Westbrook Season 2

Theo

tumblr_inline_pt40ymdBWA1umf7b7_540.gif

Theo smiled brightly at her buddy. Tatum. She’d briefly interacted with her on social media, and she seemed… nice enough. Not as abrasive as the other students. But, of course, most people act completely different to what they’re really like on twitter.
No matter.
Theo had made it her goal to give everyone here at Westbrook the benefit of the doubt. They couldn’t all be bad. She was sure of it. So sure. “Thanks for the warm welcome, Tatum. I am… We are beyond excited to actually just get started here.”
Theo said,
Looking briefly at Mal and the others.

“And, thank you in advance for showing me around. I really hope I’m not being a nuisance.” She spoke, smiling. Her eyes squinting as she did.

“Should we head inside?”
Theo asked.
Putting her hands in her pockets to protect them from the cold Autumn air.

Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler

-

River

562999c97982b4d4980d9e4151643b898d09536e.gifv

Parties.
Check.
Bonfires.
Check.
He chuckled at her joke. River was always a fan of a good dig. Even if it was thrown his way. His brown eyes looked down into hers. “Monthly.” He corrected her. That, in itself, was also a joke. One he hoped she got. He hadn’t been to Hawaii in about a year or so.

River knew he had knelt in deep shit when he saw the look on her face as he mentioned cheerleading. Fuck. She began walking again and he followed her, almost like a puppy without an owner. He nodded his head in agreeance at the whole “not all cheerleaders” thing. A lot of his inner circle back at Black Mill were cheerleaders and footballers alike.
His first kiss was a cheerleader.
He his first fuck as well.
He had nothing but the utmost respect for those girls. He couldn’t imagine dancing like that. River was great at a lot of things, but dancing wasn’t one of them. He was born with the whitest of feet. Football - yes. Dancing - fuck that.

He felt a dopey smile spread across his face as she accused him of being quarterback. He bit his lip,
“I am football.”
He laughed.
“But seriously, uh, yeah. Quarterback and captain. Back in Mas, anyway. Not sure how it’s gonna go here.”

He knew.
He was too good not to let on the team. And he was certain the faculty back at Black Mill would’ve pulled some strings here or something to get him on the team. Go Westbrook.

River walked into the room she pointed into.
It was pretty sparsely furnished.
A bit of a mess.
“So your magic is…”

He stopped.

“Writing?” He nodded his head, looking around. “Not gonna lie, Raven. Had you pegged as the other kinda’ girl.” He told her, grinning back at the dark haired girl. He ran his hand along the wall.

“Just you working here or?”
He stopped again.
“Either way. Cool shit. Pen bein’ mightier than the sword and all that.” He looked at her. “Don’t know if ya can tell but I’m not exactly Shakespeare. So… go you, head cheerleader.”

Soap Soap

giphy.gif

Nyoko Sugawara

"Ah, thanks! My mom taught me how to sew." Most of Nyoko's clothes, at this point, were made by her own hand. She was very petite, so finding things in her size was difficult, but even ignoring that, the general style of the average young girl was... well, kind of boring. This wasn't an America-exclusive thing. In fact, here it was a little better since there was no uniform requirement. American boys seemed to have a thing for the traditional sailor uniform, but from Nyoko's perspective, it was lame. While in her thoughts, she heard Tadita mumble, something something hate men. Nyoko quirked a brow. "Wuh?" However, Tadita was quick to change the subject. "Like, phone straps, those things you hang from your flip-phone." It wasn't as if the touchscreen revolution hadn't reached Japan, but it seemed girls at Nyoko's school in particular preferred the old-fashioned kinds. 'Far more decorative', she remembered one girl saying.

She was about to answer Tadita's lizard thoughts when suddenly her gaze was directed towards the group of new kids. Nyoko had considered signing up voluntarily for the buddy program, but decided against it. The kids from Black Mill seemed... controversial, to say the least, and she wanted no involvement in petty high school drama. She wanted school to be as smooth as possible, no wrinkles or bumps. She wanted security. She wanted safety.

"Uh, yeah, sure! We can get some food." Nyoko wasn't sure what 'fry bread' was, but she assumed it was fried bread. "I've been in America for about a year. I guess my favorite lizard to keep would be the tegu, they're the least temperamental by far."

// dendygar dendygar //​

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f...gif

Tadita

She saw River smile at her, and she smiled back, but it was.. off. Not as bright. He seemed distracted by Raven, anyway, and then the posse was led off. She was walking with Nyoko, and she pulled her backpack around and pulled out some fry bread in a baggy. She tore off a piece for Nyoko and held it out, smiling at her. "Try some, it's pretty good." Tadita had fry bread almost every day. It was simple, cheap, and really yummy.. probably not the best in terms of nutrition, but Tadita played sports so it was whatever.

"Tegu.. aren't there a bunch of Tegu's?" She asked and furrowed her brows, walking down the hall. She knew where her classes were already, and they still had time to dick around and do nothing. She waved and said hi to some friends, but her eyes were searching for a few people in particular. Parker, Cam, Gia or Zac. Her eyes took in the different posters hanging all over the school, still riding the high of the gummies she'd eaten earlier. "Water dragons! I'm thinking of water dragons, the ones with the cute orange head." She smiled and nodded, still searching for any one of her friends.

Then, she spotted Cam. "Hey!" She called out and walked over. "Cam! What the fuck is up, my dude?" She asked and grinned brightly, seeming to calm down a bit. "This is Nyoko, she's got like, the best style ever." Tadita's dark eyes flittered around them, smiling and saying hey to a seemingly endless amount of people. A lot of them knew her and she'd only been attending for a few weeks, but a lot of people knew her just because she was.. around. "How do you like the bread, Nyoko?"

Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler Twin Fantasy Twin Fantasy

Mason
tumblr_inline_n8yppu68qY1sut0fn.gif

Talk about demanding.

She was a perfect model example of the kind of girl that Mason couldn't stand. Norah was bitchy, uptight, full of herself, and overreacted to the simplest of things. Fuck, Mason had only had one conversation with the girl, which he had thought had gone super well, and now here she was giving him the cold shoulder quite literally. Girls were fucking confusing.

And for some dumb ass reason, Mason was intrigued. The more she ignored him or acted like she didn't care? The more Mason wanted to follow after her and find out why. Which was kind of fucking stupid, and kind of pissed him the fuck off. But hey, fuck it. Mason just had to get through this stupid tour, and then he'd be done with her.

"Yeah, well, I was serious about wanting to go." He said with a smirk, and started walking down the hallway. Mason made sure to take a different turn where the hallway split from the other groups. What? The private tour thing was kind of pointless if you had everyone going in the same direction. And Mason wanted to be as far away from the others as he could.

"Math room, science room." Mason didn't really know what the fuck else he was supposed to say, so he just pointed at the different doors as they walked. It was pretty fucking straight forward -- it wasn't like the building was huge, so why did these fuckers get special tour guides around the whole fucking thing?

Stupid.

And then he was right back to the observatory conversation.

"Ok, why the fuck would I have an issue with you?" Mason stopped mid-walk and turned to face Norah. Sure, maybe he'd been a bit harsh on Twitter, but Mason was always harsh and she'd been sticking her nose where it didn't belong. Norah didn't know what it was like to sleep in a fucking car, especially in the middle of winter. And fuck, she hadn't known at all what was going on, and it had rubbed Mason the wrong way. The only thing he hated more than charity was pointless, frustrating advice.

"Because I really fucking don't and I want to take you the observatory. Look at stars and shit. I wasn't... lying or whatever the fuck you think I was doing. I was serious."

BELIAL. BELIAL.

Ava
Be Gone.gif

Oh no.

What had she done.

Ava had been in front of her locker with the door opened. One hand absently was putting her things away, while the other hand held her phone. She was reading an article on a new game that had just come out, and was fully enthralled in said article and what she was doing. And that's when... he showed up.

The child.

Red's voice made her fumble and almost drop her phone. She glared over at him as he kept talking, and she instantly had waves of regret at ever talking to the shy kid. But she could tell that he was still nervous and obviously hadn't made a lot of other friends, so the coldness in her stone heart melted a little bit and she didn't bite off his head and sacrifice him to demons. Yet.

And then Red was rambling about the festival, and the fire, and Ava fumbled with her book inside the locker. "Why would you think it was me? It wasn't me. Why would I do that?" She snapped all at once, her words a jumbled heated mess coming out in rapid succession before she cleared her throat, tried to steady her nerves.

Ava turned back to her locker, taking deep breaths and tried to distract herself with useless book organizing. She needed to change the subject and fast. "What were you even doing at the festival? Did you like, even have friends to hangout with?"

lion. lion.

tumblr_inline_p8dpxp8L6S1urqydq_500.gifv

Jacqueline Dupont

Finishing the cotton candy, Jackie threw away the trash and turned back to Greyson. "I should be heading out, I've got quite a bit of homework to do." A total lie, Jackie simply wanted to get her car out of the school parking lot before her mother showed up to pick up Bella and realized she was there. After getting the details for tryouts, Jackie zipped her jacket up and waved goodbye. "I'll see you around, Greyson. Good luck with your recruiting!"

The weekend was spent job hunting. Now completely cut off from the funds she had been getting from her mother after the fight, Jackie needed some way to keep food in her belly and gas in her car. If she found a good enough paying job, maybe she could find some place cheap to live instead of living in her car. Perhaps the easiest thing to have done would have been to just cut her losses and return home, but there was no way in hell she was going to do that. Luckily enough, Jackie had found herself a possible job down at the pier near where she had been parking her car, some boat and water equipment rental company that was looking for someone to run the kiosk and to fix broken equipment. All she had to do was wait a few days for the owner to return to do the interview.

Jackie had arrived at Westbrook rather early Monday morning, wanting to use the track to burn off a bit of energy before class. Plus, that way she had a reason to use the showers in the girls' change room. After running a few laps and getting ready for the day, Jackie had made her way up to the second floor to the empty quiet spot that was great for studying that she had found the week before. She lodged her things down, setting herself up to study for chemistry. That course was going to kill her if she didn't spend absurd amounts of time studying the content.

| mentions Greyson Soap Soap | open

tumblr_nm0ghdT33Y1tlmbsuo4_250.gifv

Isabelle Dupont

Bella nodded to Brayden, allowing him to walk her to the parking lot. She felt awful for not having spent time with him, but it wasn't as if they would be able to hang out at the festival now anyways, not with the fire on stage. The firetrucks were pulling through the crowd of students, trying to get the flames under control. She hoped everything was going to be okay.

Her mother was waiting in the parking lot for her and it wasn't until she looked over to say goodbye to Brayden that she realized he really shouldn't have been there with her. Her mother really didn't trust any of the company Bella kept, especially men. After what happened before they moved, Bella really couldn't blame her.

Bella dropped her gaze and headed to the passenger side. "Bye, Brayden." She said, not looking back up at him. She had all but closed the door before the interrogation began as to who the boy was and what he was doing with her, followed by the lecture around how irresponsible Bella was for ignoring her rules. No matter how many times Bella had told her that they were just friends, the lecture continued the entire drive home and until Bella had barged into her room, slamming the door shut behind her.

Words could not describe how grateful Bella was for Monday, to get away from the house that had become thick with tension between Bella and her mother, tension that only got worse when Jackie hadn't returned home. Bella walked through the front doors and headed down the halls to her locker, suddenly noticing a whole bunch of new faces wandering the halls. New students?

Stopping at her locker, Bella shoved her things inside and pulled Zander's jacket from her bag, hanging it on a hook beside her bag. She hoped to find him and return it at some point, though finding one person in the busy school of Westbrook could be a rather daunting task. Bella began going through her things, gathering what she'd need for the classes ahead.

| mentions Brayden Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler | mentions Zander Winona Winona | open

tumblr_ouh2pf843x1r3ssslo6_400.gifv

Ryan Davies

Ryan turned to walk away from the music room but couldn't find it in himself not to go inside and take a look, mostly because of the beautiful piano in the corner of the room. He had sold his when his family moved, not having enough room in the new house for such a large instrument. Taking a deep breath, Ryan tried the door and smiled, finding it unlocked. He stepped inside, calling out to see if anyone was there. After looking around, Ryan confirmed that he was alone and walked over to the piano.

It was a beautiful instrument, very similar to the one he owned before the move. He lifted the keyboard cover and gently ran his fingers over the ivory keys, feeling their smooth texture underneath his touch. Ryan pressed down gently on a key, feeling the vibration dance up his fingers and wrist. He pressed the key a few more times, trying to get a feel for the unfamiliar piano. It was much weaker than his, the vibrations coming from the strings not being as strong as others he'd used, though the sound was still good.

He turned around, looking around the room once more, before he lodged his bag on the ground against the piano, placing his headphones and cellphone on top. Ryan sat down on the bench and positioned himself in front of the piano, closing his eyes as he ran up and down the chromatic scale. A smile spread across his face and he began to play a familiar jazz tune, his eyes still closed as he played the song from muscle memory. He didn't get far into the song when his fingers dropped on a wrong chord, causing him to cringe and open his eyes to look down at his fingers on the wrong keys. He hadn't been playing as much since he moved and playing had become much more difficult since he had lost his hearing.

Ryan took a deep breath and closed his eyes again, starting the song over, this time getting much further than he had before. The smile returned to his lips as he continued the song. It felt good to play, it relaxed him as it took his mind away from the stresses of starting a new school and having to meet new people. Right then and there, it was just Ryan and his music, the place where he had always been happiest.

| open |​

A L E X - S H A R P
@sharpattack
image0-1.gif

Alejandro || dendygar dendygar

"Jay?" Alex scratched his head, frowning. They were standing where the classes were to be, but... classes were not starting yet. Everyone seemed content enough to relax and linger about. Taking a breath, he decided to do the same. Which meant he needed to make conversation. Wracking his mind, he turned back to Jay, having peered at the students standing, walking, talking. They made it seem so easy. He quickly took the other's phone, entering his details, before connecting to the school's staff WiFi - they still used the same bloody password as four years ago, and it was faster than the shit they offered the students - before sending himself a message so that he had Alejandro's information as well.

Then he handed the phone back. And then they stood and looked at each other.

Fuck. A new leaf was gonna be harder than he thought.

But he kinda wanted to make it work. Right?

He was nice. Cute. In a sort of puppy kinda way. He looked like he could be loyal...

Wow! Brain! No! Shaking his head to clear the image of the other with ears and a collar, he tried to think clearly again.

Umm.... what was my train of thought. Where the fuck did it go. Oh. Justifying friendship as if it was such a fucking chore. Um... I mean... No. God... Maybe half the tension in his body would just leave if he just... No. The guy is probably not even like that. And... lets be honest. Is he what you want in a person? Are you what he wants? Should want? You have nothing in common. Nothing that would make this easy... Fuck we just met. Don't do this brain.

This is what happens when you don't have special time in the mornings Alex. Your brain becomes a fucking catalog of questionable things. You don't have the luxury of being depressed and horny. Especially now that you can walk around and do things you will regret. Especially when you want to make friends.

Right?

Focus dammit.

uhhh...

"I... I have never heard someone produce that Epithet from Alejandro. Uhh... Nickname. Epithet is when you take the name of someone or something and make a different name for them. The french call it a sobriquet." He chuckled... feeling a blush form on his face. God... was he going to... yeah. He was. "The name Alejandro is actually from the Greek, you know? It is a compound name." He paused, making sure his pace was nice and slow, enunciating his vowel sounds and using as few contractions as possible. "Two words or names that together make a new one. So, Alexein - the first, which means defender, or helper. And Andros - the second, which means man. So... that made Alexander. Which means defender or helper of mankind." He smiled at the other. "Which is kinda what you are doing, eh?" Nodding to the backpack the other was holding. "Of course, you are Alejandro. The Spanish cognate of Alexander. Uh... So, a word that has the same lingui- uh... the same history as another word. Yeah?" God... this was horrible. Oh god... he was not done.

"Did you know that American pizza is not really pizza? In fact most pizza is not pizza. So like, flatbreads have of course been made for like more than seven thousand years, but people just put whatever they wanted on top of it. Darius's soldiers used to make it in their shields." Gesturing with his hands and arms to convey as much meaning as he could. "They added cheese and dates. Which I suppose some today would compare to putting pineapple on pizza." He shrugged, conveying that he did not really understand why people were so up in arms over it. "Only in the 1600s when tomatoes first came from America to Italy was it referred to as pizza. And mostly poor people ate it. Technically only pizza made with those basic ingredients of tomato, mozzarella cheese and olive oil can be considered real pizza. At least according to those who first invented it. What Americans eat could be considered flatbread more than pizza pizza. But language is determined by usecase anyway so like, who even cares." Nearing the end of his rant his voice started to move faster, as he got more and more embarrassed. Fuck, please just stop. Stop talking. Take a breath. Stop. Please.

He looked down, biting his lip to keep his mouth shut. "Sorry. I was... rambling. Talking too much." He stood there awkwardly for a second. "I don't know what to say."

Last edited:

Raven
tumblr_inline_ppx6wi5nfH1t9ndkh_1280.gif

Raven wasn't surprised she guessed. Although not many pretty rich boys aren't football players-- The brunette had a knack for figuring out people. It was rather easy for her to see what someone was all about. And River? Well, she still needs some more time to peg who he really is. The girl was always good with people, always craving and getting attention whenever she wanted it and when she didn't? Raven was pretty good at avoiding it. "There is other people working here, but think of them as just... mini information grabbers. I get the front page and they get... whatever's left." That sounded kinda sad, but it wasn't all true. Small articles, jokes and advice had their own section of the paper.

Raven just made sure her stories were good enough to get front page.

She waited until River finished before she spoke. "Thank you, quarterback." She teased. A small nod was given to the boy as appreciation for his compliment. Yeah, she could definitely tell he wasn't Shakespeare. Why else would she reference sports? But back to the matter at hand. "Other kinda girl? What exactly were you expecting out of me? Shaking my pom-poms for all the boys around? I mean, I know it sounds like I've got a reputation around here, but it seems like you haven't paid much attention if you thought I was a cheerleader." She had a feeling all jocks pegged girls as the other kinda' girl.

The girls that would bow at his feet and hope for any sort of attention from him.

So maybe he was right, Raven wasn't that kinda' girl.

TheFool TheFool

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f...gif

Alejandro

His eyes took in the sights, smells and sounds. Some kids walking sipping coffee, others eating sweets or cheetos, some with headphones in, some in groups.. He took note of the kids standing at their lockers talking and laughing with each other, seeming a bit excited for school. Jay was too.. his smile didn't look weird, then. His attention was dragged back to his new friend, who was rambling again. He liked listening to him ramble- he was clearly very smart if he could talk for such long stints and not have to wait for the other person to respond. At least, Jay thought that was smart. But Donald Trump did that too. El Gringo Diablo Jay's family called him as a half-joke.

Jay's dark, hawk-like eyes widened as he listened to Alex talk. He understood that his name was the Spanish version of Alexander, but he didn't know that it was two names smushed together. Helper of man. His face lit up and he nodded eagerly. "Yes, yes! That is so cool. I didn't know that." Jay said eagerly as they perched by the drinking fountain. "Two.. two words, same meaning, yes?" He asked for clarification, and when he was told he was correct, Jay took out a water bottle and he drank from it with a small hum. "Very interesting."

Then came the pizza bit. Jay furrowed his brows and watched his lips with great intensity, trying to connect the words to Spanish and then back to english again. "So.. what you are saying is.." He tried to form the sentence, "Pizza is.. erm.." In the eye of the beholder? "Understood different? By people in other places?" He asked and furrowed his brows, not sure if he was fully grasping it. He hoped he was, but all of those big words one right after the other made it hard for him to remember the sentence and the context that came before. "Do not say sorry! No sorries with me." Jay laughed and touched his shoulder and gave it a reassuring squeeze.

TYPE TYPE

River

562999c97982b4d4980d9e4151643b898d09536e.gifv

River bit his lip,
“Just… not the creative type, I guess.” He looked at her. “Though, uh, lookin’ back, that was bad judgement on my part.” He looked at the wall, seeing scratches of newspaper articles stuck to it. Squinting so he could read some of the words on them. The headlines were definitely hooking titles. So he guessed Raven was pretty good at what she did do.

He shot his glance back to her as she continued talking. Reputation? He didn’t know where that was coming from. He knew little about the girl, apart from what Tadita said to him over twitter. And even then. She didn’t tell River much. “You’re right.”
He nodded.
“It takes a lot to, like, hold my attention.” He said, half joking. Half.
His phone buzzed in his pocket.
He ignored it.

“So well done.” He chuckled light-heartedly. He briefly looked her up and down. Taking in every part of her. There was something about her. Something that just… “I’m sorry ya took that the way ya did. I didn’t mean it like… that.”
He stuck up his pinky finger.
“Promise.”
Wiggling it.
He smiled brightly.

He put his hand down on a black wooden desk and gave it a faint knock. “So,” He started asking. Hoping to change the subject a bit.
“Where to next?”

He crossed his arms.

Soap Soap

tumblr_p05mpmeHfP1w268obo7_250.png
tumblr_p2ml8xX1uq1tyv9r3o1_250.png

Malachi Verreau

He smiled at Theo, rubbing shoulders with the gal. "Mischief? Mais non, I am but an angel of purity," he joked, shaking his head. He wondered if Fitz was doing okay, and his gaze slipped up to see-- speak of the devil-- his friend arriving with the usual Windrift clan. In no time, however, some small blonde devil latched herself onto the boy. Mal's brows furrowed and he opened his mouth to say something, but instead let a small chuckle ripple out.

He looked over when Theo shouted out to Danny, his lips pursing side to side as the other Black Mill kid just about ignored poor Theo. He turned his knees to Theo, grabbing her hands. "It's not you, it's him. Obviously. Kid's got his own issues. I'm sure it isn't personal to you, babe." He kissed her hands and gripped them tightly, instilling her with whatever positivity he could muster. Truth be told he itched for a cig, the unintended consequence of switching from hard drugs to casual cigs and marijuana, and was so close to getting up and hiding away in a corner to light up. He wanted to do something with his mouth, or his hands. Anything.

A couple of the Westbrook kids, probably the supposed 'buddies', wandered up the group. They acted like baby doe being carted straight into a lion's den. Where they really that terrifying?

"Okay, so, which one of you is Malachi?" One of the kids asked, a black guy, and Mal perked at the mention of his name. He raised a hand, grinning wide.

"C'est moi, Hello. You can call me Mal," he said as he lumbered his way over in a very fluid motion. He stuck out a hand. "You are Sebastian, then? A pleasure."

Ash
41e8831d30b2f6c78f740d07e11de38f.gif

Finally, the rest of the stupid guides arrived, and JJ made her way over to the group. She handed Ash the hot chocolate and before she could thank her, JJ was saying that she was co-captain and then she was walking away. Ash wanted to... well, she really didn't know what she wanted to do. But fuck, the day had just started and she was already annoyed and just wanted to be done.

Right. She had a job at hand to deal with, though. A Gus to show around. She could handle dealing with Tatum later and the whole "JJ as co-captain" thing. Which, well, she was obviously not pleased about.

"Really? You like photography?" She smiled up at Gus as they started walking into the building and away from the rest of the group. "No offense, but I totally didn't peg you for the whole 'soft artistic boy' type." It was teasing, but she had thought all of the Black Mill boys were the same. "Figured you were more the, uhh... pretty boy jock type." That's how they all acted on Twitter, anyway.

"It's a good surprise, though," she quickly added. At his remark about River, Ash couldn't help but laugh. What? It was funny. "Please. Even without him, I don't think you'll even make like, the top five biggest asses on campus." There were just too many jerks, namely one Kanen. Graduated or not, he was still Westbrook's biggest ass.

"Oh yeah, sorry about the whole, you know, bad welcome on Twitter." She said with a slight wince. "Just give it like a week, and it'll be fine. No one here reacts nicely to change. Like, at all. But in a week you'll be a true Westbrookian!" Ash tried to say it like it was a good thing, but it was undoubtedly not a good thing.

"Anyway, right. Tour. Let's see..." she paused mid-walk, thinking if there was even anything particularly interesting to show him, or something that Gus would like... actually want to see. "Well we actually have a photography club. A lot of the photographers help out with the school newspaper, actually." Like that one red-head that left... Actually, she was probably the only photographer.

"Anyway, otherwise everything is pretty like, easy to find. Is there anything you really want to see?"

Hypnos Hypnos

tumblr_o1l5zvki7G1tmlol5o4_250.png
tumblr_o1l5zvki7G1tmlol5o5_250.png

Norah Walsh
"Yeah, well, I was serious about wanting to go," he said and she could all but guffaw out loud. She rolled her eyes at his comment. He had seemed semi serious, but his hot-and-cold had been absolutely off-putting to the girl. She couldn’t guess someone like that. It frustrated her, to the nth degree. How was she supposed to be on top of things, and controlling this little game she had entered herself into, if it was in some kind of fucking autoplay mode? She ignored him, keeping the silence until she could really come up with something good to say in return. Something told her that fluttering about, half a lip in the air, bullshit streaming from her lips, would not fair well with Mason. He was too quick. Too angry.

He pointed out the rooms, clearly less than enthusiastic. She let her arms drop, swinging them a bit as they walked. The place was truly drab, in one of the worst ways. It seemed so… boring. There were absent posters promoting school activities, but there was no life. It seemed like a prison. At least Black Mill had an impressive color scheme on the inside. Oh, and wood floors.

Probably explained the asbestos.

At least they were away from everyone else. It felt...strange to finally be alone with him. More so in the: ‘no one else is listening and judging me for fumbling my way around this living cactus of a person, or judging that me, Norah Walsh evidently dubbed Princess, is cavorting around with the likes of an evidently dubbed Manwhore.’ She’d ask about her classes, and she was just about to, but he whirled around.

“Ok, why the fuck would I have an issue with you?” Norah raised her eyebrows, crossing her arms again. "Because I really fucking don't and I want to take you the observatory. Look at stars and shit. I wasn't... lying or whatever the fuck you think I was doing. I was serious."

I didn’t think you were lying,” she said through clenched teeth, leaning forward. “But I didn’t appreciate how fast you jumped on my ass. It seemed disingenuous, if anything. If you want to take a girl on a date, Mason, you don’t make her feel like shit for wanting to help.” She shook her head, breaking the gaze to laugh emptily at the wall.

I don’t get you, and I’m not going to pretend to get you. I’ll be frank about that,” she said with a lower voice, finding his eyes again. The pissed-off-bitch thing dropped for that moment, and she let it known. Her demeanor softened, real-intent visible beyond her eyes.

But I’d like to know you. Real you. None of this angry, facade bullshit. And don’t tell me that isn’t the case because it is, I know that much; I do the exact same thing.” A bold thought entered her mind, and a wicked smile crossed her face. She half lingered forward, raising a hand to press delicately against his chest. Norah tilted her head, looking up at him and teasing just a bit closer.

So how about you show me where my classes are, we play it cool for a few days, and then we see where our observatory date leads things?

A lusty breath of a moment. The hallway was empty, and Norah was glad.

Last edited:
Hair.gif
How come every time he tried to shape up, to become better, Kanen went and ruined it for himself? Every opportunity, every chance, he threw it away like trash. Time and time again, over and over. It was a pattern at this point. He tried to get better, got sick of trying, and plunged himself down to new lows. But why?

Kanen had asked himself the same question dozens of times. Every time he came up with a new answer. There was always something to blame. His drunk father. His absentee mother. His addiction. His depression. Kanen always had an excuse. Something to point his finger at when things took a turn for the worst. This time was a little different though.

It was Kanen's fault, all along. He was just a shitty person. And you know what? He was ok with that. He'd gone through hell. Why shouldn't anyone else? Why should he hold himself to everyone else's standards when it was just easier doing things his own way. Let everyone say what they wanted. No one was every really going to change their mind about him. Kanen would always just be the 'drug dealer' or the 'addict' or the 'drunk'. That's what they wanted him to be? Hell, that's what Kanen wanted too. Why not let 'em have it.

Be careful what you wish for.

The door to Elise's office swung open slowly before Kanen walked in, laying his jacket over the back of one of the chairs like it was
his office, not hers. Wordlessly, he closed the door, the 'click' of the handle being drowned out by the low murmur of students out in the hallways. His movements were almost methodical. One step after another. Like he'd come into the office a thousand times before. Granted, he had. Normally not like this though.

"We need to renegotiate our arrangement." Kanen announced, finally coming to sit in the chair directly across from Elise. His face looked uninterested. Bored even. No smile hinting at the corners of his lips. He could've been listening to a lecture on 'The History of Sliced Bread'. Kanen's expression wasn't just blank. It was empty.

If not for his eyes.

His eyes betrayed the disinterested look on his face. They were sharp as ever, peering across the desk at the witch on the other side. Kanen was plotting, just as he was sure Elise was too. Too vipers, both ripe with ambition.

Kanen didn't respect Elise. Not in the slightest. But just because he didn't respect her, didn't mean he wouldn't acknowledge her. Were they really all that different? Ok, sure. There were obvious differences. Elise didn't go bruising her knuckles and Kanen didn't dress like Hillary Clinton knock-off. But weren't they both willing to cross lines? Weren't they both well accustomed to cheating their way through life? Elise had practically admitted to as much when she had hired him in the first place. Having Kanen at the school was like having cheat codes to a video game. Elise didn't have to follow the traditional rules when she had Kanen to beat and abuse anyone that stepped out of line.

Elise was just as crooked as Kanen was. The only difference was Kanen wore his vileness on his sleeve. Like a badge of honor. Elise spent all her time trying to convince the world she was a saint. 'Just in it for the kids.' Yeah, as if. Elise cared about her reputation. Nothing else mattered. Kanen wouldn't be surprised if she tried running for office.

Having given Elise enough time to sit in silence, Kanen went on. "You're going to take that fancy pen of yours..." He began, lazily waving a finger at the shiny silver pen on her desk. "...and you're going to go ahead and write a letter to Judge Maxson for me, detailing all the good I've done and testifying to my newfound good-nature." Kanen smiled. A cocky grin with no sincerity. "Tell Judge Maxson you think it's appropriate for my probation to end early. Fatten his wallet if you need to. Hell, get on your knees and choke on his dick for all I care. But you're going to get me off of probation." He finished now.

Kanen was already prepared for her refusal. Which was fine. He was perfectly happy ruining that pristine reputation of hers. She'd dug her own grave out of the dirt she'd given him. How quick would Elise be thrown out of high society when Kanen started running his mouth?

Winona Winona

Elise
giphy.gif

She didn't once look up as Kanen stepped into the office and took a seat across from her, and started making demands. Elise kept her gaze on the paperwork at hand, her jaw set, her hand clenching the pen. It was strange. She had managed to keep her calm so many times before, but now? Now, well... she wanted Kanen out. Needed Kanen gone.

"This morning, I had students come to me upset over a Twitter exchange that you had where they said that you were trying to frame my daughter for sleeping with you in the art classroom over the weekend." Elise finally placed her pen down and looked up from the paperwork, clasping her hands together. Trying to steady herself.

She waited a moment, letting her words sink in, and then she reached over and pulled open her top desk drawer. Elise reached in and then pulled out a bracelet, holding it up and letting it dangle over the desk between herself and Kanen. Of course Kanen would never recognize it -- apparently, he only paid attention to her daughter when he wanted something. But for Elise? She recognized it. Her daughter hadn't taken it off since the accident, all those months ago.

"This morning, Miss Romero the art teacher brought me this bracelet. She was so... confused because she hadn't seen this when she closed her classroom up on Friday. However then today, there it was. And you know, I thought how strange. Ash has a bracelet just like that one that Jace got her after the accident. She counts the beads when she's nervous. And then I have students coming in here, showing me what you were saying to my daughter about the art classroom over the weekend."

Elise dropped the bracelet onto her desk and leaned back in her chair.

"You weren't lying, were you? That is Ash's bracelet and you slept with my daughter in the art classroom over the weekend. And then you come in here, expecting me to answer your demands?"

No. Kanen may have thought he had things on her, but Elise could buy her way out of anything. The only reason she had hired Kanen was because she knew that soft spot that her daughter had for him, and Elise had thought that maybe, her daughter would stop seeing her as the devil incarnate if Elise helped out the despicable boy in front of her.

"You're fired. And I will get the judge to lift your probation, but on my own conditions. You leave. You leave this town and you never come back."

High5ives High5ives

A L E X - S H A R P
@sharpattack
image0-1.gif

Alejandro || dendygar dendygar - Ryan || geminiy geminiy

Alex smiled at the comfort. "Sorry. I will try being a bit more... I will talk less." He flinched. "Sorry. For the sorry. I make many mistakes." He poked his own head. "I don't focus." He cleared his throat, trying to convey a shade more of a serious note. "I have not had a friend. In a long ... long... long time." The words hung in the air for a second or two. Looking the other in the eyes, he leaned back against the wall. "Do you do sport?" He tried to gesture sport... realizing he had no idea what to do. "You know. Football. Rugby. Tennis?" He scratched his chin. "I never really played sports. Too lazy." Laughing loudly, he patted the other's arm. "You seem like you would. Very... healthy looking." Another awkward chuckle for a second. Then they stood together again.

"I like computers. The Internet. I study how they work. I like to-" he waggled his fingers in front of him. "-type a lot. And play games like that. Do you know coding? So, for a computer to do things it must understand what you want it to do. The language we use for that between us and the computer is coding. Yeah? So, if you understand computer code, you can talk to the computer. And make computer programs. I work mostly with how computers talk to each-other. Networking." God. He hoped all of this was getting through. "Do you like computers?" His eyes kept focused on the other's eyes - trying to see if he was getting confused. Slowing down, and repeating words when the other frowned. "Most people here don't like that. They call me Nerd. It should be a bad thing. But I don't mind." He pouted playfully, showing that he was not really sad or angry. "Calling them Jocks does the opposite of shaming them though. They like being called pretty, muscle clad dumb-asses." He shrugged against the wall. "So it is a bit unfair."

As he lay his head back, he heard the sounds of a piano through the wall. Turning his head sideways, he placed his ear against it, closing his eyes. "There is someone playing piano..." He gestured with his thumb to the wall. "Come on. I wanna see." Not waiting for the other, knowing that he can easily match and surpass his pace, Alex limped over tot he doorway, opening it, smiling when the jazzy notes flooded his ears. "Hey, come on." He smiled at Jay, pointing to the guy playing, who seemed really into it. He did not even notice them arriving. "Shhh" Placing his finger over his mouth, he winked at Jay, softly waddling over to the guy at the piano.

The music was... interesting. A lot of focus on the base notes. Less melodic, having almost a percussion-like quality. Not something that he recognized. "Hey-" He leaned over. "Let him finish, I wanna watch. See how he plays." Sneaking closer, his eyes followed the other's fingers. Similar to his. Long. Thin. Strong. They looked like they could type for days. Nice. Hovering close to Ryan, he looked to Jay over his shoulder. Raising a hand, making the universal "OK" sign, signalling that he liked the music, before raising his shoulders, as if asking Jay what he thought.

tumblr_inline_oo4b5wSITY1uogu26_250.gifv

Tatum could tell Theo was being genuine, but it was hard when neither of them knew each other but were being forced to interact. She could only hope she didn’t fuck everything up, because if she did it was her head that would be served to Elise and right now Tatum just couldn’t handle that. She gave a small smile to the girl and looked to all her friends and she could only assume none of them were that thrilled either to be at Westbrook. They had all probably been used to their school and now they were shoved into Westbrook of all places. She motioned for Theo to follow, “Well Theo, this is Westbrook, your own personal hell. Like any high school is.” She joked a little trying to keep the mood light, “Let’s see where to start.” She was quiet for a moment trying to keep her thoughts composed, “This is the main hallway I suppose. It’s not a big school, lockers are easy to figure out, hit them once if they don’t open and you’re in. Lunch sucks here so bring your own food.” Tatum was walking as she spoke with Theo now. She looked back at her and smiled.

She was trying to think of a good conversation, “You said you liked coffee, right?” Tatum questioned the girl. She vaguely remembered a Twitter conversation, but coffee was a good way to try and make friends. Anyone that liked a good cup was okay in Tatum’s book. Without her normal dose of feeling nothing she was forced to feel and try and be social. She could feel her anxiety creeping up on her as she spoke, but she shoved it down, she wasn’t going to lose her shit around Theo. She needed to keep herself composed for everyone around her. She had responsibilities to uphold as well as her image.

TheFool TheFool
--
68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f717a485f3955712d4a71636766413d3d2d3534333136373134342e313532383035626335663432373933303637383030313539313833352e676966

Cam had been shocked when Dita sprung on him almost dropping his books. He wasn’t one to scare easily but occasionally when he was in his own world and thoughts, he would disappear for just a moment and anyone could scare him. He turned towards the two girls, “Hey Dita.” He looked over to her friend, “Nice to meet you Nyoko, I’m Camden, but I go by Cam. Pleasure to meet you.” Cam didn’t know everyone at Westbrook yet, but he was working on it. He wanted to try and know everyone or at least as many people as he could remember. He enjoyed having friends and getting to know people. It was nice for him not to see River hovering around Dita.

He had gathered his supplies and fully turned his attention towards the two girls, “So what’s up D?” He wondered if the girl had any big plans for the day, she had always seemed to have something planned after school and usually Cam missed hanging out because of practice but he did want to spend more time with his friends and not the jocks. Though, the jocks weren’t bad once you got to know them, they were quite fun and he enjoyed joking around with all of them. But it wasn’t the same as if he got to spend time with the friends he actually wanted to see.

dendygar dendygar Twin Fantasy Twin Fantasy

Hair.gif

Kanen's eyes fell on the bracelet clutched clutched in Elise's hands. He didn't move when it clattered to the top of her desk. News traveled quickly apparently. Kanen hadn't expected Elise to find out so soon, but he wasn't against it. It was almost off putting seeing Elise upset over something. Normally she was so cool.

Then she started speaking, leaning back in her chair like she'd just delivered some fatal blow.

He'd overestimated her. So certain there would be some push back or debate, and she was just folding to him? She might've fired him, but that was hardly an issue. Demanding he leave? Kanen had wanted to since the day he'd gotten out. She'd tried to slap him with punishments and she'd only given him what he wanted. Not that Kanen would be leaving right away, of course. But She didn't need to know that.

Kanen's face remained blank. Let her keep thinking she was winning here. As much as Kanen wanted to just laugh in her face, he stayed quiet, just watching her. It was fun knowing he'd gotten under her skin. Every other time he had tried, Elise just brushed him off. Finally breaking through was satisfying, even if he couldn't rub it in her face. Not now anyways. Maybe some other time, when Elise had nothing else to hold over him. What Kanen wouldn't give to really make Elise snap. He was sure that'd be quite the show. Elise, who was always cold as ice, blowing her gasket. Going ballistic. Kanen was pretty sure he wasn't the only one who'd pay to see that either.

"Make the call then." He said with a shrug. He glanced at the phone. "You get me off, and I'm out of your hair." That wasn't entirely a lie. Kanen wasn't going to go out of his way to try and go after Elise. Sure, if the opportunity arose, he'd be happy to take a few jabs at her, but risking himself for a laugh seemed silly. Even to him. Besides, it would be nice to just quit while he was ahead. Let her sit and fester while he was free to do whatever he wanted again.

Winona Winona

Alejandro

"Yes, I play.. erm,"
He knew this word! "Football, american? American football." He clarified and smiled. "Football too.. soccer." He clarified. "I want to be in the team." It gave him something to do after school rather than just sitting around at home. And he also had to get a job at some point- working full time preferably. It was all very daunting. Being s full-time student, full-time worker and on the football team..? Aunt Rosa told him that he didn't have to join the team if he didn't want, or he could work part time if he preferred. That's not what Jay wanted. Jay didn't seem too thrown off when his new friend touched his arm, thanking him for the compliment.

When the brunette started to talk about computers was where he got a little lost, but Alex was doing a really good job of slowing things down and making it easy to digest. Computers can talk, and he can talk to computers. And those computers talk to other computers. That was pretty much how he was understanding what Alex was saying, watching his blue eyes eagerly as they exchanged in conversation. "What?" he asked in confusion. "Why don't they like?" Jay asked. But he didn't really get an answer, so he was just going to let it go and not press it. Suddenly, Alex was on the move again. Jay missed what he'd said initially, and so he walked along beside him worriedly. They arrived at a room with a piano, and someone sitting and playing it.

Jay nodded when Alex told him to stay quiet, listening to the notes with a small hum. Musical talent didn't really come from his side of the family. Tadita was obviously very good at singing and the drums, but his side were sportsy and athletic. His cousin got the best of both. Music was a universal language, almost anyone could understand the meaning of it no matter the alphabet used. His eyes widened in mild panic as Alex.. started to sneak up on him? Jay frowned and mouthed at him 'no', lifting his hands up in worry. What the hell was he doing? Jay liked the music too, but not enough to sneak up on the poor kid playing it.

geminiy geminiy TYPE TYPE

-

Tadita

As Cam's books shifted and almost fell, Tadita was moving right along with them, almost going in to try to save them from hitting the ground and causing a ruckus. But Cam had some killer reflexes, and Tadita sighed in relief. "Good save, my dude." She gave him a small high-five and adjusted the strings of her backpack. "Nothing really, it's my cousin's first day here as an American student. It's pretty insane." Dita commented and pushed some of her dark hair behind her ears. "He wandered off to go to the bathroom.. He must have found his first class by now. His name's Jay, got gnarly thick eyebrows. He's super sweet." She bragged.

Tadita had every reason to brag. He made his parents proud, he didn't lie to them, he was taken the resources given to him and using them to his full advantage. "He's living in the living room for now until his family can finish moving here and stuff. Hmm.." She thought of what else was happening in her life. A lot of things were, but she wasn't going to burden Cam with them. "Gotta run and errand before track practice.. probably gonna sign up for the hockey team. Other than that," She yawned and covered her mouth tiredly, "I don't have anything planned." She left out seeing River after practice. "What about you? How's Parker?" She asked and leaned against the locker, winking at a friend who walked passed before turning her attention back to her lovely Cam.

Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler Twin Fantasy Twin Fantasy

Gus Windrift
Gus.jpg

Walking slowly so that he could remain in step with his much shorter buddy, and her tiny strides, Gus allowed his eyes to wander as they began to move through the school, examining the battered walls and well worn carpets. Having been in private education throughout the entirety of his life thus far, there was something that he found so quaintly charming about this little school. It certainly wasn’t as extravagant as Black Mill had been, but it didn’t try to hide that fact either, and without all of the grandstanding and showmanship of his previous school, everything at Westbrook felt a whole lot more grounded. Like he had been living his life in Narnia, and he had just stepped back through the wardrobe into the drab actuality of real life.

Except in this case, Narnia had been an overly pretentious private school, and the real world was Westbrook. Not bad, but certainly a drastic change of pace.

‘Don’t be so quick to exonerate me from your scorn. My pictures may be fly, but I still played Wide Receiver for the Peacock’s.’ Another grin. ‘I may not be overly pretty, but I’m definitely a dumb jock.’

Even if things had gotten off to an initially rocky start, it at least seemed that Ash was marginally more comfortable around him now. He even got a smile, which, in Gus’ experience could mean a lot of things from a girl, but he was going to take this as a good sign. God knows how he was going to cope if everyone here hated him.

‘That being said, I was pretty trash, so I’m sure the Westbrook team could run circles around me. You guys are the wolves, right?’ He was being modest. He had never been a huge asset to the team like his brother and Walshy had been, nor was he likely to ever play professionally, but he had been passable. There was nothing you couldn’t do with the right energy and a can-do attitude, and Gus certainly had enough energy to spare.

‘But yeah, everyone’s gotta have hobbies, right? Can’t put all your eggs in one basket. I used to take a few pics for the school newspaper.’ Of which, his buddy Kim had been the editor, and could find no one else to agree to take the photographer job, though Gus neglected to mention that for the moment.

‘I used to be pretty nifty with a guitar too, but I haven’t played in a while. It’s hard to keep a solid band together when your drummer moves halfway across the country, and your bass player is in South Korea. Asbestos really is a bitch.’

He was rambling now, so he turned his attention back to his buddy for a second. If he had to, Gus Windrift could talk about himself non-stop for several hours at a time, but he figured that this wasn’t exactly the way he was going to integrate himself into the Westbrook eco-system. ‘What about you? What does a veteran Westbrooker like yourself do for fun? You seem like a pretty cool dude, so I assume you know all the good shit around campus.’

Her comments about the excessive number of assholes that populated the school might have been a cause for worry, though Gus always found himself particularly adept at avoiding those kinds of people. ‘An exceptional coward’ as his father was want to say. All those people except for Walshy, though deep down River Walsh definitely wasn’t as big a dickhead as some might have you believe. ‘Well I guess I’m gonna have to up my jackassery if I’m gonna make the finals. I do really hate losing.’ A joke. He just hoped that she took it that way.

‘Uh, I guess I’d just wanna see anything that’s actually worth seeing. Look around the pitch. Nose into the music room. That kinda shit.’

Winona Winona

Last edited:

Theo

original.gif

“Your own personal hell -
Like any high school is.”

Theo giggled. Tatum wasn’t wrong, definitely. Westbrook had however, so far, seemed to her as more of a purgatory. A state of passing through. This wasn’t hell. Not yet anyway. She followed the blonde girl, unwinding the scarf from around her neck as they both wound down hallways. She exchanged a friendly smile with a group of girls who were all standing by a water fountain. She did the same with a guy who walked past. She didn’t know how long she’d be in this ‘purgatory’ - so she might as well make the absolute most of it. Less hell, and more… average everyday life of a high schooler. Though people would say both those things are one in the same.

Theo shared the smile with Tatum when the girl shot her a glance.

She seemed… nice.
And Theo was thankful. She knew how it hard it could be to just strike up a conversation with someone you’ve never met and explain basic shit to them. Theo was good at that sort of thing, usually. Perhaps Tatum wasn’t. But even if she wasn’t -
She was masking it quite well.

“I did, yeah.” Theo replied. Tatum was definitely just trying to make conversation. Fill any gaps of silence with her words. But, Theo was glad for it. “I’m a sucker for a good cappuccino. Or a macchiato if I’m feeling adventurous.”
She giggled, again.

“I tried the, um, coffee… at the coffee stand. At the fair? Sleeping Hedgehog was it?” Her pace of walking quickened so that she wasn’t falling behind in the tour.
“It was… pretty good. I love the eco-friendly paper cups.” She was lying. About it being good anyway. The cups were fab. Theo wouldn’t usually lie, but it was a trivial thing and she didn’t want to seem like a big negative bitch.
The coffee here tastes like sweaty man ass.
That wouldn’t paint a good first impression whatsoever. Especially since the coffee shop was apparently owned by a Westbrook student’s family or something.

When she finished talking,
Theo felt a sense of… something. There was an awkwardness. An anxious deafening. Theo smiled at a few more people who passed her and Tatum by. Tatum had been doing a good job at showing her around, sure -
But,
Theo could sense she was nervous. Quick, Theo. She thought to herself. Something fun, something interesting. Something that would get a conversation going. And not related to some stupid grounded up beans.
“So…”
Theo began.

“Boys. Help a girl out. Which ones do I need to steer clear of? And which ones do I need to like… OBSESS over.” She asked. Smiling widely.
Still following her buddy.

Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler

Milos
tumblr_inline_ou1fa3qDI91ufy0cv_250.gifv

The fire at the festival had cut his second attempt at a date with Cam short -- or, well, non-existent. Coupled with the large group that had ended up forming all around them, there had been no way that Milos could get Cam alone. It had been a disappointment, but it was fine. After all, it hadn't even really been a date date, right?

He got to his locker and at first, was confused about why there was something taped to it. Milos looked around at the other lockers to see if maybe everyone had something, and was confused to see nothing else. Curiously, he walked closer to his locker and realized that it was a... sun keychain? He saw the little note attached and read it over, and a huge smile broke out on his face. Of course. How could he not forget meeting Cam for the first time, when the other boy had run into a lamp post?

Milos tossed his stuff in his locker and then closed the door and, with little sun keychain in hand, he headed off to find Cam. He pushed through the crowds of students, which just seemed to be growing by the day. When had Westbrook become such a hot place to send your kids to learn? Didn't they know about the hospital trips?

Eventually, he caught sight of Cam by his locker, and Milos couldn't help. His smile grew, his heart thrummed in his chest. There were a couple girls already there, and he wondered if one of them were Cam's girlfriends. Or maybe, like, they were into Cam. Romantically. Well, Milos really hoped not, so he took in a deep breath and made his way over.

"Hello." He smiled at the two girls, and knew that he faintly recognized them from the festival. But heck, there had been so many new people that for the life of him, Milos couldn't remember their names. "I do not know your names. I am Milos. Good to meet you." Milos offered them a friendly smile, then looked up at Cam.

Milos dangled the little keychain out in front of him, the grin on his face just growing. "Gift from you, yes?"

Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler dendygar dendygar Twin Fantasy Twin Fantasy

Fitzroy Windrift III

Steven-Chevrin-Carlotta-Manaigo-23.jpg

The car ride there was average. He had gotten so used to the luxury of the Benz that the effect only seemed to wear off the more and more he travelled in it. Now it was simply...normal. Though maybe that was Gus’s driving, the mad man had probably been responsible for half the hit and runs in Massachusetts. Perhaps that was where Geoffrey always slinked off too. Dealing with the many crimes of Gus Windrift.

He couldn’t help but smirk.

He was feeling good.

A far cry to what he was days before. A mess. Good was objective, of course, but at least he wasn’t fucking begging for weed and whatever else he had needed to calm the fuck back down. Mal had certainly ...mellowed him. Though the less said about that, the better.

Or was it?

The odd times something like this happened he just felt so much more secure. So much more capable. He was who he was, fuck those that didn’t like it. It wasn’t bravery, it wasn’t his usual cowardice. It was simply normality. A bit like this fucking car in that respect. What would father say? He couldn’t rightly know. He hadn’t even opened the days old text sent to him that evening. Would he ever?

Who knew.

As they pulled in, he jumped out of the car, pulling down his shades as everyone assembled in what had to be the gates of hell. The Black Mill gang seemed to gather to one side. A clique, one could say. This buddy program wasn’t exactly off to a great start. And he hadn’t even met his yet. At least in a form that wasn’t getting blocked on Twitter. The fun times we have.

Before he could truly get stuck in, he found himself assaulted. A denizen of these hells had taken the form of an imp and attached itself to his body. He knew the face from somewhere ...Beau? Was that it? Christ. Lord above save me. He held out his hand, an eyebrow raised as he patted her head.

“Ermm, hey there...sport? Look, maybe we need to just…”

Daniel.

His eyes had spotted Norahs, and her eyes had spotted him. Him. The smile faded quickly. He wanted to walk over there, he wanted to say something, he wanted to grab his face and…

“Are you Fitzroy or whatever?”

He was. That was certain.

His eyes retreated to look at the new form that presented itself. SpaceOddity himself, in the flesh. It was like meeting royalty, if that royalty wanted your head and also called you a cumrag. That kind of thing.

“Hey, Beau. Can we pick this up later? I have a couple things I need to do. Besides, there are so many other handsome boys here. You don’t wanna miss all the fish in the sea when you already have me in a box.”

His hands gently struggled as he freed himself from the grip, careful not to hurt him or her in the process before he once more regarded Charlie.

“Yeah, that’s me. The more ugly of the two. Guess you’re Charlie? Right? We should probably start fresh.”

He handed out his hand.

“I am Fitzroy Windrift. You can call me Fitz. Nice to meet you.”

There was no intent to be malicious, no intent to continue a feud. As if anything on Twitter was actually a feud. He’d rather not spend the next few hours in abject misery. Though hell was not a sweet mistress.

At least he felt good.

@BlackMillGang Winona Winona Twin Fantasy Twin Fantasy

Raven
tumblr_inline_ppx6wi5nfH1t9ndkh_1280.gif

Raven fought off a grin and accepted his apology. She didn't blame him all that much, he didn't know her. Even if the whole uncreative cheerleader thing bugged her, it was whatever. "Next?" She wondered what they haven't saw yet, the principal's office was done, the gym, newspaper, all that was left was a few classrooms and the pool. And the chlorine filled pool sounded a bit more interesting than art class.

But she had a feeling River seemed like the playful type.

There was no way she was being pulled into a pool like a cliche with some handsome stranger-- Just because they got off to a bad start didn't mean she was blind. He was attractive. She wasn't going to lie about the guy. "Let's find out." She said with a slight raise of her eyebrows, hopping off of the desk, putting them chest to chest for a slight moment before Raven moved away from him and out of the room."So, besides bad judgement and football. What are you into? Let's learn about the fortunate." The brunette rounded a corner, keeping her gaze onto the boy beside her. She had to admit she was rather curious.

It wasn't long until Raven spotted the classroom, the door was open which was a bit surprising, but all the more reason to see whoever ended up in there and it was none other than Ash and... a random dude. "Oh look! Company. How exciting." The girl met eye contact with Ash and crossed her arms, it wasn't as if she would read her mind, but it was clear there was a slight annoyance to the brunette likely due to the 'handsome' stranger.

"Sneaking into private classrooms oh-so soon are we?"

Winona Winona (Ash) TheFool TheFool (River) Hypnos Hypnos (Gus)

tumblr_ons9u2ElBx1w976vbo8_250.gifv

Charlie McAllister

Everything about this man irritated Charlie in ways he couldn't describe.

He'd had a bad morning, but it wasn't anyone's business. He gave up a hand to shake Fitz' own, looking as disinterested as possible. Built like an Adonis, in these god-awful latex pants that even Alice Cooper would turn his nose up at. Even being as homosexual as he was, Charlie had no desire for beefed-up steroid doofuses who post on Twitter about their twenty Ferraris. His mind spoke on its own, spewing desperate words.

You entitled motherfucker. You shit. You come around with your Geoffrey and your cars and your money and expect me to fucking bend to your will? I wish it were legally feasible for me to bite that stupid smile off of your face. You and your son-of-a-bitch brother and that son-of-a-bitch River and his son-of-a-bitch sister. Go back to your fucking prep school and drink tea while I'm here shoveling shit with a broken arm. I bet both of your parents can at least say they intended to make you. I bet they can at least say that, even if they hate you, they had wanted a baby when you were conceived. Are you a mistake on their part, or just on God's? Huh? HUH?

But verbally, he said very little.

"Charlie." He mumbled. "You probably know that, though."

His cast was un-signed. Bare, and it would probably stay that way. At best, he'd get the Eddie Kaspbrak 'LOSER' stamp scrawled across it. Meanwhile this fucker would probably be sucking caviar out of a can and getting blown like a tuba. His beauty was no doubt a deformity, because the wealthy have a thing for inbreeding. Even the average sister-screwing redneck has nothing on most aristocrats when it comes to incest.

"We don't have to start fresh." Charlie's attempts to sound harsh came out more pathetic, because the real him was weak and small. "I'll just show you around and then we can never interact again, if th-that's what you want." Even unintentionally. Charlie always sounded like he might weep at any second.

// Braddington Braddington //​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back