Opinion What do you think of asexuality and aromantics?

Why's that? Naturally, you're supposed to be heterosexual. But by some anomaly, you can be gay, or homosexual. That's not normal in terms of biology (normal meaning what is supposed to happen, not that it's inherently bad). If someone can be an anomaly and not be attracted sexually to the opposite sex, but the same sex instead, and some can be attracted to both, why can that inability of a gay man being attracted sexually to a female not be applied to both by some strange biological occurrence?

I'm sorry, you lost me. I'm saying that anything other than being straight is unnatural, if that's what you're asking. I'm just saying that it's actually possible biologically through chemical/hormonal imbalance, etc. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry, you lost me. I'm saying that anything other than being straight is unnatural, if that's what you're asking. I'm just saying that it's actually possible biologically through chemical/hormonal imbalance, etc. 

I was addressing this:

"Before you argue "asexual is one too," even if it exists (I don't think it does), it isn't a sexuality—hence the 'a' before the word 'sexuality."

The notion that you don't think asexuality does.

As for how it's possible, IDK, I didn't study it nor did I research if it is real nor what would cause asexuality. So I can't say what caused it if it is real. We know homosexuality is not caused by hormonal/chemical imbalance, but by a multitude of factors, both genetically, and nurturing. A mix, if you will. The reasoning behind all this simply needs to be researched further.

Gender is not completely tied to sex. I am a girl. But do you know what my DNA looks like? If I have XY chromosome, I am biologically male. But if I call myself a woman, think of myself as a woman, carry and dress and speak in a feminine fashion that would be expected of a "typical" woman, than am I not a woman? We have accepted that there are many people whose gender (gender, a performative thing, something that we establish by what we do in society) does not match the genitalia of their respective associated sex, and we haven't even touched those with intersex features or XXY chromosomes.

Gender works similar in many societies because it's derived from sex, which is pretty fucking universal (thanks meiosis!). But ultimately, gender and sex are different. You can be a man and have a uterus, you can be a woman and have a scrotum. Case closed.

I had to delete my reply, simply because I noticed this is veering off topic. I disagree with some parts of your post, and I'll leave it at that.

I know it's a minute part of your post, but from how you handled "hogwash" and replied, I find you saying "cased closed" bothersome...

I think this was meant to be a joke. Plus, remember, there are infinitely many genders. I personally am flowergendered. 

woow.. that's kinda racist don't you think?? 

this is so not a joke!! you know who's a joke?? 

you.. ba dum tss 

hahaha so good at roasting people, bless me 

I think this was meant to be a joke. Plus, remember, there are infinitely many genders. I personally am flowergendered. 

Honestly dude, I'm pretty down with your other comments. It's chill, everyone can have their own opinions. But what I am not cool with is you making fun of someone's gender and the fact that there are more than two genders. If you want to be offensive and rude, you can leave.

No, disagree. Asexuality is simply the lack of attraction to either male or female. You can have sex and enjoy it and be asexual, because you're attracted to that dopamine release din anticipation of an orgasm. To suggest enjoying sex means you're not asexual is to conflate what asexuality actually is. It also undermines many asexuals by that narrow definition.

The reason why grey asexuals are not asexuals is because they're attracted to either male or female or both. Just not all the time. So they're sexual. When an asexual has sex, it's because of that release of brain chemicals and the orgasm, which anyone having one normally would say feels amazing, since it's the "original high".

I mean, I suppose that is true, BUT, if you intentionally seek out sex just to for the feeling of sex (without necesarily being attracted to the person you engage) I would still argue that you're not asexual. If it so happens that you end in a situation where you have sex (be it due to alcohol, coaxing-I'm gonna leave the even worse things out here) and your body reacts positively to it, sure, that doesn't undermine your sexuality. It's just a bodily function. In the same way that a straight person who would enjoy sex with the same gender isn't necessarily gay and vice versa. But if you go out and say "I'm gonna try and sleep with that dude/that chick/that whatever you", even under the pretense of only doing it for the feeling of sex itseel then nah. Nah. Naaah.

(also grey asexuals don't exist, because grey sexuality makes no sense whatsoever but psssh)

@Pine My post was only in regards to the different layers of asexuality, not demisexuality. While I personally cannot logically view demisexuality as a sensible and unique classification, I feel it has at least some merrit that are worth arguing about it. Saying "There are asexuals who like sex" is just inherently contradictionary, so I felt the need to speak up against that.

I suppose I am demisexual.   I really don't have sexual feelings for someone until I get to know their personality.  The idea of having random sex with someone I don't know is gross.  Not in a "that's immoral" or "you could catch something" way either.  

I also don't really understand celebrity crushes either.   There are a few male actors I find aesthetically pleasing, but I don't fantasy about them sexually.  

I am also straight.  Men just smell nicer than woman. :)    

But anywho, I don't question the labels people put on themselves.  If you want to be Asexual and have sex, that is fine.    The only person's who's sexuality I am interested in is my fiance's. :)  

I suppose I am demisexual.   I really don't have sexual feelings for someone until I get to know their personality.  The idea of having random sex with someone I don't know is gross.  Not in a "that's immoral" or "you could catch something" way either.  

I also don't really understand celebrity crushes either.   There are a few male actors I find aesthetically pleasing, but I don't fantasy about them sexually.  

I am also straight.  Men just smell nicer than woman. :)    

But anywho, I don't question the labels people put on themselves.  If you want to be Asexual and have sex, that is fine.    The only person's who's sexuality I am interested in is my fiance's. :)  

But I don't understand how that is a sexuality. Sexual attraction is not the same as romantic attraction, so I don't understand how the personal connection can be a sexual preference. And even if we disregard that, then I still don't understand in what way demisexuality qualifies to be a stand-alone sexuality, in all honesty. If you're attracted to men, women, both, or all of that as well as all kinds of differently advanced transgender people, then that's your sexual orientation (hetereo, homo, bi, pan), but you simply need intimacy to want sex. That's totally fine and dandy, and also normal.

Like, for example, I'm attracted to women, but I'd not ever wanna sleep with a woman if I don't have a close relationship with her. That doesn't make me any different than other people attracted to women, it's just that they might be more promiscious/casual/however you wanna phrase that. I mean you said it yourself. You're straight. You're a woman, you like men sexually, and you don't like women sexually. That means you're hetereosexual, and you happen to only want to engage in sex when you have a close bond with the man in question. Again, it's totally fine, but it's just a degree of your sexuality.

Now if the argument was that demisexuals have no sexual preference other than general intimacy, then I'd take that seriously, because that would be kind of distinct, although I'd still argue that would then just be a form of pansexuality.

But I don't understand how that is a sexuality. Sexual attraction is not the same as romantic attraction, so I don't understand how the personal connection can be a sexual preference. And even if we disregard that, then I still don't understand in what way demisexuality qualifies to be a stand-alone sexuality, in all honesty. If you're attracted to men, women, both, or all of that as well as all kinds of differently advanced transgender people, then that's your sexual orientation (hetereo, homo, bi, pan), but you simply need intimacy to want sex. That's totally normal. It's totally fine, but it's just a degree of your sexuality.

Like, for example, I'm attracted to women, but I'd not ever wanna sleep with a woman if I don't have a close relationship with her. That doesn't make me any different than other people attracted to women, it's just that they might be more promiscious/casual/however you wanna phrase that.

Now if the argument was that demisexuals have no sexual preference other than general intimacy, then I'd take that seriously, because that would be kind of distinct, although I'd still argue that would then just be a form of pansexuality.

To be honest, I don't know myself.  I don't really think of myself as demisexual, but I don't spend a lot of time thinking about my sexuality.   

I think sexuality and attraction defies labels.  We use labels to make things easier to talk about and understand.  Yet not all labels fit every situation and not everyone uses a label the same.  Thus when someone says "I'm Asexual", my first impulse is to understand, not ask them to defend their label.   

I mean, I suppose that is true, BUT, if you intentionally seek out sex just to for the feeling of sex (without necesarily being attracted to the person you engage) I would still argue that you're not asexual. If it so happens that you end in a situation where you have sex (be it due to alcohol, coaxing-I'm gonna leave the even worse things out here) and your body reacts positively to it, sure, that doesn't undermine your sexuality. It's just a bodily function. In the same way that a straight person who would enjoy sex with the same gender isn't necessarily gay and vice versa. But if you go out and say "I'm gonna try and sleep with that dude/that chick/that whatever you", even under the pretense of only doing it for the feeling of sex itseel then nah. Nah. Naaah.

(also grey asexuals don't exist, because grey sexuality makes no sense whatsoever but psssh)

Asexuality is simply, and only, the lack of sexual attraction to either sex. That's it. It's like atheism, if you will. Atheism deals with the believe in deities, but you can still be spiritual. You can be asexual and seek out sex for reasons of wanting kids or because of that feeling you get at the end. The difference is, it has nothing to do with the person and could totally be done alone, via masturbation.

My point was the same as a gay man having sex with a women on the basis of that feeling you get upon an orgasm. You could even argue if you do anal, be it make or female, you enjoy that stimulant and seek out a partner because it might be easier, but it has nothing to do with the person doing it to you's sex.

As for grey asexuals/sexuals, I know, I agree.

Honestly dude, I'm pretty down with your other comments. It's chill, everyone can have their own opinions. But what I am not cool with is you making fun of someone's gender and the fact that there are more than two genders. If you want to be offensive and rude, you can leave.

There being more than 2 genders is very much up for debate. It's not a fact, let alone a scientific fact. And him saying he's flowergender is to be a humorous joke. It's not rude to anyone because no one is literally flowergender, unless you let it offend you. Either take it as it is, a joke, or just scroll over it. It wasn't directed at anyone other than he thinks the amount of genders that are said to exist is silly. And that's his opinion.

Kind of like the "I sexually identify as an Apache Helicopter." Say what you want, a video on that argument is hilarious, even if I agree or disagree with the gender identity politics. Just let go and laugh  a little.

la5qyvgddbby.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back