Advice/Help What if I wanted to...

Agent

Lance
...make a RP with game mechanics like those seen in Fire Emblem?
Fire Emblem is a tactical RPG where you deploy several units and fight through an army of enemies using melee and magic. Everyone is a different class, all of which use different types of weapons and have different roles. Units can promote into a stronger class, which makes them stronger and usually allows them to wield more than one weapon type. Oh and by the way, weapons break and are destroyed after being used enough times. You wanna know something else that you lose permanently? People. When your units have their health depleted, they die, and you can't get them back. However, we could just tweak the difficulty to allow people to not permadie. The bonds between units can improve their ability in battle, or standing on certain terrain to decrease the chance of a unit of getting hit. I don't think I can go into much more detail without talking about game mechanics... in EXCRUCIATING DETAIL.
I've done it before, and the players got halfway through my campaign before we gave up.

However, it's not just an RP based on Fire Emblem- wait, wait... yeah, it is actually. Anyways, so we'd have like... 9 characters that would have to decide amongst themselves on who would participate in a battle, since I don't have the patience to handle more than 6 players.
I got a lot of... 'things' premade like art, sprites, and paperwork that I could use again if I did this.

tl:dr, If I wanted to make an RP thats like Fire Emblem, would that possibly work?

That's not only possible, it's been done before several times in both the fantasy section, fandom section, and the dice section. If you want to copy the mechanics right from the game you might want to go with the fantasy or fandom section, depending on how much you're using the game world/characters. If you want to base it around a system like D&D, where skill points and dice rolls determine things, the Dice Section is the place to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back