Music What type of Music do you like?

Silvana

Probably somewhere creating music
Okay so I was wondering what type of music people listen to. For me, I like to listen to EDM (electronic dance music), rock, country, and melody. Rap is not my favorite type of Music genre though. Back to the point, what type of music do you guys and gals listen to and what type of song do you recommend from the genre? Try not to hate on what type of music other people like.

I have a "Rock Out" custom station on Slacker that seems to get the writing flowing lately: Disturbed, Theory of a Deadman, Three Days Grace, Saint Asonia, Breaking Benjamin, Seether, Shinedown, Halestorm... *shrugs* I enjoy it.

But then I catch myself listening to 90's, 00's pop... nostalgia to the max... classic rock is always solid.

Rock and classical music.

Rock bands I really like and their albums in random, autistic fashion
  • Rush
  1. Grace Under Pressure
  2. Exit Stage Left
  3. Signals
  4. Moving Pictures
  5. 2112
  6. The Necromancer
  • Blue Oyster Cult
  1. EP (First album is titled Blue Oyster Cult)
  2. Tyranny and Mutation
  3. Secret Treaties
  4. Fire of Unknown Origin
  5. Imaginos
  • Queensryche
  1. Empire
  2. Operation: Mindcrime
  • Pink Floyd
  1. The Wall
  2. Dark Side of the Moon
  • Rainbow
  1. Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow
  2. Rising (I have a black T-Shirt of this album cover, it is quite 'lit')
  3. Down To Earth
  4. Difficult to Cure
  5. Long Live Rock and Roll
  6. Straight Between the Eyes
  • Dio
  1. Holy Diver
  2. The Very Beast of Dio
  • Black Sabbath
  1. Heaven and Hell
  2. Paranoid
  3. Mob Rules
  • Elton John
  • Pat Benatar
  • Some other stuff I can't think of atm
Classical Composers I like in random, autistic fashion
  • Vivaldi
  • Chopin
  • Brahms
  • Gershwin
  • Mozart
  • Wagner
  • Haydn
  • Schubert
  • Debussy
  • Holst

Last edited:
Joey Bada$$, Kendrick, J. Cole, KYLE, Chance, Ed Sheeran, Dean Martin, Skeeter Davis, The Weeknd, and a shit ton of others.

Genre-wise, it's mostly hip-hop, pop, rap, with a bit of older country and jazz thrown in at random.

At the moment, I've been listening to lots of:

Two Steps From Hell
Omnia
Faun
Trobar de Morte
Wardruna

With a bit of Skillet, Lindsey Stirling, and Pucifer thrown into the mix.

At the moment, I've been listening to lots of:

Two Steps From Hell
Omnia
Faun
Trobar de Morte
Wardruna

With a bit of Skillet, Lindsey Stirling, and Pucifer thrown into the mix.

those literally all sound like random words you put together to create wicked band names.

Post modernist retro synthwave nudeathmetal indie shredcore nightpunk volumetric experimental wireframe ambient mongolian throat yodelling.

Post modernist retro synthwave nudeathmetal indie shredcore nightpunk volumetric experimental wireframe ambient mongolian throat yodelling.
Did...
Did you say...
Post modernist retro synthwave nudeathmetal indie shredcore nightpunk volumetric experimental wireframe ambient mongolian throat yodelling?
:O
*raises hand for high five*

Did...
Did you say...
Post modernist retro synthwave nudeathmetal indie shredcore nightpunk volumetric experimental wireframe ambient mongolian throat yodelling?
:O
*raises hand for high five*
*high five accepted*

Fuck yeah I said "Post-modernist retro synthwave nudeathmetal indie shredcore nightpunk volumetric experimental wireframe ambient mongolian throat yodelling"! What did you think I said, "Post-retro synthetic nuindie metal shredpunk volume controlled mental warframe ambience metro thrussi spank"? Fuck that shit, it's so 60's.

The agonizing screams of my vic-... oh, wait... wrong topic.

Eh, punk, Korean, rock, instrumental (especially violin), alternative, and some metal and screamo like:

• Lindsey Stirling
  • Two Steps From Hell
  • My Chemical Romance
  • As I Lay Dying
  • Set It Off
  • BTS
  • Got7
  • EXO
  • Vamp
  • Skillet
  • Lindsey Strum
  • Crywolf
  • Defeater

It really depends on my mood... But mostly classic rock, some old country, and some pop... Oh, and musical sountracks - I'm currently addicted to Hamilton.

mostly rock, post-hardcore, metalcore (and yes, it's called post-hardcore and metalcore, not "screamo") as well as some mid-2000's pop-punk. i prefer music with darker themes, and dislike anything too dancey or upbeat.

Ed Sheeran
Nicki Minaj (fight me)
Bruno Mars
The Moana soundtrack
The Beatles
Bleachers
The Lumineers
Sleeping at Last

As far as genres go...idk

Something dramatic, epic and sometimes even calm. I get a lot of inspiration from songs that meet those requirements and I apply that inspiration on a story that I'm creating.

Depends on my mood.
When I'm in a good mood, I might listen to JP Rock or some kind of EDM.
Bad moods tend to mean I listen to Hard Rock or Dubstep.
When I want to focus on a task, I'll listen to some kind of electronic or classical music. Definitely something without lyrics or I get distracted.

The Gorrilaz
21 pilots
Starset
Adam Lambert
Kiss
Popcaan
In this Moment
Owl city
These are my favorite artists as of this moment in time,but I'm pretty fickle because music ladies and gentlemen.....am i right?

Listening to a lot of "Gothic Country" and post-rock music such as Immediate Music, Two Steps from Hell, Blackmill and Explosions in the Sky recently.

I like a huge variety of music so chances are if you give me the name of the group or the name of the track I've heard it a few times before. Honestly it depends on the "flavor of the week" when it comes to listening to music.

My top groups are:
YES
Creed
E.S. Posthumus
Sabaton
Blackmill
Disturbed
Nine Inch Nails
Two Steps from Hell
Hootie and the Blowfish
Three Dog Night
The Who