Which category...

iSurvivor

Dragon trainer
I am going to make a wolf pack RP but I face a small dilemma...

Where should I put it?

It isn't really sci-fi,

It isn't based off a book/ film,

It isn't humans so can't be realistic,

It isn't really fantasy since they aren't were-wolves

iSurvivor said:
It isn't humans so can't be realistic,
Sorry if I sound rude here, but I sense a misunderstanding here. Realistic RPs don't have to be about Humans. All the tag requires is that it be in either a modern or historical world.

Basically, for it to be realistic, it has to be able to happen IRL.

I just thought I'd point that out ( :) )

Edit: The same sort of thing goes for fantasy as well. If it takes place in a fantasy world, then it could go in fantasy as well. The wolves themselves don't have to be mythical.

Last edited by a moderator:
LegoLad659 said:
Sorry if I sound rude here, but I sense a misunderstanding here. Realistic RPs don't have to be about Humans. All the tag requires is that it be in either a modern or historical world.
Basically, for it to be realistic, it has to be able to happen IRL.

I just thought I'd point that out ( :) )

Edit: The same sort of thing goes for fantasy as well. If it takes place in a fantasy world, then it could go in fantasy as well. The wolves themselves don't have to be mythical.
OK, thanks ( :) )

@iSurvivor to expand on what Lego said the genre subcategories strictly define the world that something takes place in - they don't really have anything to do with the characters.

Therefore something would be considered fandom if it takes place in a fandom universe or is based on fandom creation. So basically anything involving an idea from popular media. It could be a book, a tv show, a video game, etc. Heck if you made a roleplay about Youtubers technically it would be in fandom.

A realistic roleplay as Lego said just means it takes place in a version of the real world. You'll find a lot of magic/superhero stories here too because outside of people having magic or superpower the roleplays still take place "in the real world".

Fantasy is more like a medieval or totally made up world. Typically with magic but that's not necessarily a requirement. It just has to be a world that is totally made up.

Futuristic again it takes place in a world based on some version of the future. Whether that be sci-fi, post apocalyptic, etc.

There are places where some stories overlap of course but those are the basic categories.

I'd actually probably put it in Fantasy because the wolves wouldn't be acting like their real world counterparts, you know?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back