Other Why does everyone like scourge?

Silverthekitsune

Silver mapleflight
Tbh I do like drawing scourge but my friends at school say every thing he did was justified. When really his back story is. He was bullied as kit by his siblings and then he runs away BC they say kittens who don't get adopted get thrown in the river so he runs into the forest and gets attack by tigerpaw(or tigerstar) and then goes into the city becomes leader of bloodclan and all that stuff I'm sure most of you have read the rise of scourge. But tbh he killed a ton of cats and his excuse for being evil is kinda.. Dumb... It's fine if you like scourge but honestly I don't think he has much of a personality. Again it's fine if you like scourge I'm curious on why most people like him... Feel free to attack me if you're mad at my opinion (please don't) also I'm aware that not everyone likes scourge.

I think generally fans find appeal in Scourge simply because he's the villain, and those guys often attract a lot of rather positive and affectionate attention from the fandom. He's a skilled killer and a powerful cat in general. Admirable traits in a character, especially for a fanbase mostly consisting of a younger audience. I, too, favoured him when I was younger, but never have I thought his actions were justified.
Erin Hunter actually admitted in the comic to have never thought out Scourges backstory or what made him the cat that he is today, so I think that's a major reason why his backstory seems unjustified and sort of... unfitting. It was came up with after the character was developed and typed up, so she had to come up with the easiest explanation possible.

I think people just sympathised for scourge and the real reason he does what he did not that it makes it better but he probably suffers fromm PTSD

When I saw the word "Scourge" I was like no way they're talking about the cat lol, mane... y'all giving me nostalgia. But anyway, the reason I feel people like Scourge is simply because he's the typical villain and most people reason with the villain, hence they adore him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back