• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩’𝙨 𝙞𝙣 𝙨𝙞𝙡𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙡𝙖𝙠𝙚?

lvcid

Elder Member

scroll.

what’s in silver lake?

o
the
verview

Bayview Summer Camp was advertised in its grand opening brochures as a picturesque retreat for 1985’s Floridian preteens, the perfect place for busy parents to send their children for a month of peace and quiet to help the days until school starts up again fly by faster. It offers a wide variety of activities: horseback riding, canoeing on the lake—dubbed Silver Lake for the way the fog rolls off of it in the wee morning hours, volleyball, and arts & crafts, to name a few. The cabins, just built, are in pristine condition, unlike the dirty, barely-legal state of what their competitors consider lodging. It couldn’t be more perfect.

While the camp drew in new campers like flies to honey, it made for an enticing career opportunity for the college students and recent high school graduates stuck at home for the summer. Wrangling children for a couple weeks seemed like an easy enough task for a little extra cash in their pockets.

Right?

When the lakeside property was bought and construction began, the scientists from Terra Lab Enterprises were forced out, though no one was aware they’d been there to begin with, running illegal tests in the lake. Maybe that’s where it got it’s weird color from.

Or maybe that’s from the strange eggs they left behind in there that are ready to hatch at any moment.

Surely, that won’t be a problem.

…Welcome to Bayview! Have a great summer.

-

Hello! Thanks so much for reading, but here’s a little more to know before expressing your interest:

1. This will be an advanced literacy group—minimum of two paragraphs per post, though more would be appreciated—so only apply if you know you can meet that standard. While I want to keep the ball rolling, I know real life always comes first, so I’ll be flexible with posting schedules.

2. Though there are “unlimited” spots, not everyone will be accepted, and there’s a two character per person limit, so things don’t get out of hand. All characters must be accepted before they can be written for.

3. This roleplay focuses on darker themes, so please keep in mind that you must be 18+ to apply.

4. Discord is a must! We’ll do all of our planning and OOC chatting there. I’ll send out a link to those who are accepted.

5. Please be kind and respectful to each other. No OOC drama will be tolerated. I want this to be a safe space for everyone even if Bayview is not.

the woods

It’s basic horror movie logic that one simply doesn’t go into the dark forest at night, especially not alone. Not that you’d ever have to tell anyone at Bayview that twice; strange noises seem to echo around the camp, but that’s probably only the wind. During the day, the woods are home to many a game of Capture the Flag and filled with trails perfect for horseback riding or hiking, all varying in skill level. Take a friend, though…just in case.

the cabins

The cabins are a new addition to the property, currently untouched by grimy children and in the best condition they’ll ever see. Other than that, they’re not anything special—all eight of them sit scattered around the lake’s southern shore, made of the same pine material as the trees that overshadow them. They’re sturdy, though maybe not strong enough to survive any attacks…only time will tell!

silver lake

The lake that gives the camp its titular “bay view” is slightly…off, but if one looked at it from the right angle during the day, it almost appears inviting. Sun glitters off its surface once the thick blanket of fog is rolled back, but it’s what lies beneath that’s more worth mentioning—slimy, phosphorescent eggs sit nestled in the wet sand, and the scientists never did figure out what was inside. It’d be a shame to fall out of your canoe in there and be the first to find out!

the dining hall

Other than boasting the title of the biggest cabin in Bayview, there’s not much that goes on in the dining hall other than what one would expect: eating. Although, if someone needed a somewhat secure place to hide, this would probably be the best bet: there’s plenty of tables and chairs to stack in front of the doors…which would be really inconvenient if something were to break in through a window instead…

the nurse’s cabin

No summer camp is complete without someone on-staff to patch up kids because as much as the brochure advertised a “safe and fun environment,” accidents are bound to happen. This place is stocked to the brim with all the first aid equipment one could possibly need—for run-of-the-mill wounds, anyway. Anything that requires attention beyond a quick disinfect-and-bandaid treatment will probably be good cause for an ambulance. Luckily, there’s a phone inside—on the wall behind the nurse’s desk—for such emergencies, should one come up for whatever reason. Better hope the line doesn’t get cut because it’s the only one on site and cell phones don’t exist yet!

the stables

Home to Bayview’s resident trailblazers, the stables are located farthest from the lake, where the ponies can be turned out into a small pasture for grazing without running the risk of taking an unintentional swim. Not many people (among other things) think to venture that way without good cause, given the walk it takes to get there. It’d be a smart hiding place should anyone think to do so; it even comes equipped with its own weapons, if shovels are your forte.

coded by xayah.ღ

Last edited:
oooo you’ve got my interest !!

oooo this looks very interesting and has the exact theme + atmosphere i've been wanting in an rp !! very interested, and if i have the time, then i may throw together a character sheet c:

I completely redid both of my sheets, fyi for anyone who’s looked at them yet. There is new and different information than originally.

loving the characters so far !! because my braincells weren’t braincelling (??) I’ve refurbished an old character. if they return before the deadline I’ll maybe make a second character??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back