Video Games What's a genre you can't get into and why?

Imaginiaria

What genres do you just not enjoy? You can't get into them, they are too dense, you just get hung up on every time you try to play one, or what ever reason you don't like a certain genre of game?

For me, it's fighting games. When I little I loved fighting games, especially Street Fighter and Soul Caliber. I played them to death against my brother (even if he wins every single time). But as I kept growing and playing more and more I realized just how bad I was at them. The long combos to pull off moves isn't something I enjoy memorizing so I never got into them.
I never got any better so I eventually stopped playing them altogether. Now whenever I try to get back into the genre, I just end up staring at the menu screen for an eternity, then shut off the game.

So what game genres can you not get into?

I enjoy fighting games, but I gotta agree with you. My muscle memory is crap, so I just button mash and hope for the best.

Otherwise I can't really get into FPS because I get terrible motion sickness. Which sucks, because Splatoon 2 looks sooo fun.

Driving/racing games. I just suck at them tbh, even though I used to play them all the time with my brother. I much prefer designing the vehicle than driving it xD

Fighting games like Super Smash Bros and Street Fighter. All these gazilliions of combos, just...no. Keep them.

And MOBAs. I've played League for quite the long time, but I have stopped since.

Fighting games like Super Smash Bros and Street Fighter. All these gazilliions of combos, just...no. Keep them.

And MOBAs. I've played League for quite the long time, but I have stopped since.
Smash Bros is my only exception for fighting games (Though I never really consider it as one).

MOBAs, I have to agree on too. Keep getting too many trolls and people hating me for being new.

Sports. I just don't like them and will probably 100 percent never like them. I need some story and action.

MOBA's I play them until i get to higher levels than suddenly it becomes a different game that I can't enjoy that much. Also driving games never liked them much but i don't like driving in rl and if it would left to me i would never get a license or drive a car. Another one is turn based strategy I don't have problem with real time but i dont like turn based strategy. On the contrary i prefer a turn based system for rpgs instead of action based.

I can't get into shooters. Some of them have decent stories but I get so lost in trying to shoot 100 different enemies as once that at some point the story fades off into a mind numbing point and shoot until I get past that. At that point I lose the story and the game is pretty much worthless to me. =\

Also not the biggest fan of MOBAs but they can be fun to do with friends. Solo, they are boring af.

Mobas give me fucking (can I say fucking?) sensory overload, I've got like, fifty abilities and I have to pay attention to gold and items and and and...

Every genre ever created. I'm shit at them all and will never improve, only genre that I can qualify myself as 'good' is Singleplayer survival games, even then, I suck.

MOBAs
unless OverWatch is a MOBA (Even then I'm mid-gold....ugh)
I tried SMITE and I just couldn't get into it

First person shooters and games where I have to drive, I suck at both but I'm good at running over pedestrians kinda

Fantasy/RPG games. Just ain't into them. For some reason, my brain just rejects these types of games all the time.

Fighting games, wish I was good at them but they require learning off tons of combos and stuff xP

Also horror games, because I'm a puss

As well as detective games/point-click adventure games

I love fantasy stories, but I could never get into RPGs like the Witcher or Skyrim. For some reason the worlds just feel a little too big in scope and I have a little too much freedom. I prefer tighter stories that just stick to the interesting parts as opposed to spread-out experiences where I have to hunt for them.

Somewhat sad to see how many people are interested in fighting games but think they're too hard. Just take the plunge, it's totally worth it. The Guilty Gear community is far and away one of the best gaming communities I've ever been a part of.

Horror. I just can't take all the jump scares and whatnot. Gives me nightmares, which I think is the main purpose of horror.

I have a hard time getting into Visual Novels, maybe this is why i haven't gotten far enough into Persona 5 yet...

The racing game genre and platforming ones are things I just can't get into. Maybe because I feel like they're just repetitive and you only need to know a few things like proper controls or knowing the map to be able to win. It's not like RPGs where you generally have to learn as things go by, or at least in my opinion, that is. Or Mystery/Puzzle games where you really have to think outside the box in order to solve it. I guess I really only prefer games that require thinking or logical reasoning, the suspense and pressure of thinking fast isn't really just for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back