• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern When in Hell (DapperCharmer2.0 & Fearlesstiger)

Fearlesstiger

Dream Walker
Adam was having a really bad day, it all starting with school. He had failed tests in several classes despite having studied for all of them, then when classes had finally ended he found his bike had been stolen from in front of the school so he had to call his mother to pick him up. The whole way home his mother scolded him about the tests and his bike which put him in even worse of a mood. He was now flipping furiously through an old tome he had found in the attic, making sure he had everything he needed. He carefully placed the ingredients in the ritual circle he had drawn in red chalk. Lighting several black candles placed around the circle he began to chant.
After several minutes of repeating fraises Adam had to stop when the red circle ignited with flames and his skin began to itch and burn. He began to scratch his arm only for chunks of skin to flake away revealing a new rough, scaly red skin. "What the hell!?!" He exclaimed just loud enough for his mother to hear him downstairs. The flames of the circle soon expanded into a portal that took up most of his floor, swallowing up Adam and everything that was part of the ritual except the tome. Within seconds Adam was full transformed and laying unconscious on a stone floor.

Valentine was curled up on the hot pile of embers he called a bed when he heard the indistinguishable sound of a ritual portal opening in his living room. He got up and curiously got up to investigate. This wasn't the first time portals had opened up in his home, but usually he was given a heads up by whoever was opening it.

He poked his head into the living room just in time to see the portal closing, only to leave a large red demon laying on his floor. Valentine walked forward to investigate only to be hit with the feint smell of human. He quickly put two and two together and chuckled to himself, "damn humans trying to summon us," he laughed softly, "when will they learn?" He lightly kicked the former human, hoping to wake him up.

Adam stirred a little at being kicked but didn't immediately get up. Every muscle in his body already hurt like he'd been exercising for hours, but the kick definitely didn't help much. Adam groaned as he tried to get up but could find his new center of gravity, a bit surprised as his new tail lashed around. He hadn't even noticed Valentine yet but could tell something was up. "Where am I, this isn't my room." He commented without expecting a response. When he did finally turn to face Valentine he jumped back.

"Real perceptive you are," Valentine said sarcastically as he watched the the demon jump back in surprise, which was even more evidence that he had once been human. "This is my room, I'm Valentine by the way, and this is hell." He took a moment and looked over the stranger, "so what kind of summoning ritual were you going for anyway. I mean I assume you were trying to summon a demon."

Adam groaned at the obvious insult, he still wasn't conscious enough to come up with a retort. "Like Saint Valentine, or is that too ironic even for hell." He commented as he looked for someplace to sit. "I was actually just looking for something to get rid of my bad luck, I guess demons only deal in curses though." He responded as he plopped on Valentine's couch. "Hell isn't really as hot as I expected it to be though."

Valentine sighed as sat next to the human, "Okay first of all I'm 19,000 years old so if anything he was names after me. Second of all, you really shouldn't be using a mystic time or whatever you used if you can't tell the difference between a luck incantation and a portal summoning spell," he said as he put his feet up on the flaming foot stool that rose from the ground in front of him. "Thirdly, it is hot your scales are just great at keeping you cool. And finally mind if I get your name? You're gonna be here awhile so I might as well know."

Adam smiled at the explanation, that did make a lot of sense. "Well I think it might of been because the tome was so old I might of misread it." He replied to the second part of the comment. He actually hadn't been expecting to be asked for his name. "Oh, kind of like a dragon. I didn't think about that. Well my name is actually Adam, Adam Reeds. Guess my bad day just got worst if I'm stuck here."

Valentine couldn't help but find the name Adam a little ironic for a guy trapped in hell, given that the first sinner was named Adam. "Trust me you'll get used to it," he said with a shrug, "hell is only...well like hell for people who get sent here when they die. For us demons its not that bad."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back