• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Other WHYYYY T^T

KhalZhavvorsa

Resurrected Darkness
Okay..so..I know I can't be the only person in the world that HATES when your computer has a hiccup..right when..you've been writing a post for the past HOUR and then lose..everything. ALL THE FREAKING WORDS YOU HAD JUST WROTE..GONE TO OBLIVION!!

So..through the many tears of anguish..I ask..is there..anyway..I can get..my hour of writing..back..because..it didn't save as a draft..

that really sucks, but i’m sorry there isn’t. next time i would recommend writing on google docs or something because the site autosave feature isn’t very reliable

I'm sorry :(

But livelvet's right, if it doesn't save the draft there's nothing we can do. To avoid potentially losing things, you can write up longer posts in other programs and copy them over, or (as I like to do with character sheets) make a post in your Private Workshop and edit it to write, saving the changes every so often.

And that's why I always save my work on notepad before posting.

Sorry that happened to you. :( Honestly, though...for me, it's never happened. I've never lost my stuff. It even flawlessly goes from device to device. I've been using this site since 2014 and never lost my data. But I'm paranoid so I do use my private workshop for very long responses, saving perhaps every paragraph or so.

Sorry that happened to you. :( Honestly, though...for me, it's never happened. I've never lost my stuff. It even flawlessly goes from device to device. I've been using this site since 2014 and never lost my data. But I'm paranoid so I do use my private workshop for very long responses, saving perhaps every paragraph or so.
Mine only does this once or twice a year x.x And I've been here for like.. nearly 2 x.x Every time it is devastating T^T

I had it happen just the other day. I had a post all typed out, had spent a long time working on it. Didn't realize I'd forgotten to hit post. Next day I refreshed the page to see who had posted after me, and right as I hit the refresh button I realized my draft was still sitting there. And it didn't come back :/: I think the one I wrote to replace it was at least as good, though!

Luckily for me, I have a very understanding group and they were pretty okay with me making a simplified version of the amazing post I had lost. Gotta love people who understand the pain <3

The site's autosave has always worked through my computer's bamboozles, but a quick tip is to highlight and copy your post if you're writing chunky paragraphs, the computer will remember what to paste even after it's been shut down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back