Absence What to do whilst awaiting somebody's return...

ThatAJ

Magic Eight Ball
Brainstorming an awesome idea with someone and they disappeared. Waiting for them to come back on...what things should I occupy my time with?

Why don't you just do something you like to do? watch a series, play a video game, read a book, or whatever you are into, or hey you can have more than one Roleplayer partner! Start looking ;p

Did they give you notice or just vanish? If the latter move on. If it happened once it will happen again.

Did they give you notice or just vanish? If the latter move on. If it happened once it will happen again.
Ah damn it.
We had (or I guess still have?) a real good thing going. Some 1940s fantasy thing. They still haven't replied.

EDIT:
Yes, they did vanish.

Last edited:
Sorry. I guess I misunderstood the question! I'm sorry they vanished. Have they done this before? Has it been long?

Maybe life came up? But yeah I'd move on and find someone to roleplay if they just vanished for along time.

Considering you joined on Saturday, the max amount of time they haven't replied for is three days. That's really not very long! A lot of people get busy on weekdays, especially as many of the members here are in their 20's or older with post-secondary and/or careers to focus on.

If they don't reply for two+ weeks OR they're posting elsewhere and simply not replying to you, imo you can consider them to have ghosted you, but not after three days. Give it another week or so and you may very well hear back from them c: Being impatient about having people reply to you ASAP can drive people away, so I'd try and focus on other things and not obsess over it too much.

What I do is have email notifications turned on and carry about my usual routine. When I get an email notifying me of a response I go back online to reply when I'm able, but that way I'm not constantly refreshing/obsessing because I know I'll be notified when a response rolls in.

If you have enough free time to be stressing about people's response time, I'd wager you have enough time to add a second or third roleplay to the mix! Try and get a few roleplays started with different people. That way you should have something to reply to every day or a couple times a week at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back