What Lies Around Us

Rick at first, attempted to push against Mark, only to be pushed harder against the wall. Rick bit his tongue in anger, letting a small remnance of blood drip into his throat. He groaned, suddenly pushing back Mark with difficulty. "This isn't over!" He hissed, shooting a glare towards Mark, then moving his deadly gaze to Micheal. "I will be back... " He huffed, suddenly turning and walking, with much difficulty down the hall. Rick would not let this happen so easily. He would not allow Mark to get custody, not before he's off'ed the kid and collected the insurance money.

The nurses and doctors had watched stunned, only one of them turning their gaze as a soft shadow reflected against her skin. Micheal stood behind the nurse, blood on his cheeks from Marks wounds, smeared pitifully on his right side. The nurse cleared her throat, letting her mouth move as she spoke to Micheal. Yet he heard nothing. Instead, he just stood, entranced by what he saw. Anna stood in front of Mark, her hand resting on his shoulder. He had never seen Anna act so friendly with another. Never... Yet this man..

"Are you listening?" His attention suddenly moved to the nurse, who stood with a disapproving look on her face. "S-sorry... " He muttered, keeping his eyes off Mark. He wanted to know who he was, how he knew his uncle. He wanted to know all of this, yet for some reason, he couldn't find a way to ask. "Come with me.. " The nurse whispered, grabbing Micheal's arm to pull him to the next room.

The doctor cleared his throat, looking over to Marks wounded hand. "Your help was muchly appreciated. But we will need to talk. However, that injury is more important. Please return to your room so we can treat it properly." The doctor took a step forward, giving a nasty look down the hall as Ricks fat ass disappeared around the far corner of the hospital. The doctor was still unsure if he would pay or not, but for now, it wasn't a concern. The doctor, and bubbly nurse ushered Mark back into the room, forcing him again on the bed as they began to treat his arm.

Micheal was too ushered back into his room, although he gave a displeased reaction, wanting to take to Mark. "I appreciate your help, and hopefully, he will live up to his end and help pay for these expenses, however, he will not be able to release him to you. Due to the law, only a guardian or blood related family member will be able to sign release papers... It is news I hate to give, however it must be followed... "

The doctor cleared his throat before continuing, looking at Marks wound suspiciously.

"I would talk about your health... however... Judging by the look in your eyes, I don't think you care to hear anything about your health. We will of course start treatment.. However... there is much to discuss I think... The first is why that door had to be broken down.. and how this injury came upon you... " The doctor finished bandaging his wound, looking up at him suspiciously. The doctor wanted answers.... This whole situation was weird... suspicious.

Micheal was left in the other room, sitting quietly on the bed. His eyes watched carefully on door as Anna hovered close to him. "You know him don't you... That man... " Micheal looked over to Anna slowly, only to be greeted with the usual smile. He sighed, pulling his glance away. "I hope hes okay... and that girl .. You think she escaped the fire... right? " He talked in a numbing tone, as though to only ask himself. Anna looked at him curiously, smiling as she suddenly faded from the room. "Anna?" He whispered letting his head lift in curiosity. She left?

~~~

~~~

"Yes, I'm with the CIA, I am looking for a patient in your care under the name of ... Micheal ..-" A tall brunette man leaned over the counter, smiling down at the nurse on shift.

"Oh. I know exactly who you are talking about! Let me find out which room he is in. I'll be right back with you.. " The nurse quickly walked down the hall, vanishing amungast the other Nurses. The man sighed, leaning against the counter. "Can't wait to meet the kind. Can you believe we found another? This should be interesting... Just wait till we look at his ana-"

"Dont get all freaky on us.. " One agent next to him interrupted, rolling his eyes as the other rolled his eyes.

"OH right right!" Lucien smirked, glancing down the hallways impatiently.

"Oh doctor, we have some visitors for Micheal Laurence. Which room did you change him too? " The nurse had passed by Marks room, noticing the doctor sitting next to his bed.

The doctor looked back at her curiously, glancing over to the door. "Visitors? .. I think we should hold off on-"

"They are with the CIA sir. Some kind of investigation.. "

"Fine, but have them be brief.. " He sighed, turning back towards Mark.

Sky was still unconscious, and Aiden was getting desperate. He could feel her getting weaker and weaker, despite her claims of not letting some cold weather bring her down. It was then, however, that he sensed another presence. Another spirit. Aiden then did everything to get their attention, from spraying snow to knocking over trash cans nearby. They needed to help Sky.

Mark nearly cursed when he heard the CIA was here looking for Michael. After hastily explaining the situation to the doctor of being attacked, he was quick to excuse himself, leaving no arguments and darting out the door, almost immediately running into one of the agents. When he looked up, a scowl crossed his face at the familiar smirk. "Lucien." He said coolly, crossing his arms over his chest.

Cold eye's flickered down on a familiar face, letting a light, yet sinister smile phase through. "Ahh. Mark... Funny we should find you here... Weren't you off today? ... Were is it you are going to in such a hurry?" He smiled, giving a light nod to the agents next to him. There response was typical, returning his nod with a light head twitch then quickly moving past Mark. "Let's not pretend Mark. I know what you have been doing. How long did you think you could hide them from us?... " He chuckled, crossing his arms firmly against his chest. "Understand this, when we want something, we get it. I would hate to see something happen to the sweet girl you have taken such a liking too. What was her name again... oh ya... Sky?..."

He didn't allow anytime for Mark to take, not even a moment to react before he brushed roughly past his shoulder. "In this life we only get to choose one Mark.. Remember that.. " His message was vague, but clear. Mark could not protect them both, and if he tried to stop them from taking Michael, he would kill Sky. He would make them pay.. They only needed one, and seeing as this was the closest one, this is the one he would take. One who had not been trained in the arts of the CIA. One that could never escape.. The doors to Micheals room opened quickly, leaving a loud thud to echoing in the quiet room. As Lucien turned the corner a smile passed his lips. "Hello.. Are you Micheal?" Micheal had jumped at the sudden noise, backing closer towards the wall to further the distance between them. "Who.. are you.. "

It was quiet out, and light snow had finally stopped falling. The soft breeze hit against Cylis face, causing his to shiver lightly. He didn't expect to run into her, nor her spirit. The fact that he had only made his grin get bigger. It was fate. "Addison.. " He muttered, looking over at the emotionless body and soft throwing of snow that caught his attention. It was Sky.. Addison wasted not time, suddenly forcing Aiden back, his force being more like a sudden push. "Fate seems to not be on your side.. " He muttered softly, walking quietly over to Sky. Her body was barred deep in the snow, her skin paling lightly against the cold snow. He smiled, gently kneeling down and scooping Sky into his arms.

"Listen here spirit.. You can either fight against us, and only prolong your demise, or you can come along quietly. Don't you think it would be better if I go her out of this cold weather..? " He raised a brow, pulling Sky closer to his chest as he began to walk away. Even if Aiden fought, he would stop him. No one would get in his way. This just made his job easier. If he could get the spirit to listen, perhaps he could get some answers before he turned them over.

The force slammed against Aiden, pushing him against the wall, temporarily disabling him. However, he recovered quickly and was fast to react, shoving Addison back. As he was ready to attack again, Cylis spoke, and Aiden froze. As much as he didn't want to admit it, Cylis was right. Sky had to get out of this cold, or she would die. Grudgingly, Aiden stopped fighting, fuming with anger and hate towards this man. All the same, he followed quietly, just as the bastard wanted him to. However, he had no intentions on ever getting Sky close the demise Cylis spoke of. He wouldn't let anyone hurt her.

The threat rang in Mark's ears as Lucien brushed past him, a smirk on his face. That damn bastard. Mark couldn't let him have Michael, but what about Sky? He couldn't let them kill her either... "Lucy..." He whispered softly, "You can't let him have Michael." For a long moment, Mark hesitated. He had a choice he had to make. He had to choose whether to stop Lucien or continue to protect Sky. He couldn't do both. If he saved Michael, he would ruin his cover and they would be able to track Sky. She would constantly be on the run, always fighting, but this time not for freedom. It would be life or death. However, if he continued protecting Sky, Michael would end up in the CIA as a guinea pig. They would experiment with him, and continue to mess with forces they didn't understand. Mark closed his eyes.

"I'm sorry Sky..." He whispered softly, turning to follow Lucien. He couldn't let him get Michael. That would throw the world into apocalypse, an apocalypse they didn't need. Mark quickly slipped into the room behind Lucien, looking over to Michael and his stunned expression. Mark reached out and grabbed Lucien's shoulder, pulling him back. "Lucien, he's just a kid. Leave him alone."

The gentle, yet stern touch of Marks palm caused Lucien to scowell. Ignoring Marks slight warning Lucien took another step towards Micheal, tilting his head slightly as he looked at him. "I understand you must be frightened, surviving such a groaling fire must have weighed down on you severely." Lucien's eyes glanced back at Mark, giving him a daring smile as he looked down at his arm. Lucien was no fool, he knew what the cut of a sharp blade looked like, as well as a fire set on purpose. It was easy to connect the dots, that they had been attacked, and Mark had reacted accordingly.

A smirk slowly formed against Lucien's pale skin as he made eyes connect with Mark briefly, then pulling his attention back to Micheal. "The man behind me is Mark, he is one of our 'associates'. We have heard that your life has been threatened, and we would like to help protect you..." As he spoke, he closed the distance between him and Micheal, letting his words entice Micheal into not realizing how close he was actually getting. "Of course as I sure you have realized, this hospital is not safe. I would request you come with us to a new location... For your safety, and of course the safety of others... " Lucien's tough, strong hand wrapped lightly around Micheal's arm, causing him to suddenly flinch.

It was like a picture or scene had been forced into his mind, moving and lowing threw life like the ocean. With each second Lucien held on, the more Micheal could see. Memories, thoughts and threats alike.. His first instinct was to pull away, to get the images of this man's life out of his mind, yet he stopped, suddenly lowering his head to let his soft, now greasy and slightly burnt hair cover the emotion that filled his eyes. "Understand this, when we want something, we get it. I would hate to see something happen to the sweet girl you have taken such a liking too. What was her name again... oh ya... Sky?..."

Lucien's voice echoed loudly in his head, as the images and scenes suddenly stopped, leaving him with only these words to echo inside him.

This man Mark, he was Sky's friend? Protecting her from the CIA? And this man knew... Knew he was a traitor. And was willing to let it go, for one thing... Him... It was hard to accept. And with each second Micheal stood silent, Lucien became ever more curious. The air was filled with tension as the two agents kept there guard up, there hands being kept close by there sides. The soft presence of Anna lingered over him, letting her warmth warm is cool body. Was this the right thing Anna? Was he making a mistake? After a long silence the tension came to a stop as Micheal spoke, his voice quiet much like a whisper.

"You don't have to lie... I wont fight you.. Just don't hurt that women, or him... " The other agents strained to hear his soft reply, causing there brow's to raise in curiosity. Lucien narrowed his eyes, letting his brow's crunch together as he tugged Micheal slightly closer, holding his arm further up in the air as though to force Micheal to have to look at him. "You read my memories... " Micheal's glossy eyes flickered up to his, a look of resilience and uncertainty lacing his eyes. He didn't respond, he merely stood there, leaving the question to linger. "Haha, how interesting. Alright, come on.. " He tugged Micheal forward suddenly, causing him to stumble slightly on one untied show lace.

((Will add Cylis reply after my appointment. But here is Micheal in the mean time :P ))

The frigid cold whispered across the lamp post as they made there way down the street, leaving a lingering silence to hang over them. It must have been a 20 minute walk before they approached a door, it's tattered structure causing anyone else with a straight mind to avoid it. Holding Sky gently in his arms, he tilted his should allowing him to adjust Sky just enough to grab the handle and turn it. The room was dark, and even in the onslaught of shadows it gave off this unsettling nature. With the flickering of the lights, the room illuminated, revealing several plain pieces of furniture, covered by thick tarps. Dust laced the entire room, giving the obvious hint no one had been here in a long long time.

Addison gently ripped on the the tarps from the couch, letting the tarp and dusty fly into the air behind them. Almost carefully Cylis set Sky onto the couch, pulling on the the blankets that hung over the armrest over her body. He paused for a moment, letting his eyes flicker to her, then to Addison, who kept a close watch on Aiden, incase he attacked. With a sigh, he pushed his jet black hair black, letting the cold water seep down his neck. He had placed himself on the couch across from Sky, plopping down on the dusty tarp with a bored expression. That man would be here soon right? He wasn't a baby sitter, and he still had a job to do, but for course things change... He would get more money for this job. To kill that kid...

They must have sat for an hour before the door suddenly swung open, causing Cylis to moe only his crystal eyes to watch the fat and cocky bastard waddle his way in. "You!" He muttered, charging towards Cylis. Cylis sat with a single finger against his temple, holding his dull and bored expression at Ricks attempt to intimidate him. "You we're suppose to kill the little shit..." His eyes flickered over to Sky, which caused his unsettled look to become more excited then anything. A slight chuckle from him caused Cylis to raise a brow as the old man waddled towards Sky. "Go finish the job, I'll take her...-" "not so fast... " cylis interrupted, slowly standing from his position. "Lethe price has gone up, you failed to mention he had a protector, for that, the fee doubles..."

"What?!? As if you little shit!" He cursed and moaned, Turing back towards Cylis who crossed his arms tightly against his chest. Cylis flicked his expression slightly, raising a challenging brow. Rick slurped his lips, his fists turning beat red from the pressure applied from his nuckles. "Fine.." He muttered, waving his drunken hand to shoo Cylis away. He wouldn't pay him double, once the kids dead he would get nothing, nothing but a arrest warrant from the police.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally, Sky woke up. Everything was unclear, at first, blurry and muffled. She couldn't make out what was happening around her. She could hear voices, male?, talking back and forth, more like arguing. Both voices were familiar. Then, at last, she became fully conscious, and her advanced senses automatically absorbed everything around her. She recognized the voice of Michaels sleazy uncle, and the voice of the guy who attempted to kidnap her. Two people she had an issue with in the same room. Perfect. Mentally, she called out to Aiden, who was still being blocked by Addison. He reacted automatically.

Using all the force he could muster, Aiden pushed Addison back, knocking over a lamp in the process, the glass shattering against the floor. Cylis's back was turned, and the uncle was watching him. Sky used this opportunity to silently roll off the couch and slip underneath. She was small enough to where she remained completely hidden from their line of sight, though the cobwebs tickled her cheeks. She was hoping Rick was stupid enough to think that she just disappeared. However, she doubted Cylis would believe that. Which is where Aiden came in. He would distract Cylis and Addison while Sky slipped out past Rick. She currently had no energy to fight, and hoped to avoid one at all costs.

Mark was stunned when Michael spoke. He.... He was going to join them? Just to keep Sky safe? But... No. He couldn't do that! They would use as a lab rat, a tool. He wouldn't have the chance to live anymore. "Wait, kid," Mark called out to Michael, reaching out a gently grabbing his arm before Lucien could pull him away. "Don't make decisions just to protect everyone else. You don't have to do this, kid."

The soft touch of Marks hand caused him to flinch, his eyes flickering up to look into he's. He couldn't hide it in time, the intense look of fear and anxiety that caused his heart to suddenly race. He didn't want to, the idea scared him, more then anything. But...

He managed to put a smile on his face, letting his eyes flicker gently away from Mark. "I... I know... But I can't be the reason for someone else's suffering... not knowing I could have stopped it... " His ashy hues flickered back as he pulled his smile further back to comfort Mark more. That was... until his eyes lit up from the sudden heart wrenching sound that caused his ear drums to rumble. Suddenly his hands thrashed from both there , quickly covering both his ears in a protective motion has he sudden dropped to his knees.

His face was scrunched in pain, as the sound, only he could hear made one of his ears begin to bleed. It was Anna.. The first sound he had ever heard her make, and it was the most painful. She was angry, angry he was giving himself up, angry of his choice. And she would let him feel that. She wouldn't let this man take her son. Not now, not ever. Lucien looked down on him with surprised eyes, his eyes flickering up as he was suddenly thrusted backwards away from Micheal, slamming hard into the wall. With each force she used, Micheal paled slightly more, still covering his ears from the off setting noise.

please brother... this isn't his decision to make...

The sudden crashing of the lamp caused Cylis to smile, slowly moving his crystal hues across the scene. Spunky. This women was smart, and intelligence, and he liked it. Addison, leave them.. we were paid to bring her here till he arrived, shes his problem now... let them go.

Addison scowled at the idea, pushing his angered feelings back towards Cylis. Rick suddenly twisted around, his blood shot eyes flickering over the room. "WHERE IS SHE?! THAT BITCH! YOU FIND HER!!! " He suddenly turned to Cylis who stood unmoving. "Don't think so pap... You paid me to bring her to you, not keep her here... I got more important things to do... Have fun old man... " He waved his hand in a dissurning motion as he walked past the door, sparing a second glance at the room. Spunky.. He thought, letting a smile creak over his face.

Rick cursed, quickly searching threw the room, throwing the furniture recklessly across the floor. "Bitch were are you! I'm gonna make you regret the day you crossed me... you and that kid. I'll kill all three of you little shits.

As Rick screamed and cursed, Sky quietly creeped out from under the couch, careful to stay out of his line of sight. She was doing pretty good at the beginning, but his turns became more sparatic and random. Sky scrambled forward faster, paying less attention, her focus on escaping. And that was when he caught her. His grimy hands grabbed her by the hair, causing Sky to let out a short yelp as he swung her around, slamming her against the wall. She winced and cursed loudly, her head spinning from the impact. "Aiden..." She whispered, forcing herself upright, just to knocked down by a fist in the face. She gagged and coughed, rolling onto her hands and knees.

"Not so tough now, eh, you little f*cking b*tch!" Rick yelled, delivering a kick to her stomach, knocking her to the ground. "Aiden, come on..." she hissed as he kicked her again. "I'm gonna kill you, you little f*cking wh*re," Rick snarled, grabbing a vase from a nearby table. He held it in his beefy hands with a sadistic smirk on his face, holding it by its slender neck. "It's over for you b*tch." He raised it high, ready to slam it down on her head. Sky flinched back, raising her hands to protect herself. The glass shattered. Yet none of it touched her. Panting heavily, Sky opened her eyes, slowly putting down her hands. Rick stood in front of her, the broken vase at his feet, his eyes a milky white. Blood dripped from a gash in his forehead, trickling down his cheek.

Sky sighed in relief, scrambling back as he fell forward, Aiden releasing him from his grasp. The milky white in his eyes vanished, replaced by the lifeless glassy look of death. Gagging, Sky rolled away from him, her whole body trembling as she stood. "Thank you, Aiden..." she said softly, wincing at the pain in her head. Judging from Aiden's worry, she looked pretty beat up. Maybe a broken rib or two from the kicks. She was definitely going to have a wicked black eye in the morning from the way her face was throbbing. Otherwise, she was in one piece, if a little cold. "C'mon Aiden," she said with a sigh, "Let's get moving."

Mark flinched as Michael covered his ears, looking around the room wildly. Lucien was roughly pushed back, and bleed was dripping out of the kids ears. He knew immediately what was happening. "Ah shit, shit, shit!" He hissed, quickly dropping by Michaels side, "Lu, quit it! You're hurting him!" His words were loud and sharp, cracking like a whip. "This is pointless! Hurting him won't do either of you good!"

The sudden softening of the pressure was the only comfort as the pain slowly left his ears. His body still shook slightly from the remnance of pain that had echoed deep in his head. The small amount of blood that had seeped from his ears had become smeared by his palms, leaving the soft brushing of crimson across his cheeks. His head spun as he tried to lift his head, resulting in his head suddenly thudding onto Marks shoulder, who sat close by to comfort him. He had a hard time discerning his surroundings, not really understanding what had happened, or what was happening.

Lu.. The voice echoed hard in Lucien's ears, causing his brow to raise in uncertainty and surprise. It was impossible. The spirit who had latched itself to this boy... Was Lucy.. His face hardened after a long second as he slowly pushed himself off the wall he had be been so suddenly thrown against. He groaned slightly as his back cracked, one ridge at a time. "Well, this is unexpected... "

With a sudden pull Micheal found himself suddenly forced his feet, feeling a strong hand wrapped around his torso which kept him standing. His head spun to much for him to hold it up, which ended with his head laying to the right onto Lucien's collar bone. "Roy, Florence.. " He muttered, taking a set backwards and pulling Micheal back with him. "Use it.. " The two agents nodded, each grabbing a long, thick silver bar from their pockets. Anna still hovered more close to her brother, her attention quickly moving to Lucien as he pulled Micheal back. If he could see her, he would have seen her fists clench in anger, her face turning beat red in frustration. She moved towards him as one of the agents handed Lucien the bar. With a wicked grin he readjusted Micheal, holding up the bar. IF she was stupid enough to come close, this device would cause severe pain. IT would pull at the tether, which kept them attacked. Although, he didn't seem to realize, the tether wouldn't hurt and stop her...

The cold air was chilly against his cheeks. A small grin laced his lips as Sky exited the rotting building, stumbling slightly, no doubt from the beating she had just gotten. Although, it was obvious who won in the end. Typical, it was the ending he had predicted. He let out a breath turning his eyes back towards the hospital. He still had that kid to kill, and as far as he knew, Rick was still alive. Pulling his coat around him, he walked slowly down the street in silence. Addison followed, glancing back every once in a while in curiosity. Even Addison wondered about that person.. That spirit. He wasn't sure why... But he felt draw to them, just as he knew Cylis did. Would he ever admit it? Now that this girl wasn't his mission. Would he talk to her?

Sky immediately noticed the bastard kidnapper retreating, obviously heading toward the hospital. She could feel Aiden fuming with anger towards him, an anger he would have to get over. He was a spirit wielder just like she was, and those were the type of people she was looking for. So Sky jogged towards him, catching up quickly and matching his fast pace. "I hope you realize the sleazy f*cker is dead," she said casually, watching him out of the corner of her eye, "You won't be getting paid."

"Lucien," Mark snapped, taking a step forward, "Let him go, dammit. There's no need for this."

He raised a brow, glancing back at her out of the corner of his eye. "Then you'll have to pay for it.. So far you owe me an additional 120,000$... " He smiled, turning his head back. "You don't think I didn't require payment up front did you?.. Just because the buyer dies, doesn't mean I wont finish the job... " He suddenly turned down an ally, keeping his pace steady as he walked. "I could always change my mind... And turn you in for your bounty.. What was it? 500,000$... " He laughed, turning another corner as they walked in front of the hospital. He only did the jobs he was assigned, If he was paid, he would do it, even if his benefactor had perished. He looked up, his eyes narrowing as a scream echoed softly from the hospital walls.

"Mark... You have a choice to make. We need a benefactor, and it would be better to have the one that is more willing to come with us. This is his choice. The only person who seems to disagree is that dear sister of yours... After all, you don't disagree... Do you Mark? Micheal flinched slightly at the sound of them talking about a sister. Marks sister? He didn't understand, and his head spun to much to let him try too.

"I told you ... You can only choose one... " Anna took a step forward only to be suddenly forced back from what seemed like a force field. For a moment, her body was visible, thrown back. You would have thought the force would have hurt her, yet the scream that echoed in the room wasn't hers.. But his... Micheal screamed, suddenly grabbing at his chest.

"Hold them.. " He muttered, pulling the device close to him and pulling Micheal closer. This position was easier to control him, to stop him from thrashing. The agents blocked the path between Mark, Anna and Lucien as he quickly began to exit the door. Doctors.

and Nurses peeked down the hall in curiosity, whispering as they saw Lucien exit from the noisy room. He tsked, to many people were gathering...

"I'll see you bright and early Monday.. Right Mark? He teased, suddenly walking down the hall pulling Micheal.

Anna step forward, only to stop, looking over at the men who held the same device in there hands. They needed to capture her, after all, they can't open the rift without the spirit too...

Sky's gaze jerked up at the sound of the scream, her eyes locking onto the hospital. She counted to three in her head, watching Cylis out of the corner of her eye. "Now!" She yelled, breaking into a full on sprint. Meanwhile, a car that was parked nearby began rolling down the hill straight towards Cylis. Aiden had released the brake on her cue, temporarily distracting Cylis while she ran inside to see what the situation was. She had a pretty good idea what she was about to walk into, and darted into the hospital before Cylis could react to her sudden disappearance.

Sky slipped past nurses and doctors, ignoring their angry shouts, sliding between the crowds, careful to keep her head down so no one recognized her as a fugitive. Moving quickly, she ran up the stairs, pausing for only a moment to catch her breath before continuing. Then, at last, she reached the room, shoving through the crowd, until she reached the door. What she saw simply pissed her off. Lucien, someone she had gotten close with during her time at the CIA, held Michael in his grasp, two metal bars pressed against his skin. And it was obvious he was hurting him. Sky scowled at darted forward, reaching out to snag whatever the hell Lucien was holding.

"Sky, don't!" Mark shouted a warning, which she ignored, her fingers grazing the cool metal. All she felt was pain. Her eyes widened in shock as she yanked her hand back, a cry passing her lips as she collapsed to the ground, tears filling her eyes. It wasn't just her, either. Aiden was in pain too, barely able to move, which caused her even more pain. Michael was experiencing the same amount of pain, if not more. Sky had to get those damn things away from him. Gritting her teeth, she forced herself to her feet, even weaker then she was before. But she was also quite stubborn, something Lucien knew well. "Alright," she said in between pants, arching a brow, "What's the spectacular amazing invention this time?" Her voice was dripping with sarcasm, her cool green eyes skewering him with a glare.

Aiden remained close by, as instructed by Sky, hoping that would help some with her crazy ass plan. Unfortunately, it didn't. Once more, she reached for the rods, just for the same pain to take place, Aiden withering and screaming. Sky pushed forward, however, using all her strength to pull on them. Yet Lucien retained his grasp on them, and Sky once more collapsed, landing on her hands and knees. Mark cursed, but didn't move, his gaze darting between her and Michael, uncertain, hesitant. Sky immediately understood. He had to choose between the two of them. He needed to choose Michael. Sky met his eyes, and nodded. He hesitated for only a moment more before turning towards Lucien. "And I'm choosing Michael, you bastard. Let him go."

It was painful, the constant onset of pain that surged threw his body, and yet, it was numbing. Dulled only by the never ending amount, slowly fading his mind. He could not think, and if it was a possibility in this state, he wouldn't want to. It was like the pain made him incoherent. Unable to react, or speak, or even move. It was suffocating. Perhaps this is what Sky felt like, smothered and unable to breath. Like her lungs had suddenly become restricted, filling with an air that could not be breathed. It was frightening, more frightening then his drug addicted uncle on a rampage. Scarier then the darkness that fills the room, and perhaps more frightening of a life spent alone. It was something he had never felt before, and in all honesty, never wanted to feel again.

Micheal would have collapsed, just as Sky had, if it wasn't for Lucien's strong arm holding him up. His neck and head were limp, laying shakingly against Lucien's neck. His breathing had become choppy, with each breath he took, his lungs shook more. And the longer his body stayed in pain, the more intense the pain in his chest became. Anna still kept by Mark, temping herself to go forward, but stopping in fear of causing Micheal more pain. She was angry, angry this man felt he could come in here and treat them this way. He would not get away with it... Whoever he was.. Her anger fumed as she looked at Micheal's pained expression, glancing down at his chest in worry..

The soft pale skin on Lucien's face pulled back into a sinister smile as Sky fell to the ground, forced down onto her knees. As she spoke again he tilted his head at her, his smile widening further. "What? You don't like it? I thought it was a neat little device..." His eyes went cold as they flickered back to Mark, narrowing as he took a step forward claiming he chose Micheal. "You choose him!? You didn't actually think I was serious did you? Your a traitor, traitors don't get to choose..." As Lucien spoke, Roy quickly reprimanded him, twisting his right arm behind his back and quickly putting cuffs onto his wrists. "Why would I only take one when I could have two? Don't be so foolish. Besides, it's much more interesting, now that I know who his host his... " Florence kneeled down next to Sky, pulling her roughly to her feet. A similar rod hovered over her neck, threatening to send pain surging threw her body. Sky was lucky, this agent did not seem to be as cruel as to use it on her for not reason as Lucien had. And although they did not fully understand why he was, he seemed to have glint of anger looking at Micheal. A expression he didn't use often.

In the office Lucien was nice, playful, cocking and above all, an a*shole. But not the type of Assh*le anyone would expect. He was difficult and loyal, and quick to point out flaws and mistakes, but he was also friendly. He knew how to make others laugh, to comfort. Yet this man, seemed cold, like he was haunted by a ghost in his past, a betrayal... He would never forget. The same doctor how had helped Mark quickly approached, grabbing Lucien suddenly by the wrist. The doctor unknowingly pulled the rod from Micheal's skin, allowing his body to slouch further in relief as the pain suddenly stopped. "I do not know who you think you are, but this is a hospital. We do not condone such behavior or treatment of our patience.

"I understand doctor, however his is a matter of the CIA. The people before me are highly dangerous escaped fugitives. You will understand if my brutality seems to much... However the safety of your staff and patients is my top priority... "

The doctor stood back uncertain for a moment, releasing Lucien's arm.

"Very well, however this scene is unnecessary. Please vacate immediately. "

No one dared to get in the way of this matter, after all it would be treason against a CIA agent if the doctor was wrong and interfered. It wasn't worth the risk. The doctor sped around on his heels, suddenly shoeing away the staff that had gathered in the halls. Slowly they began to disperse, and quickly the hallway became barren. A smirk came from a familiar face as he leaned again the wall, watching patiently as the nurses and doctors scrambled, quickly trying to return to there tasks. She was sly, using the car to distract him. But it was useless. He had easily dodged it, barrel rolling across the concrete. Though he had not planned to stay and spectate, the scene entertained him. And it's not like he would let the kid leave alive anyway. Him dying in the custody of a CIA agent would only be more helpful. It was someone to pin for murder. Just as his contract stated. This was becoming a very pained task, but it was interesting all the same. Slowly he crossed his arms, raising a brow at Sky as her hand's were pinned behind her, the feeling of cold metal touching her skin as a cuff was placed on her left wrist. She was good, but apparently not that good.

"Let them go!" Sky shrieked, thrashing and kicking in the agent's grasp. She could give less of a damn what happened to her, but she wouldn't let them take Michael and Mark. Michael, who had a whole life ahead of him, a chance to be young, to a normal kid. The CIA would ruin everything for him. His career. His life being young. And Mark. Mark who had been in the agency for twenty years, training whoever needed training, fighting when he had to fight, defending what he believed in. He risked it all to protect Sky, to keep her hidden from the CIA's eyes. She couldn't let him get imprisoned for it. So, using all the strength she could muster, she jerked her head back, hitting the agent holding her back square in the nose, darting forward as he yelped, loosening his grip.

Then she went straight for Lucien, grabbing him by the back of his shirt and yanking him away from Michael, slamming him against a wall. She forgot about the metal rods he held, she forgot about everything. All she felt was anger. "Look, you damn bastard," she snarled, her hands clenched into fists, "Let them go, dammit. I'll stay with the CIA and not run away again. I'll let you do your experiments, I'll do whatever you ask. Just let them go." She kept her hard, cold gaze locked onto his, waiting for his answer, hoping, praying that this would work. Unlike him, she would keep her word. If he let them go, she would remain. She would once more serve for the CIA, as much as she didn't want to. But she also wouldn't let them ruin Michael's life or throw Mark in jail. Not on her watch.

As Lucien was thrown back, his grip on Micheal loosened, allowing his body to suddenly collapse onto the floor. He groaned slightly, turning on his shoulder and grabbing at his chest. It hurt.. Anna quickly moved forward, racing towards Micheal's side, letting her hand hover over his chest.. and for a moment she panicked. She couldn't feel anything, nothing, no powers flowing form her hand.. There was.. nothing. She didn't realize the rod being so close stopped her, stopped her from helping. This had never happened before.. Lucien stood, smirking at Sky as he held his collar, her fist threatening him as he was pinned against the wall. A small laugh came from him as he looked into her eyes, suddenly looking away as his laugh broke the silence. It was sudden and swift, the impact to her torso, and after, nothing but pain.

He held the rod in his right hand, and clenched his fist, thrusting it hard into her torso. As her body began to curl further into his hand he leaned down, speaking softly into her ear. "Like I said, I you don't have a choice... "

"Take her... and use the damn rod this time... " He hissed at the agent, how held his bloody noise. Again the agent took a hold of Sky, pulling her back, this time using his rod against her skin. "Let's move.. " Lucien added grabbing Micheal's shirt and pulling him up off the ground. He threw him over his shoulder, causing Micheal to wince.

Lucien paused for a moment, giving a glance to Mark before walking down the hallway. They had made enough of a scene, it was time to end this..

He walked quickly past Cylis, who watched carefully as Mark too was escorted past. With a grin, he slipped his hand into his coat pulling a small hand gun from his jacket. Slowly he lifted it, aiming the barrel towards Micheal's dangling head that hung upside down against Lucien's back. He had waited long enough, it was time to end his contract..

Pain shot through Sky's abdomen, and she screamed, staggering back and hitting the ground with a thud. She faintly heard Lucien's voice, and she wanted nothing more but to spit in his face. That damn bastard... Oh god this hurt so much. She squeezed her eyes shut and gritted her teeth, trying to push past the pain. Yet, Aiden came too close, hitting the force field, causing Sky to scream again, the pain even more immense from feeling Aiden's pain as well. F*ck Lucien and his damned inventions. At one point, the two of them had been friends. But that had changed. Panting heavily, Sky assessed her surroundings, hoping to find something, anything that could help Mark and Michael.

That's when her gaze landed on Cylis. He had a gun in his hand, the barrel pointed straight at Michael's head. She couldn't let him shoot... She had to do something, anything to get him to help. She let out another cry as Aiden accidentally hit the force field once more, her body going practically limp in the agent's arms. The pain was unbearable. She could hear Mark shouting her name in worry, struggling against the agents holding him back. All she could feel was the cool metal of the rod, the pain rushing through her veins. And all she could see was Cylis, pointing his gun at Michael, getting ready to fire. Somehow, Sky found the energy to open her mouth, to shout a very large number."

"$500,00!" she yelled, praying to god Cylis would get the message. Annoyed, the agent once more pressed the metal rod against her neck, and she flinched, biting back a whimper. Her gaze never left Cylis. $500,000. $500,000 for him to not kill Michael and to get those two out and freed from the CIA. Hopefully he would understand what she was saying, and help. And hopefully no one realized what she was doing. Even Mark gave her a strange look, assuming she was going crazy from all the pain. It only made his worry increase. "C'mon, dude..." Sky thought to herself, looking at him desperately, "Help them."

His eyes flickered back to her, as a smile slowly crossed his lips. With the sudden whipping of his gun, his hand thrashed in a odd motion in the air, and almost instantly, a door Lucien was passing suddenly ripped from its hinges, soaring into the air. The door crashed hard against his skull causing Lucien to hit hard against the other wall, slowly collapsing onto the floor. Micheal fell from his grip, hitting with a thick thud to the floor. Cylis smirked as a nurse walked in to the hallway, her hands shaking in fear as she took in the scene."I take cash..." He muttered, giving Sky a slight glance. He let out a huffing laugh as he whirled around, swinging his free hand towards Sky.

Blood began to drip down the agents temples as three needles stuck out from his flesh. He dropped instantly to the floor, releasing the rod and Sky from his grip. At first, it was unclear were the needles came from, however, after the nurse dropped the 'empty' tray it became more obvious were there origin was. He glanced back at Micheal and Lucien, raising a brow as Micheal tried to push himself from the floor, his hands shaking as he hunched over on all fours. The slight sound of the other agents step caught his attention as his cold icy glare moved to him. "Don't make me waist the bullet.. " he spoke quietly, letting his subtle voice add fear to his heart. He raised his hands, releasing Mark and throwing the key to the cuffs onto the floor. Satisfied, Cylis whirled around to Sky, raising his brow at her. "Now you owe me $650,000.." Cylis added giving off yet another grin.

Though he would not say it, his powers were stronger for some reason. To move such objects often used more energy. It probably would have been better for him to ask Addison to do it, but he was smart enough to realize that rod would be a issue. It stopped spirits, but it didn't stop him. If these damn people spent less time asking there spirits to do something, and just doing it they would be better off. Perhaps she was not as cunning as he thought. Lucien stirred, thrashing the door away from him he shot a glare at Cylis. His eyes widened as his vision clear, Cylis had already raised his gun to shoot, and thankfully for Lucien, he was faster. He suddenly lunged forward into another room, skidding across the floor. The bullet had grazed his shoulder, causing him to wince in pain.

He gripped his arm, looking up towards the window. He tsked, angry that he had allowed this to happen. He was bitter, but he knew when it was time to leave, and that time was now. It Lucy was his spirit, he would find him again, and when he did, he suspected he might find Sky and Mark too.. With this is mind, he glance back at Micheal, who still sat on all fours, trying hard to control his breathing. "I be back.. " He muttered, suddenly jumping out into the window, bringing shattered glass with him. A sudden kick to the rod that had landed next to Micheal caused it to fling down the hall, bouncing off each wall and rolling to a soft stop. The pain quickly subsided from his chest as Anna held her hand gently against him, helping his heart get back into rhythm. The sound of sirens echoed in the distance. Of course they called the police.

Micheal flinched slightly as he adjusted himself, pushing himself back onto his rear, keeping his legs side saddled. As a light shadow hovered above him he glanced up, his thick ashy eyes darkening at the sight. Cylis stood above him, the barrel of his gun touching the stands on Micheal's forehead.

Before Cylis had a chance to pull the trigger, the gun flew out of his hand, skidding across the floor and hitting a wall. Then, in between him and Michael stood Sky. It was obvious that she was weak, worn, and exhausted from all the pain she endured. Dark circles underlined her green eyes, the vibrant spark of spunk and sass almost eliminated from her gaze. Not only did she look terrible, she felt terrible. Her whole body was sore and aching from the whole day of constant running and fighting. Yet she was stubborn and proud, and would not let this bastard hurt Michael. "What the hell do you think you're doing?" She snapped, glaring at him despite her exhaustion.

Long fingernails tapped against a desk impatiently, the steady rhythm causing the two beaten up men in front of the woman to shift uncomfortably, their gazes locked on the patterned carpet. Behind the desk sat a woman. She was tall and slender, with dark red hair carefully braided down her back, and vibrant, calculating hazel eyes framed with dark, lush lashes. Laying next to her hand lay a shining, silver pistol, gleaming in the golden light of the lamp. "So..." she said unhappily in her silky smooth voice, a frown passing her ruby red lips as she leaned back in her seat, "You lost all three of them?" The men gulped nervously, not saying a word. The woman sighed, closing her eyes and shaking her head. Lucien and his men were a bunch of headaches that Joanne always found herself taking care of. Wouldn't someone else control these tedious interviews?

"Renee, would you be a dear?" Joanne asked, seemingly to the thin air. Both men's faces paled, and one opened his mouth to speak. But it was much too late. They were much too slow, and Joanne was an impatient woman. The man who was just about to speak was flung backwards, slammed against the back wall by an invisible force. He was held there for a few moments before being dropped to the floor, the breath knocked out of his body. Joanna stood, stretching her arms above her head before strolling leisurely over to him, kneeling by his side and raising his chin with her delicate fingers. "Are you ready to talk, now?" she asked coolly, arching a delicate brow. Gulping, the man nodded. She listened quietly as he stammered out what happened in that hospital, her frown deepening as the story went off.

"So Lucien once again failed," Joanne said with a sigh, rising and waving her hand towards the door, "You two are dismissed. However, if you or anyone else happens to spot Lucien, send him to me immediately, understood?" The two nodded meakly before darting off, scampering out the door like frightened mice. Scowling, Joanne returned to the seat behind her desk, her hazel eyes narrowed and locked onto her computer screen, where files were downloading. Soon, every camera in the city would be operated by her, and she could succeed where Lucien failed. There was a reason why Joanne Yale was an executive of the CIA after all.

Micheal had shut his eyes in anticipation, his body shaking in fear. Fear of death. The sudden sound of the gun skidding across the floor caused him to jump, his eyes flickering up in fear. Sky? She was standing in front of him? Protecting him? But why? They barely knew each other. He never knew anyone who would go this far for him. Was this real? "Sky?" He whimpered slightly, looking up at her in disbelief. His hand softly tugged at her jeans. "Please don't.. " His hands shook. He was scared, he didn't want to die, but he cared more if she died because of him. After all of this.. Cylis raised a brow as his gun skidded across the floor, his gaze flickering up to Sky.

"What? You didn't think that voided my first contract did you? I protected all of you. That was the deal. Now that I have done that.. I still have a prior contract to for-fill. I told you, just because the benefactor dies, does not mean the contract does... You can give me that angry glare of yours all you want. But we both know I will kill that kid. You can either move.. or i'll make you move.. " His eyes narrowed as he spoke, his head tilting slightly in a challenging manor.

Sky grasped for something, anything, desperately, fumbling for an argument that would stop him. The contract... something about the contract.... It would be void, wouldn't it? Cylis had demanded double the pay, but he hadn't been paid yet. "The contract is void," she blurted out, continuing frantically, "You said he would have to pay you double to kill Michael. Well, since I'm your benefactor now, since the other bastard is dead, it is void due to nonpayment." Sky had no god damn idea if her argument would work or not, but she figured it was worth a shot. "And," she added quickly, "If you decide to ignore me and kill him anyways, I ain't paying a god damn dime."

He arched his brow at her, letting a smile stretch across his lips. "Interesting.. " He spoke quietly, letting his eyes flicker to Micheal, who still sat on the floor. For a moment, there was nothing but silence. A silence that tore at Micheal's heart, until suddenly Cylis burst into laughter, causing Micheal to jump slightly in surprise. "Well this is a surprise. You are good girl.. Very interesting indeed. Very well, the contract is off.. However, you still owe me half a mill. That will not be forgotten so easily. But for now, it's time to leave. " He suddenly turned on his heels, walking quietly down the hall. He had a safe house near by. They would discuss payment there.

Despite Marks uncertainty, the three followed Cylis to his safe house, both Mark and Sky on high alert. Though she had Cylis save them, she still didn't fully trust him. Mark, of course, didn't trust him at all, with good reason. So the two made a silent agreement to keep a close eye on him, also protecting Michael while they were at it. Once they reached the safe house, Sky did not hesitate to make herself comfortable, plopping down on the couch and laying back. "Ugh, good god I'm sick of those people," she muttered, closing her eyes.

Micheal found himself constantly separated by Mark, as he was sure to keep a blockade between him and Cylis. And although Micheal had noticed, he paid little attention to it, every once in a while holding his head. His head pounded, no doubt from the constant onset of pain he had to endure earlier. "Don't get to comfortable.. " he said dryly, glancing over at Michael. There eyes matched for a money before he gave him a almost acquired smile. "Don't forget girl, you owe me money..." He added, turning around to face Sky. "And I don't take well to delinquent accounts.

He made his way to the small kitchen, grabbing down a dirtied glass from the cubert. For someone who charged so much, he sure did have a shit hole place. Cylis looked over at Mark raising a brow. "Keep standing so close to him old man I might think your lovers.." He laughed to himself, pouring a think yellow liquid. No doubt some type of liquor.

Sky opened her eyes as Cylis spoke, telling her not to get too comfortable. She scowled at that, then proceeded to raise her hand and flick him off, resting her arms behind her head. "Look, hot rod," she said with a sigh, "How do you think I plan on paying ya? You said it yourself earlier. The bounty for me is half a million. Getting that money is easy. We 'turn me in', get the cash, then I escape, and you get your money. Then we go our separate ways. End of story." She gave a short bow before falling back onto the couch, closing her eyes again, "But before we do anything, I'm taking a damn nap."

He took a quick swing of the malt whiskey, cringing slightly at the intensity. "look, hot rod.. " He raised a brow at her as she spoke. Slowly he walked from the kitchen over to the couch, smirking slightly as she flipped him off boldly. As she continued, he suddenly hovered over her, placing a hand on the back of the couch and the other on the seat, leaning closer. "Hot rod huh? You think I am hot? How flattering.. But ah, your not my type.. " His closeness was enough to make anyone uncomfortable, his breath strong of mint and liquor. He went to continue, only to be cut off by the sound of soft beeping on his side.

He paused, glancing down at the pager on his hip. It flashed S across the screen. He grunted slightly pulling away from her. "Seem's I have somewhere to be, I'll be back in the morning.. And ah, don't think about leaving... Addison wont let you even if you tried.. " He laughed a bit, walking over to the door, he gave Mark a visous grin, then glanced over to Micheal before slamming the door shut with a thud. Unlike others he could leave his ghost anywhere he pleased. He didn't believe Sky would leave, and even if she did, he'd find her. Slowly he walked down the dark street, letting the wind toss his hair about.

Micheal for a moment, stood silently, looking up at Mark. What were they talking about? Turning Sky in? He didn't understand, but before he could ask Cylis had left and Sky had seemed all to comfortable to bother. So he'd ask them in the morning.

"Um.. Thank you.. For saving me.. but.. who are you.. " He looked up at Mark, patiently waiting for an answer. He wanted to ask Sky the same question, why she protected him, but he didn't want to bother her. So for now, he'd just ask mark..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back