• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern When in Rome

"Johnathan, were not going to record anything, I'd much rather us all have good time and not worry about work. I hope I didn't take you away from anything important." He wanted to respond but his thoughts were swirling to much to grab onto any particular one. He couldn't record a video like this even if he wanted to, and he was far to caught up in the moment to think about focusing on work. He wanted to laugh when he realized that, and thought if he could remember it he should mention it to Michael tomorrow. Johnathan the workaholic wanted nothing less than to drop all of this for some project.

He looked over at Michael and watched him jumping and dancing to the music like it was the best night of his life. He wasn't drinking as much compared to what he could handle, but they always seemed to make sure one of them stayed reasonably sober enough to at least call a cab or handle anything that could suddenly pop up. After what he'd drank and how he was feeling there was no chance Johnathan was going to be that person, and Michael knew from the few times he'd seen Johnathan this drunk that there was a cliff. Tipsy walked him towards it, but one drink could be the difference that put him over the edge to drinking anything that came near him and doing who knows what. He'd never be the type to wake up next to a stranger but being here dancing and getting black out was already so far from himself Michael knew to cut him off soon. Still it was nice for both of them to let Johnathan have a night like this, with how rarely he seemed to really relax and have fun outside of with their small friend circle. Just as long as Michael could keep him reigned in well enough.

Olivia said something and took a long drink from a bottle. The thing looked expensive but it couldn't be more than a regular day for someone like Aidan. Aidan was such a good friend. Olivia to, she was probably Johnathan's best friend. Besides Aidan, he was such an awesome friend. And Michael, how could he forget his best friend? They were all his best friends; he knew he'd never have better friends. He felt amazing and he felt like they were the coolest people in the room. He felt hot. He felt like the center of the world and the happiest he'd ever been. Aidan admitted they were friends, Johnathan knew they were all best friends. Aidan passed him the bottle and for a minute all he could do was look at it. He wondered how much it cost, and here they were drinking straight from a bottle they might only finish half of. He tipped his head back and took a drink from it, reflexively almost coughing as his body tried to reject more alcohol but holding it back as he came back up for air. He was ready for another drink when Michael snatched it from his hands. He was embarrassed for a moment the way he always felt when Michael started trying to get him to cut back. He was an adult and he could handle himself, and tonight he wanted to keep drinking and dancing all night.

"Whatever, we're busy dancing to stop and drink!" He turned to Aidan and started dancing with him. Aidan was so much fun. Why couldn't he relax the way Aidan did and just have more fun. Aidan was so much fun. Probably his best friend to, unlike stupid Michael to since Aidan passed him a drink instead of taking it away.

"I love you guys" Johnathan threw out, mostly in Aidan's direction since he hardly had the mental capacity to put it to any direction but in front of him.

"We love you to Johnathan, but you're pretty gone right now so you might want to pull back on the drinking" Oh what did Michael know? How many time had Johnathan nursed a hung over Michael, or pulled a heart broken Michael away from a would be bender? And what could go wrong tonight anyway? It was the best night of his life, and there was nothing he'd ever want to forget even as he could feel the alcohol eating the memories as they formed. He turned directly to Aidan and wanted to appeal to his sense of reason.
"We don't need to stop do we?" He asked, a bit loud even given the music all around them. He could sense Aidan would be an enabler in his own bad decisions, and in that moment it was exactly what he was looking for.

"Why would we ever stop? This is the best night of my life!" He and Aidan moved to start dancing and all he could think was how awesome the night was. Nothing could make him happier, nothing could ever make a better night. He saw Michael move in to dance beside him and closer to Olivia. He threw a glance at Johnathan like he was checking up on him, but nothing could stop Johnathan from enjoying the night, even with Michael starting to restrict his intake.

Perhaps it was the alcohol talking, but hearing Johnathan says that he loves him sent goosebumps down Aiden's spine. It was crazy, to Aiden it was clear that Michael was definitely overbearing on Johnathan, like lowkey controlling him. Cutting him off was not his job; Johnathan was an adult and should be treated like one. But Michael was acting like an annoying babysitter. Johnathan was getting closer and closer to him with each dance move. It was kind of enticing, he was like drawing Aiden to him. The feeling to him was scary, he has kissed boys before and that is what he wanted to do to Johnathan. But he couldn't afford to do it in front of everyone in a crowded club. Let alone would Johnathan be okay with him doing something like that.

Those were just some of the wild thoughts running through his mind as he took another shot of tequila. "How the hell do you keep taking shot af-ter shot?" Olivia asked as she danced with us. Aiden couldn't comprehend the words from the song, he just knew the beat and was vibing with it. He couldn't help but laugh at her, knowing that they all were going to regret it in the morning without a doubt.

Does Johnathan even like guys? He thought as he danced with the both of them. To Aiden, Johnathan didn't show the normal signs of being interested in the same sex, let alone his boss. But why shouldn't Aiden take his shot, what was he truly risking, a possible lawsuit and having to hire yet another cameraman. His drunken self was willing to risk it. He grabbed Johnathan's arm and just sort of tugged on it. "Johnathan, follow me."

Aiden dragged Johnathan away from everyone. They were both were trashed at this point, so who know if they would remember what Aiden was about to do in the morning. "J-Johnathan, this is sort of really awkward and kind of not professional. But I am terrified and I have a lot of liquid courage in me right now," Aiden started before he continued to get closer and closer to Johnathan. His body was leaning towards Johnathan, and there was nothing that he wanted more right now. He noticed how Johnathan wasn't retreating away from him. Aiden pressed his lips against Johnathan's. Little did he know that was going to be last thing he remembered.

The Next Afternoon.

Aiden woke up and his was pounding. It felt like he was ran over by a semitruck twice, he couldn't move. What the hell? He thought as he groaned. He wanted to get out of bed, and he had to try, he knew one way to cope with a hangover and that was a banana bag. It would sober him up and get him back to normal quicker. He reached for his phone, and all of sudden Ryan came barging in. He looked irritated.

"If you want to date boys that is fine, but I'm done covering for you," Ryan huffed as he sat down on the bed. What the hell did I do last night? Aiden thought as he sat up from the bed. Has Ryan caught him kissing guys in the past and just never said anything, and who the hell did he kiss? That is when the memory hit his skull and his thoughts went everywhere. I kissed Johnathan last night. Aiden remembered, but he couldn't remember anything after that. Did it go farther than just a kiss, if it had he'd probably be in bed with him right now. Last night was an absolute mess, he drank way too much. "No one caught you, I made sure of that. But that was the last time I'm doing anything like that. You just need to come out or something. You don't even need to formally announce it, you don't owe that to anyone. Do you like Johnathan?"

That was the one thing he wasn't sure about or if was just the alcohol talking last night. But Aiden knew that a drunken mind speaks the truth. So deep down he knew he some sort of feelings for Johnathan. "I'm not gay."

Ryan just soft of looked at him and just shook his head. "I never said that you were just gay, but it's been clear for a while now that you do like guys. But it really only shows when you've been drinking and got fond of some cute boy."

"How long have you been doing this for me?" Aiden asked not truly wanting the answer, but knew he would need to find out sooner or later. Aiden always knew he liked guys, but never acted on it because he got girls easy, so he always had options. Look at Olivia, Aiden and her have had countless make out sessions while sober just because they were bored and they were both fond of each other. Ryan gave me a hesitant look. "Come on man, I need to know."

"I've sort of been covering for you since I've met you," Ryan said quietly, and Aiden just looked at him in disbelief. "Seriously, there was the one dude at the party you threw while in Brazil. He was cute thought, and it is kind of clear what type of guys you're into." That party was over two years ago, and he was just starting to gain popularity on TikTok. He couldn't believe that Ryan had been covering for him all this time, and how difficult it had been on him to keep his secret. Which was something that Aiden never asked Ryan to do in the first place. Sooner or later he was going to get caught, and Ryan was now done with doing it for him.

"That long," Aiden grumbled. "I can't believe that you've been keeping this secret for me for this long." He was trying to force back tears because he felt like a terrible friend. "To answer your question from earlier, I guess I've liked Johnathan in my subconscious. I don't know what it is about him, he just seems authentic, and not a fake person."

"But he works for you man," Ryan reminded him. "I don't want you to risk a sexual harassment lawsuit."

Ryan was right about this one. I need to talk to Johnathan and see what he remembers from that night. He may not even remember. Was that to callous for him hope? He would have to make sure something like doesn't happen again. At least with an employee.

Michael was throwing a few glances but seemed to have distracted himself a bit dancing with Olivia. He was a good friend, and he wasn't use to seeing Johnathan this drunk, so Johnathan new he was just looking out for him. Still that didn't stop it from feeling over bearing. What was the point anyhow? Johnathan felt so free and happy, and it wasn't like something could happen in such a public place with all of Aiden's security around. After a minute of side glances not revealing Johnathan drinking any more Michael started to relax again and enjoy the scene. He was such a good friend, even as overprotective as he could be sometimes. Johnathan knew it was a role they traded often enough. How many times had he thrown Michael's arm over his shoulder and walked his completely drunken self from a bar, or shown up as his designated driver when he was to drunk to manage on his own? He'd even had to pull up once or twice to pick Michael up after a one night stand and couldn't find his wallet. It was nice to not be the responsible one tonight and he thought the lack of experience with the roles being reversed might have been why Michael was more closely watching his drinking.

The beat moved through him as if controlling every muscle in his body, and he noticed how close he had gotten to Aiden while he was lost in it. He envied how perfectly in place Aiden looked somewhere like this. He was so in the moment. It was usually a struggle for Johnathan to relax like that just about anywhere; it was exactly why he loved how at home he felt in O'Charley's. The two made eye contact for a moment and Aiden grabbed his arm and started to lead him away. Aiden had said something to, or at least Johnathan was fairly sure he had, but between the alcohol and the music he didn't catch what it was. Johnathan let Aiden guide him through the crowd, slipping behind a distracted Michael and to a secluded area of the club. Everything spun for a moment and the room had such a lovely aesthetic it took him a minute to put his eyes back to Aiden. He realized Aiden had been speaking for a moment and tried to pull his mind back to the moment. He had hardly made eye contact again and Aiden had begun to come closer to him, eventually leaning in.

Was Aiden gay? He seemed set on kissing Johnathan, but could that just be the alcohol? It might explain his homophobic moments earlier in the week. Maybe he secretly was into Owen and was projecting or something? Or he was just trying to create a chance to throw people off his trail by creating a scene about how he wasn't interested in being there. How many men had he actually been attracted to anyhow? Johnathan probably hadn't been the first but he doubted it was a long list if it had been kept this quietly. Nothing stayed quiet for long with enough fame, and there were dozens of news sites that would love to publish a tell all about a celebrities secret life, even if being gay wasn't exactly as sensational now as it use to be. He instinctively wanted to lean in to meet Aiden half way, but some shred of sobriety flashed long enough to remind him misreading like that could cost him a lot more than just this job.

Aiden leaned in further until his lips met Johnathan's. The kiss was slow and deep, more messy than it might have been if either of them were half sober but still consuming the moment between them. Aiden pulled back for a moment and Johnathan caught a look of hesitation. How often could he feel that hesitant, that self doubting? He looked vulnerable but it only lasted a moment. Johnathan had found a hand on the collar of Aiden's shirt, and by the moments end they were colliding again. His back felt the pressure of one of Aiden's hands resting as the other found its way to Johnathan's hair. The moment lasted an eternity. He hadn't let the thought play long in his mind, but Aiden was one of the most attractive people he'd met. He wouldn't had gotten so far in something as visual as what he did if he weren't. His fingers in Johnathan's hair, holding him there, it was like the world had to stop to give them a moment Aiden had been thinking of for who could say how long. They pulled apart slightly and their eyes met. Johnathan let his hand drop to his side and just admired the man before him for a moment. Aiden's hands were still holding him when the faintest footstep wormed its way between the alcohol and the music the moment had temporarily deafened. His eyes met Aiden's, and he wanted to ask if it was the alcohol that gave him a little push or if the alcohol was the only reason he wanted to kiss at all. Johnathan wanted to communicate it wasn't just the alcohol for him, and despite his drunkenness providing a moment it was an action he could of done regardless.

"Aiden. I. I'm really drunk. We." He struggled as his head seemed to droop further with every word, and with his best effort his eyes meet Aiden's again. "You kissed me." The thumping of footsteps grew louder as someone entered the room. "I'm really drunk, but how drunk were you?" He felt Aiden's hand move from his hair to his shoulder, his mind ran through all the ways to ask how much the alcohol had motivated Aiden to do what he did. Only for a moment did it dawn on him Aiden might just have been curious what it felt like after going to a gay bar, and might not have actually had much experience behind it. He looked in Aiden's eyes, but in a moment they left his. Aiden was pulled back with a suddenness that left both of them near stumbling.

"There you are, I've been looking for where you ran off to!" Ryan rushed in and threw an arm around Aiden, starting to turn him towards the door with only a quick cursory glance back at Johnathan. "Lets get you back home before you do something you'll regret" Ryan carted Aiden back towards the dance floor with a sarcastic comment half heartedly slipping from his lips. Johnathan stumbled behind them as he tried to formulate a question. Why were they leaving? What did the kiss mean? He felt so far gone he wasn't sure he could speak straight. The three stumbled to the dance floor and Michael intercepted Johnathan, allowing more space to grow between him and Aiden.
"Hey where the hell did you go? I turned around and you two were gone." Johnathan's head dripped a bit despite his best efforts to keep his eyes on where Aiden was taken. He needed to talk to him about what happened. Michael's head went back to them and his eyes lit as he made the connection.
"Whatever happened between you, I hope you didn't make to much of a mess for yourself. I know he's cute but you can't afford to piss off someone with that kind of money." Michael sent an arm around Johnathan's body and started to lead him to the exit.

"I kissed him."
"You what? Kissed him" Johnathan managed a half nod, needing to fight the grip that drug him to the floor.
"He kissed me first though." A look of confusion and relief hit Michael's face, and Johnathan missed he last words that were spoken before he lost the ability to think.

The hard surface pressed into his head. Had he fallen asleep on his couch? With a bit of time and a great amount of effort he pulls his head up and looks around. After his mind adjusted to the moment he recognized the room wasn't his own, but there wasn't to much cause for concern. He was collapsed on Michael's couch. He tried to remember what led him to the couch but the night was such a blur. He remembered the club. He remembered dancing. An endless supply of drinks came to mind as a pretty solid reason why he didn't remember much else. He grabbed his phone to check the time and saw a text from Michael. Good morning sunshine. I made you a spinach feta and green pepper omelet and put it in the fridge for you. It looked disgusting to me but I figured you'll probably have the hang over from hell and you'd want something good. Johnathan rose from the couch and headed to the fridge behind him. He knew Michael would always be there for him and it was a definite comfort after whatever he did the night before. At least whatever hangover he had seemed to be a mild sensitivity to light, a miracle considering the amount of alcohol he remembered and who knows what he didn't. He grabbed a tin foil ball from the fridge and slid it to a plate, carefully guiding the omelet out.

He moved it up to the microwave and pulled out his phone as it warmed up. Thanks man. Hang over is mild, and I don't have much of a memory of last night. Have all my limbs and pretty sure that's my wallet on the counter so we're all good. After hearing the microwave beep he set his phone on the counter and reached to pull the plate down. Second drawer from the left, he had been to Michael's enough to know where to find a fork while moving on auto pilot. He pivoted and took a seat at the island, barely having time to sit down when he heard the door opening.

"Good morning sleeping beauty, thought you'd sleep in a little longer" Michael teased as he closed the door behind him.
"It's almost noon, I wasn't that crazy last night was I?" The fact he had slept in that late was already a surprise to himself, but if he had been drinking and dancing until late it wasn't a complete shock, especially with what a light weight he was. Michael lost his constant smile, before bringing it back much weaker.
"Yeah, actually I wanted to talk to you about that." Johnathan felt his heart drop. What happened? Michael could laugh off if it was some flirtation that didn't go anywhere, so what could he have done that made the situation so serious when it was so light a moment ago?

"What happened last night?" His voice came out weakly as thousands of possibilities occupied his mind. Michael let a moment of silence linger between them.
"I can't say all of it for sure, and it wasn't anything huge you should panic about. You got really drunk and wandered off a bit and when I found you that Ryan guy was taking Aiden away. You told me he kissed you and you kissed him again after. They left the moment I found you though so I think that was all that happened." Johnathan was hit by his own emotions in waves as he processed what had happened. He remembered flashed; Aiden taking his arm, Aiden's hand in his hair, Aiden and Ryan leaving. Had he really kissed his boss? Even if Aiden initiated it that hardly saved things. He could be fired to avoid anything happening, maybe he'd need to sign a non disclosure or something about the night and get a severance package? He'd lose all right to mention his work impressed someone that big and the job he had lined up over a night.

"Did he say anything? Like what to do now?" Maybe it could be saved, if he agreed not to say anything about a drunken mishap he could still have a job. He didn't need the money but it could still be a fantastic opportunity and he really didn't want to lose it.

"No, they got out of there and that was that. I don't know if he was just really drunk or if he's gay or what but you kissed and he left and I don't know what he wants to do now. I'm sorry man, I should have kept a closer eye on you. You were there and then you weren't." He could see the guilt written across Michael as he spoke about the night. Johnathan wanted to comfort his friend but his mind was already launching into what they could do.

"He didn't say anything, maybe if I let them take the lead on how to handle it they could move forward however they want? I know the 'pretend it didn't happen' thing doesn't sound terribly mature, but if I don't bring it up they could direct the conversation. Honestly I don't know how I could bring it up and ask if I have a job without it being interpreted as a threat or something, and I want them to see they can control this situation to its not just some one sided thing."
"If they are upset at you they could look for a reason to fire you. Have you sign something you won't say anything about him and have you out the door. Are you sure you don't want to address what happened and go from there?" He wasn't sure what the best course of action was, but he had rarely been known to take the lead and felt it would be better to put the ball in Aiden's court. Maybe it could even the power balance and there would be less chance of retaliation or something? Less chance they'd feel the need to fire him.

"I'm sure. I won't mention it unless they directly bring it up, I'll let them take the lead entirely." He pulled out his phone and brought up the contact for Aiden, clicking on it to open up a new message.
The plane leaves at 6 right?
He thought it was innocent enough to open a conversation, and be easily brushed off or used as a chance to talk further if they wanted to. Now he only had to be concerned with what conversations might start.

Aiden heard his phone ding after Ryan had left his apartment. They were flying out tonight, with the way last night went he wasn't sure what he was going to say to Johnathan without being so awkward. The plane leaves at 6 right? Aiden read from the message from Johnathan. He was correct, six was the departure time, and Aiden still hadn't spoken to Hunter since Thursday. He knew the tickets were secured and everyone had their passport, but that wasn't including Olivia he told her she could come just last night, so he had to make a phone call.

"Hey, my man Aiden! I heard you partied it up quite a bit last night," Hunter said answering his phone call. Had Ryan already been to the office and told him about it. Or was shit on social media already this morning? Aiden could barely control what others post on the platforms, the only thing he was hoping was that the kiss wasn't documented.

Aiden let out a slight sigh which conquered what Hunter was saying was true. "I'm definitely feeling it today, and we have a 15-hour flight, would it be too late to schedule a private flight?" Suddenly there was some hectic typing coming from the speaker on his phone. "The main reason I ask is that Olivia will now be coming with us."

"Give me a couple of seconds, I'm messaging the higher-ups because they will only pay for half the cost of a private jet or they may let you use the company one for a small price," Hunter explained. After that, there was some frantic typing. "You're not going to believe this. Seeing that you are their largest content creator, they are allowing you to use the jet for the entirety of this trip. You have the give the plane an hour's notice before take off. I'll text you the number."

Aiden was sort of in disbelief. He would never have thought something like that would happen. But there had to be a catch. He would mind flying private the entire trip, fuck everyone would. "What's the catch?"

"There seriously isn't one, the company this trip is going to be a success. And give the company a good ROI," Hunter mumbled into the phone. This was something they shouldn't be mentioned to me, but Hunter didn't care, and his phone wasn't recorded. This was his personal number. That's when I heard Hunter's office door open. "Hey Jaxon, what's up?"

"How did Aiden like the news of the jet?" Jaxon asked.

"I'm on the phone with him right now, he is overjoyed and shocked," Hunter laughed. "He wanted to know if there was a catch."

"Tell Aiden, there is no catch. His trip is going to bring all of us tremendous success. And after seeing that video that Johnathan boy made it's going to be amazing," Jaxon said as he left Hunter's office.

"Well now you see, there is no catch," Hunter confirmed, which was making Aiden over the moon. Flying private was so expensive. But that got Aiden to begin thinking. He only had to give the plane an hour's notice, he could tell the plane to be ready in one hour. "I know what you're thinking, if you want to leave in one hour you can. You just need to make a phone call."

"Sweet, alright Hunter I'll text you before we take off. Gotta message the team, and pick up one last thing before we leave," Aiden smiled into the phone. He hung up with Hunter and started to text Olivia, he knew he needed to respond to Johnathan next as he was another coming on the trip if he still wanted to go, Aiden should say. Hey Liv, take-off is going to be in an hour and a half. You packing still right?

Not even two seconds later she was already responding. Bruh, I'm not even halfway done. Are you picking us up? Olivia responded. Aiden couldn't help but laugh at her. She was halfway done, so there really shouldn't be too much left. He almost belted out Livin' On A Prayer by Bon Jovi over the voice messages but he refrained himself from doing something so foolish. I'll be ready by then.

Aiden responded with a thumbs-up emoji to answer her question before opening Johnathan's message chain. Change of plans. He sent, and that's when he realized that he should have written everything into one message if he remembered what happened the night before, which Aiden was praying that he didn't. He really needed Johnathan to stay on board, especially since the studio is hoping to bring in a ton of revenue from the vacation. We are going to be flying out in an hour and a half. Send me your address. Someone will be there to pick you up.

He dialed the phone number he got from Hunter and a lady picked it up. "Hello, are you calling to set up a departure?"

"Yes, this is Aiden Cameron with the Unity Group. need to have the jet ready for departure in two hours for Warsaw, Poland," he tried to come off as official and the lady was typing quickly into the computer.

"Anyone else flying with you?" she asked. "Need it for the manifest."

"Olivia Kingston, and Johnathan Roberts," Aiden said as he looked to see if he had gotten a response from Johnathan yet, which he hadn't.

"Alright everything is documented, and you have been granted permission to fly," she said. "Anything else today?"

"That was it. Thank you so much," he said before hanging up the phone. He reached for his luggage and his carry-on. It felt odd to leave all of sudden and still with a slight hangover. He knew since he was flying private this would be the best opportunity for him to do one of the things he's been wanting to do when he first started creating content. And he was not set on doing that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back