Other What are your politics?

I know you typically run your own original settings but would you ever consider GMing a Warhammer Fantasy or 40K RP?

I have been considering it! Big fan of 2nd ed Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay. I've been considering a Dark Heresy RP because you can get some great black comedy out of an Inquisitorial cell. 

I have been considering it! Big fan of 2nd ed Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay. I've been considering a Dark Heresy RP because you can get some great black comedy out of an Inquisitorial cell. 

If you run anything in either universe you can count me in.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Grey

I strongly, strongly, strongly recommend the Medieval: Total War warhammer mod instead. It has a lot more stuff, though the aerial combat and magic isn't there. Instead superpowered ballistas are reskinned to look like bright wizards and blood mages. On the up side, they are much more powerful.

@The Gunrunner

Yeah, but the sorcs,although they're very expensive, they are totally overpowered and I think they could be given an overhaul to make them less of a one-unit-destroys-all unit. 

dogs. dogs can fix the world. huskies especially. i mean look at this cute little thing. :3 

GerberianShepskyGermanShepherdSiberianHuskyHybridDogsRaiya2MonthsOld.jpg 

I just dropped into the last page how the hell did you get this off topic?

honestly, i think it's for the better. 

i think rottweilers are really cute, personally. especially when they have their full tails left intact- super cute waggy tails

images under the spoiler because they were surprisingly large

2c4497883021cad8e409ae8d7a624982.jpg

DSC03347-1024x875.jpg

rottweiler-pup.jpg

actually, dog politics- im against unnecessary, purely cosmetic, painful shit like cropping tails of dogs like rottweilers- their tails aren't naturally like that, and it's not good for them.

also the breeding of dogs like pugs and teacup chihuahuas i find reprehensible. purposely deforming creatures and forcing them to live painful lives riddled with health problems as a result of bone structure/size/eyeballs being too big for their head/etc because you think they look cute is disgusting.

my solution is to let the living dogs live the rest of their lives peacefully but ban breeding of them in favor of, you know, other breeds that havent been totally fucked. 

also, retromops and the people behind them seem noble.

edit: also im against banning pitbulls, or the force-euthanization some area was trying to implement earlier this year. it was either someplace canada or seattle, i'm not sure. most of the problems with rottweilers and pitbulls and etc are issues with them being abused and how they're raised- including accidental improper training from well-intentioned people who don't know better.

it would be nice if there was some way for it to be ensured that people who buy dogs that would need extra care would, you know, understand how to give it to them so theyre well-adjusted, and make sure they do follow through with that.

honestly, i think it's for the better. 

i think rottweilers are really cute, personally. especially when they have their full tails left intact- super cute waggy tails

images under the spoiler because they were surprisingly large

2c4497883021cad8e409ae8d7a624982.jpg

actually, dog politics- im against unnecessary, purely cosmetic, painful shit like cropping tails of dogs like rottweilers- their tails aren't naturally like that, and it's not good for them.

also the breeding of dogs like pugs and teacup chihuahuas i find reprehensible. purposely deforming creatures and forcing them to live painful lives riddled with health problems as a result of bone structure/size/eyeballs being too big for their head/etc because you think they look cute is disgusting.

my solution is to let the living dogs live the rest of their lives peacefully but ban breeding of them in favor of, you know, other breeds that havent been totally fucked. 

also, retromops and the people behind them seem noble.

edit: also im against banning pitbulls, or the force-euthanization some area was trying to implement earlier this year. it was either someplace canada or seattle, i'm not sure. most of the problems with rottweilers and pitbulls and etc are issues with them being abused and how they're raised- including accidental improper training from well-intentioned people who don't know better.

it would be nice if there was some way for it to be ensured that people who buy dogs that would need extra care would, you know, understand how to give it to them so theyre well-adjusted, and make sure they do follow through with that.

You see my dog is a complete mongrel, looking at her we think a German Shepard and a greyhound were involved recently, she's basically bulletproof as health problems go. the only time we took her to a vet since we got her was when she got a bone that some asshat tossed in the grass wedged in her mouth and she managed to get it out herself while we were in the waiting room and tried to stick her head in a food collection box.

While I agree with you about breed banning (I'm against it at a governmental level), it sounds like you would agree with me that different breeds of dogs have different tendencies towards certain behaviors?  For example, a Greyhound raised in the same household as a Scottish terrier will often exhibit distinct breed stereotypical behaviors?

Domestics dogs are one big pool of mutated weirdos. Forcefully breeding dogs, regardless of breed (could be the same breed) is weird to me.

I want some dressing....

Domestics dogs are one big pool of mutated weirdos. Forcefully breeding dogs, regardless of breed (could be the same breed) is weird to me.

I don't see it that way at all.  In my view the bloodhound, the border collie, the Australian cattle dog, the Doberman, as well as many other breeds, are beautiful and amazing creatures.  In many respects, more beautiful and amazing than their wild counterparts.  

I don't see it that way at all.  In my view the bloodhound, the border collie, the Australian cattle dog, the Doberman, as well as many other breeds, are beautiful and amazing creatures.  In many respects, more beautiful and amazing than their wild counterparts.  

You don't have to subjectively view it that way. It is an objective fact, that they are mutated animals.

Most domesticated dogs are the product of purposeful, if crude, genetic manipulation by humans resulting in some breeds which suffer from harmful mutations which do not necessarily hamper their aesthetic value?

Read a pretty interesting article recently that explained pugs are pretty much always experiencing a level of respiratory distress. 

I'm pretty sure most (all?) living creatures on this planet have undergone countless mutations.  "Weirdos" is subjective btw.

There is a difference between selective breeding mutations and natural adaptations. And no, in this context, weirdos isn't subjective. If we compare the domestic dogs to the wolf (their ancestor) they differ greatly from this ancestor, making them weird. The OED defines the informal (or colloquial use) of weird as Very strange; bizarre: Because there is no proper noun version of weird for this context, weirdos is appropriate. By definition, comparing an unnatural happenstance to the natural one, the unnatural one would be ...weird.  

Edit: I am very particular about the words I use, which is why i tend to not speak often. 

Read a pretty interesting article recently that explained pugs are pretty much always experiencing a level of respiratory distress. 

You rarely find those kinds of health issues in working breeds and sport hounds.

You rarely find those kinds of health issues in working breeds and sport hounds.

Oh, aye, not every domestic dog is riddled with genetic defects. I half-remember there being a problem with the health of Greyhounds, but herding dogs especially seem to be very robust and healthy animals. 

Humans differ greatly from apes, are they weird?

By definition, yes. This was kind of pointless question. 

In fact, I'll take it further. Humans are some of the strangest mammals on the planet. Everything from our bipedal nature, to our diet is extremely weird. 

Humans are some of the strangest mammals on the planet. Everything from our bipedal nature, to our diet is extremely weird. 

Not to mention the only animal I know of with more hostile gestative conditions is that shark that engages in cannibalism in-utero. I mean, there are probably some I don't know of, but human reproduction has fitness standards that you'd half expect to kill us off. There's a reason we're some of the most physically resilient creatures this side of extremophilic species.

Not to mention the only animal I know of with more hostile gestative conditions is that shark that engages in cannibalism in-utero. I mean, there are probably some I don't know of, but human reproduction has fitness standards that you'd half expect to kill us off. There's a reason we're some of the most physically resilient creatures this side of extremophilic species.

Also the only homophobic species but the only one to engage in such acts....

IT WAS ON QI ALRIGHT! I DON'T JUST LOOK THIS S**T UP!!

Not at all, it reveals your subjective label of weirdo as being utterly meaningless.

It isn't subjective, because its use is consistent. Humans vary greatly from their ancestor, thus they are weird in comparison. 

But i am corrected, your question had a point, it just fell flat. Bravo! You've won that small battle. 

Now the fact that I like German Shepards more than the weird looking breeds like a poodle is different....weird is now subjective there.They both differ from their common ancestor, so they both are weird in comparison. One looking weirder than the other is purely subjective, as they both aren't similar to the ancestor.

It isn't subjective, because its use is consistent. Humans vary greatly from their ancestor, thus they are weird in comparison. 

I think it's fascinating that you're trying your damnedest to claim domesticated dogs (& humans) are objectively weirdos.  What species are objectively gross? Charming? Beautiful? Breathtaking?

You do realize that a species "differing greatly" (a vague pair of words...) from their ancestor is merely your own definition of weird?  Whether or not you're consistent with your own definition of weird doesn't elevate its subjective nature to being objective.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back