Other What do you think?

AEONmeteorite

Architect of Worlds
Helper
I realized recently that when I hear certain words, I think different things. A good example of this that happens between just about anyone is the: "Do you say pop or soda?"
Every now and then I'm going to put something like this in the thread and put my answers down in a spoiler. I'd recommend everyone do the same, that way you're not swayed by others' answers. Be sure to say what your answers are for.

The first one is a list of outwear. When you read this type of outwear, what do you imagine in your head:

Sweater:
Coat:
Hoodie:
Jacket:
Sweatshirt:

My answers for outwear:
Sweater: A light outerwear, usually knitted or with a more crafty feel to it in general.
Coat: Fancier and/or trench-like. Tend to be slightly longer, not all the time. I think I see this because we say, trench coat and pea coat, thus they must be coats.
Hoodie: This is always a zip-up for me, nothing else. Usually having a hoodie.
Jacket: Giant outwear. Meant to keep you warm in the chilliest of weather. Bulky and full of fluff, with that tarp-like feel.
Sweatshirt: Always a pull-over with or without the hoodie, just slightly more hefty than a sweater.

My Answers:

Sweater / Coat / Jacket: All the same any warm, long sleeve, outer wear that can be of any material! >D I use them interchangeably!
Hoodie: Pullover no zipper front pouch.
Sweatshirt: I don't use this word. So my immediate thought is a shirt you wear while doing things that make you sweaty!

My suggested other things:

Toque
Beanie

Toque
1603218519667.png

Beanie
1603218465176.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back