Chitchat What's Your Best Failed Roleplay?

Gilzar

Bear With Me Here ?
Administrator
Failed Roleplays, we've all had them. Wether or not they were ideas that we spent weeks on at a time or a few hours, each and every single one of us is destined to make a roleplay that just doesn't work out. Wether it be by inactivity, conflict, or just a poor casting of characters, we all have to experience a failed roleplay. How else could we learn and become better? Afterall, you can't learn from success.

So, here is my question: What is your best failed roleplay?

Me? I've had three that I can think of on this website alone, and at least 10 on different websites. Anyone care to share their highest crashed hope?

Last edited by a moderator:
I recently had a role play about a plane crash on an island, and there was a girl who flung herself at a guy straight off the bat- despite the fact that they're stuck on a deserted island with no supplies. they had sex within the first 3 pages.

I had this roleplay about an uninhabited island too. It was 1x1 and we each played 2 characters.

Romance started to bloom between one of my characters and one of hers... and the remaining two were just left in the dust foraging while our island couple was all lovely dovey, quite hilarious when you read it.

The first RP I ever hosted....A SAO roleplay...It was so unorganized it pretty much disappeared after a week.

I still have nightmares about it

15%2B-%2B1

A few years ago on another site, I attempted to start a romance RP with someone who sounded very fitting to the person I wanted to write with.

It was an office romance. She ended up making her character a 450 pound man who literally had an obsession with cheetos and only showed up to work on days they had food.

It lasted about two days before she took it from being an RP to writing as my character and hers, having him eat in every single sentence.

I genuinely wish I was kidding, but you cannot make this up.

My RP was a fantasy, Magic cop-type detective RP. It was called the Dark Arts Defense Corps

We were in the middle of a time travelling trip to Germany to stop a rampaging spirit with a Death Scythe. The spirit in question was gay and was killed in Nazi Germany for being gay. He and his male friend, who were in love were beaten to a bloddy pulp, and the lover died. The next day, the spirit committed suicide and was forced to walk the earth as a damned soul.

The spirit got a Death Scythe and started reaping pure souls in an effort to see him again. The only way to stop this rampaging spirit was to kill the guy he was in love with before they met. Reap his soul and send him to Heaven.

A great RP, but suffered from a withdrawal of the most vital players. The rampaging spirit, and the one who gave him the death scythe.

I remember all this because, not only was it an amazing RP, but it failed fairly recently. In fact, I had to declare it dead just today

One time I caused another person's RP to go haywire. I was on an RP app called Geeking and was enjoying myself in a forum named ¨Truth or Dare¨. I know it sounds silly to play a game like that on an RP site since you can literally do anything, but it was because of this exploit we were able to bring the game to a whole new level of absurdity. Now do not judge me too harshly for what I say next might disturb you a bit, but I had to. This friend of mine that I dared to do a strange act dared me before to go out on one of the fandom RP's and break up a relationship between Haruhi and some neko I cannot remember. It was weird, for me and them. Anyway, I'll cut to the chase and say what I dared him to do: ¨Go impregnate another player in an active roleplay. Through their ear. As a pikachu.¨ I honestly didn't think he would go through with it, but when he came back, with a few pictures as proof, I could not stop myself from laughing. I later checked their RP and things were interesting to say the least. Again, if I could take back what I asked him to do, I would, but hey, at least we all got an interesting story to tell now. Right?

Mine would have to be a Noir Pokemon setting, which was set in Black City in some weird parallel 1940's era thing. It had gangs. prostitutes, and pretty much everything Noir related and Pokemon related. It was going to be a detective story, where detectives try to figure out a few mob related murders.

There was also going to be a gang war and other events that would have effected how the story progressed, depending on the actions of the players.

Needless to say, it never got past the whole 'introducing the characters' stage and into the juicier parts of the plot. I guess the plot progression was just too slow for people, and real life swept some away.

I may revive the idea at some point...

SpamBot said:
Mine would have to be a Noir Pokemon setting, which was set in Black City in some weird parallel 1940's era thing. It had gangs. prostitutes, and pretty much everything Noir related and Pokemon related. It was going to be a detective story, where detectives try to figure out a few mob related murders.
There was also going to be a gang war and other events that would have effected how the story progressed, depending on the actions of the players.

Needless to say, it never got past the whole 'introducing the characters' stage and into the juicier parts of the plot. I guess the plot progression was just too slow for people, and real life swept some away.

I may revive the idea at some point...
I typically don't go along with Fandoms. Hell, I plain don't like them. However, this is probably the greatest idea I've ever heard for a fandom. If you revive it, I definitely want to be a part of it.

LV-667. The original run, not my recent failed attempt at rebooting it.

Converted the new World of Darkness ruleset to be used in a sci-fi horror setting, using the Aliens franchise universe. There was a ton of great roleplaying between the colonial marines, even before planetfall. Sadly a couple players vanished in a pivotal point (they had encountered a couple xenomorphs for the very first time).

Personally for me it was SEVERAL Failed Multi-verse Roleplays that the Game Masters couldn't keep up with.

It always makes me very sad because i put a ton of effort into them too. (:'()

(These were at the another forum back when they HAD a RP section)

Somehow my own Multi-verse RP has been going on for three years straight and is STILL alive and well though

I really was getting into a RP of the modern realistic genre, which I do not do often. However this particular RP was being GMed by a well known RPer of that site. It had to do with Manga Authors and publishers, with an office setting and the primary place of interaction. It did not last more than a month I believe 40 posts or so. It came crashing down due to several players falling off the grid and the GM going away as well.

I still enjoyed it and would join it again.

It was a Romeo and Juliet story. However; Romeo was a wearwolf and Juliet was a vampire. It was a plot I was quite fond of until mid story my partner immediately began jumping to the punch. It quickly forced me to lose all interest.

Me? A fantasy/sci-fi crossover about a futuristic pilot getting lost in a fantasy world and meeting a local titled Warbird Alpha. It was a pretty good RP, and it was around two-thirds done, and I was even talking about sequels when my partner dropped out due to life issues. Shame, really. It was one of my first serious and story-based RPs.

My greatest failed roleplay was about a secret society that orchestrated government conspiracies and conducted digital warfare through a highly connected network of hackers. It was fun because I played a Joker-type character that the other players had to look to for leadership. However, a couple of the players went on a very sexual tangent for five pages and killed the storyline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back