Other What's the one thing your parents do that annoys you the most?

Sugary_Paragraphs

Dope with a Sugar Problem
<p>

Come on, don't be shy! I still love my folks, but GOD they can be annoying sometimes! I hate how whenever you're in an argument, they give you that look when you say 'Yeah' or 'Uh-Huh' and say "No. It's yes Mom/Dad" Whenever they do that, I just get so mad and face-palm so hard, the right side of my face is red.

</p>

Last edited by a moderator:
My mom likes to take forever when she's explaining things. She has to start the conversation with what she's talking about, pause on that to give background and context, describe other things that aren't relevant, then finish what she was originally discussing. It's sad because I've realized I do that mildly at times Dx

Another thing I dislike is when she stops talking and I start to walk away, she starts talking again. So I have to stand there longer and listen before I can walk away.

Yay for living on my own now though. I don't have to deal with that as frequently xD

[QUOTE="CRiTiCAL ERR0R]My mom likes to take forever when she's explaining things. She has to start the conversation with what she's talking about, pause on that to give background and context, describe other things that aren't relevant, then finish what she was originally discussing. It's sad because I've realized I do that mildly at times Dx
Another thing I dislike is when she stops talking and I start to walk away, she starts talking again. So I have to stand there longer and listen before I can walk away.

Yay for living on my own now though. I don't have to deal with that as frequently xD

[/QUOTE]
My dad does the same thing, but instead of explaining things, he just gives long lectures whenever I do something wrong. Seriously, I would put in dishes in the dishwasher wrong and he'd give me an hour-long story on what he used to do as a kid and why I need to pay attention more and blah blah blah.

Is it sad that I constantly use the excuse that this generation is much more complex and stressful than my parents (or even my grandparents) generation? So the whole "when I was your age" thing is invalid. O___o

When my mom would start complaining about something and just look over at me. Or start complaining about it out loud. I mean ??? Goddamn,  why are you looking in my direction - I had nothing to do with this. lmao 

Also when I'm asked about things such as "is there any more of ___" or "have you seen _____??" and I reply with "I don't know." since I genuinely don't know. You can't ask someone that question if they have no idea what it is that you're talking about. I reply, I don't know, but then I go check to make sure, and if there isn't anything there, then I say that there isn't anything there, or if there is, then I say there is. And that would be your official answer. My mom gets exasperated when I do this, and says, often, "I hate asking you questions because I already know the answer." First: if you already know the answer, why are you asking me? Second: if it's about the above explanation, then honestly, how can you get angry about it? 

whew boy. I better stop myself from going onto a rant. Because it will be long. 

A few years ago, I moved out from home and I rarely visit my parents place. But whenever I do, my mom treats me like a baby who is probably starving all year because as a man in his mid-twenties I obviously don't know how to eat when my mom isn't around. And I'm getting great advice like "wear a jacket in winter", "don't forget to sleep" and "turn the heater on if you're cold" every single time.

Matchmaking.

I love my parents, and I live far enough away I only see them four or five times a year but it's like they see their world through the filter of "would he/their son be right for our girl?"

Then when I'm visiting they just casually try to slip it into the conversation like I don't see where they're going. Thanks guys, but I'm actually with someone - remember?

Mine have started adapting to internet culture and now they're using really old not as spicy memes.

My mom likes to make lectures go on literally forever. Like days after the original lecture she'll continue it saying the same things. And it's always when I have no escape (such as in the car.) Also she compares me to my older sister a lot (her favorite being my sis has only had one boyfriend so how have I had two?!?) And the worst part is she's completely wrong about my sister.

My dad refuses to believe he's ever wrong and likes to say he knows what you've done. For example, if I say that the dirty dishes in the dunk couldn't be mine because I haven't ate, he'll insist saw me eating when I seriously haven't. And then me simply saying that he's wrong is talking back with an attitude and I get in trouble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back