What if every Role play on this site was deleted right now?

Sugary_Paragraphs

Dope with a Sugar Problem
<p>

My question is exactly what the title says. And I'm not saying just roleplays that had been made in the following hour, day, or even week. I'm talkin' <strong>EVERY ROLEPLAY. </strong>Every category, even the hosted projects, just wiped clean of role plays. Even the long-lasting ones that had been made years before I was even on this site. What do you think would happen if all the roleplays were deleted? Do you think people would rage-quit and never get on RPNation again? Or do you think people would give it a second shot?

</p>

Last edited by a moderator:
I mostly do 1v1s. Actually, I almost exclusively do 1v1s, so I backed-up all the IC replies and the lore tab, if there was one.

Ah. Guess that saves you and whoever you 1X1 with xD Still, what about the majority of the site, though? Most people have...aggressive reactions when it comes to progress being lost in an instant, so do you think people would quit the site if this event had ever happened?

i think this would cause a world war lmao

rip to everyone's hard work

constellation said:
i think this would cause a world war lmao
rip to everyone's hard work
Yeah. Imagine, all those posts from those role plays that have like 200+ replies IC, just suddenly-POOF-gone. The Hysteria would be real.

Most of RPNations community is made up of rather calm people. It also depends if The Dark Wizard would notify us of this so everyone would have a chance to backup their RP's. But if it came rather suddenly and without notice I'm pretty sure a majority of people may be angry at an OC, RP,or friendly post just getting wiped away, I myself would probably remain on the site but I'd have to wait for another roleplay to occur.

omfg rip

just thinking about it makes me cry lool but heck i'm pretty sure everyone would go slightly crazy. imagine going to bed after writing some good stuff then bam it's gone the next morning. D:

constellation said:
omfg rip
just thinking about it makes me cry lool but heck i'm pretty sure everyone would go slightly crazy. imagine going to bed after writing some good stuff then bam it's gone the next morning. D:
Just imagine the person who pees their pants in protest.

Reznor said:
Most of RPNations community is made up of rather calm people. It also depends if The Dark Wizard would notify us of this so everyone would have a chance to backup their RP's. But if it came rather suddenly and without notice I'm pretty sure a majority of people may be angry at an OC, RP,or friendly post just getting wiped away, I myself would probably remain on the site but I'd have to wait for another roleplay to occur.
It would come rather suddenly, no warning or anything. Still, you're right though. RPN has some pretty dedicated people who'd probably be fine with a complete restart. Still, you have to feel sorry for some groups like the hardcore BBcoders xD

constellation said:
omfg rip
Going to sleep and suddenly waking up to find every Roleplay and thread in RPN gone would honestly give me a heart attack D:

Well as Mordecai said I mostly do 1x1s and I have all my plots saved on GDocs. Plus most of my friends on here I talk to via Skype.

So even if all the roleplays were deleted I'd be fine. I can't speak for my friends but I think at least two of them wouldn't care either.

And honestly it would depend on why it happened. Like if the site was hacked or like with the new update.

If I got something out of it or if it's outside the Staffs control than I'm hardly going to get mad.

Plus this is like legions better than literally every other roleplay site on the planet.

It would have to shut down completely before I'd stop signing on.

nerdyfangirl said:
Well as Mordecai said I mostly do 1x1s and I have all my plots saved on GDocs. Plus most of my friends on here I talk to via Skype.
So even if all the roleplays were deleted I'd be fine. I can't speak for my friends but I think at least two of them wouldn't care either.

And honestly it would depend on why it happened. Like if the site was hacked or like with the new update.

If I got something out of it or if it's outside the Staffs control than I'm hardly going to get mad.

Plus this is like legions better than literally every other roleplay site on the planet.

It would have to shut down completely before I'd stop signing on.
This site is just like an actual nation.

If it's ever down, its people, no matter what country, will find ways to bring it back up. :D

Grey said:
I've got backups and so do many of my players.
Jesus Christ! So many people backing up roleplays! I didn't even know you could backup roleplays! It's comforting to know there are people out there who are so prepared!

I, and one of my players, lost some useful setting information when administration archived a Hosted Project and I've been paranoid since.

Grey said:
I, and one of my players, lost some useful setting information when administration archived a Hosted Project and I've been paranoid since.
How DO you back up Roleplays? And when you back them up, do they really save every response in every tab?

Oh, I just copy/paste them into a Google doc. I tend to go with vital character and setting information over actual posts, so that the story can continue after any significant changes or losses.

And it helps all my settings are written up in books sooner or later, so I can easily re-use content.

Grey said:
Oh, I just copy/paste them into a Google doc. I tend to go with vital character and setting information over actual posts, so that the story can continue after any significant changes or losses.
And it helps all my settings are written up in books sooner or later, so I can easily re-use content.
Huh. Handy! :D

@SpicyLickiTung

To expand on what @Grey said if your wanting to save a roleplay - I would focus mostly on just the story mechanics ( I tend to type that up on GDocs prior to posting it anyway and I just save the first draft ).

And if you would like the actual posts a good thing to do is just have like a "continuing story" where you just summarize everything that has happened right now.

Like prior to the site update if your worried about things being lost just make a summary of where the roleplay is IC. And then save all the lore and such and voila.

Even if you did lose the actual posts you've got an easy point to start any reboots with without having to worry about - well who was where doing what?

I haven't backed up anything other than my characters, but I think that even if all the rps were deleted, I'd likely still sick around and join new ones. I'd pick up where I left off in one on ones since I'd probably still remember vaguely what happened last. The main thing I like about this site is the community, and even if a lot of people rage quit, I think enough players are dedicated enough to the site to stick around. If enough people dropped out I'd possibly start using another site in addition to this one, but I have a feeling that even if it was enough to get most people to quit, there'd still be a lot of good players here.

This section of the internet would die in a hellstorm.

Some may back up their things in docs or even have them written down on a pad of paper, but I'm pretty sure there's a ton more people that would be absolutely devastated. Like... no more cookies in the cookie jar devastated. Like you just got your birthday cake and your sibling just came over and smacked it to the ground devastated. Like your favorite character in your favorite series just got blown to oblivion for no logical reason. LIKE WWE'S SCRIPTING LETTING YOU DOWN EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. DX

aa0.png

that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back