Music What kind of music are you into right now?

I swear... we have like at least three of these threads going on already. BUT, I never get tired of flexing my musical tastes:

Black Metal

Hardcore Punk

Aggrotech/EBM

Neue Deutsche Härte

Nu Metal

Southern Rock

And there are a whole bunch of other genres and sub-genres I could get into. But I'll be here for like another hour posting links to them all.

Last edited:
I swear... we have like at least three of these threads going on already. BUT, I never get tired of flexing my musical tastes:

Black Metal

Hardcore Punk

Aggrotech/EBM

Neue Deutsche Härte

Nu Metal

Southern Rock

And there are a whole bunch of other genres and sub-genres I could get into. But I'll be here for like another hour posting links to them all.

Oh, I didn't know that there were already threads for this -

I actually listened to a few of the links you sent, they're cool songs!

Oh, I didn't know that there were already threads for this -
No worries, people often repeat topics of a lot of the same subjects. Another popular topic is something having to do with "how long have you been RPing, or where did you RP before, etc."

I actually listened to a few of the links you sent, they're cool songs!
glad you liked em. most of my music tastes are from groups from the 70's, 80's and 90's.

No worries, people often repeat topics of a lot of the same subjects. Another popular topic is something having to do with "how long have you been RPing, or where did you RP before, etc."

glad you liked em. most of my music tastes are from groups from the 70's, 80's and 90's.
Ah, I see.

I don't believe I've listened to a whole lot of 80's before, though I do like a lot of alternative rock from that time!

Ah, I see.

I don't believe I've listened to a whole lot of 80's before, though I do like a lot of alternative rock from that time!
I'm... not even sure they called it "alternative" at the time.
You had thrash and hair metal, heavy metal, glam... etc
I'm fairly certain I remember the alternative prefix becoming a thing in the 90s. I actually never understood the prefix anymore, tbh. It USED to mean that itt was an alternative to the mainstream, the Pop music. But now alternative is super popular, and is effectively the antithesis to what it stands for. Like people who use the word "literally" in a figurative manner. Or gothic tumblr girls. lol

I'm... not even sure they called it "alternative" at the time.
You had thrash and hair metal, heavy metal, glam... etc
I'm fairly certain I remember the alternative prefix becoming a thing in the 90s. I actually never understood the prefix anymore, tbh. It USED to mean that itt was an alternative to the mainstream, the Pop music. But now alternative is super popular, and is effectively the antithesis to what it stands for. Like people who use the word "literally" in a figurative manner. Or gothic tumblr girls. lol
Oh was it from the 90s? Whoops. Oh gosh "or gothic tumblr girls" 😂😂 That threw me off, I'm wheezing right now.

But huh, that is interesting. I mean, some alternative music stays true to that, there are some alternative songs that literally font fit into any other genre of music, making them alternative.

Oh was it from the 90s? Whoops. Oh gosh "or gothic tumblr girls" 😂😂 That threw me off, I'm wheezing right now.
I mean, don't hold me up in court on that. I've just never heard of anything being called alternative before the 90s.

But huh, that is interesting. I mean, some alternative music stays true to that, there are some alternative songs that literally font fit into any other genre of music, making them alternative.
You mean like a cover song? Or a rendition of an older song? Have you ever heard of Love Song, by The Cure? There's like dozens of covers of it. But the song itself is pretty generic, tbh. I'm not a huge The Cure fan. But they are like textbook goth rock from the 80s.

Ah, I'm gonna a look it up cause now I'm actually really interested in finding out!

Oh I know that song! I like the original. And what I mean is that some songs don't fit the criteria for the other genres. Such as no instruments, so it can't be rock, classical, or country. But, it isn't fully electronic, so it's not techno or any sub genre of techno. It doesn't meet the catchy feel of hip hop or pop, seeing as it isn't fully electronic or have any instruments. Songs that don't meet the criteria for other genres are alternative. At least, that's how I see it.

Ah, I'm gonna a look it up cause now I'm actually really interested in finding out!

Oh I know that song! I like the original. And what I mean is that some songs don't fit the criteria for the other genres. Such as no instruments, so it can't be rock, classical, or country. But, it isn't fully electronic, so it's not techno or any sub genre of techno. It doesn't meet the catchy feel of hip hop or pop, seeing as it isn't fully electronic or have any instruments. Songs that don't meet the criteria for other genres are alternative. At least, that's how I see it.
These are my Two favorite renditions of Love song. I like them both better than the original. Most people in my age group are also familiar with the 311 version.

And I know what you mean. Like the Sound of Silence song. Originally by Simon and Garfunkle. but covered by Disturbed, yeah?

It actually kind of annoys me that some people thought that was an original song by Disturbed. But its the same kind of people that thought Sweet Dreams was an original Marilyn Manson song. lol

These are my Two favorite renditions of Love song. I like them both better than the original. Most people in my age group are also familiar with the 311 version.

And I know what you mean. Like the Sound of Silence song. Originally by Simon and Garfunkle. but covered by Disturbed, yeah?

It actually kind of annoys me that some people thought that was an original song by Disturbed. But its the same kind of people that thought Sweet Dreams was an original Marilyn Manson song. lol
Ah, I wasn't really thinking of covers of songs being alternative, but you have a point! Also gosh I love the orig Sound of Silence -

I haven't heard Sweet Dreams but now I'm curious so I'm going to search it up on Spotify!

Yeah, I like the Simon and Garfunkle's version better, too. Nothing against the Eurythmics, but I like Manson's version of Sweet Dreams more. Actually, I think the entire Antichrist Superstar album was probably the best put together album that their band ever made. Down in the Park is another good cover they did. The original is by Gary Numan.

ive always been really like behind when it comes to music, i get most of my discography from parents or friends kajshdkg but i recently found the bands half alive and i don't know how but they found me, and i really like them! O:

the last few days though i have been listening to nothing but anime OPs and the sing soundtrack OTL 💦

I've been bouncing from a random play list of chill step to just thrashing metal of Otep. It just depends on my mood.

my music taste is soooo bad im sorry

I'm huge into 2000s rock, but right now, my favorite songs that resonate with me are

Popular Monster - Falling in Reverse
The Good Life - Three Days Grace
So Cold - Breaking Benjamin
Whispers in the Dark - Skillet

And when I'm wanting to party

Party Rock Anthem - LMFAO

I listen to all sorts of genres of music, ranging from Disney and classical to heavy metal, rock, and pop. I don't particularly care what something is, as long as I like it. As of right now and a band I tend to return to frequently is a Swedish avante-garde metal by the name of Diablo Swing Orchestra. I tend to get in moods and will either listen to a single or small group of songs or an album/soundtrack or band on repeat until something else gets stuck in my head and I move onto it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back