Video Games What Fire Emblem Games should I get?

Iskandar

Doujin Expert
So, after my failed attempt of playing FE Heroes on my outdated smartphone, I have been thinking of getting a 3DS and some of the Fire Emblem games. I really like JRPGs, but have not played many. So, which Fire Emblem games should I get? Also, which one has the best "waifu" and "Husbando" material?

Thanks, Koss!

There actually isn't a huge variety to choose from: only four games for the DS have been released outside Japan.

So, the first one is Shadow Dragon for the DS, which is the remake and translation of the very first game in the series. No waifu or husbando here, because there's no marriage system or even a support system.

Marriage doesn't come in until Awakening for the 3DS, which is the one I recommend you play first.

The next game, Fates, branches into two separate games: Birthright and Conquest. Birthright is a little easier because you can grind your army outside the main storyline. Both have an additional homosexual marriage option to one character, female for Birthright and male for Conquest. You can also get Revelations, which lets you play through both games.

The latest game to come out is Echoes, which is another remake of an older game in the series. I haven't played this one yet, though, so I don't know much about it.

There actually isn't a huge variety to choose from: only four games for the DS have been released outside Japan.

So, the first one is Shadow Dragon for the DS, which is the remake and translation of the very first game in the series. No waifu or husbando here, because there's no marriage system or even a support system.

Marriage doesn't come in until Awakening for the 3DS, which is the one I recommend you play first.

The next game, Fates, branches into two separate games: Birthright and Conquest. Birthright is a little easier because you can grind your army outside the main storyline. Both have an additional homosexual marriage option to one character, female for Birthright and male for Conquest. You can also get Revelations, which lets you play through both games.

The latest game to come out is Echoes, which is another remake of an older game in the series. I haven't played this one yet, though, so I don't know much about it.

I see. Then once I can get a 3DS i shall take your advice into consideration. Awakening was the one I was thinking of getting, as it is the one I know the most about.

So if I wanted to play Birthright and Conquest I should get Revelations? Or Fates?

Also, thank you for the advice/recommendations!

I see. Then once I can get a 3DS i shall take your advice into consideration. Awakening was the one I was thinking of getting, as it is the one I know the most about.

So if I wanted to play Birthright and Conquest I should get Revelations? Or Fates?

Also, thank you for the advice/recommendations!

Fates is the name of the games, Birthright and Conquest are the titles, and Revelations is both the titles together. If you want to play both titles, get Revelations.

It makes no sense, I know. : P

Fates is the name of the games, Birthright and Conquest are the titles, and Revelations is both the titles together. If you want to play both titles, get Revelations.

It makes no sense, I know. : P
*Sigh*

Anyway, thank you guys for the advice!

I think I will get Awakening first(Friendo said it was the best one)

Revelations is only available digitally though. If you want it, you would have to get Birthright and/or Conquest.

Also, Echoes is a remake of the Blacksheep of the series, so you shouldn't expect alot of its features to be in other games.

I also believe Blazing Blade and Sacred Stones are in Virtual Console for the Wii U, right.

If you're looking for 'waifus' and 'husbandos', then you're probably best starting with Fates or Awakening. They both have very weak stories, but the game does pander to people who enjoy good looking and entertaining anime characters. Echoes, the newest installment has a much stronger story, but it is probably not a very good game to start off with. It is most enjoyable after you play previous installments.

Judging by what you are looking for, I would buy Awakening first to see if you like the gameplay and then maybe integrate into Fates afterwards.

If you're looking for 'waifus' and 'husbandos', then you're probably best starting with Fates or Awakening. They both have very weak stories, but the game does pander to people who enjoy good looking and entertaining anime characters. Echoes, the newest installment has a much stronger story, but it is probably not a very good game to start off with. It is most enjoyable after you play previous installments.

Judging by what you are looking for, I would buy Awakening first to see if you like the gameplay and then maybe integrate into Fates afterwards.

Ah! It is the other Masq!

Will do though! I shall heed your advice

My personal favorites are Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn. You'll have to emulate these on dolphin unless you're willing to pay a small fortune for them.

If you aren't into pirating, Conquest is easy to get your hands on. It's quite superb since it has objectives other than route the enemy as opposed to Birthright and Awakening which ONLY have route the enemy. But, like the people above mentioned, conquest isn't as friendly as Birthright or Awakening. Echoes, although very enjoyable, isn't a good starter since it's so different from any other FE game.

So, after my failed attempt of playing FE Heroes on my outdated smartphone, I have been thinking of getting a 3DS and some of the Fire Emblem games. I really like JRPGs, but have not played many. So, which Fire Emblem games should I get? Also, which one has the best "waifu" and "Husbando" material?

Thanks, Koss!

Best Waifus = Fire Emblem Fates Conquest
Best Husbandos = Fire Emblem Fates Birthright
Best Mix = Fire Emblem Awakening/Fire Emblem Fates Revelations

Play FE 4/5 Genealogy of the Holy Wars / Thracia 776 everything else is shite

Sorry I just had to fulfill the elitist asshole quota on all FE topics. xD JK I actually love the FE fandom, and all the games! (Well...almost all.....)

I agree Awakening is a great starting point! Since it has newbie-friendly mechanics and (in my opinion!) a more solid story / characters than Fates. Plus you only have to buy 1 game as opposed to 3. xD But idk if there is a game so bad it could kill the series for you if you like the overall format. I mean personally my first FE game was Shadow Dragon which most people hate! But Hell I love that game and it was enough to keep me here burning in the flames--

Hope whatever you choose it's a great experience for you, and if you like the waifu simulators, feel no fear to venture into some of the older titles (I promise there are great waifus and husbandos in there, too ;) ). Echoes could be a great Segway.

I'm a little late to the party, but my favorite out of the 3DS ones is definitely Awakening. Then Fates. Conquest is more challenging and has a better story than Birthright. I don't like Echos as much since you can't customize the characters.

I absolutely love Fire Emblem. You really cant go wrong with any of them, but if you're new to the series, Awakening and/Or Echoes might be the ones you want to try for a new player-friendly experience. Fates is good too, but I think it assumes a bit more familiarity with the gameplay than the others, so I'd suggest doing that one after you decide whether or not you like Awakening/Echoes. As others have said, Birthright is way easier, and Conquest is what you want if you're looking for a challenge.

The GBA games might be worth checking out as well. You can easily play them on an emulator, and in my opinion, the combat is a bit more interesting and much more challenging than Awakening/Fates.

Awakening's combat is downright broken. The game was over if spent 15 minutes to grind because Robin (your player) is just that op. Especially female Robin.

Fates was slightly better. Birthright is basically Awakening because you can just grind. Conquest was much more interesting, but don't come there for story. Fates' story, by the way, is usually... garbage. But the cutscenes look nice, so there's that. Revelations introduces some neat maps, and is basically a full game for 20€, or $20.

If you're interested in story, go get Awakening, because I found it to be much better written and engaging than previous titles. If you like cool combat, get Conquest and try out some of the older GBA titles (The Binding Blade, The Blazing Blade and The Sacred Stones). GBA pixel graphics are also pretty charming, but to each his own. Revelations is optional, because you can basically just grind your way through it, but it completes Fates' story and if you're wondering why the hell everything happened as it happened, go there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back