What goes bump in the night

Adrian laughed. "Nothing of the sort. Even if it were, though, the terms of our bet are between me and her. No snooping," he said with a chiding wink. "And I don't expect her to leave her room anytime soon. She seems to be taking this very seriously, so she'll probably train well into the evening. I'm only down here because I'm hungry enough to eat an elephant!" He laughed again.

Samuel's eyes grew wide as their food arrived. They grew even wider when he saw the size of Adrian's steak. "...That looks like a whole elephant right there," he said with a chuckle.

"Hehe, I guarantee that it tastes much better," Adrian replied as he started cutting his steak into rough pieces. He turned a humored eye to Neimi. "Ah, speaking of dates...you and Samuel seem quite close."

Haiku decided food was becoming a priority so she walked down the stairs. She noticed the people at the table but ignored them, walking past and grabbing food from off the line. Her hair hung down her back messily and her skin was still streaked slightly with sweat. She glanced absently at Adrian before walking outside with her food.

"I have not the slightest clue what you're talking about." Neimi raised her eyebrows. "But there goes your girlfriend out the door."

"Whatever you say," Adrian merely replied with a shrug, and began eating. Samuel followed suit, inwardly a little crushed. He took a large bite of his sandwich. It was quite delicious, and was more food than he'd ever had in a single day, but he was currently having a little trouble enjoying it.

Neimi noticed that Samuel's demeanor seemed to have changed. "Samuel, after we eat, would you like to go walking on the beach with me? I want to find another good place for me to sleep at night."

---

Haiku sat outside the window, glancing in. There was her opponent and she wanted desperately to defeat him. His very presence distracted her and he didn't like it.

Vojta finished climbing up the last rung of the metal ladder leading to the roof, with a sandwich in a bag and some bottled water in tow, along with his field journal. He walked over to the ledge of the roof and sat down quietly, opening his bag lunch and proceeding to eat. However, he didn't notice that his choice of seating was right over Haiku as she was distracted by Adrian through the window. He noticed that the beach had signs of a scuffle, and began comparing it to his previous drawings of the surrounding landscape. In doing so, he distracted himself from holding the sandwich, which proceeded out of his grasp faster than he could say 'Oops.' For the first time since sitting, he noticed the landing spot for his beloved turkey, lettuce and tomato sandwich: Haiku's head. Grabbing his water bottle and field journal, he ran as fast as he could to the other side of the roof and silently hoped, nay prayed that he had moved out of vision befor- *Splat*

When it landed, Haiku froze. She started trying to count to ten; she only got to three. "WHO THE BLOODY HELL DID THAT?!?!" She jumped up, noticing a blur on top of the roof that looked presumably like the vampire from before. ".....VOJTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Samuel blinked out of his daze when Neimi spoke. He swallowed his bite of sandwich to respond. "Ah...sure," he said with a small grin, but still seemed a tiny bit deflated. He didn't know why he was saddened; its not like there was any reason for them to be closer than acquaintances. Being anything better than strangers was a huge improvement to Samuel's past relationships with anyone, to be honest.

Adrian raised an eyebrow as he ate but didn't speak. He thought it a little humorous that there was nothing between the two, yet Neimi was inviting Samuel along to find a bed...

Suddenly they heard Haiku scream at Vojta. Adrian stood, puzzled, and headed out while gesturing to Samuel and Neimi to stay put and that he would handle it. He arrived on the scene to see Haiku livid and covered in sandwich. He had to use all his willpower to not laugh. "Uh...you alright?" he said, struggling to keep a straight face (even though he was grinning regardless).

Last edited by a moderator:
Neimi was already finished and eager to when she wrinkled her nose. ".....what died in here?"

----

".....your....friend....on the roof.....dropped this on me." Haiku reddened. Of all the people to come to her aid, it had to be the one person that she didn't want to be around because he made her feel uncomfortable.

Vojta was sweating bullets. He opened his journal, wrote a quick date down, followed by 'RIP Turkey sandwich, lost in the field of battle.', before tucking it under his arm, picking up the water bottle, and sliding down the ladder. The moment he hit solid ground, he took off toward his room, throwing his journal and bottle in a duffel bag, and hiding in the closet.

Meurte's ears twitched a little at the mention of death. The were-cat had seemed distant around him, it was entirely possible her senses were able to pick up something that others were not about his figure. He didn't care though as long as she didn't confront him about it, and took another swig of water.

"Ah, my apologies," Adrian said as he took the sandwich off of her head. "He must have been concentrating hard on something else, otherwise he wouldn't have been so careless. I'll ask him to apologize in person next I see him." He cocked his head slightly. "Er...wouldn't you rather eat in the dining hall? There's plenty of room at our table if you'd like to join us."

-----

Samuel furrowed his brow in puzzlement at Neimi's comment before he realized what she must be referring to. "Ah. Muerte must be nearby, I would guess."

"I'll come in after I catch him." Haiku began striding into the building, heading upstairs. She knew where Vojta's room was and she wanted to take out her anger and embarrassment on him.

----

Neimi sighed. "I don't know if it's possible for one being to make my nose curl up in distaste more. Anyways, shall we go and find out what's going-" It was then that Haiku strode past in a huff. "....on?"

Muerte set aside his dishes and walked out. Something inside him . . . desired to speak. He couldn't explain it, but as he passed by the were-cat and her companion, he opened his mouth.

"Perhaps you don't know yourself as well as you think you do."

He didn't turn around or even alter his voice as he walked out the door.

Samuel sighed. "Don't mind him. He's not actually that bad of a guy, but he...well, he lacks empathy. Anyway, shall we head to the beach?" he said with a gesture to the door. As they left, Adrian passed them with a wave. "I should follow Haiku, and make sure she sorts it out with Vojta," he said as he headed off towards his room. Samuel and Neimi soon reached the sandy beach outside.

-----

Adrian, meanwhile, barely reached the top of the stairs as Haiku arrived at the door to his room. He hung back a bit, remaining in the stairwell. Maybe Vojta would reconcile without his aid...

Vojta came to a horrifying revelation that Haiku knew exactly where he would be since he and Adrian shared a room. He opened the window and climbed out, grabbing his journal as he left. He ran off to the beach, leaving very obvious footprints as he ran. He then doubled back, threw some sand in the room, and ran to get into the tree which he had spied on Samuel from. He climbed up a decent amount, set the book in a cranny in the tree, and tried to blend in as best as possible.

Haiku was on a rampage as she burst into the room. She saw the sand on the floor; was it a trick? Did the foolish creature believe that she was that naive? Like an angry tornado, she jumped through the window, landing expertly on her feet and began combing the entire area for the offending person.

----

Neimi didn't look at Samuel as she spoke. "....so....you were the one who found Kerza, right?"

Adrian sighed. Oh well, so much for his optimism. He ran into the room, closed the door, and leapt out the window. He deftly rolled as he landed, righting himself, and striding over to Haiku. "Don't bother, Haiku. If there's anyone I wouldn't want to play hide-and-seek with, it would be Vojta. He seems to vanish into thin air sometimes, I swear," he said with a chuckle and a shake of his head. "Besides, you wouldn't want to be distracted by something so trivial. Or have you resigned yourself to defeat?" he said with a good-natured taunting grin.

-----

"Indeed," Samuel said as they walked. "She had sustained some rather serious wounds from a shark or something of the sort, but I was able to treat her wounds rather easily with my, ah, talents," he said, unconsciously pocketing his hands. "She seems friendly enough. I hope the commander lets her stay."

Roy squinted slightly at the question of his commitment, "I know, and I welcome the possibility. It would certainly add some flavor to my existence. Just so you know, I will be relaying information to the Lt. He's very interested in your operation." He started for the door. "If that's all ya had to say, sir?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Vojta held his breath and forced his heart to calm down. 'It was an accident, and yet she comes at me like she's on a warpath! He thought. 'I hope Kindjal can at least calm her down some. I do want to apologize, I just... need my personal space to do it.' He mentally sighed. 'Hiding will have to do for now.' He thought, melding into the shadow of the tree. 'I'll have to watch the sun's position, depending on how long I'm up here. Don't want to suddenly get caught by any light.'

"Yes. It may seem trivial to a soldier like yourself, but I make a point that everyone knows what they're getting into. You are dismissed, Roy."

The Lt. was interested in their operations was he? That could be either very good or very bad . . . without much in-between. On the good, he would be positively interested and help gather resources as well as funding for the PDA. On the bad . . . he was looking for ways to improve military tech for his nation . . . which was something Shepard held a strict policy against. He would have to keep a close eye on that. With that in mind, he turned his gaze to Kerza.

"Now, your name is Kerza is it not? You can let down that bubble, no one come in through that door unless I tell them to."

Kerza looked around and spotted a decently large vase. The water surrounding her flew into the vase to make sure that she could pick it back up later. "...okay...."

----

"...oh...okay...." Neimi sighed, looking away. "Well, she's pretty isn't she?" She was probing, trying to figure out if she had competition for Samuel's friendship or not.

----

Haiku glared at him. "The hell I've resigned myself to defeat. Be prepared to get your rear end handed to you." She stood, arms crossed, give him a death stare. She then continued to scan around looking for the vampire. "I will find him eventually." Her voice rose so that it echoed around the area. "And when I do, I'm going to teach him the meaning of pain."

"Now, "

Shepard folded his fingers as he looked into the eyes of the creature in front of him

"Miss Kerza, this may seem rather forward of me, especially given the suddenness of your arrival, but my position forces my hand. The place you have landed is called the Paranormal Defense Agency, it is here that we watch on the darker side of the world, and protect people from it. I understand that you have no recollection of what has happened before the last two years. We have means of maybe restoring your memories, or at least find out what happened to them, but I would ask for your help in return."

Roy started walking back to the air strip when he heard yelling. He followed the sound to Haiku yelling at Vojta.

"Who you gonna be teaching missy? I might wanna watch. Learn a thing or two myself."

"Bahaha!" Adrian laughed, utterly unfazed. "Whatever you say, miss. Unless Havran comes to you, he's practically invisible." He chuckled again and was quiet for a few seconds before muttering, apparently to himself, "I'm not sure if I can wait until dusk. This'll be fun!"

-----

Samuel reddened slightly as he walked. "Y-yes, she is rather...er, attractive. Her smile and laugh are rather infectious." Inwardly he wondered why Neimi was asking him this. His grin fell suddenly as a though occurred to him. "She can't remember her past, it seems...I do hope that she isn't worrying a significant other, or family for that matter. That would be atrocious!" He was staring straight forward as he mused. He was too sheepish to look Neimi in the eye at the moment.

Kerza blinked once, then twice. "....ummm....I guess.....I can help you, if you help me?" She was very unsure of what was going on; she had come up on shore for once and she was no getting recruited?

----

"I'll take out all of your partner's malignancies on you, then, Adrian." Haiku marched off in a huff, willing herself to not become even more angry.

----

"....so...you're...attracted...to...her...?" Neimi's ears laid back a bit and her eyes took on a slightly saddened look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back