Video Games What MMORPG are you playing?

Cabbagefrog

LoFi Frog
hey! I was just curious who and what MMORPG people are playing OR looking into playing. I am currently playing Guild Wars 2, still a newb but I'm really enjoying the game so far (and my terrible laptop plays it great). My favorite though would still be Final Fantasy 14, I LOVE the world and story but can't quite afford the monthly sub at the moment. Looking to get back into FF14 though once it releases for xbox though so I'll have friends to play with for I am not good at making friends in-game with people. Hopefully sooner though.

So what what does everyone here play if you play an MMORPG?

FFXIV is the only mmo I play when I crave an MMO these days and at this point I’m waiting for the new expansion next summer.

FFXIV is the only mmo I play when I crave an MMO these days and at this point I’m waiting for the new expansion next summer.
I love FFXIV and WISH I could get at least one of my friends to play it, but they would rather play a F2P MMO, but then spends hundreds of dollars on microtransactions instead of paying a sub -__-

I haven't played any recently, but I was considering going back to something nostalgic like Grand Fantasia or Aura Kingdom sometime soon.

I have only ever found an interest and love for FFXIV. I love the story and world-building. I login frequently to work on capping, and just practicing my rotations. I met the hubs on there 3 years ago now!

I hope you enjoy them! I'd love to join you, but I am being held hostage at work all day.
I understand that. I got some time to waste because of Holiday times.
I have only ever found an interest and love for FFXIV. I love the story and world-building. I login frequently to work on capping, and just practicing my rotations. I met the hubs on there 3 years ago now!
I LOVE FFXIV. I've been playing MMORPGs for a long time, ever since I gave FF11 and WoW a try awhile back, and FFXIV has been my favorite, even before 2.0 I still very much enjoyed it!

The latest true MMORPG I've played was Toram, and even though I haven't gone back to MMORPGs in a while I always end up craving another one at some point. I'm too broke for paid games though so it's hard to find something fun that doesn't rely on microtransactions.

The latest true MMORPG I've played was Toram, and even though I haven't gone back to MMORPGs in a while I always end up craving another one at some point. I'm too broke for paid games though so it's hard to find something fun that doesn't rely on microtransactions.
I understand that, a F2P game without just.... an overwhelming amount of microtransactions is pretty tough to find. GW2 I have found isn't that bad, though I havn't really looked much into the microtransactions, because the base game is now free, but you still buy the expansions with no sub ( You can also buy the expansions with in game Gold, though... I'm sure that requires you to know someone with some tricks, or endless mind-numbing farming).

I just dropped WoW because I realized it's too sportsy for me and I picked up Palia! I might try FF14 later too.

Another one on the FFXIV boat, I play on the Jenova server, been playing 10 years now, plus a month or two. I honestly don't want to pick up another mmo, though a couple I might be interested in trying, its just mmos are majorly time consuming.

Another one on the FFXIV boat, I play on the Jenova server, been playing 10 years now, plus a month or two. I honestly don't want to pick up another mmo, though a couple I might be interested in trying, its just mmos are majorly time consuming.
I used to play FFXIV on Balmung but left because of the RP crowd. I am hoping I can get some RP going on this site.

I used to play FFXIV on Balmung but left because of the RP crowd. I am hoping I can get some RP going on this site.
I used to play on that server, back when the RP community wasn't ERP, all of the public events were not just bars and clubs, and when everything wasn't as closed off. There *are* some actual rper's there but since world visit, the memers and a few unsavory sorts have more or less killed the old public events that had things like festivals, walk up rp that wasn't ERP limited, there was no ERP wall and the quicksand/Ul'dah shout chat wasn't a Chaos Cult to Slaanesh. I left a couple years ago and short of showing up to grindstone time to time I just leave it alone. So now, if you want to rp there, you need to knock on a few doors so to speak and find a good fc... Just how it is.

If you want rp's here though, look in group interest check or partner search, or put your own idea up in there.

It was all ERP, and I wasn't into that and there was a FC that I was invited to that had ERP under false pretenses. After that I was like I am done. I have already PM'ed people for RP, as my Discord is temporarily out of service.

I haven't either. Lit-only RP feels more natural to me, but to RP in a game feels somehow strange. I've done it a few times in spurts just to humor a friend while joining them on their gambling excursions. Maybe its the negative connotations, the experience I've had during observations (it almost destroyed a FC I was in and had resulted in many friendships busting), or the "memery" behind it all thanks to the bad sorts in Balmung. But I'm certain that there are plenty of good, solid RPs in MMO games like there are around here in RPN. You just have to find the right people and the right match.

I may try Neverwinter and Palia after seeing the name drops here. I believe I delved into Neverwinter before and it seemed incredibly interesting.

I haven't either. Lit-only RP feels more natural to me, but to RP in a game feels somehow strange. I've done it a few times in spurts just to humor a friend while joining them on their gambling excursions. Maybe its the negative connotations, the experience I've had during observations (it almost destroyed a FC I was in and had resulted in many friendships busting), or the "memery" behind it all thanks to the bad sorts in Balmung. But I'm certain that there are plenty of good, solid RPs in MMO games like there are around here in RPN. You just have to find the right people and the right match.

I may try Neverwinter and Palia after seeing the name drops here. I believe I delved into Neverwinter before and it seemed incredibly interesting.
Neverwinter is pretty fun, pretty bad with microtransactions buy fun. I would play if if I had a friend to play it with, but I also think there better F2P MMORPGs out there. Palia is fun, but it's pretty much a Farming SIM/Slice if Life MMORPG.

Neverwinter is pretty fun, pretty bad with microtransactions buy fun. I would play if if I had a friend to play it with, but I also think there better F2P MMORPGs out there. Palia is fun, but it's pretty much a Farming SIM/Slice if Life MMORPG.
Ah, reminds me of Black Desert when it comes to microtransactions. Though I'm certain such things aren't required for success in BD. I just remember seeing them pop up more and more as the game was developed. Kinda wanna reinstall that game again... played that during early stages years ago. I tried Palia on early release. It was cute, but Coral Island has since had me in a chokehold. I typically find MMOs fun with friends as the stories are often not that interesting (FFXIV is my exception).

Ah, reminds me of Black Desert when it comes to microtransactions. Though I'm certain such things aren't required for success in BD. I just remember seeing them pop up more and more as the game was developed. Kinda wanna reinstall that game again... played that during early stages years ago. I tried Palia on early release. It was cute, but Coral Island has since had me in a chokehold. I typically find MMOs fun with friends as the stories are often not that interesting (FFXIV is my exception).
I liked Black Desert but it was just too messy for me, and not just the UI and Menus, but game in general. FFXIV's story is SO amazing! Some parts of course are a slog, but for the most part I loved it.
We should just do our own FFXIV RP here, heh heh.
Oh? I might have to actually check it out. What's it called?

I liked Black Desert but it was just too messy for me, and not just the UI and Menus, but game in general. FFXIV's story is SO amazing! Some parts of course are a slog, but for the most part I loved it.

Oh? I might have to actually check it out. What's it called?
Understandable. I was blazing through it with a friend a few years ago and it was indeed messy and uncoordinated. The story was very lackluster. Everything is right again after ARR in FFXIV when it comes to story. Shadow Bringers is what had me fallin' in love with FFXIV in more ways than one.

Ah, there isn't one from what I've seen though I've considered creating an interest check.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back