Opinion Why the Sonic Fanbase isn't as Bad as it Seems

Spoodermanultra

When I first thought of this rant, I automatically knew I was going to attract trolls. So if you see a troll, ignore them.
Why... just why. This thought in my head started when Sonic Forces was announced to have custom characters. But this is getting a overwhelming amount of hate due to the cringiness of sonic OCs made in the past. and i'm not denying that these monstrosities of fan art are made out of cringe. 'cause most of them are. but I'm here to talk about that 10% of awesome awesomeness. yes, it exists. There are actually good OCs out there- and good fan art -but because of these 5-year-olds they get a terrible reputation. just because a character is fan-made doesn't mean it's terrible. Plus, I doubt Sonic Forces will actually have options to post your character to Deviant Art and write cringy 18+ fanfics.

It's a short and very calm rant compared to my other rants, but it needed to be done.

What's your opinion.

This argument could literally apply for every fandom. MLP. Pokemon. Etc. Etc. Etc.

But, your argument is still not going stop me from posting this picture.

SonichuPose.jpg

Ha, good point. but still, you have to admit it's probably considered the 2nd most hated fanbase ever. 1st would be tied with MLP and Furries.

I've been in the Sonic fandom for most of my life... in fact, it's the reason I even got into video games, which are still a very large part of my life (probably more than it should be ¯\_(ツ)_/¯). With that, I was part of the sonic OC cringe-fandom. In fact, I actually found my old photobucket (remember those???) full of cringe-level drawings. I'm not as into the fandom as before, but honestly? I never really seen the hated part of the fandom. Yeah, there's some funny stuff out there, like the "Coldsteal" OC, but there's also so much beautiful art out there too. Yeah, there's some genuinely mean-spirited people out there, but I think it's important to be able to laugh at one self's.

Oh yeah, and I wanted to add that my first sonic OC was just a pink sonic in a dress named Pinkie. I was a great 8-year-old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back