TV & Film What are some of your favorite fandoms? / What fandoms are you currently into?

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
So I typically don't keep up with any new or popular fandoms within the roleplaying community and in general I rarely watch TV & Film. But as of late I am looking to broaden my
horizons as such I want to ask What are your favorite Fandoms? or alernatively What fandoms are you currently invested in? For me a big one has typically been Marvel. Though I'm at the point where I want to explore other fandoms, so please share with me what you're currently into. Obscure, popular or otherwise. I'd love to get some recommendations for things I can watch and get inspiration for roleplay!​

If you like superheroes ::

the boys is kinda a dark satire of marvel and dc heroes

if you like period pieces ::
Call the Midwife - 1950s/1960s series about midwives in a poor neighborhood in London

Downton Abbey - you like aristocratic soap opera set in 1910s to 1920s.

Gilded Age - Victorian era but in America with robber barons

That’s really all for me (I mostly just do the Disney + marvel shows myself. I do recommend Ms. Marvel but otherwise it’s all period pieces I’m afraid).

If you like superheroes ::

the boys is kinda a dark satire of marvel and dc heroes

if you like period pieces ::
Call the Midwife - 1950s/1960s series about midwives in a poor neighborhood in London

Downton Abbey - you like aristocratic soap opera set in 1910s to 1920s.

Gilded Age - Victorian era but in America with robber barons

That’s really all for me (I mostly just do the Disney + marvel shows myself. I do recommend Ms. Marvel but otherwise it’s all period pieces I’m afraid).
oh yeah i have been looking at the boys especially since a majority of my friend group really seem to like it. just haven't got the chance to watch it. but i definitely enjoy period and era shows ( i'm a history buff might be why ) and same i only have been keeping up with marvel and disney+ outside of that i don't really. ( ms. marvel is rather refreshing if i do say so though )

I have to say Full Metal Alchemist, Hunter x Hunter, Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure and currently trying to look into more.

I have to say Full Metal Alchemist, Hunter x Hunter, Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure and currently trying to look into more.
In terms of anime I remember that Hunter x Hunter, Full Metal Alchemist as well as Jojo's Bizarre Adventure were really popular when I was growing up. I never really got the chance to watch any of them but I am curious about Hunter x Hunter and JBA.

In terms of anime I remember that Hunter x Hunter, Full Metal Alchemist as well as Jojo's Bizarre Adventure were really popular when I was growing up. I never really got the chance to watch any of them but I am curious about Hunter x Hunter and JBA
Crunchy Roll has FMA: Brotherhood but for the original 2003 I suggest looking elsewhere. I’m not sure if they have fma 2003. Netflix has all of Jojo’s seasons including Stone Ocean. Hunter x Hunter (2011) is also on Netflix.

Just beware of the ads on crunchy roll, lol. I guess it their way of making you pay for a subscription on the site just to have an ad free experience.

The Legend of Drizzt. Novel series.
The Dresden Files. Novel series.
Norsemen.
The Boys.
Stranger Things
Cobra Kai
Merlin. (Cheesey but I loved it)
86 Eighty Six.
Attack on Titan.
Gurren Lagann.
Gankutsuou.
Trigun.
Cowboy Bebop.

The Legend of Drizzt. Novel series.
The Dresden Files. Novel series.
Norsemen.
The Boys.
Stranger Things
Cobra Kai
Merlin. (Cheesey but I loved it)
86 Eighty Six.
Attack on Titan.
Gurren Lagann.
Gankutsuou.
Trigun.
Cowboy Bebop.
Cowboy bebop is a good one. I have yet to see season 4 of attack on titan.

Dragon Age

Mass Effect

Berserk (Not a huge fan of the fandom itself, just the series)

Star Wars (Same as above)

Fullmetal Alchemist

Probably more, but my mind is blank

My favorite fandom to interact with is the Stardew Valley fandom. I've literally never had a bad experience with that fandom. Everyone is so chill and laid-back. A lot of people just generally agree that the creator is a great guy and there hasn't been any controversies as far as I can see either. It's also a fandom that really just reaches all corners of life, tbh.

Other fandoms I'm in, but don't really interact with other fans are as followed:

• RWBY.
  • Persona.
  • Pokemon.
  • Fire Emblem.
  • Bungo Stray Dogs.
  • Shin Megami Tensei.
  • JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.
I'm definitely missing some though these are the major ones for me.

I actually just became a part of a fandom for Spy X Family. It's super cute, and very wholesome despite the occasional dark moment.

So yeah. I might be lookin' to start an RP along those lines at some point soon!

Dunno if it’s considered a fandom, but I’ve been super into Criminal Minds lately, haha.

Supernatural is always a favorite. Anime wise, I love Hypnosis Mic! Chainsaw Man, FMA: Brotherhood, Death Note, Death Parade … I love paranormal stuff <:

Dunno if it’s considered a fandom, but I’ve been super into Criminal Minds lately, haha.

Supernatural is always a favorite. Anime wise, I love Hypnosis Mic! Chainsaw Man, FMA: Brotherhood, Death Note, Death Parade … I love paranormal stuff <:
FMA ftw

So I typically don't keep up with any new or popular fandoms within the roleplaying community and in general I rarely watch TV & Film. But as of late I am looking to broaden my
horizons as such I want to ask What are your favorite Fandoms? or alernatively What fandoms are you currently invested in? For me a big one has typically been Marvel. Though I'm at the point where I want to explore other fandoms, so please share with me what you're currently into. Obscure, popular or otherwise. I'd love to get some recommendations for things I can watch and get inspiration for roleplay!​
Recently I’ve found myself going back into fandoms like X-Men: Evolution, The Owl House, and How to Train Your Dragon. (HTTYD is a childhood fandom I’ve been in for a long time, and now that I have more free time on my hands I can indulge.)
Often times though what happens with me and old fandoms is that I don’t roleplay in the actual universe, but instead I use motivation (and some spite) to create my own world inspired by the concepts from that fandoms. I’ve also been around in the Harry Potter fandom for years, which is pretty alright.

If!! You’re still interested in superhero universes, I would highly recommend delving more into X-Men, maybe Guardians of the Galaxy (two personal favorites of mine), and DC. I’ve been watching Young Justice for a while now and got hooked instantly (courtesy of a close friend of mine who introduced me to it).

Last edited:
...How to Train Your Dragon. (HTTYD is a VERY old fandom I’ve been in for a long time, and I’ve been getting into it more recently now that I have more free time on my hands.)
bruh, the movie only came out like 12 years ago. It really isnt that old. js

On that note, back to the OP monxmiracle monxmiracle , here's some fandoms I've been into for a while. All of these have comics attached to them, since you mentioned Marvel:

Conan the Barbarian the original stories were published in the 1930's, but is now movies and video games as well. It has been published as a comic by Marvel for decades and I have a few from the late 70's into the 80s. But I've also seen recent collections under the new Darkhorse label. Obviously, this was after Darkhorse got bought out.​
Warhammer 40,000 there are tabletop minis, books, video games, etc. I recently acquired a 5-part comic book series featuring some of the Sisters of Battle, also through Marvel. I'm unsure if other comics of different factions exist, but it's worth a google if you're a fan of WH40K.​
Judge Dredd goes back to the 70s, was a video game, two movies, and is still going as a comic book line (IDW). I really, REALLY recommend the movie with Karl Urban (2012). That shit was top-shelf. Way better than the Stallone movie.​
Mad Max has 4 movies to date. Beyond Thunderdome is still the best one, imo. I believe there are comics that were published by Vertigo and at least one video game now​
Star Wars, Old Republic stuff. Again, there's books (comic books, too) and video games. No movies, yet. Every decent fan should know that Star Wars comics are by Marvel. Though I have some from Boba Fett's line in the 90's that were through Darkhorse.​
Predator Best known for the movies with Arnold Schwarzenegger (1987) and Danny Glover (1990). But there were a couple more after that (the last movie in 2018 was hot garbage). But it is also comics and books, and video games. I collect the comics out of Darkhorse from the 90's. Current comics are through Marvel.​

Last edited:

On that note, back to the OP monxmiracle monxmiracle , here's some fandoms I've been into for a while. All of these have comics attached to them, since you mentioned Marvel:

Conan the Barbarian the original stories were published in the 1930's, but is now movies and video games as well. It has been published as a comic by Marvel for decades and I have a few from the late 70's into the 80s. But I've also seen recent collections under the new Darkhorse label. Obviously, this was after Darkhorse got bought out.​
Warhammer 40,000 there are tabletop minis, books, video games, etc. I recently acquired a 5-part comic book series featuring some of the Sisters of Battle, also through Marvel. I'm unsure if other comics of different factions exist, but it's worth a google if you're a fan of WH40K.​
Judge Dredd goes back to the 70s, was a video game, two movies, and is still going as a comic book line (IDW). I really, REALLY recommend the movie with Karl Urban (2012). That shit was top-shelf. Way better than the Stallone movie.​
Mad Max has 4 movies to date. Beyond Thunderdome is still the best one, imo. I believe there are comics that were published by Vertigo and at least one video game now​
Star Wars, Old Republic stuff. Again, there's books (comic books, too) and video games. No movies, yet. Every decent fan should know that Star Wars comics are by Marvel. Though I have some from Boba Fett's line in the 90's that were through Darkhorse.​
Predator Best known for the movies with Arnold Schwarzenegger (1987) and Danny Glover (1990). But there were a couple more after that (the last movie in 2018 was hot garbage). But it is also comics and books, and video games. I collect the comics out of Darkhorse from the 90's. Current comics are through Marvel.​
Ahh Conan the barbarian. I know there was a cartoon.

Ahh Conan the barbarian. I know there was a cartoon.
really? Cool! I was never aware of such a thing. I have some of the literary works and have seen all the movies, even the Red Sonja one that had Arnie in it. I wasnt too fond of the Momoa rendition. But I never knew it made it to cartoon format. Thanks for that

Oh shoot! I didn’t mean to imply HTTYD is old itself hahaha! I meant it was a childhood fandom of mine so I’ve been in that fandom for the longest time compared to other fandoms I’m in. I know it’s not that old, there’s plenty of other fandoms that are older.

Last edited:
really? Cool! I was never aware of such a thing. I have some of the literary works and have seen all the movies, even the Red Sonja one that had Arnie in it. I wasnt too fond of the Momoa rendition. But I never knew it made it to cartoon format. Thanks for that
Yup it ran from 1992 to 1993. It was an adaption of Robert’s comics :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back