• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Wild Arms: Hysterian West

Azurian Dream

Hello To Nowhere
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

Have you ever made a decision knowingly that destroyed your life?

The Setting: Filigaia
A world that's nature has long been torn apart by forgotten wars with the fabled "Metal Demons" a race of aliens believed to have invaded Filigaia when the original native race Elw still existed. They along side with humans another alien race that had come to Filigaia pushed back the Metal Demons, but they only did so successfully once upon the first war. Defeating the leader of the demons known as "Mother" with now forbidden technology known as ARMS. Created by the Elw that based on the user could protect our destroy as needed. Mother, however,turned out to be a immortal entity forcing extreme measures to keep her into a eternal slumber with the aid of Nature's protectors known as Guardians elemental giants that only woken when the world was in cataclysmic danger. Upon victory Humans and Elw rejoiced yet the Elw became more weary of the human race who they now believed could turn on them at any time being a foreign alien race as well. As such based on design of the guardians they created golems in secret as a failsafe in cause they ever needed to turn war with humans.

Yet the second great war came not with Elw versus Humans but when the thought defeated Metal Demons returned stealing the Pilot-able Golems, and gave revenge onto the humans and Elw that nearly wiped them out before. The second war turned so grave that in desperate attempt to save themselves the Elw made one last ditch effort to escape rather than fall in arms with the humans... The Guardian Sword a ARMS so powerful that it literally sucked out Filigaia's power of nature from the Guardians causing permanent damage on the once lush world into a never ending desert world. It was than rumored with that source of nature taken that the Elw retreated to another world. This action apparently caused the fall of the Metal Demons and doomed humanity to degrade to a medieval era steering away from technology to favor magic and the sword instead.

Whether any of this is true is hard to say many scoff at it as false words to avoid a countries fault for dooming the rest of humanity. Others deem it as mistranslations avoiding religious righteous action correcting the course of humanity for ignoring the gods. Yet what can be agreed on is within every take their is a truth that ties it down and that truth is the still looming existence of ARMS weapons still left from those fables hidden amongst dens of monsters, lost lands, forgotten ruins, and fabled Elw constructs. As such ARMS are a unique grade of advanced weapons that give a dangerous edged to those able to carry the weight. ARMS only answer to certain souls and are extremely picky seeking to only react to those unknowingly selected to partake in their power. They mainly appear as firearms, pieces of armor, or unique items with offensive, utility, or defensive use. Those who can activate them however are rather demised of a normal life ridiculed, attacked, used, and even imprisoned just for even being able to use the ancient tech.

Such people usually end up as criminals, bounty hunters, or worse slaves/prisoners. Wrost thing is sometimes the ability to use ARMS is not immediately bestowed sometimes appearing way later into life.

Other practices involve the blade. Practitioners or martial arts users who use chi to execute powerful strikes with normal weapons.

Another branch of such are is magic casters who use the natural elements to execute divine abilities.

The Plot: Hysterian West

For those of you who know the Wild Arms series I will be following the same reason of rules each game does which is be completely detached from the other entries minus similarities as such here is the base idea.

Hysterian is one such still standing Oasis of a Kingdom still standing in Filigaia a bastian of humanities ability to survive amongst the desert lands. Held up by the one of few left water systems flowing in it's culture veins. Unfortunately it happens to be wedged between two Ally kingdoms it does trade with that of late are starting to show signs of wanting to break off trade and simply take the water source. Hysterian while a strong kingdom would most likely not survive a dual war front thus in desperate times comes a desperate nature. You for whatever reason or action are a criminal currently held within Hysterians iron bars, a bounty hunter on contract, or a knight of mid rank of this land tasked with one key goal: Find something in the vast land of sand to halt this war from starting. Whatever reward offered will no doubt be worthy the find... but not all venues end how they start.

Conclusion:

With this all said this is a minor check to see if anyone would be such interested in a fully expanded form of this idea. If I see enough interested hands I will definitely forge out a coded ooc to get the ball rolling. If you have any questions, concerns or curiosities please don't be afraid to state them. Also for those kinda wanting some more info of theming think Magic/Wild-West/Medieval/Samurai/Steampunk

Last edited:
Hi!!

I don't know anything about video games but this sounds amazing! Is the RP gunna be like a video game with like levels and stats and dice?

Hi!!

I don't know anything about video games but this sounds amazing! Is the RP gunna be like a video game with like levels and stats and dice?
Sorry for the delay unfortunately some real life stuff has caused me to temporarily shelf this idea. I'll probably reattempt at a later time but yes I was going to do a bit of a potential stat/level system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back