if Im waiting for it

ChronicAsphyxiation said:
No idea, don't know when it is coming. Said it's coming out today, but still haven't been notified about it. xD
Flutterby said:
I got a notification on my laptop to "reserve my copy"
I thought what the heck, might as well, it said it would take a few days and Id get a second notification when it was ready

*shrugs* Better be good if Im waiting for it
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Didn't notify me yet either. The other way is to go straight to the website and download it yourself. :5/5:

Lexielai said:
How is Windows 10 so far?
It looks much nicer. It's now a good mix between 7 and 8. They should have skipped 8 and went with this.

Hmm, I think I'll wait for more reviews before I commit to it. As far as I'm aware, you have a whole year to upgrade.

I'm just going to wait until the notify me. Probably come sometime early in the morning or something. >.>

I definitely signed up for the reservation thing but during that time and today my computer died a painful death so....I'm out of luck on this one.

Feldschlacht said:
I definitely signed up for the reservation thing but during that time and today my computer died a painful death so....I'm out of luck on this one.
Omg ouch. Was this computer bought or built? It shouldn't matter too much either way, but if you call Microsoft and somehow verify the copy that died was genuine with them, they'll send out a replacement CD/download to you. For $10 I believe. Then just update to 10, when you have your new system set up. You have a year.

Laptop purchased about two years ago. It dropped shattering the entire screen, like the lower part is out. Cutting it on looks like an explosion of fruitopia. I don't know if that would still work?

I didn't think about that at the time I was more like....

6889.jpg

Hopefully it is not damaged to where I can get some files. I'm sharing a computer at the moment.

Feldschlacht said:
Laptop purchased about two years ago. It dropped shattering the entire screen, like the lower part is out. Cutting it on looks like an explosion of fruitopia. I don't know if that would still work?
Wow, wow. Sorry to hear, but yes, it still should! They will ask for a number in the settings of Windows, but if the screen is unreadable, they'll ask for a number that's on a sticker at the bottom of the laptop. Some people are nice and will offer the replacement CD/download quick, but others will take more time before they do. Don't be impatient! In your situation, they should.

If it's just the screen that's messed up, I suggest take it to a repair shop. Like Chronic said, they could even recover your info if the insides weren't damaged from the drop; which I don't believe they were. Computers' insides (laptops especially) are really, really, sturdy. I had a 4-5 year old laptop that I accidentally threw up into the air, and had it fall flat on its back. It still worked after, no problem.

If all else fails, buy another laptop with NO Operating system. It should be much cheaper than regular ones. Use the replacement CD they send to install 7/8/whatever you had. Then go 10.

Nice pic, LOL. It captures your emotion well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back