• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern When You Go Big Time {Closed}

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

elskagalla

stars.gif
Boris slumped into his sofa with a long and exaggerated sigh. The faint sound of chattering on the television could be heard from where he was sat, though he didn't bother to pay attention. It probably was just another silly infomercial or something equally as unnecessary. The man couldn't stand days like these, it was too cold to sit outside, yet too mild for the drizzling rain to turn to snow. At least snow was pretty to look at, and if they were lucky, perhaps it'd freeze the lake over and allow them to skate again. Yet here they were, cooped up inside and in front of the TV. It had to be the absolute last thing any of them felt like doing.

"Of course there's shit on today," Boris groaned, picking up the remote to flick through the channels. He finally settled on MTV and turned up the volume a little bit. More commercials. He rolled his eyes and flopped back against the cushions again with a huff, being the drama queen that he was. Staring absentmindedly at the screen, he watched people advertised for jewelry, some old man advocated for a medication he was taking, and an overexposed musician promote his new album. But just as he was about to turn the television off and give up, the word "AUDITIONS" popped up in bold print across the screen, catching his attention immediately.

"Do you or someone that you know have a knack for singing? Do you want to ride in a big limousine? Do you belong on the stage with your name in flashing lights? If this sounds like you, we might have the answer! Big-time producer, Victor Newman, is on the hunt for America's next popstar. Think you have what it takes? Be sure to check when Mr. Newman will be in your town and show up for the audition ready to put on a show! Hope to see you there!"

Boris' eyes lit up like Christmas trees and he immediately turned to his friends.

"Did you guys here that?" He asked, urgency in his voice, "oh my god, I have to go! He better be making a stop in Minnesota!"

The blonde reached under the sofa and pulled out his laptop, typing away like rapid fire to find out when Victor would be nearby. His heart nearly ceased beating when he pulled up the list of locations and saw that auditions were being held that evening in Minneapolis. They resided in a small, rural town, probably about a ninety minute drive from the city. But at this point, Boris was willing to do anything.

"I'm going." He said, point blank, a determined look in his eye, "and I really hope I don't have to go alone..." He let his voice trail off and batted his eyelashes, as to say pretty please. He knew that if he had his friends there to cheer him on, he'd be unstoppable.

cherub. cherub. athereal athereal Dark Serenity Dark Serenity Writingel Writingel

Last edited:
Kevin sat absently near Boris, browsing on his phone through Tinder. Unfortunately, none of the girls appealed to him, and he just ended up saying no to them all, leaving him bored. "Man, we need some more chicks in this town." He groaned, shaking his head. "I've already dated half of these." He muttered, though it was a gross overstatement. He rarely had time for dating.

He looked up when Boris suddenly perked up, and looked at the TV in time to see the word 'auditions.' "Go for it, man." He muttered, shrugging. He would've left it at that if he hadn't heard Boris' little whine, and stifled a groan. He dropped his phone and looked at his friend before exchanging a glance with the other two guys. He knew they'd all bend, they always did when Boris started begging.

"Okay. I'll drive." He conceded. He had an SUV, so he was generally the chauffeur of the four guys. "But you're giving me gas money, and you're paying for some food." He warned, shaking his head and pulling his keys out, thinking about how low his tank was. His one day off that week, and he'd be driving three hours round trip, but if it was important to Bo, he'd do it, he'd do anything for the guy, even if it meant driving around the entire damned state for an audition. "When are we leaving?" He asked, scratching his neck. He wasn't a bad singer, himself, not that he'd ever admit it. His shower head alone was allowed to hear him, and he was fine with that. He didn't need to audition for everything.

Wes rolled his eyes at the thought of Kevin driving them anywhere. The man had a history of moments where he acted as if the world was just one big pissing contest. Honestly, Wes could do without the bravado and plastic smiling. Boris really felt like doing this audition, plus it wasn't a bad idea--in theory.

Newman wasn't a name or brand to scoff at. He'd produced some songs with people his mother had considered friends. She would have been lucky to have him in her back pocket. Of course, all his success was due to his talent and the fact that he was an enormous prick.

But all of that was neither here nor there. If they were gonna leave, it had to be then. Wes stood up from his spot next to Parker, fishing his hands through his pockets.

"Come on, guys," Wes purred like a panther, "Bo really wants to do this. And when was the last time Bo asked for anything?" Wes smiled like a Cheshire cat, hoping it would excuse the time Boris broke Parkers flat iron. And he dare not look at Kevin and be reminded of the Taco Bell Crash of 2015 that involved the dude's Honda Skyline. Finding his wallet, Wes withdrew the wad that was in there and slapped it against Kevin's chest.

Stepping forward--hoping Kev would catch the money--he stripped off his work shirt and changed into one of his ratty band tees with the arms cut out. They'd been sitting at his place, which was always the place they crashed at. Throwing his shirt to the floor, he grimaced at the thought that he just gave Kevin $400... Which was part of his rent money. Maybe he would audition too.

"Okay you grimy bastards, get the fuck out of my house."

for those who said i
park soo-jung
can't do it, watch me. i will.
/ search

Soo-Jung was watching television with his other friends, Kevin and Boris'. He looked worried once the commercial came up on the television. He wanted to stop Boris from doing anything stupid.

"Boris.. Wait." He said quietly, he didn't even think that both Boris and Kevin even heard him, so he just left the situation alone. He sat there, twiddling his thumbs, his eyes wavering back and forth. He was cautious about this situation. His eyes quickly went over to Wes who he hadn't noticed before, and he suddenly got off the couch. "I'll be right back. Gotta use the bathroom." He said. It was easy to tell something was off about him. What if he lost his dearest friends if they won these auditions? What if they broke up and they got in fights? He went to the bathroom quickly and he hummed quietly, not even using the bathroom at all, he just looked in the mirror, thinking about what would actually happen when they got into Kevin's SUV. Minutes later, he got out of the bathroom, and he looked at the boys in the room.

"I'm ready, I guess." He said softly.

I'll be right back.

tags
code by pasta pasta

"I'll keep you in mind." Victor told a brown-haired girl, readjusting his glasses and giving her his phone number, while she gave him hers. The moment she left, he turned around and took said glasses off, rubbing his forehead with the back of his hand. "Jesus... what the fuck was that?"

He walked over and slumped in his chair, shaking his head in utter disbelief. There were maybe, maybe, two more people in the waiting room. It wasn't like he was blacklisted from the industry, even if he was certainly controversial. Hell, most kids he worked with, they'd kill to be famous! They were all probably jumpstarting on the internet now, though. Nobody wanted it the legit way.

"Hmph. Call me old fashioned..." Victor mumbled to himself, slowly pushing himself out of the chair. The more he thought, the more he wondered if he should just call that girl back. It wasn't like she was horribly bad at singing, and she was young enough she'd appeal to the market nowadays. His hand hovered over his cellphone, and slowly, he pulled it back, a low sigh rumbling out of him.

"I'll give it a few more whirls."

Boris couldn’t help but smirk at Wes’ eagerness to go along with his plan. This seemed to be a usual thing between the two, when something went wrong, or he had an outlandish idea, Wes was always the first one to back him up. He stood up, smoothing out his jeans a little as he did, “what are we waiting for then? Cmon!”

Boris excitedly made his way to the door, grabbing his jacket along the way. He paused for a moment, though, and took out his wallet. He saw the amount of money that Wes offered up for their impromptu road trip, and considering the fact that he still lived with his parents himself, he knew it wouldn’t kill him to help his friend out.

“Here,” he whispered, his voice low, as to keep the exchange discreet, “for rent and as a thank you for not thinking I’m crazy,” the man chuckled a little and handed his friend some money. “Don’t you dare try to give it back to me, though! I really appreciate the help, besides, when I’m a big Hollywood star, I’ll buy you a fancy flat in LA and you’ll never have to worry about rent again.” He raised an eyebrow and couldn’t help but laugh at the last statement. Yes, Boris was confident, prone to daydreaming, and getting ahead of himself, but he also was practical. He knew this audition wasn’t a done deal, but at least it was a start.

Before he had a chance to push open the door and be on his way, he noticed Parker’s hesitation. He didn’t want to pry, but he didn’t want to seem dismissive of his friend’s feelings either. “You okay, man?” He asked, his tone soft as to assure he wouldn’t be mad with whatever Parker said. He had a funny feeling the other male wouldn’t be too fond of this idea, he didn’t want him to have to bottle that up, though.

for those who said i
park soo-jung
/ search

Parker noticed Boris talking to him minutes after her said it.

"Yeah. I'm fine. Can.. we all just promise one thing?" He said as he raised an eyebrow and he looked at Boris and then Kevin and Wes behind him. "Can we promise that we'll always be friends.. and, that this Hollywood act won't tear us apart?" He said, a worried look in his eyes. He knew it was such a childish thing to do, but he had to. He stuck his pinky out and a small, playful smile formed on his face. "Please?" He said, batting his eyelashes. Boris should know by now that Parkie wasa really playful, but anxious person. If even one of the boys said 'No' to his promise, he would be heartbroken, even though it was unlikely that one of them would say no to him. elskagalla elskagalla

tags

code by pasta pasta

Kevin barely caught the wad of cash that Wes tossed at him, flicking through it. "Okay, the car is a gas guzzler, I'll admit it, but not nearly that much." He sighed, shaking his head. Perhaps it was a pride thing, but he wouldn't accept charity. He peeled fifty bucks out of the wad and set the rest on the table, since it was Wesley's house anyways. He would've offered his own apartment up to hang out, but he didn't exactly live in the safest area in town, he'd been robbed three times, and there wasn't a moment where cop cars weren't somewhere in the complex, so he figured it'd be best if his friends didn't visit. He'd told them stories, of course, but they'd never seen the place.

He snagged his keys, phone, and wallet before walking toward the door, checking his watch. "I can get us there in an hour." He shrugged, looking at his car with a fond smile. A 2002 Ford Escape, a blue-grey color, and in pretty good shape. He fixed it up himself, had it repainted from a disgusting shade of green, and made sure it ran like a charm. Half of his free time was spent up to his elbows in oil, and he loved it.

He walked to his car quickly, unlocking it and snagging the envelope from his passenger seat quickly before any of the guys could see it. He wasn't one to rant about his problems, he never had been. So his rent had just been increased by quite a bit, and he could barely afford it to begin with, big deal. He'd pick up some odd jobs and make it work. The guys at the bowling alley loved him, he could ask for a raise, try it at the mechanic, too. He'd figure it out, he always did. Things like food and utilities, that was a secondary concern, he'd worry about that when he had the time to.

He turned the key, turning it halfway twice before forcefully finishing the rotation. His car was special, and by that, it had a shitty owner before him, and that meant it had some quirks. He had to fix a few things in the ignition, but the radio worked, the engine was damned near perfect, and he was satisfied. He could work on his baby for free, getting parts from the shop and the junkyard and installing them after work.

He rolled down his window, another thing he loved about the car - the little things all worked - and stuck his head out, honking the horn twice. "C'mon, gentlemen, we have an audition to catch!" He called, smirking slightly as he fiddled with the radio, getting it to some 70's rock. He had a varied taste in music.

Wesley laughed quietly as he shook his head at his friend's antics. Kevin, Mr. Responsible, would want them to get there as quickly and safely as possible in his baby. The many man hours that dude put into his projects was honestly impressive, only heightened by the fact that he could play the hell out of a guitar. Parker held his pinky out to Boris, who was probably worried about the guy. This was their dynamic: Boris usually suggested something, Kevin drove, Wes usually paid depending on how much money was in his bank--if not, Parker usually got the tab. As fun as that cycle was, Wes was actually glad they were going out to do something that they were all good at.

It was no surprise that the gang was more musically inclined than most male based four member friend groups around. There was a group karaoke trophy floating around at someone's house(things got a little fuzzy after the tournament...and the booze). And they all brought something different to the sound: Parker and Boris were both bilingual, which brought sex appeal; Kevin was good for baritone which brought...more sex appeal; and when Wes got in the mood he could hit pitches that could break glass.

Honestly, these boys were just fucking sexy.

"Come on, guys," Wes growled, pushing them out the door and into the parking lot from behind, "We won't get torn apart because we're doing this together. Gives me a chance to sing with Bo-Bo." he added, laughing nervously. "And Parkie-poo can oogle Kev on the way there, come on, let's GO!" Wes continued pushing them toward the Escape where Kevin had the engine roaring and ready to go.

for those who said i
park soo-jung
/ search

Parker was soon being pushed out of the door by Wes before he could even conjoin fingers with Boris. He looked back at Wes and he didn't say anything. He just decided to get in the car. He hummed quietly as he opened up the door and he sat in the back, like he usually would. He pulled his legs up on the seat and he crossed them, looking bored as he looked out the window and then fixed his shirt a bit. The most he could do. He really didn't have much to do on his phone...

He hummed quietly and he rocked sight to side, looking at Wes as he giggled quietly under his breath, hoping he would understand him, because Boris of course wouldn't. "Weseulli, bolyu sya joh-ahani? geulaeseo geuwa hamkke nolaehago sipseubnikka?" He said softly to him. That meant, "Wes, do you like Boryusha? Is that why you want to sing with him?"
elskagalla elskagalla athereal athereal

tags

code by pasta pasta

Boris shot Wes a playful scowl when he was referred to as "Bo-Bo", not being a huge fan of cutesy nicknames. Deep down, he was a sucker for pet names, but he couldn't let his friends know that. If they ever found out, he'd never hear the end of it. So he opted for crossing his arms and rolling his eyes towards the man. "I'm Boris, not Bo-Bo. American nicknames make no sense." He shook his head and chuckled, a lot confused him about his new home.

"But Wes is right, Parker, we're doing this together, we always do things together." Boris finally added, smiling to the smaller male and meaning what he said so deeply. Ever since he moved to Minnesota from Russia, these three guys were nothing but welcoming and helpful. They truly became the extended family he didn't have. He craved stardom, but not at the cost of his closest companions. Never. Moments later, he could see Parker humming and laughing to himself, which lifted a weight from his shoulders. It was nice to see him grow cheerier despite the prior anxiety.

Boris couldn't understand a thing that Parker said, but now he was curious. "What's so funny?" He asked, tilting his head to the side inquisitively.

Kevin looked back at Boris, one eyebrow raised. "I'm strictly the chauffeur, buddy. You guys can sing and blow this audition away, I will cheer you on. I don't sing." He reminded them. Not technically the truth, he was a good singer, but he reserved the listening experience solely for his shower head, and occasionally his dog when he was bored. He was raised in a rather judgmental household, singing was firmly frowned upon for him, after all, he was a big guy, football and soccer star, fair lacrosse player. Guitar was okay, since it was a chick magnet, but anything else was forbidden.

He smirked when Parker started speaking in some other language, keeping his own mouth shut. He could speak a decent amount of Italian, since his father had spoken it to him often, he was almost fluent, but he had never really mentioned it to the guys. It never came up. Just another chick magnet.

"Alright, gentlemen, let's get this show on the road." He chuckled, reversing out of Wesley's driveway and speeding off down the road, rolling down the window to get some fresh air in the car. "I hope there's a bar near this audition place. I'm desperately in need of some entertainment." Entertainment always meant the same thing for Kevin - flirting. Usually with the bartender or the more sober patrons, drunk girls were no challenge. He rarely did more than flirt, but he enjoyed the verbal seduction practice, he didn't have time for relationships or even really hookups. But he had ten minutes to make a girl drool over him using nothing but a few well-placed words.

The landscape swept past him, the roads were characteristically empty in their small town. He took a moment to think what would happen if the audition went the way Boris wanted. He wouldn't participate, of course, but the other three were good, and they deserved a shot. They could go big, Hollywood big, and he'd be left in rural Minnesota, fixing lanes in a bowling alley and engines in a mechanic, trying to stay awake long enough to do the homework for his online classes and usually failing. It was a sobering thought, but he wanted to be prepared for it, had to be. The first time the guys had a falling out when he wasn't there to make them see sense, what would happen?

"Uh...well..."

Unlike the others, Wesley knew exactly what Parker was saying. Exactly what Parker was saying. How could he not learn the language his best friend liked to throw at him from time to time? Either the dude was psychic or Wes was starting to lose his cool around Boris more often. Or both, who knew what went on in that adorable little head of his. Wesley blushed, which was totally an un-Wesley thing of him to do. "Keep it to yourself." he scoffed, crossing his arms and looking out past Boris' window in a trance.

What he was really saying was:

'Park, you know me. You obviously can tell I'm in love with the guy. Pleeeeease don't tell him. Please!'

"I'll get you those cookies you like." he stoically added for extra measure. They wouldn't only be a bribe...he hadn't hung out with the guys much over the last month. They knew why it was a hard time for him, but that was no excuse to cut out the people he considered family. And, of all the guys, Park could easily be his favorite friend. He had this fearlessness when it came to standing up for what he believed in that Wes respected a whole lot.

"So," the wild haired man started, trying to change the ever loving fuck out out of the subject, "What are we singing for Victor Newman? And we are ALL singing," he tacked on for good measure, shifting his gaze at Kevin's reflection in the rear-view mirror, an eyebrow cocked with his playful smirk on.

cherub. cherub. Dark Serenity Dark Serenity elskagalla elskagalla

Last edited:
Kevin met Wesley's gaze in the rearview mirror. "Yes, you all are. And I'll be cheering from the audience. Very proud of you all, you'll make it far. I'll attend all of your concerts. When I can afford it. You might be on your own for most of it." He shrugged. "Bowling alley doesn't pay well, and the mechanic keeps cutting my damn shifts." He grunted, shaking his head. It was the closest he came to complaining, particularly about financial issues, his bank account was usually his business, but he was pissed off. He'd only taken the job because he needed more shifts, more hours, than the bowling alley could give him, he already usually worked more than fifty hours a week there, and the mechanic kept giving him less and less, and he still didn't have the time to look for a new job. His mother was, shockingly enough, having trouble with her boyfriend, and somehow, it ended with him kicking her out of her house. Her sister hated her and had her hands full with taking care of Kevin's sisters, so she wouldn't help her at all, a lot of family drama ending with the same, usual outcome - Kevin's paycheck was going to his mother, keeping her rent paid and keeping some form of liquor in her cabinet. He barely had enough food to eat once every day or two, but she was living the high life in an apartment of her own.

He shook the thoughts from his head, jaw clenched. His mother had always been and would always be the largest stressor in his life. He was allowed a couple hours where he just enjoyed some time with his buddies, flirted with a couple girls, didn't worry about the fact that he'd lost ten pounds in the last month and could see his ribs pretty clearly. It almost made him regret giving Wesley back his money. Almost, but not quite.

"Let's just get you to this audition." He muttered, his good mood dissipated like dew on a hot day. He hit the gas, the engine roaring as he sped up. The sooner they got there, the sooner he could go home and figure out how the hell he was going to make rent. The more he tried to forget about all the shit he was dealing with, the less he cared about some audition. After all, how many thousands of people auditioned for this big-whig producer? How many people that had practiced professionally for their entire life? It would make Boris happy, which always made Wesley happy, so he'd do it. The thought brought a slight smirk to his face. It seemed obvious to him that Wes was crushing on Boris, and as the only straight guy in the group, he was waiting for them to just kiss already and get it over with. The way the guy jumped every time Boris spoke, jumped on to every idea Boris suggested, perked up every time Boris entered the room, it was almost adorable, and the only one who didn't seem to see it was Boris himself. Of course, Kevin never brought it up to either, it wasn't his business, but he supported them wholeheartedly, and he had dibs on flower girl at their wedding.

for those who said i
park soo-jung
/ search

Parkers attention turned to Boris when he asked what was so funny.

"Nothing." He said quickly. Of course he didn't want to tell Wes' secret so quickly like that, it would be beyond rude, and Wes would probably punch him right in the face for that.

He then looked back over at Wes and said, "Seung-in. Naneun geuege malhaji anh-eul geos-ida. Jigeum-ibnida." He said, and a cute little smirk appeared on his face shortly after. It meant, "Okay, okay, I won't tell him. For now."

He frowned slightly when he heard Kevin say such a thing, "What do you mean? Aren't you singing too?" He asked, he thought it would be better with Kevin in the group anyways. He didn't always want to be a third wheel when Wes finally wants to tell Boris that he lik-, well, more like loves him. It's obvious to Parker.
elskagalla elskagalla athereal athereal

tags

"Kevin," Boris let his voice trail off like a deflating balloon, "you have to sing with us, it just wouldn't be the same without you." His mind immediately went back to Charles' 21st birthday bash, the only time Boris has ever heard Kevin sing.

Charles was a mutual 'friend' of theirs, the kind of guy that you mingle with in a crowd, but wouldn't dare hang out with alone. Boris met him back in his high school choir days, the two were proud sopranos, but other than that, the guy was pretty dry. If he wasn't chatting about a new musical he saw, or a song they were working on in class, he could suck the life out of you with his dreariness. Needless to say, his party wasn't much different. The only thing that kept the guys sane was the thought of a karaoke contest at the end of the night. Honestly, if Charles said they'd watch paint dry to top off the night, they probably would've gotten excited. Anything was better than getting stuck trying to make conversation with this guy.

As a rescue attempt from all the small talk, Boris began to drink, hoping that a little buzz would make the event more tolerable. It was a 21st birthday party, wasn't it? What a shame Charles' drink of choice was a lavish red wine. When Boris turned 21, he ordered the sweetest Strawberry Daiquiri that he could. But it was no surprise Charles wanted something hoity-toity. Regardless, Boris poured himself a full glass and continued counting down the hours until the big contest. His friends must've had a similar tactic in mind because everyone seemed a little tipsy as the evening droned on.

It finally was time to sing and the boys put on the performance of a lifetime. Their voices all just seemed to sync up perfectly, as if they were a puzzle, incomplete if even just one piece was missing. When they were awarded a trophy for their act, they celebrated hard. So hard that the memory gets fuzzy from that point on. All he could remember was getting into a dance-off with Wes, Kevin stumbling and breaking the ice sculpture of Charles' face, the shenanigans bringing tears to Parker's eyes, and then all four of them being asked to leave. Hey, at least they didn't have to worry about dealing with Charles anymore.

Boris chuckled softly to himself, "Please, Kevin. Remember the last time we all sang together? We had a blast."

The male's expression went a little bit more sincere, "Besides, I have this weird feeling that when things in life get really bad, that just means something amazing is right around the corner. Maybe this is your something amazing."

Wes smirked at the memory of that one time. He could barely remember shit about that night. Goldschlager was on the "do not drink" list because of that shit.Figuring that this was gonna be a long ride, Wes reached into his jacket pocket and took out a pen. Rolling up his sleeve, he began to scribble a little patch of words that seemed odd but somehow stung together in just the right way.

'Mesmerized by the passing lights
they resemble stars, but only reflect
what I see when I look in your eyes.

Paralyzed by your stature,
so big in my head and my heart
making me so small in conversation.

Hypnotized by the way you move,
your mouth,
your walk,
the way you breathe.

Can I connect the dots that are lined with
stars
galaxies
universes between you and me?'

With a drawn out sigh that turned into a growl, Wes slowly rolled down his window.

"Sing with us," he threatened darkly, "Or I will moon everyone passing by you on the way here and back. You'll get a ticket too and it'll tarnish that oh so perfect permanent record you like to sling around."

Kevin rolled his eyes when he started getting ganged up on, and didn't look at the other two guys. "No." He said simply, speeding up a bit more. The sooner he got them there, the sooner he could make his escape. He didn't sing in front of people unless he was drunk, and there was a severe lack of alcohol in his car. "And no, I don't remember. Tequila does that to me." He didn't remember Charles' bash at all, except that all of a sudden, he hadn't ever had to talk to the man again, and his fist was covered in blood, which he'd been told that it was from punching a statue? He had no idea.

"My something amazing would be getting a raise. Maybe actually having the time to do some homework. Not singing, we both know that." He scoffed, looking at Wesley. "I don't think I would be the one getting a ticket for you flashing people. Public indecency and all that. But go ahead, I'm sure some of the onlookers might enjoy the view. It'd be worth the ticket. And I don't have a perfect record. Three speeding tickets, and I've gotten public intoxication once. And that assault charge. That was an interesting night. But nice try." He laughed, shaking his head. The first guy his mother had dated after his father had been a real scumbag, addict for hard drugs, heavy drinker, and a hitter. Unfortunately, he hadn't counted on Kevin hitting back, and hitting a lot harder. Of course, his mother had called the cops on her son instead of her boyfriend of two months, and he was the one who spent the night in jail until someone pointed out his own black eye, as it was self-defense. A very interesting night.

"We'll be there in ten minutes, I'll help you set up. I'll do guitar for you if you want, I have mine in my trunk. I'm not singing." Kevin said firmly. He loved playing guitar, he was damned good at it, but singing just made him feel like an idiot. He sighed, pulling off of the interstate and onto the city streets, which were relatively traffic-free. Hell, he could get them there in five. And, almost exactly five minutes later, he pulled into the theatre, looking around. "You sure this is the right place? Lot's almost empty." He pointed out, cutting the engine and getting out of the car, walking to the trunk to get his guitar case.

for those who said i
park soo-jung
/ search

Parker was determined to make Kevin sing. If it was the last thing he did. He didn't think that just by singing someone should feel like an idiot for doing it. Singing actually made Parker feel better about himself, because he was complimented, and his voice was called beautiful time and time again. And he was pretty sure it was the same for Kevin. It wouldn't be the same if he didn't audition with them.. It wouldn't feel.. right.

Even if Kevin only sung when he was drunk, he was good at it. And Parker wasn't going to lie about that. He sighed as his train of thoughts came to a pause, when the car stopped. He looked around and the parking lot was kind of empty. There was almost nobody here. Which was, very surprising. Parker opened up the door and he got out, following Kevin to the trunk.

"Kevin.. I know this might be annoying.. Us telling you over and over again, but I think you should sing. Please? I think you have a really nice voice, and I also think, well know, that the manager in there will think the same as me. If you play your guitar while singing, that's a plus. Y'know?" Parker said. He was just trying to give advice. And he knew, it was okay if Kevin didn't want to sing. He might just not be comfortable with it, and pushing people out of their comfort zone isn't always cool. Parker should know.
Dark Serenity Dark Serenity

tags

Oliver Lockwood

Oliver stared at his hands as he waited in line. He didn't know what he'd expected for the audition, but he was pretty sure it involved more... people. Only a few people had gone before him, and he was one of the last in line. The girl who was right in front of him, who he'd been talking to, was up next, and she gave him a nervous look. "Good luck. I doubt you need it, though." He smiled comfortingly, fiddling with his guitar, making sure it was tuned exactly the way he liked it. It felt like an eternity passed in the next few minutes, until one of the staff at the theater came out and gestured to him.

"You're up." The words felt far more intimidating than he was sure they were meant. He nodded and picked up his guitar, pulling the strap over his head and following the staff member, pausing for a moment when he noticed the girl storming out, tears in her eyes, making him feel ten times more nervous than he'd already been. Nonetheless, he kept walking, feeling like he was made of wood. He didn't have stage fright, he knew that, he'd sang at the bar before when their musician fell through, but the knowledge that the man he was singing in front of was a music producer, it was a big deal, even if he knew he had no shot. He stood in the middle of the stage, squinting slightly in the bright light as he looked at the older man, who had to be the producer. "Ah... I'm Oliver Lockwood, I'll be doing a cover of You Found Me by The Fray." He said, clearing his throat slightly. He had a slight YouTube following, he did covers in his free time, but he hadn't done this song, he didn't know what feedback it had. He got his hands in position on the guitar and closed his eyes for a moment, using that brief second to remember that he wasn't a bad singer, and he was a good guitarist. He knew he wouldn't win, but he wouldn't embarass himself.

"I found God on the corner of First in Amistad. Where the West was all but won. All alone, smoking his last cigarette. I said, 'Where you been?' He said, ask anything." The beginning of the song put him at ease, the familiar calm that always accompanied him when he got lost in the music.

"In the end, everyone ends up alone. Losing her, the only one who's ever known... Who I am, who I'm not, and who I wanna be. No way to know, how long she will be next to me..."

"Lost and insecure! You found me, you found me. Lying on the floor, surrounded, surrounded! Why'd you have to wait? Where were you, where were you? Just a little late! You found me, you found me! Early warning, city breaks. I've been calling, for years and years and years and years and you never left me no messages! You never sent me no letters! You got some kind of nerve, taking all I was...!" He continued, getting a bit more confident as he did so. Maybe it was just the nerves, but he didn't sound bad, he sounded... Good. Confident, skilled. The song passed in a blur of guitar and vocals until he did the closing note, panting slightly as he looked at the producer. He looked like the conservative type. Fuck, maybe he shouldn't have dressed so casually, he was just wearing jeans, a shirt, and his beanie. But thank Christ that he'd at least covered most of his tattoos, maybe that'd help him a bit. This was worse than when he was actually singing, waiting on this man's opinion. He'd never felt so terrified of criticism.

Relax, you idiot. It doesn't matter how you dressed or how much ink you have, all that matters is your voice and your skill. If you were good enough, he'll pick you, end of story. Just breathe.

He followed his own mental advice, taking a deep breath and removing his guitar strap from his shoulders, holding it in his hand instead. It was his lucky guitar, signed by over a dozen musicians, some local and some famous. He'd had it for years, making sure it was in good condition and treating it like he would his child. He'd taken it to numerous auditions, all for little gigs in his town, just to make some spare cash. He'd never lost with it. "Or I can do a different song, if you didn't... Like that one." He cleared his throat, scratching his neck, right over his tattoo, one or two that was showing, along with the various musical notes on his right fingers. He half-prayed that the producer would say yes, he did want him to sing something else. He had a different song that he'd practiced for his YouTube channel, something more upbeat, it would've shown off his skill more, why the hell hadn't he gone with it?

Writingel Writingel elskagalla elskagalla
athereal athereal
cherub. cherub.

Last edited:
"I SHOULD HAVE LEFT A SHARK IN HIS FUCKING CAR!"

Wes as entirely too pissed to even care about if the guy made it home safely. Friend? More like a Naepolean complex with an obsession of disappointing the people who'd been there with him through the constant bullshit. Wes shook his hand out, wincing at the pain that Lance out every time he moved it. He landed a good hit to the bastard's jaw before he left him to explain why he was leaving. Something about being too much of a wuss-bot to take his life into his own hands and change it. He'd been about to move in with his rich dad and live the life. Explained why he was so adamant about gas. Wes hoped he used it wisely. He never wanted to see the walking goldfish brained chimp ever again.

As the trio walked through the the lobby and back where the auditions were supposed to be happening, they were cut off by the people coming out in droves. They looked disappointed. Wes didn't like the fact that they looked as disappointed as they did.

"Come on," he said, jogging forward to the sound of what seemed like someone singing for their life.
-/-

"Sir, I'm not allowed to,--" The small framed woman was stern, as if she was forty-five instead of the perk twenty-one she appeared to be.

"Look," Wes sighed, turning his charisma to 11, "You see that guy right there? The guy who is in that audition room is his long lost brother. And that is his fiancee right there." He pointed to Parke and Bo, who were well within ear shot and most likely looking at him like he was nuts.

"They came, all the way from St. Petersburg to announce their wedding and, you know, the fact that they exist. Do you wanna ruin this family moment?"

The woman looked perplexed, then sighed, giving in.

"At least wait until the audition is done. He might have a shot with Mr. Newman." She strutted past him, raising an eye at the supposedly betrothed Duo.

"Congrats on the nuptials, boys. All love is love, right?" she said, holding her fist up to reveal a rainbow colored Equal tattoo on her inner forearm. Wes waited until she was out of sight before exhaling in relief.

"Let's do this." he said, pumped up by the fact that they'd been abandoned and Boris' dream could be over before even beginning. He turned around and kicked the doors open, knowing that his ankle was gonna remind him that he did so later. All heads were turned toward him, including the poor kid whose dream they were about to steal.

"Well," he began singing, embellishing the word like it was a tasty morsel he was about to ravish, "Hell sees her shadow in the backseat, and her friends are standing right in front of me. World wide from the center burning Turkey, Open up said Everybody loves me." Walking as he sung, he grabbed the guy's shirt and drew him close, his gaze hypnotic as he utilized the fact that he stood there, dumbfounded.

"And you don't have to make a sound, cause they've got what you need," A crazy smile slid on his face as he pushed the guy back playfully, hoping that the guys would catch on to the one song he made them listen to a thousand times and sing it the same way they always did--save Kevin's part.

(The song is" Everybody Loves Me" by One Republic)

for those who said i
park soo-jung
/ search

"Calm down, Wes!" He said as he frowned. Yes, Parker was mad about Kevin leaving as well, the outburst after what he said to him just made him pop off apparently. He looked down and he held Wes' wrist for a minute. "We can do this. Without Kevin." He said determinedly, letting go afterwards.

As Wes walked up, and was soon interrupted by a lady, Parkie raised an eyebrow. He saw the man in there singing, he wasn't going to lie, his voice was very nice, and so were his looks at that. He looked at Wes and after the lady left, Parker raced up to Wes and he giggled softly.

"I wouldn't mind being his fiancee, he looks cute, dont'cha think?" He said as he smiled wide, eyeing Oliver. He followed close behind Wes, telling Bo to hurry so he wouldn't enter late. As Wes kicked open the door, Parker's face flushed a pink, he didn't expect to get embarrassed so quick. But he started to get a little excited when he heard Wes' voice, so he decided to join in.

"Oh, oh, oh, oh, God loves all the people that have warned you, God loves all your sentimental virtue" He began, he saw Oliver stumble as he looked over at Wes, a small playful smile on his face as he went over to him. "Eight balls with the takers that'll make you, lay calls with the lovers that'll hate you," He remember when Wes made them listen to this song over and over again. He looked at Boris, and he nodded his head slightly, basically telling him to come on whenever he had wanted to.

tags

"Eight balls with the takers that'll make you, lay calls with the lovers that'll hate you..." Boris joined in sheepishly, shocked to have seen Wes completely overtake the stranger's current audition. He must've wanted this bad, perhaps, even more than Boris himself wanted it. The blonde shot a glance to his two friends, as to subtly assure they were okay. He felt partially responsible for the prior outburst between everyone and Kevin. Years of friendship with that man, all down the drain because he couldn't seem to be supportive. Boris tried to shake those thoughts away, though, he knew that the negativity would show in his voice. So with all his might, he delved into his singing, and only that, savoring each note that passed by his lips.

As he continued on with his verse, Boris strut across the stage, his steps mimicking along with the beat until he was standing beside the lone singer. "Oh my! Feels just like I don't try, looks so good I might die...all I know is everybody loves me," he belted out, tracing a hand across the other man's shoulders as he sang the last part and sealing his part with a wink. It was all a stage act, Boris was flirty for sure, but he figured his performance would match the lyrics to the song, and besides, he was just having fun with it. That was all he felt he could do anyways, as a meek attempt to ease the tension that had followed them from Kevin's car all the way up onto the stage.

Oliver Lockwood

Oliver was about to get really scared of the silence when the door was kicked open, and he whipped around, frowning slightly. "What the... Bollocks." He muttered to himself, taking a step back when one of the other guys got on the stage, grabbing the front of his shirt. He was more amused than surprised at that point, but he didn't do anything, just grinning slightly as he watched them. Was it a dick move? Absolutely. Completely self-centered and obnoxiously rude? 100%. But damn, he couldn't help but admire the flare. "Okay." He said, chuckling slightly.

He recognized the song, he'd listened to it almost religiously himself. Almost unconsciously, he started strumming his guitar again, instead matching their beat, giving them some backing so it wasn't just vocals, which, to him at least, always sounded a bit flat, a bit empty. Winning had never been his goal, if these guys took his chance, he was okay with that. They were good, they deserved a shot, too. He was there to have a good time, to sing some songs and to play his guitar, he could do that for them, too. But even as he nodded along to the music, his fingers manipulating the guitar strings skillfully, he got a different idea, and another grin split his face. He waited, though, as they'd done for him, even though he doubted they'd cared that he finished his own song, until they were finished. He didn't stop playing, just changing the tune, still nodding along to keep himself in gear. Imitating the other guy's hopefully-play hostility, he took a step toward him, until there was barely a foot between them as he kept playing the guitar. Time to show off a little.

It was important to note that Brendon Urie was not only one of his favorite musicians, but one of the largest reasons he'd decided to pursue his music seriously, instead of just as a mild hobby. Many of his covers were Panic! songs, because he loved them, and he knew the lyrics to all of their songs, it was just easier to only have to learn the guitar.

"I feel the salty waves come in, I feel them crash against my skin. And I smile as I respire because I know they'll never win. There's a haze above my TV, changes everything I see. Maybe if I continue watching, I'll lose the traits that worry me. Can we fast forward till you go down on me?" He grinned slightly as he sang the lyrics, though he did take a step away from the guy before doing so, so he wouldn't get the wrong message. The guy wasn't necessarily bad looking, but definitely not Oliver's personal type. "Stop there, and let me correct it! I wanna live a life from a new perspective! You come along because I love your face, and I admire your expensive tastes. And who cares, divine intervention? I wanna be praised from a new perspective, but leaving now would be a good idea, so catch me up on getting out of here!"

"Can we fast forward till you go down on me?" He grinned, wishing he'd taken a moment to pause on the guitar, because his fingers were seriously starting to ache, and he was half-worried that his pick would break, though he knew it wouldn't. "Taking everything for granted, but we still respect the time. We move along with some new passion, knowing everything is fine. And I would wait and watch the hours fall in a hundred separate lines. But I regain repose and wonder how I ended up inside?" He kept singing, moving through the song almost instinctively. It wasn't his favorite from the band, but it was up there, just because of the energy in it.

New Perspective - Acoustic

"Taking everything for granted, but we still respect the time," Wes smirked, feeling a little calmer with the change of tempo. This guy was good. Like really good. A part of him suddenly felt bad for interrupting his audition. That was definitely a move that Dallas would make.

"We move along with some new passion knowing everything is fine
And I would wait and watch the hours fall in a hundred separate lines
But I regain repose and wonder how I ended up inside,"

The second song was one he knew well. He'd watched Jennifer's Body enough. This audition was turning into something of fun and Wes let his hair down a bit. He literally did a head bang with the strumming of the Stranger's guitar.

"Can we we fast forward til you go down on me?" he added with a wink to the silent producer.

Writingel Writingel

Users who are viewing this thread

Back