Music What's everyones favorite music genre?

Lazy_Gamer

☁-V i b e-☁
I am inlove with Mother Mother, Melanie Martinez and Lady Gaga =w=
They are just amazing artists in my opinion
I will now list my favorite song from each artist:
Mother Mother: Hayloft and Body
Melanie Martinez: Training Wheels
Lady Gaga: Poker Face
Anyways yuh besties *lip bites*

P o g
My favored music genres are Heavy Metal, Nu Metal, Black Metal, Death Metal, NDH (Neue Deutsche Härte), and Thrash.... and other "metals", but those are some broad sub groups. I also listen to old school punk and Hardcore Punk (which really isn't that hardcore, but that's what it's called), Irish Punk, and post-punk (which has less to do with punk than you think). Hard Rock, Classic Rock, Southern Rock, Death Rock, Rockabilly, Psychobilly. Industrial, Aggrotech, EBM (not to be confused with EDM). Grunge and 90s "alternative" bands. Blues, a little bit of older decades Country (mostly stuff out of the 70s, 80s, and 90s), and Country Western. I also listen to Retro-Wave which is like a modern throwback synth rehash on the 80s sound. Classical and neo classical. and... I'm sure I can go on for a bit... but I'm getting tired of trying to remember all these genres. lol

Hallowed Be Thy Name - YouTube

Last edited:
Don't have a favorite genre actually
My music taste is varied and spread out, yet specific at the same time
I'm very picky, but it doesn't really matter to me

Not exactly the words I would use, mostly because the word stringent isn't supposed to be used in that way nor context, but essentially yes.

Not exactly the words I would use, mostly because the word stringent isn't supposed to be used in that way nor context, but essentially yes.
stringent. Meaning strict or confining, or having specific conditions.

You won't listen to just anything within the genre. Seems appropriate to me.

Does "Videogame Music" count as a genre? I don't think it does.

Mostly I just listen to the soundtrack of my favorite videogames, and that's just about it. I've never had much interest in more conventional music.

I count video game music as a genre. I like game music. I also enjoy movie soundtracks.

Pop, country, classical and alternative music is what I tend to love the most. Right now I’ve really been into Disney Parks background music if that counts as its own genre, I guess? Lol.

Since I don't have a fav genre;
Most of the songs that I know/have listened to are 80's rock
Also just rock
Because yes
I'm not so much for new rock
Let alone 'alternative rock'
To me I feel they shouldn't even classify it as rock at all but people suck so that's just how it works I guess

these days i'm listening to a lot of indie rock/pop, folk rock, dream pop, and alt pop but honestly when it comes to music i'm just a magpie. if i like the sound it goes on the playlist. i also like to keep a playlist of top 40 jams from my ~youth~ (aka the '00s and earlier '10s) on hand for boppin'.

f8cc3ba7c6680405ef89f887abcb33b1.gif

METALLLLLLLLLL
HARD ROCK
CLASSIC ROCK
ALL OF IT

Old school metal. Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest and so on. Then I also enjoy oldies. Talkin' bout Ella Fitzgerald, Dean Martin, etc.

Symphonic Metal holds a special place in my heart. Though Electro Swing is surprisingly making it's way up there as a top favorite too!

these days i find myself listening to classic rock and 80s hits, however i’m also a fan of soft jazz and artists such as Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald and Tony Bennett.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back