What Lies Around Us

As Cylis leaned over her, Sky arched a brow, meeting his gaze evenly. At his comment, she held back a bark of laughter, a wicked grin crossing her lips. "Whatever, hot rod," Sky said, stifling a yawn, "You just flatter yourself too much." She closed her eyes after, giving a mental eye roll at his warning not to try to leave. Where the hell did he think they would go anyways? The whole damn government was on their asses, there was no way in hell Sky was leaving this place anytime soon. She was perfectly fine taking a nap on his crappy couch and drinking his alcohol. Better then where she was at before, at least.

Mark looked over to Michael as he spoke, sighing as he thought of how he would explain this to him. "Someone who knew your mother," he said finally, deciding not to tell him the full truth quite yet, "She wouldn't want to leave you unprotected, so I took up the task. Been protecting you since you were born." He gave Michael a small smile. "Unfortunately, I couldn't take custody of you without the CIA getting involved, so I avoided it as long as I could. But I didn't realize Rick was crazy enough to have you killed...." He scowled at the thought, shaking his head. "I should of gotten involved sooner." 
As Cylis leaned over her, Sky arched a brow, meeting his gaze evenly. At his comment, she held back a bark of laughter, a wicked grin crossing her lips. "Whatever, hot rod," Sky said, stifling a yawn, "You just flatter yourself too much." She closed her eyes after, giving a mental eye roll at his warning not to try to leave. Where the hell did he think they would go anyways? The whole damn government was on their asses, there was no way in hell Sky was leaving this place anytime soon. She was perfectly fine taking a nap on his crappy couch and drinking his alcohol. Better then where she was at before, at least.

Mark looked over to Michael as he spoke, sighing as he thought of how he would explain this to him. "Someone who knew your mother," he said finally, deciding not to tell him the full truth quite yet, "She wouldn't want to leave you unprotected, so I took up the task. Been protecting you since you were born." He gave Michael a small smile. "Unfortunately, I couldn't take custody of you without the CIA getting involved, so I avoided it as long as I could. But I didn't realize Rick was crazy enough to have you killed...." He scowled at the thought, shaking his head. "I should of gotten involved sooner."

Friend of his mothers, that didn't seem right. He knew he was much to old, but decided not to question it. He thanked him quietly, giving him a small smile. It wasn't a real smile, it was forced. It's hard to be happy in such a situation. He got non of the answers he wanted, and in the end, he still knew nothing. The night went by slowly, Sky seemed overly comfortable on the couch and Mark too had fallen asleep somewhere. Or so Micheal assumed as he hadn't seen him stir in a while. The constant silence drove him crazy, causing him to become uneasy. His eyes flickered up at the hazy moon, lighting up against the soft light. He decided he needed some air, some time to think. So silently he pressed open the door, slipping gently out of the small opening he had created.

He didn't want to wake the others, they might just want to follow him, and he was tired of being protected. He didn't want to let them get hurt, so it was better to go out alone. He wondered around quietly, shivering against the icy wind. He didn't have a specific destination, but somehow he found himself standing by the rubble of his old home. Embers still smoldered slightly. The entire property had been tagged as caution, warning people not the enter. He sighed, letting his eyes glaze upon the place that he once lived. Not caring for the signs, Micheal stepped over the tape, wandering around quietly threw the rubble. It was gone everything.. This was his only place to hide, to have a moment of peace. Even if it had a thousand rooms, and was empty most of the time, it was what he loved.

The smell of soft cigarette smoke laced his noise, causing his nose to cringe in dislike. "Is it wise to be wondering around on your own kid? After all, there was a price on your head.. " The familiar voice rang in his ears, causing him to suddenly whip around. "You? " Micheal muttered, wide eye'd at Cylis, who stood only a foot away, his hands holding a thin cigarette as the cherry embered in his grasp. "What surprised? " He laughed a bit, moving his sight to the debree. "Shame, it was a pretty house.. " He added, kicking a piece of wood a few feet away. Micheal didn't respond, he merely looked at Cylis in shock, his eyes flickering with slight fear and uncertainty. "Relax kid, I would have kill you by now if I wanted.. " He raised a sarcastic brow, glancing back at the empty street. He yawned, slowly walking past Micheal and heading back towards the road.

"I want to hire you.. " Micheal's voice shook slightly, his mind uncertain if those words came out right. "Hire?" Cylis again raised his brow, glancing back at Micheal as he stopped. "I want you to be a body guard.. "

"Body guard, well now that's boring... What? You want to hire the man who burned down your house, and almost killed you.. twice" He held up to fingers as he spoke, arching his body more towards Micheal. "And you want to hire me to protect you? Ha.. -"

"Not me.. " Micheal interrupted, clenching his fist in frustration of Cylis's obvious responses. "I want you to protect them. That man, Mark.. and Sky.. Not me.. "

"Interesting, and why would you want to do that.. "

"They protected me, it is the least I could do.. I don't want to see them hurt... So I'll pay you.. "

"You cant afford me.. " Cylis had a dry cold voice, suddenly spinning on his heals and walking into the street.

"Wait, I-" But it was too late, Cylis had left, leaving Micheal to linger with his uncompleted statement. He did have the money, he could pay him, all he had to do was tell him how much. Micheal held his head in frustration, glancing up at the moon once more. Weren't they talking about Sky owing Cylis money? Something about turning in?

The door opened with a soft thud as Cylis walked in, slamming the door behind him. He didn't care if he woke them, and just to prove that, he suddenly dropped down on to Sky'd legs, making himself comfortable on the edge of the couch. "Damn fat-ass, move over. Leave some room for the skinny people.. " The way he said it was perfect, a even sense of seriousness in his voice. The sun slowly began to rise, it would be dawn soon, and he would be paid and gone. Finally, this job was such a pain.

Sky opened her eyes as Cylis plopped down on her legs, arching a delicate brow. Without saying a word, she looked up to the ceiling, a mischievous grin crossing her face. Then, suddenly, Cylis was pushed forward violently by a "nonexistent" force, knocking him off the couch. "Jeesh, hot rod," Sky said with a yawn, taking her time to sit up and stretch, wincing slightly at the pain in her ribs, "Can never sit still can you?" She blinked and looked around the room, noticing Michael was missing. Automatically, she turned towards Cylis, grabbing him by the collar and flinging him against the wall, her arm at his throat. "Where the hell is he?" she snapped, all of her laid back teasing gone. Her expression was dead serious, anger glinting in her forest green eyes.

It wasn't entirely fair of her to put the blame on him, but considering the fact he kept trying to kill him in the past twenty four hours, he seemed like the most likely culprit. Sky had no reason to believe otherwise, or even trust him. "Sky, what happened to your eye?" Sky gave Mark a confused look as he spoke, her grip slightly loosening on Cylis's throat. "What are you talk- oh..." She had forgotten about her eye from when the bastard uncle had socked her in the face. And, guessing from Mark's stunned look, it was probably pretty bad. "Fight with the crazy bastard," Sky explained, fully losing her grip on Cylis and letting her hand drop to her side. She wasn't through with him, but she would be having a conversation with him later.

The sudden thrust forward was swift, however Cylis seemed to land gracefully on his feet, laughing a bit as he his body was almost caught by an invisible forced. However, when suddenly pinned, Cylis remained silent, letting his eyes narrow down upon her as she put pressure against his neck. "Release me.. " His voice was quiet and stern, his lively, crystal hues darkening in dislike. Slowly her grip loosened, letting him take a step forward. He looked up at her eyes, huffing in an almost 'karma bitch' kinda way. The door slowly creeked open, revealing Micheal, who had turned red from the cold.

Micheals eyes widened as he looked at Sky, a flicker of worry filling him. Her eye was horrible, turned black, blue and yellow. Red filled the whites of her eyes, making it almost look dead. "What did you do?" Micheal rushed over, and raised his hand to graze her cheek. Slowly his hand seemed to illumiate as the wound, very slowly seemed to disappaite. Cylis watched carefully, narrowing his eyes at Micheal as his skin seemed to pale more and more as hers healed. With a sudden thrust, Micheal was suddenly pushed backward, stumbling and falling down onto the rigidy couch. He seemed breathless look up at Cylis, a confused look on his face.

"You idiot, you have no idea what your doing. You collapse then I am going to get blamed. Just sit there you little shit.. " Cylis touched her lid, and within a second her eyes glistened new. Though he did not show it, he was surprised it worked so quickly. Again he found his power surging with energy. "There.. " He added, spinning on his heels and walking away. "Let's go, you owe me money.. I not interested in keeping you around any longer then needed.. " He barked at her, taking a hand on the door. "Wait!" Micheal added, jumping up, but stopping a moment as his head spun. "What money... What you guys gonna do? Sky you owe him money? How much?" He seemed to ramble off, turning towards Sky.

((No time to spell check sorry.. Work))

Relief filled her as Michael walked through the door, his face red from the cold. She opened her mouth to speak, but before a word could pass her lips, he spoke, his eyes wide and staring right at her bruised face. Jeesh, did she have to cover the damn thing with an eye patch to keep people from staring or what? They acted like they haven't seen a black eye before. What's worse, is that Michael had to just try and heal her. Of course he went pale as a ghost and ready to collapse, and Sky was about ready to shrug him off when Cylis came over and pushed him back, yelling at him for being such an idiot. Ok, so Sky may of been thinking the same thing but Jesus Christ he went a tad bit over board.

When Cylis touched her eye, Sky automatically reached up to swat his hand away. He still got the stupid healing in though and she let out an annoyed huff. "Good lord people you act like you've never seen a black eye before. And there is this amazing thing called self healing, ya know? It's worked fine for me the past twenty six years." Mark rolled his eyes at her smart aleck response, and Sky gave him a quick wicked grin before returning her attention to Cylis. "Alright, hot rod. Let's get going." She was right at his heels when Michael spoke, seemingly babbling nonsense. She spared him a quick glance over her shoulder and a small smile. "Don't worry about us, kid. We got it under control." Her gaze shifted to Mark, "Make sure he stays here, will ya?" He nodded, standing up and stretching, before Sky turned back to Cylis.

Impatiently, Joanne paced in her office, her stormy gaze constantly shifting to the door. She had called for Lucien a while ago and, as always, he was taking his sweet ass time getting here. It infuriated her.

A hollow, yet familiar voice rang in the room as the door creeked, letting the small remembrance of light glow in the room. "Before you decide to yell, understand Joanne. I'm a scientist, not a babysitter.. " He came in with his usually cocky self, plopping down ever so rudely onto the sofa. He kicked his dirty feet up onto the small coffee table letting dirt and snow fall from his boots. He threw a case next to him, the lid open for viewing. "I've got it under control, I already have one of them.. So relax. " He took a small drag ofacigarette before tilting his head towards the ceiling, letting the soft flow of smoke exit from his mouth. Inside the case was a empty foam outline, although the outline was hard to make out, to Joanne what was missing should be obvious.

Cylis rolled his eyes at Micheal's sudden peeked in interest, slowly opening the rusted door. "I said wait!" The door suddenly pushed shut from a small, skinny hand, causing Cylis to narrow his expression to dislike. "Move kid.. " His voice was rough as he looked down to Micheal, who had managed to slip over by him and force the door shut. "Please just hear me out! How mu-"

"It's none of your concern kid.." Cylis interrupted, again pulling on the handle. The door opened slightly, this time being blocked by Micheals foot. "You can't leave.. "

"Oh cant I? You forget who's home your in kid. She owes me money, so were gonna turn her in for her bounty. I get my money and you got your lives.. " Cylis again pulled on the handle, only to have it stop again by Micheals palm.

"What? No, you cant.. " Micheal went on again, his voice almost hysterical, they couldn't turn her in!

Cylis's eyes meet with Skys, a brow raising at her. He gave her a look, a look anyone would know. Something she could have easily predicted to happen.

"Please listen to me, I have the-" His voice was sudden cut off as the breath was suddenly forced from his lungs, his body hunching over a familiar fist.

"Sorry Kid, I am on a time schedule, the sooner I turn her in, the sooner I get rid of you... "

Micheals body had hunched over his fist, leaving his skin hands to grab at Cylis's jacket. It was useless, with a step to the side Micheal collapsed onto the ground, his hands grabbing at his torso, his lungs gasping for breath. "Lets go.. " He held the door open, again raising his brow.

"W- Wai-" Micheal tried to catch his breath, trying hard to push himself up. "Relax kid, well be back.. " He added, walking quietly out of the door.

Though Cylis was rather brutish and straightforward, he felt bad for Micheal, so he felt perhaps adding that, well be back might comfort the kid more. Though he would never admit it. His subtle kindness was usually unseen by others.

Although Sky saw the punch coming from the look Cylis gave her, she couldn't help but wince as his fist connected with Michael's stomach. As they walked out the door, Sky gave him a sympathetic look, pulling her jacket tighter around her shoulders as they stepped out into the snow. The cold blistered her cheeks and she shivered, jogging to keep up with Cylis. "Alright, hot rod, I have no idea what the hell I'm doing, so the turning me in part is all on you," she said as she followed behind him, blowing a stray strand of hair out of her eyes, "I got the escaping part down." She grinned at that, jogging forward again to catch up with him. Good god sometimes she hated being so short.

Worriedly, Mark quickly made his way to Michael's side, gently grabbing his arm and helping him upright. "You alright, kid?" he asked, carefully swinging his arm around his shoulder and taking him to the couch. "God damn that bastard took that to far," Mark muttered, narrowing his eyes. He would be having a little talk with him once he and Sky got back. Punching Michael in the stomach was highly unnecessary and Mark would not have it. He was surprised that Lucy didn't do anything after Cylis pulled that.

Joanne glared as Lucien waltzed in, watching as he made himself much too comfortable on her couch, kicking up his filthy boots on her table. Anger filled her, and Renee responded in kind. The couch was flung backwards, knocking Lucien off and sending him to the ground. Sighing, Joanne casually made her way towards him, kneeling at his side and yanking him upright by his hair. "Are you done kicking your filthy feet everywhere, Lucien?" she asked coolly, her eyes locking with his for a brief moment before she released her grip on his hair, standing and turning to face the screen. "Which one?" she asked after studying it for a moment, entwining her hands behind her back.

Lucien hit the floor with a thud, gliding across its smooth surface. "Ouch, was that necessary.?. " He said, rubbing his head. He neck suddenly jerked up as slim fingers grasped at his hair line, forcing his gaze to avert to hers. "What? I thought it was a little too clean in here Joanne. You need a little bit of dirt every once in a while.. " He let out a chucking laugh before raising his wrist, raising a small watch. Its screen was much like a computer screen, with a small red light illuminated in the corner. "The singer.. Now let go.." His eyes narrowed as he grabbed her wrist with his other hand, pulling her grip from his scalp. "We might as well learn something from afar, because obviously trying to keep them caged isn't working.. " He added, letting free hand swing forward, he plopped the device against her chest. "Have fun.. " He pushed himself up, releasing her hand. If anyone would push this device, and the host to its breaking point, it would be her. And knowing that, he found great satisfaction.

He knew Micheal would go back to that burning home, and when he did, Lucien was waiting.

Micheal grasped his stomach still, slowly catching his breath, he could feel it, the sudden brush of Marks skin against his, and suddenly he wanted to puke. His entire stomach wrenched forward, causing Micheal to clench his eyes shut. A thousand pictures flashed over his eyes, leaving his emotions overridden by the emotion of each memory, each event. He let out a huff, shaking slightly as he was helped down onto the couch. The sudden force to his stomach did well in hiding his reaction to Marks touch. He didn't mean to absorb those memories, and the pain with doing so was trifling. "I- im okay .. sorry.. " Micheal huffed threw his words, glancing up. His expression darkened as he looked up, seeing nothing.. Anna wasn't here. OR perhaps she was? "I.. I'm gonna rinse off.. Thank you.. " Micheal after a long moment pushed himself up.

He had to get into another room, before he truly lost it. He gave Mark a reassuring smile, then walked down the small hallway, his hand firm against his torso as he glanced into the three doors that stood in the hall.

With a soft thud, he closed the door finally finding the bathroom. He turned on the shower for background noise, and barely made it back to the toilet before puking. His entire body hunched forwards as his stomach forced the food from his body, causing him to shiver. He shook, finally stopping to lean against the tub next to him. His hand slowly lifted to his button up shirt, letting his slim fingers pull back the fabric. Under the fabric was a small device, slightly smaller then his fist. The device had four prongs on each side, each prong dug deeply into his flesh. His skin was red from irritation. The device wasn't very bulky, and easy to conceal, to hide from them. He let out a sigh, letting his shirt move to re-cover up this "thing" that clang to his chest. After a moment of sitting, he stood up, slowly stripped and made his way into the shower. The walls were fogged by the intense heat of the shower, letting the heat build up further.

His eyes flickered up in curiosity, looking to the chrome as a line seemed to move, almost like a finger writing in the condensation. Hello, my name is Addison. Micheals eyes widened at the words, his eyes flickering around to see if this was a trick, he was loosing his mind. "Addison? Your a spirit right? .. Then you can see Anna? You can hear her.. " Silence swept over the bathroom as he waited, eyes scanning the wall for a response. No, she never returned from your trip outside.. Micheal's heart sank, has hand grabbing the device in nervousness. She was okay.. wasn't she? Anna..

You must remove that...

It was obvious this spirit meant this troublesome device.. "I can't.. If I do they will come after them.. I thought maybe I could hire Cylis, that he would protect them.. But.. He wont.. I don't know what will happen if I do.." He had actually already tried, but trying to remove it was like shooting himself point blank with a shot gun. The pain was like nothing he had ever felt, or ever wanted to.

It will kill you.. You are a perspective wielder, you are not meant to be wielding those abilities. It will tear your human body apart.

"Perspective? What is that? " Micheal got no response, leaving him to the silence as the sound of running water. "Addison?" Had that spirit left?

Cylis narrowed his eyes, turning gently to look behind him. "Hmmm" His eyes narrowed. Addison had stayed? How strange...

Pushing past the uneasy feeling his eyes flickered back to Sky. "Its as simple as walking in and handing you over. Don't expect my help though, you getting out is your problem. Remember that.. "

He had taken the cuffs from off one of the officers hips, leaving him to easily pass by unnoticed, smiling as his back. Of course, he was a great pick pocket. He clamped the cuffs onto Skys palms, and without even waiting for her to react or respond, he pushed her into the police station. At first police were skeptical, but upon further evaluation they realize it was her.

They of course took her immediately, escorting her roughly into the back rooms. Cylis smiled, simply taking his check and walking out. He would go cash it, kick those damn people from his hideout and move on. Finally his life might be able to go back to normal. Wouldn't it? Cylis went immediately to the bank, cashing it then wire transferring it to a unknown account. He couldn't help but wonder if she had escaped yet.

Sky glared at the cops surrounding her, sassily tossing her hair over her shoulder. They had taken her to a back cell, keeping her in cuffs. Like that would change anything. Smirking, she peered through the bars of the cell, counting the number of guards. Two stood outside. Another three were patrolling the hallway, guns at their waists. Easy. Sky looked over to the guard on her left, her gaze flickering to the set of keys hanging from his belt loop. "Hey," she snapped snarkily at him, giving him a cold sneer, "Pretty boy. I really have to take a piss. Ain't there a bathroom around here or something? Or I swear I'll pee on the floor." He gave her a disgusted look and rolled his eyes, returning his attention back to the wall opposite of them.

"There's a toilet in there for you, you f*cking slob," he snarled, not giving her a second glance. Sky whistled at that, arching a brow and glancing over her shoulder to the quite unsanitary, quite public bathroom in the corner. Sky wrinkled her nose at that, turning back to face the guard. "C'mon, pretty boy," she groaned, wriggling her wrists in the handcuffs behind her back, "I mean, seriously? Would you want to take a piss in that?" She gestures to the toilet in exasperation, tilting her head and arching a brow, "That, my friend, is disgusting." He gave her a cool glare, which she responded with an innocent smile. "Well, I am not a criminal, Serafina. Looks like you will have to suck it up and deal with it." Sky scowled at the sound of her true name, stepping back and letting out a huff.

She wasn't done yet, however. "Whatever, pretty boy. All I wanted was a damn decent bathroom but nooo you have to be all prissy and shit..." Her opportunity arose. The guard spun around and gripped the bars of the cell, calling her a long stream of quite inappropriate names. The cuffs on her wrists snapped. Sky lunged forward, wrapped her hands around his throat, and twisted. He hit the ground with a thud. Before the other guard could even react, Aiden possessed him, pointing the gun towards his own head and firing. He dropped to the ground, dead. Sky grinned, slipping her hand through the cell and grabbing the keys from his waist. She unlocked the door of her cell and slipped out.

The shot had caught the other three guards' attention, orders ringing out as they began to close in around the cell, guns raised and pointed forward. Quietly, Sky kneeled down and grabbed the gun that lay next to the guard. There were two bullets remaining. She had to make them count. She picked it up and cocked it back, pressing her back against the wall. All three had decided to come at once, which made her job much easier. She could sit and wait while they trotted towards their demise. Sky raised the pistol, peering slowly around the corner. A light shun right in her face. Sky cursed, raised the gun, and fired. There was a slight thunk as the body hit the floor. One down, two to go.

Sky quickly made her way done the hall, keeping her steps light and quiet. When Aiden chimed a warning, she spun to the left and fired, sending another guard down. Yet that used the last of her ammo. Muttering curses under her breath, Sky tossed the gun aside, patting down the man for anything that might be useful. Twenty dollars, a pocket knife, and a black wool hat. Sky pocketed the knife and cash, and tucked her flaming red hair into the hat, pulling the wool past her ears. Now she wouldn't be so easily spotted.

Satisfied with her semi decent disguise, Sky silently made her way towards the exit, keeping her eyes and ears open for any other threats. The third guard, for some odd reason, never showed up. Sky frowned at this, but continued forward anyway. For some reason, this escape seemed much too easy. It was like the guards didn't even try. Were they truly stupid enough to guard her with a bunch of amateurs? Somehow, Sky knew there was something more going on. And it worried her. At last, she found the exit, then proceeded to slip out, the cool air brushing her cheeks. And that's when the full attack came through.

Aiden chimed another warning and Sky spun around, raising her hands to guard her face from a police club, her fingers wrapping around it and twisting it out of the man's grasp. She spun it in her hand, then, using all the force she could muster, whacked him upside the head with it. She watched as he collapsed like a sack of potatoes, then spun around. "Oh mother of f*ck," she cursed, her eyes scanning the scene. Surrounding her were cops cars and black vans, people holding guns pointed towards her and behind doors. "Aiden..." she muttered, "Help me out here please..." She looked around frantically, trying to find some escape route. Every possible path was blocked. It was up to Aiden now.

As the scene unfolded it became grim. Sky was surrounded, guns pointed at her in every which way. No matter how you looked at it, she could not escape. Not without knocking on deaths door. It had been a few hours since Cylis had turned her over, leaving her to her current state. It was over, even with Aiden, she was caught. That's what everyone would have thought.. News teams took no time in showing up, camera's at the ready as they shot the scene live. It became top news, a stand-off going on between the escaped fugitive and police officers. They described the outcome as grim, and not possibly ending well. Micheal had spent a while in the bathroom, leaving him to walk into the terrifying news story. When he saw it, his heart dropped, causing his eyes to widen. No! How could this happen! They couldn't take her..

As he stood in front of the small rigid tv his eyes flickered over to mark, who laid soundly on the couch, his arm stretched over his eyes to hide from the light. He bit his lip, glancing between the door and Marks sleeping form. He had to help Sky. And with this thought in mind, he quietly snuck over to the door, sliding out of the small opening he had made and as quietly as possible, closed it. "I'm sorry Mark, I'll be back.. " He whispered, suddenly taking off down the road. The police station wasn't far from here, although, with the cold air, it felt like miles to him.

A slim body adjusted itself as it peered over a lens, a thick crystal hue glistening against the targets. As one, two, three, the count down began. With the soft sound of the silencer echoed the officers fell one by one, each on with a single bullet in there head. It wasn't hard to take them out, as they looked around in confusion, screaming orders to take cover. "Addison, I am not sure why you are so set that I take this contract with this kid and protect these saps.. But you get one.. " He pulled back the chamber, letting a small casing fall from the sleek black sniper he had. His body was laid down flat on the ruff surface, his head arched up to gaze down the barrel. "Come on, move idiot.. " He muttered, looking up over his scope. It was only a matter of time before they figured out were he was.

"Couldn't you care about less troublesome people Addi?" He added, again pulling back on the trigger, counting each kill. 13, 14.. Chaos hit the streets as the crowds ran for cover, causing it to look more like a slaughter. Micheal had finally got there, his body completely out of breath. He hunched over by the scene, his hand using the wall as support. His hand gripped his chest as pain spiked threw his chest. It hurt to get his heart so pumped up, like the frigid air had nipped at his lungs, and heart, slowly freezing them. "Sky.. " He whispered, looking up with a pale, breathless expression. He had to find her, but what count he do? His mind was warped as he tried to catch his breath, only just now realizing the officers were being picked off one by one, dropping dead. "No.. " He whimpered, looking at the deadly scene.

"Perhaps now it the time to test it out.. " Luciens voice rang as he folded his arms, his gaze caught on the TV. In the background of the news story, drowned out by the screams of officers and citizens, stood Micheal, barely visible against the pixels. Lucien looked back at Joanne, raising a brow as the news story unfolded. She thought he was useless, well this would prove her wrong. Wouldn't it?

Sky was about ready to give up when she saw the officer drop. Her gaze shifted to him, then to where the bullet had come from. Was that... Cylis? A wicked grin crossed her lips as he shot down another officer, her attention once more shifting to the scene in front of her. One by one, the cops fell. Sky took the opportunity and broke into a run. She skidded under one of the police cars, scrambling across the asphalt. The news helicopter followed. Muttering curses under her breath, Sky ran faster, the cold air burning through her lungs. "Wait Aiden..." she whispered, her arms pumping at her side as she focused on the bridge ahead of her. She knew what she had to do. She didn't stop as she reached the edge of the bridge. No, she jumped.

The ice cold water pierced her skin, and suddenly the helicopter behind her exploded, crashing to the ground. Aiden had done his part. Sky swam through the murky lake, her eyes trying to adjust to the dim light. At last, her head broke through the surface, her fiery red hair sticking to her cheeks, lips blue from the cold. "Holy shit that's some god damn cold ass water," she muttered, making her way towards shore. Shivering, she yanked off her now soaking wet jacket and tossed it to the ground. She tore of her sweater next, cursing as the cold touched her bare skin. She was left in a tank top, which was soaked through, and a soggy pair of jeans. "Ah, f*ck," she groaned, quickly scanning the area for any prying eyes. Thankfully, no one was there.

Quickly, Sky yanked off the tank top over her head, leaving her in her bra and sopping jeans. She then proceeded to wring out the top, watching as the water drained into the grass, shivering in the icy snow. Good god it was freezing outside. She swore if she didn't get hypothermia from this, she would invest in a water proof jacket so she wouldn't have to deal with this soggy mess again. A steaming cup of hot chocolate sounded amazing right now. With whipped cream and hot fudge on top. Mark had made that for her all the time when she was still in the CIA. It had been her favorite during the harsh winter months. But that was when she lived a life of lies. Now she was on her own, swimming in ice in the middle of winter.

Joanne tilted her head, examining the tool in front of her. It would control Michael, in a way, having him inform them of their location and trick him and the others into bringing them closer to the CIA's grasp. She walked over to the device and pressed her finger on the button that would fully activate it. From here on out, Anna would be controlled by them. She would point them straight towards the CIA.

"Flattering, but i am not still not interested sweety..." A familiar voice chimed from the shadows, as the crunching of boots against soft, freshly fallen snow echoed quietly. The long barreled rifle laid across his shoulder, the tip pointing up in the air at the sky. His hand had been wrapped lazily over the guns butt, holding it gently in place. He gave her a almost perverted grin, letting his eyes flicker up her form. "Perhaps I might reconsider, for one night... " His teeth peeked threw his thin lips as he smiled brighter, letting his eyes match with hers. Of course he was joking. He didn't really have an interest in women, not to say he had any in men either. He just had other priorities... This he cared for more. Why he had saved her was strictly on Addison's request. To take up that damn kids contract. It was bothersome, but it wouldn't take long for him to run out of money. And when that time comes, even Addison wont stop him from dropping all three of these troublesome people.

By the time Micheal had caught his breath, Sky was gone, escaped, and dead bodies laid over the streets of the city. It was a grim scene, but still Micheal sighed with relief. She had escaped! And he was thankful for that. And to think this all could have been avoided.. He had the damn money! How ever much she owed that man. If they would have just listened to him! Gave him a chance. But these people didn't seem to have the patients or the will for second chances. And for that he was bitter. He gently twisted his body, again holding his chest in discomfort. It seemed to heat up, like under the device was a heater slowly warming his chest. It was soothing, yet uncomfortable. Something didn't feel right, like the heat from his chest fogged his mind.

And for a moment, he was hazy. A slight yellow ting of light slowly illuminating his right eye. He held his head in discomfort, trying again to shake the feeling, yet the intense hazy only thickened further. "Anna?" He whispered, his now slightly discolored eyes glimmering against the street lights. It was hard to fight, the soft pull. And then ... Nothing.. A dark abyss. A lonely echo of a hole, that seemed only to add to the intensity of the heat. What was he doing? A voice that seemed to push him forward echoed lightly in his head, yet he couldn't wake up, he couldn't understand. When he finally shook the haze, he found himself in-front of a government building, standing just inside the gate.. How did he get here? What was he.. He suddenly brought his hand up to hold his head, letting it rest gently in his palm. "Anna.. are you calling me.. " He whispered, his head again swaying.

Lucien smiled, letting his eyes flicker up toward Joanne. "What exactly do you plan to do? " He asked, tilting his head, his eyes narrowing at her. Even he did not know her plan.

Sky didn't even process the voice. As soon as she heard someone speak, she reached for the knife she had stolen, spun around, and flung it blindly forward. It was then that she saw Cylis, and a scowl crossed her lips. The blade missed completely, landing in the snow a few feet away. "You know, you are one lucky son of a b*tch that I'm freezing my ass off and can't seem to aim right now," she snapped in annoyance, in no mood to deal with his witty and obnoxious commentary, "Can you stop drooling and go find me some decent clothes so I can stop freezing?" It was obvious she was ticked off, and once more weary. She had thought this escape would be easy, but instead it had led to this. God damn she was sick of this shit.

She stopped wringing out the top, and closed her eyes, resting her head in her hands. Sky felt so old, like seventy years had drained her of her youth and energy. All she wanted was to just sit here, and let the cold envelop her. Sighing, she plopped down on her back in the snow, resting her hands behind her head. By this point, she didn't care if Cylis saw or not. She figured he would be leaving soon anyways. Whatever. She didn't give a damn anymore. If she was dead, she wouldn't have to worry about the CIA or anything anymore. In a way, she would be free of it all. It sounded nice. Pleasant. She kept her eyes closed, the cold seeping under her skin. Her teeth were chattering, and her lips were blue, but she didn't move.

Joanne looked over to Lucien as he asked about her plan. She merely smiled, turning back to face the screen, watching it quietly. "We bring the singer towards us. Straight into a trap. Of course, the girl and whoever her friend is will come to rescue him, and we'll catch them as well. All three wielders, in one area. You'll have your experiments."

Cylis raised his brow at the obviously pitiful throw. "I ain't going clothes shopping. I'll be your one night stand.. Not your boyfriend.. As she laid in the snow a heavy coat plopped down on top of her, covering her exposed body. "Geez women.. " He muttered, turning to walk away. He rubbed his head in discomfort. Addison wouldn't shut up, he just screamed in his head. What non-sense was he helling about? "It's f*cking cold.. I'm heading back.. " He groaned, turning as he walked back into the deep snow. He was tired, about ready for a nap. Of course the sun was slowly beginning to raise, peeking threw the thick fog. He tucked his hands in his jeans, slowly making his way back up the street. Least it wasn't too far..

Micheal staggard outside the door, grabbing at his head. What was he doing here? Why was he.. A voice screamed in his head, although he couldn't make it out.. Was that Anna? Lucien's eyes flickered back to the door as its creek opened to Joanne's office. As the light shinned in from the hall. A meek, pained face peeked threw. Micheal's body shook, he tried to fight it, to stop himself from moving forward, yet he couldn't stop.. His eyes flickered up to Joanne, his eyes completely ignoring Lucien. He felt like he was waiting for direction, for a order.. From her? But .. why? He fell down to his knees, letting one hand hold the side of his head. "Make it stop.. " He whimpered, keeping his head down towards the floor.

Lucien's eyes flickered from Micheal back to Joanne, a untested smile stretching across his face. "That didn't take long.. " He muttered, laughing a bit under his breath. Now he could have it, the experiments. He could get his answers, and now there was no limit. Nothing to stop him. And whats even more, he could do it to the one thing in this world that was symbol of betrayal to him. This b*tch of a kid. He would take great joy in it. "So, when do we get started?" He asked turning his greedy expression towards Micheal.

The jacket was warm. Sky opened her eyes and watched as Cylis turned and walked away, sitting up and holding the jacket around her. She really had to get her shit together. Hastily, she grabbed her tank top and slipped it on over her head, then grabbing the jacket and pulling it on. It was huge on her, but, eh, whatever. Quickly, she stood and ran to catch up with Cylis, falling in step next to him. "So, hot rod," she said, watching him out of the corner of her eye. She had no idea exactly why she was about to say this, but she figured why the hell not. She really needed to relax, and he was the one who said it anyways. "You said something about a one night stand?" Part of her was joking. Part of her was serious. Hey, being constantly chased by the government wore a girl out. She had to relax some way.

They slept for a long time. It wasn't until the soft ringing of Cylis's that he stirred, grunting as he lended over, clumsily grabbing his phone from the stand. "Ugh.. hello?" He hadn't even looked at the phone, twisting slightly. "Claire?.. What?"

"Brother, you have to come down! It's snowing again.. "

"Ugh... It snowed yesterday too.. " He groaned, turning on his side.

"But it's snowing harder! Come on brother, please come play?"

"Maybe later.. "

"Awwww! Your no fun!" The small girly voice moaned, suddenly ending the call.

Jeez, she was so annoying sometimes. But still, she was innocent. And in every way, he loved it. He sighed, turning in the bed. It was tired..

Sky had been fast asleep on his chest until the phone rang, causing her to shift slightly to the left as Cylis twisted to answer it, obviously still drowsy from the way he spoke. Sky yawned and curled up under the covers, her eyes fluttering open as she blinked and looked around. She was pretty damn comfortable and had no intentions of leaving anytime soon. Falling back asleep actually sounded quite nice. Without really thinking about it, her head rested against his chest again, and she found herself once more dozing off, her breathing soft and quiet.

Joanne sighed as the boy fainted, catching the device as Lucien tossed it to her, instructing her on how to use it. "Was that really necessary?" she asked as she followed the instructions he gave her, putting in the command for Michael to being Sky and Cylis to them. Then they would have all three wielders. Lucien would have his experiments, and Joanne the answers she had been searching for for years.

Lucien stopped, turning slowly to meet her gaze. "What ever do you mean? It was you who ordered me to do it.. I just wanted to be obedient first. Show you my loyalty. His eyes flickered down the the boy, a look of hate smeering his face. "If we are done, i'll take my leave. I will have guests to attend to soon.. "

Micheal lay shakingly on the floor, his brow drenched in sweat. Perhaps it wouldn't hurt so bad if Anna was here. If she could touch him, chase away the pain as she always did. Every since she vanished, his chest has felt heavy, his body weak, and his personality meak.

Cylis's eyes flickered open at the feel of warm flesh against his. He glanced down at Sky, who laid gently in his arms. Soft sounds echoed from the kitchen , causing his eyes to narrow towards the door. He carefully slipped from under Sky, letting her lay gently in the sheets. Quietly he dressed himself, throwing on the same clothes he had worn the night before. Slowly the door opened, creaking slightly from the rusted bolts. "Jeez, why you have to be so loud... " He muttered, holding his head. His hair was everywhere, his clothes obviously thrown on. He cleared his throat, glancing down in to the living room.

When Mark finally woke up, no one was there. Automatically, he jerked upright, narrowing his eyes and looking around. "Michael?" he called out, slipping off the couch and rubbing his eyes. There was no response. Cursing, he hastily looked through the small house, practically running and tearing open every door with no sign of him. Then he ran into Cylis. His clothes were rumpled and his hair was a mess, and it was obvious that he had just gotten up. As he complained about the noise, Mark scowled, crossing his arms over his chest. "Where are Michael and Sky?" He snapped in annoyance, narrowing his eyes. He didn't have the temper that Sky did, but he was still suspicious of Cylis, especially considering the fact he had tried to kill them only the other day.

"What the hell am I? A babysitter? How should I know where he is. Your the one who was suppose to watch the damn kid.. " Cylis yawned, stretching gently and he laid lazily on the couch. His fingers gently flipped with the channels. "Sky is in there.. " He added, waving the remote towards the room. It was obvious Mark didn't care for him, not that he cared either way. Cylis had seen the bathroom light on when they first arrived. He had assumed the kid was in there. Perhaps not? He groaned at the thought of having to track the kid down. What a pain.

When Micheal finally woke, he was alone, in an empty room, just as he had been before. He slowly pushed himself up. One hand on his chest, the other on the ground supporting him. His entire body shook, and his skin was pale, like that of a ghost. His chest hurt, it felt hollow. It was no doubt his heart acting up due to the weak state of his body, but he ignored it. His legs dragged beneath him as he made his way out, using anything and everything around him for support. People gave him odd looks as he clang to the walls, slowly making his way down the street. Anna.. She was still gone? But, what.. What was he just doing... He couldn't remember, yet he felt terrified. Like he didn't want to. He needed to rest. He knew it was the middle of the day, but he prayed Mark and Sky were sleeping. So he could slip past. They couldn't see him like this..

Scowling, Mark went to the room where Cylis had said Sky was, muttering some very rude things about him. Those were just about to feet worse however, especially after he saw exactly where Sky was. She was fast asleep, curled up under the covers. Clothes were scattered all over the floor, and Mark noticed that they weren't just her clothes. There were Cylis's too. Anger filled him, and Mark spun to face Cylis, his face red with rage. For once, his temper got he best of him and he grabbed Cylis by the collar, slamming him against the wall. "What in the hell did you do last night?" he snarled angrily, sounding like an overprotective father. It was actually an amusing site to see, considering the answer was obvious from what he saw in that room. But he wanted to hear it from the bastard himself, so he had a reason to beat the shit out of him.

Cylis grunted, eyes flickering up to Mark as he was slammed roughly against the wall. Mark's demand caused him to smile. His anger made him want to upset him more, to add fuel to the fire. "Isn't it obvious? I f*cked her.. " A sudden thrust of his knee jammed directly into Mark's stomach, causing him to loosen his grip enough for Cylis to slip out of. "Look here pops, Your in my home. I do what I want. Why don't you go find something better to do huh?" He spoke in his usual sarcastic nature, leaving one to wonder who Sky had slept with last night. Because after all, this did not seem to be the same gentle man. Cylis was not afraid to fight this man. He would whoop him, just as he had with everyone else.

Mark grunted as Cylis kneed him in the stomach, gasping and staggering back. His response only ticked him off even more, but Mark decided to pick his battles and let this one drop. For now. But, he would also make sure that those two stayed as far apart as possible. He wouldn't let them sit next to each other, or come anywhere close to touching, even if it was just an accidental brush of the arm. And he would be having a discussion with Sky about this later, and would also lecture her about her poor choices in men. Doing the deed with a guy she barely knew? Unacceptable.

The door creaked open softly, letting the strange air suddenly shift, its attention on him as he staggered in. Micheal's eyes flickered up, widening slightly as he laid his eyes on Mark and Cylis. Both had very aggressive stance, each stance loosening as he walked in. "What the hell? Where you been?' Cylis asked, narrowing his eyes at Micheal. Micheal staggered, carefully closing the door behind him. "Out.. " he responded coldly, wincing as he head pounded suddenly. Bring them to me.. The voice was firm, sharp. Cylis narrowed his eyes, taking a step toward Micheal. "Hey!" He tried to get his attention. but it wasn't any good. Micheal suddenly walked forward, pushing past Cylis and Mark, and retreating into the bathroom. What the hell? Something was wrong.. Cylis glanced over at Mark, curious as to his reaction. Cylis noticed his pale, weak form, but did Mark?

As Michael walked in, Mark looked up in relief. However, that relief quickly turned to concern once he saw how pale he was. The color was drained from his face, and his eyes looked sickly and dead. He looked over to Cylis just as he did, both of them noticing the same thing. Something had happened, but Michael wasn't talking. Was he just sick? Or was he truly hiding something?

Two weeks passed. Sky did indeed receive her lecture from Mark, which she responded with an eye roll and a simple "whatever." She was a grown ass woman and could make her own damn decisions. She didn't need the bastard deciding for her. Also, he pretty much failed miserably at trying to keep Cylis and Sky apart. Every time he tried, Cylis would pull some god damned stunt, just because he could. One time it was a kiss, and Sky nearly smacked him for that. Mark, however, had yanked him away then sat in between the two. Like that helped any. Cylis had simply taken advantage of the situation, crawling over his lap just to reach Sky. It annoyed the hell out of her, and he knew it.

Michael didn't come out much. He ate, though not a lot and only about twice a day, then went back to hole up in his room. No matter what Sky and Mark did, they couldn't get him to come out. After a while, they simply gave up, though they still remained worried, and still made sure he ate at least once a day. It was the best they could do. Sky was thinking about this as she stood nervously at the register of a drug store, a frown crossing her lips at the thought. This morning, she had tried to encourage him to come out again, with no luck. She didn't even get a response. "Ma'am?" Sky blinked and looked up as the elderly woman at the register watched her, holding out the bag, "That will be $7.59."

Hastily, Sky paid the lady, took the bag, the darted out of the store. This was her third trip there today, and every time had been the same woman, and every time Sky had bought the same thing. It was a surprise that she hadn't called her out on it at all yet. But Sky had to be absolutely sure, a thought that made her sick to her stomach. Finally, she got back to Cylis's place, opening the door and quietly peering around. From the door to the bathroom, everything was clear. Sky darted forward, entered the bathroom, and shut and locked the door behind her, hoping nobody noticed. Just as quickly, she pulled the box out of the bag. A pregnancy test. She stood, did her thing, then looked at it once she was done. Positive. Third time in a row. "Shit..." She cursed, letting it fall from her hands and skid to the back corner. On top of everything else, Sky was pregnant. Just what she needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back