Video Games What's the most obscure game you play?

Reyn

Undying God of Eurobeat
We all know of games like pokemon and final fantasy, but what about those games that aren't as big?  Have you played any games that none of your friends have heard of?  Hell, have you played any games that none of RPN has heard of?  Post them here.

For me, probably the most obscure game I play (on PC at least) is a rhythm game called K-Shoot Mania.  It's based off SDVX so it's not that obscure if you play rhythm games, but it's got a far smaller userbase than stuff like Osu! or StepMania.

EXX1.PNGEXX3.PNG

(I'm using the SDVX BOOTH skin here)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm...well I play this fun game called Viridi. I don't know and have never met anyone who has even heard of it. It's a meditative game about plants and gardening.

Rn I'm playin' Time and Eternity. Pretty damn weird game... I'm still really early into it but nobody has ever heard of this damn abomination

2038476-657979_20130506_007.jpg

Nobody has also seemed to know of Lone Survivor yet on here. And only two friends of mine irl knows of this game, one of them only because I showed them. It's personally one of my all-time favorite games (And my avatar on a lot of things).

friendsforever.png

And then I also play The Last Remnant, which nobody seems to know of either.

lastremnant10b.jpg

(I got these off google images, LOL.)

I must play this game.

YES, IT IS DAMN WONDERFUL. It's a survival and psychological horror game. Beautiful soundtrack, very atmospheric. Dark undertones. Multiple endings. God, there's a lot of good things I could say about it tbh.

It's on steam for about 17 dollars I think. I got it for 11 during a sale.

I play Touhou, which is pretty obscure here in the west. It's a long-running series of multiple game genres, so there's something for everyone. The fans never stop making new stuff to try out either, especially now that games are getting localized here for PS4!

We all know of games like pokemon and final fantasy, but what about those games that aren't as big?  Have you played any games that none of your friends have heard of?  Hell, have you played any games that none of RPN has heard of?  Post them here.

For me, probably the most obscure game I play (on PC at least) is a rhythm game called K-Shoot Mania.  It's based off SDVX so it's not that obscure if you play rhythm games, but it's got a far smaller userbase than stuff like Osu! or StepMania.

View attachment 243357View attachment 243358

(I'm using the SDVX BOOTH skin here)

Do you play osu!mania? I feel like no one does rofl.  Anyways the most obscure game I feel like I play a lot is Museca as there's a booth at an arcade in my area.

I play Touhou, which is pretty obscure here in the west. It's a long-running series of multiple game genres, so there's something for everyone. The fans never stop making new stuff to try out either, especially now that games are getting localized here for PS4!

Oh man I've been wanting to play touhou for so long... the soundtrack is everywhere and there are so many remixes...

I think there was some touhou remix event in the Bemani series, or maybe it was just SDVX.  Either way, there are some really good remixes haha 

Do you play osu!mania? I feel like no one does rofl.  Anyways the most obscure game I feel like I play a lot is Museca as there's a booth at an arcade in my area.

I used to play osu!mania but I moved to KSM due to the severe wrist pain that came with 5* 4k songs hahaha...

damn I wish I had literally any rhythm game booths near me... I just have to rely on ports like KSM and LR2 hah

Oh man I've been wanting to play touhou for so long... the soundtrack is everywhere and there are so many remixes...

I think there was some touhou remix event in the Bemani series, or maybe it was just SDVX.  Either way, there are some really good remixes haha 

If you ever were interested enough, it'd be easy to get you set up with one of the fighting games for me to actually have someone to play these games with, lol.

I used to play osu!mania but I moved to KSM due to the severe wrist pain that came with 5* 4k songs hahaha...

damn I wish I had literally any rhythm game booths near me... I just have to rely on ports like KSM and LR2 hah

Ah yeah. I know that feel lol. The one thing that gets me about 5* 4k songs is the eye strain. I can't read and play that fast yet without burning my eyes rofl. I still love the game to death anyway but I just stick to playing  3-4* songs nowadays or practice playing 7k.

I play a lot of obscure titles, I feel XD The two most prominently unknown would likely be Recettear and Hacknet.

562308-recettear-an-item-shop-s-tale-windows-screenshot-at-a-certain.jpg

In Recettear, you play as Recette, a lone little girl who opens an item shop in order to pay a debt in place of her father, who perished after leaving on an adventure. You have a month to pay off the debt, where payments are made weekly and in increasing amounts. If you miss a payment, Tear, your companion who works for the collection agency and was sent to ensure Recette was able to find a good way to pay off the debt, will be forced to take her house as collateral to pay off the rest. So, as an item shop, you sell things to civilians and adventurers - The kind of things that a normal RPG item shop would have in stock. You can also go on adventures with the adventurers, which is a really good way to get a bunch of free stuff to sell.

Screenshot-Hacknet-1.jpg

In Hacknet, you play as... Well, yourself. After having obtained a specialized OS in a mysterious fashion, automated messages from its creator (And presumably the guy who sent it to you) tell you about how the system works, as well as A) Inform you that he's very likely dead by now, and B) Direct you to a small hacking group who can help you get you on your feet. Using various tools you find along the way, Hacknet is about using programs coupled with Hacknet's unique PortHack function to break into systems, complete good-willed jobs from the group you're working for, and find out what happened to Bit, the guy who introduced you to the system. One really neat feature is that the names of certain systems and the IP addresses of everything are procedurally generated, so you'll never find the same IP addresses between any two games. Not to mention the creator of the game also takes realism seriously, as every IP address generated falls within the parameters for an actual, real IP, while the ports you hack into are actual port numbers, actually used by the services the game tells you (HTTP Web Servers will always run on port 80, for example)

Hmm...well I play this fun game called Viridi. I don't know and have never met anyone who has even heard of it. It's a meditative game about plants and gardening.

I saw this game on Steam before. Never got around to trying it out, but now I just might. 

I prefer two people, but three is acceptable.

Hate the matchmaking though, nobody ever knows what they're doing and don't listen to a thing you say.

Floor 1:

"wait, do we have enough resources to build a generator"

"No"

"someone, pass me industry"

"how do I do that"

*sighs*

"see the circle at the top?"

"yeah?"

*third player opens door*

"Why?!"

*third player kills all in the room, the opens another door*

"what do I send?"

"The red one, give me all of it"

*third player opens extraction door*

"we've lost out on so much now! Wait a minute"

*third player runs back down and picks up the artifact*

"..."

View attachment 243497

*Player 1 has left the game*

Never done it with matchmaking, sound about what I expected however. 

It happened.

;-;

I regretted it. You can try it though, decent if you want to just run through things with people that don't know what's happening xD

I believe it would be an exercise in frustration tolerance. By the time my day winds down to the point of playing games, my tolerance for marauding stupidity is fairly low. As often as I wish my pool of patience to be saintly, it most certainly has its limits.

I'm not sure if anyone has heard of this game or not but I do play this game called Pandora's Tower. I mean it's not amazing but I really like it.

Pandoras_Tower_box_artwork.png

I'd have to say that the most obsucre game that I've played was Overwatch or Skyrim.  Now that I've gotten my sorry excuse for a joke out of the way, the actual most obscure game I've played probably has to go to A Story About My Uncle.  If not that then I'd say Sanctum 2, but I feel as though that's less abscure.

header.jpg

sanctum-2-1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back