• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Who Am I?

Should Someone be Chosen to be the Game Master?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Athens

"Film Major"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

So I got this idea from an episode of Doctor Who. It's a tad bit rough around the edges.

It was a completely average day, you were surfing through the internet, liking ridiculous cat memes... Then the wifi shut off. If the situation wasn't already bad, it cut off right as you clicked on this trending video known as "Game Master"

You're clicking on the connection tab searching in vain for your internet service. And just as you're about to give up, a strange service pops up.

┓┏ 凵 =╱⊿┌┬┐

You shrug and click on it. Who are you to say no to free wifi, especially after waiting weeks and weeks for this "Game Master" video. Instantly the video blinks back on and begins to buffer. You're ecstatic as the video begins to play, but suddenly your head feels weird and the next minute you've blacked out and entered your living nightmare.

You're an everyday high schooler who's life is beginning to fall apart as the "Game Master" begins to gain more and more control over you, and the Nightmare Zone begins to kill and hurt you progressively each time you participate. Your goal is to find the Game Master and stop the madness before it kills you and the others.

So I haven't decided if I'll have a character in this or be the NPCish mastermind. But the premise is that there's this mystery person who has hacked into your mind after you entered the wifi. At random moments you will black out and enter the Nightmare Zone where you are forced to roam (potentially die) until you complete the task given to you at the beginning of your dream state. While awake the hacker is able to override your mind subtly and make you do certain things.

I will be doing the role of the Game Master so that the air of mystery shall remain, but one of your characters may be chosen to be him in the end. Only I and the person will know.​

This sounds really fun :D I'm in a well! Will all our characters be in the same 'Game' together? or will they be alone?

EmmiMae said:
This sounds really fun :D I'm in a well! Will all our characters be in the same 'Game' together? or will they be alone?
Well would you all be interested in same games? It sounds interesting.

TheWeirdPhilosopher said:
Well would you all be interested in same games? It sounds interesting.
It would be cool of a group of people were put into the same world. Perhaps they each have to over come their fears or be eaten by them? They could be like levels to the top. Some might die but other characters could come in... or be revived.

Enter your city here

EmmiMae said:
It would be cool of a group of people were put into the same world. Perhaps they each have to over come their fears or be eaten by them? They could be like levels to the top. Some might die but other characters could come in... or be revived.
Ooh, that is fantastic!

Maybe the video has you comment your biggest fears and then one room at a time those fears come to life. They can only get out if they defeat the game master. If their fears over take them they will die in the real world too.

Enter your city here

EmmiMae said:
Maybe the video has you comment your biggest fears and then one room at a time those fears come to life. They can only get out if they defeat the game master. If their fears over take them they will die in the real world too.
So they have you comment your fear on the video before you watch it and once your in the game they use that fear to tap into your mind?

TheWeirdPhilosopher said:
Enter your city here
So they have you comment your fear on the video before you watch it and once your in the game they use that fear to tap into your mind?
Exactly. Or perhaps it's more like they video gets you into the game and the fears are behind different doors and all the players have to experience everyone's fear. So say I'm scared of snakes and it's the first door... to get to the next door everyone has to go through snakes to reach the next fear.

Okay, anything else? Or are we good to make the RP?

Great! I'll try and get around to it after I clean the kitchen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back