What's Your Opinion On Cheating?

As long as it's single player or you're playing with friends, who cares?

I also think it's important to consider WHY you're playing the game.  Are you playing to create a story or are you playign for the adventure?

For example, I have multiple Sims 4 saves.  Some of them are for the STORY, so I have cheats on and use them liberally, because it's about the story I'm playing, not the gameplay.  Then i have other saves where I'm doing challenges, or just going through the gamelay with a dusting of story.  For those, I don't use cheats because it doesn't make sense for what I want to do.

If you buy a game, it's yours. You own it, you can break it. You make the rules. You have that right. 

On multiplayer games, you're buying the ability to use someone else's server. He who makes the server makes the rules. If you break his rules, you forfeit your right to play on the server.

On multiplayer games, you're buying the ability to use someone else's server. He who makes the server makes the rules. If you break his rules, you forfeit your right to play on the server.

I never actually thought about it in that way before.

If you buy a game, it's yours. You own it, you can break it. You make the rules. You have that right. 

It's an interesting point of view

My opinion is simple

Single player: Don't give a shit if you cheat

Muiltplayer: Burn in hell if you cheat

I think this is the general summary of how I'd view cheating.

Myself though for single player I'd try to do a non-cheat play through first, then use ALL the cheats.

Other than that refer to above statement.

If you are cheating in single player then I don't care. Some people are not concerned about doing it 100% legitimately . Cheating takes away your bragging rights, but gamers are all looking for a different experience. Certain gamers love the accomplished feeling that comes with beating a hard boss fight on their own, but some just love to see the story unfold and they don't exactly need that feeling of accomplishment. Gamer's that cheat on MultiPlayer are just horrible people all together. Unless you are goofing off with friends over a not so friendly battle of Smash Brothers. Cheating with friends is something I advise the gamer to do at their own risk, but cheating with strangers is plain wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back