What fandom do you hate for a stupid reason?

hopenalive

The dagger to the sword
I'm not sure if this is a discussion or a game so whatever.

But I have a few fandoms I hate for various stupid reasons.

Like undertail most people hate the fandom. I hated that my friends were so pushy and unless your looking for lore the game is fairly... Boring. Ngl.

Wings of fire. Now I don't mind the books that are good but the art style the fan base uses mostly.

Omg I can't. Wings don't attach to the shoulder like that. Ahhhhh. Again I like the book but I dislike the whole thing for that stupid crap. Idk I just can't get over it and I know it's dumb. And I respect people who like it.

So what are your dumb reasons to hate a fandom book or anything else?

Being the contrarian I am I basically hate any fandom that is extremely popular and heavily pushed on me. Even more so if the fandom is obsessed with shipping the characters. I'm not into that sort of thing at all.

I'm sure you can imagine just from this that most of the things I'm into are quite obscure.

The Walking Dead. I also had my friends swear that I would really like it. I forget what season they were in, but they had me watch like three or four episodes in a row, and I was like... wtf even IS this? Super boring. Lots of jabber-jabber with just the element of zombies as a backdrop. Also, I asked how long it was that these zombies had been around. They couldn't give me an exact timeline. But the kid with the cowboy hat was a boy at the start and was now a teen. So several years at least. And I was like.... so how are there still zombies? If the world was overrun at the beginning, and it took out the most of the population, and clearly the zombies decompose. Where the hell are all these zombies coming from years later? It just doesn't add up.

Also, Game of Thrones is really overrated. WAY too much talking and boring political/court intrigue bs (yet another TV show that my friends thought I would like). I feel like the series as a whole just tried way too hard. Quite simply, it didn't live up to the hype

The Walking Dead. I also had my friends swear that I would really like it. I forget what season they were in, but they had me watch like three or four episodes in a row, and I was like... wtf even IS this? Super boring. Lots of jabber-jabber with just the element of zombies as a backdrop. Also, I asked how long it was that these zombies had been around. They couldn't give me an exact timeline. But the kid with the cowboy hat was a boy at the start and was now a teen. So several years at least. And I was like.... so how are there still zombies? If the world was overrun at the beginning, and it took out the most of the population, and clearly the zombies decompose. Where the hell are all these zombies coming from years later? It just doesn't add up.

Also, Game of Thrones is really overrated. WAY too much talking and boring political/court intrigue bs (yet another TV show that my friends thought I would like).
I used to be into the Walking Dead, but then I just got bored. It seemed to become more about stupid drama between the human characters. I forgot whether I was watching a zombie show or a soap opera.

I used to be into the Walking Dead, but then I just got bored. It seemed to become more about stupid drama between the human characters. I forgot whether I was watching a zombie show or a soap opera.
I think that's somehwere that they must've started me into it. lol
It just seemed to be a bunch of drama. super lame

I think that's somehwere that they must've started me into it. lol
It just seemed to be a bunch of drama. super lame
I actually really enjoyed the first couple seasons, but then once I hit season three I simply got bored. Also doesn't help that I have a short attention span, which is why I tend to prefer miniseries and movies.

I actually really enjoyed the first couple seasons, but then once I hit season three I simply got bored. Also doesn't help that I have a short attention span, which is why I tend to prefer miniseries and movies.
same. i really can't watch a series for very long. They tend to get stupid, fast. I mostly stick to movies, myself.

Speaking of stupid series, that Wednesday series on Netflix. OMG it is so try-hard cringey! As someone who enjoyed the movies from the 90's, the series is just... crap.

same. i really can't watch a series for very long. They tend to get stupid, fast. I mostly stick to movies, myself.

Speaking of stupid series, that Wednesday series on Netflix. OMG it is so try-hard cringey! As someone who enjoyed the movies from the 90's, the series is just... crap.
lol I really wanted to enjoy that show since I loved Addams Family as a kid.

Also, if I do ever watch a really popular series then it will generally be years later once the initial hype dies down. Like I said, I'm a contrarian by nature. I just can't enjoy things that everyone else is obsessing over.

Hate is a very strong word so I’ll just say I have a disdain towards any anime ever in general and all of their fans. Specifically the type of over the top anime fans you’d call a “weeb.” Can’t stand weebs tbh, they’re very irritating.

Have I ever watched an anime? No not really. Do I plan to? Hell no. I don’t like anime in general but in response to the question, I generally dislike the anime fandom as a whole.

Is it a stupid reason? Possibly, and I acknowledge that. As much as I cannot stand anime, funny enough some of my best and closest friends are anime fans LOL.

lol I really wanted to enjoy that show since I loved Addams Family as a kid.

Also, if I do ever watch a really popular series then it will generally be years later once the initial hype dies down. Like I said, I'm a contrarian by nature. I just can't enjoy things that everyone else is obsessing over.
Yeah, I totally get that. As a Star Wars fan, I always loved the Boba Fett thing with the Mandalorians. But then Disney went and made the Mandalorian series, and while you'd think I'd be stoked about it, I actually dreaded what they were going to do to the lore. Since Disney has this tendency to retcon everything. So I stopped watching it. I'll pick it up when the series is said and done years later.

I was actually super annoyed with THAT series when they had that "we don't show our faces" gimmick with the mando clan. That has literally nothing to do with Mandalorians! There have been so many instances of them showing their faces in the comics and even the seires that Disney made themselves. The not showing the face thing was specifically a Boba Fett thing for the longest time in his comic book line. But... they effectively ruined that anyway in Attack of the Clones when they showed Jango Fett's face (and Boba is his clone, so same face). Like, it had been his shtick for so long, his identity being a mystery to the viewer. But all that effectively went down the toilet. So, yeah... another fandom hate right there, I guess. lmao

Hate is a very strong word so I’ll just say I have a disdain towards any anime ever in general and all of their fans. Specifically the type of over the top anime fans you’d call a “weeb.” Can’t stand weebs tbh, they’re very irritating.

Have I ever watched an anime? No not really. Do I plan to? Hell no. I don’t like anime in general but in response to the question, I generally dislike the anime fandom as a whole.

Is it a stupid reason? Possibly, and I acknowledge that. As much as I cannot stand anime, funny enough some of my best and closest friends are anime fans LOL.
I've watched anime, and I hafta say I dislike 99% of it. lol
It's annoying and I will never understand why people obsess over it.

I've watched anime, and I hafta say I dislike 99% of it. lol
It's annoying and I will never understand why people obsess over it.
Exactly, me neither. It’s really not for me and the fans are also a huge turn off.

Like I like my friends very much but sometimes they can be a bit much, like all anime fans. Especially when they try and rave and say it’s the greatest thing ever and there’s nothing like it and they try and urge you to watch it.

I probably sound like a HUGE asshole here but I personally just dislike anime and the general nature of most (NOT ALL) of its fans. Hopefully I don’t sound like I’m having a superiority complex too much here because I’m not “superior” for not liking anime and anime fans aren’t “inferior.” But just everything surrounding anime I try to stray away from if I can (minus my irl friends, a couple of which are big anime fans LOL).

Exactly, me neither. It’s really not for me and the fans are also a huge turn off.

Like I like my friends very much but sometimes they can be a bit much, like all anime fans. Especially when they try and rave and say it’s the greatest thing ever and there’s nothing like it and they try and urge you to watch it.

I probably sound like a HUGE asshole here but I personally just dislike anime and the general nature of most (NOT ALL) of its fans. Hopefully I don’t sound like I’m having a superiority complex too much here because I’m not “superior” for not liking anime and anime fans aren’t “inferior.” But just everything surrounding anime I try to stray away from if I can (minus my irl friends, a couple of which are big anime fans LOL).
I wouldn't get on the anime hate-train so readily if it would stay in its corner. But the fact that anime has seeped into all kinds of aspects of entertainment and has become very popular means that it's up in my face everywhere I go: The mall, the game store, a comic shop, just clothes shopping, banner ads, image search results... yeah, especially on the internet, anime is a plague. If it wasn't in my face so much, it wouldn't get so much of my negative attention. But because it's so popular, it has become a sort of thorn in my side when I look to forms of entertainment, ya know?

OH, here's another one: JRPGs. I can't stand how so many of them have these late game weapons that are godawful gaudy, and unwieldly huge.
df680380a4bb39f4c20783713bcaea89.jpg
Junk like this. It's just so ugly and dumb. Can't stand it. I've played a lot of JRPGs in my day, and the weapons in particular have always annoyed me. Especially in many iterations of Final Fantasy. I'm like, can I have the end game weapon stats, but with the beginner weapon aesthetic? That would be great. Also a reason I dislike MMOs.

I wouldn't get on the anime hate-train so readily if it would stay in its corner. But the fact that anime has seeped into all kinds of aspects of entertainment and has become very popular means that it's up in my face everywhere I go: The mall, the game store, a comic shop, just clothes shopping, banner ads, image search results... yeah, especially on the internet, anime is a plague. If it wasn't in my face so much, it wouldn't get so much of my negative attention. But because it's so popular, it has become a sort of thorn in my side when I look to forms of entertainment, ya know?
EXACTLY. It’s like I can’t escape it. When I don’t prefer something, I typically try and avoid it rather than actively seeking it out or hating on it. It’s kinda like I’ll leave you be if you leave me be- you can like what you like and I’ll like what I like.

But it’s honestly inescapable now- you’re so right. So I do think it’s really the fact it’s been pretty much shoved down my throat is why a general distaste for anime and it’s fans has turned into a more negative disdain and even disgust for me.

Invader Zim

I love the cartoon, but the fandom is obsessed with shipping. Or GIR. Want to see some cool fanart? Too bad, it's all shipping garbage. The cartoon itself barely touches on the subject of romance!

Yeah, I totally get that. As a Star Wars fan, I always loved the Boba Fett thing with the Mandalorians. But then Disney went and made the Mandalorian series, and while you'd think I'd be stoked about it, I actually dreaded what they were going to do to the lore. Since Disney has this tendency to retcon everything. So I stopped watching it. I'll pick it up when the series is said and done years later.

I was actually super annoyed with THAT series when they had that "we don't show our faces" gimmick with the mando clan. That has literally nothing to do with Mandalorians! There have been so many instances of them showing their faces in the comics and even the seires that Disney made themselves. The not showing the face thing was specifically a Boba Fett thing for the longest time in his comic book line. But... they effectively ruined that anyway in Attack of the Clones when they showed Jango Fett's face (and Boba is his clone, so same face). Like, it had been his shtick for so long, his identity being a mystery to the viewer. But all that effectively went down the toilet. So, yeah... another fandom hate right there, I guess. lmao
I swear that played the helmet thing off on something but I can't recall what.

I could probably write a novel about how much I hate MHA (My Hero Academia). I think that the biggest reason would be about how romanticised the characters are. That one character, Bakugo, literally bullied the ever-living Hell out of people, mostly - what's his face, the green guy - literally told him to k!ll himself, and yet so many people just say things like "he's just a tsundere" and then ship him with someone that he bullied relentlesly.

I disdain some anime. Jojo's bizarre adventure is nothing but a fashion gimmick that falls flat of getting my attention. MHA falls flat due too too many things going on at the same time.

I swear that played the helmet thing off on something but I can't recall what.
I dunno. Like I said, I stopped watching it. But the issue spurred me to actually go and make a whole damn list of various Mandalorians that have showed their faces in order to prove my point.
  • Jaster Mereel
  • Tor Vizla
  • Shae Vizla
  • Canderous Ordo
  • Novoc Vevut
  • Ghes Orade
  • Mirta Gev
  • Khomo Fett
  • Bo-Katan Kryze

probably the MHA fandom as many people already mentioned. They do weird ships like Bakugo and Deku. It does ‘t make sense. Bakugo bullied Deku so how would they like each other? And I’m so sick of people shipping Deku with everyone.

probably the MHA fandom as many people already mentioned. They do weird ships like Bakugo and Deku. It does ‘t make sense. Bakugo bullied Deku so how would they like each other? And I’m so sick of people shipping Deku with everyone.
Understandable fr

I honestly hate the Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid fandom the anime and manga are shit kanna and Ilulu are so sexualized and people called it wholesome even though in the manga a 16 year old dragon girl showed her pineapples to kobayashi who is a adult and the 16 year old was trying to seduce her the anime and manga are weird and pedophilic in my opinion but thats just me🤷‍♀️ plus a dragon lady named like idk lucoa has predatory behavior around shouta a elementary kid and the fandom completely ignores it i love anime but no.........anime can be......err questionable at times........from animes like my life as inukai san's dog to.....eh idk-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back