Other What is your universe character trinity?

Zeev

I'm very pretentious
What I mean by this, is, what is the three characters of your universe that would pretty much be its mascots. (In your OC Universe.)

Is it because of what a formidable trio they make in combat? because they represent in part the best aspects of morality or human? are they simply the most important?

examples of other trinities are Marvel with Captain America, Thor, Ironman.

or DC's Wonder woman, Batman, Superman.

(Heyo hope you don't mind me bumbling into an old thread with no replies)

Well I have multiple OC universes of varying levels of completeness. Though the two verses I've put the most time and passion into are Nightmare Hunter and Gauss. Nightmare Hunter is actually pretty underdeveloped as far as settings go, kind of a generic steampunk fantasy/supernatural setting tbh. Had a few attempts at fleshing it out that didn't get too much traction. But the three main characters are a power trio (Khy, Alduir and Raiah), and they're OCs I've recycled and reworked a ton over the past ten years or so, and I'm always prime to RP them for whatever.

Khy is an archer who uses magical trick arrows and a collection of the original gear of the Nightmare Hunter Order; an order of demon hunters within the setting which in the main story is mostly killed off. Raiah is a teenage mad scientist girl who builds weapons and machines of an obtuse level of technology within the setting. Alduir is the adult of the group who is gifted with Ateria, one of the seven Chakra spirits who grant their users powerful abilities. His is the third eye chakra granting him immense psychic potential.

I always thought of the three as a Mind-Body-Spirit triple. Khy is the most physical and martial. Raiah works with her intelligence to build things and think up plans. Alduir relies on his spiritual knowledge.

You also get three completely different fighting styles. Khy relies on range, agility and trick arrows. Puts distance between himself and the enemy and fires off trick arrows until he finds one his enemy is weak to. Alduir being a psychic often chooses to circumvent physical combat completely, only carrying a basic sword for self defense, and instead attacks the minds of his opponents, or reads them so well he can beat them with just a simple sword. Raiah's strategies tend to work around the doctrine of "if brute force doesn't work, you're not using enough of it.".

Gauss is a scifi setting I've made. There's LOADS of characters present in it, albeit at a lower level of development, and picking just three would be very difficult. Theres several major civilizations in it, each one has at least a few key characters originating from it. So picking just three would leave entire sections of the setting unrepresented.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back