• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

West Coast Superheroes

Pipa The Great

Certified Klutz
This is a private between @Jason Carlile and I. Please do not post here unless given permission. :) Happy reading!

~~~~~~

Julienne Parker woke up with a jolt. She wished she could say it was because she'd had a terrible nightmare, but it wasn't. No, she was living a nightmare, and this one meant that she had supernatural abilities. Once upon a time, she'd wished for her life to be above the norm, but she didn't know that would entail electric shocks coursing through her veins in the wee hours of the morning. She'd been having these attacks randomly for the last couple of days since she'd stupidly decided to touch that bizarre rock thing. She guessed that the attacks were a result of her body trying to cope with the drastic change. Jules felt it again, and she bit down a startled shout. Each one hurt more than the last, but she didn't know how to stop the pain from coming.

Slowly, she got out of bed and started to get ready for the day, knowing she wouldn't be able to fall back asleep anyways. When she glanced at the clock, she saw that it was only 4 in the morning. She had plenty of time to go out for a run, so that's exactly what she did. The one thing she did like about her new abilities was that it came in very handy for everyday issues; she could recharge her phone with a tap of her pinky, and she could run a triathlon in a matter of seconds, milliseconds even. She had no idea how she'd gotten these abilities in the first place, but she knew she would have to hide them. She knew people would see her as a freak of nature if she didn't. Keeping that in mind, Jules decided to do some errands to burn the time she had before school started. The hours passed quickly, and soon, Jules found herself going into auto-mode again, pulling up into her school's parking lot and heading to her first class of the day: English Comp.

Jax couldn't sleep. Sounds and head pains. He got up and put his headphones in and put it on the lowest setting. But it wasn't metal music. It was more mellow music. Music always soothes the soul. His body was having a hard time. It was like growing pains but ten times worse. He walked in the bathroom, he looked healthy but on the inside he felt like his insides were getting scrubbed with a wire brush. He looked at the clock in his dorm. 4 am. Christ. Haven't had a good nights rest since that night. He touched that rock thing and he felt sick. But he could run faster and his body became fit. He felt a lot more. Jax concluded that he needed air.

Jax put on a black v neck and dark blue jeans and a light button up jacket. He walked out and walked to the courtyard and slowly started lifting rocks with his mind. He learned that he could lift objects with his mind while doing homework. He was shocked by this and he practiced. But he walked around a few times while lifting rocks.

Around 8 in the morning it was time for the first class. English Comp, he was the last one in. He could hear whispers and it's just loud. He sighed and sat down in the back of the class. And quickly looked around and lifted his textbook with his mind. He delved into the book and looking up the girl sitting up a few rows ahead. She was at the party too. A lot of people were there but he didn't want to ask. Because they weren't on the same popularity scale. He sighed and trudged through the lecture.

As much as Jules loved her English class, she'd found it extremely difficult to concentrate. She'd tried her best to take a decent set of lecture notes, but there had been this constant buzzing going on in her head. She'd been perfectly fine for the first few minutes of class. Groaning to herself, she rubbed her left temple with her free hand and did the most she could until class ended. "Coffee," she whispered, standing up as the teacher dismissed them. "That's what I need, just coffee." Somehow, Jules knew that it had to do with her new powers. It even sounds crazy, she thought to herself.

Shaking her head, she picked up her books and tried to make a beeline towards the cafe, only to crash into someone in her haste and drop her belongings. "Shit," she cursed, the buzzing in her head increasing tenfold. "Sorry," she spoke louder to the person she'd bumped into. "I really need to watch where I'm going." She laughed anxiously, stooping to pick up her stuff.

Jax heard the teacher dismiss them. Jax got up and headed for the cafe to get a soft drink. Pepsi calmed and relaxed him. He ordered his pepsi and turned to walk to his computer class to tune up an app he was working on when all of a sudden WHAM. He collided with somebody. He didn't fall over or anything. He dropped his Pepsi and looked down to see a girl pick up her stuff.

The noise was loud. Espcially when she said it a little louder then her saying shit. He laughed off the pain and helped her. "Its okay. The college rush you know. Need to have eyes everywhere." he looked up and saw her. It was the girl from English. Like holy shit out of his league thing. "Ummm..hi. My name is Jax." he got up and handed her books to her. This was awkward. He felt nervous.

His body felt twitchy. Not because of the adjustments to his body. But because of the girl. Granted He wasn't scrawny or anything anymore. But still he felt like it. "Uhhh if you want to bump into me anymore you can find me at the computer lab." he threw his Pepsi and used his mind to make it in the trash and turned towards the computer lab feeling awkward and stupid.

The moment she got a look at the guy's eyes, the annoying vibrations in her head immediately ceased to exist. Huh, that's weird. Not the first time something so strange had happened to her, though. Especially within the last week. Nevertheless, she was glad for the peace of mind. Literally. Jules smiled gratefully at the boy, feeling in a much better mood. She stood and accepted her books back. "Thanks, uh, Jax." Before she could properly introduce herself though, he was mentioning something about the computer lab and and jetting off. "Oh, okay. Bye!" She chuckled a little, finding his nervousness odd and strangely adorable.

She'd seen the guy around a few times before, but most of her friends usually told her to avoid the quiet ones. Frankly, she found his reaction to her refreshing, seeing as most of the other male students expected her to appreciate their sleazy smiles and lame one-liners. She waved the thoughts away, then noticed that he'd lost his Pepsi because she'd walked right into him. She went ahead and bought herself a cappuccino and a soda. She thought she would pass by the lab and just drop it off since she had a free period next anyways. She made her way to where she'd seen him last, following what was probably the route he'd taken. Once she was inside, her eyes scanned over the few heads that were in there and spotted Jax's. She walked to him and held out the can of Pepsi. "For you. Sorry for making you drop the last one."

Jax nodded and did a wave behind his back. The noise level subdued when he was looking at her. He sat down and opened up his dropbox and pulled his his project. It was a way to call and listen to music at the same time on your phone. He thought about it and he may have the answer. He spent a lot of time on it and heard someone approach him. He heard the familiar thunk of a Pepsi hit his desk and he turned and saw her again. He felt nervous again. "Uhhh.." He looked at her then to the Pepsi then to her. Play it cool man you got this. "Thanks. I appreciate it." He smiled warmly and popped it open. He took a deep drink. The noise level reduced and he finished his coding sequence and looked at her. "Why do this? It was no big deal." he chuckled nervously and pulled up a website and was satisfied that his card went up in price. He closed out of the browser and spun to look at her. Nerves twitching.

"So..uhh nice party right?" he knew her from there and he was trying to stir up conversation until next period. His least favorite, trig. He can do it just repetitive and he hated it.

Jules hesitated. She wasn't really sure why she made such an effort to give him his soda, but something told her it had to do with the fact that her dreadful headache had gone away when he spoke to her. She sort of felt like she owed him for that, in a weird way. She casually shrugged, deciding it would be best to come up with another excuse. The real one was just lame. "Dunno. I guess I just wanted to be nice." Surely, she wouldn't have been as chill as he was if someone had forced her to drop her own drink. Sometimes, she forgot her place as a student and treated people badly. It was definitely karma. All of her bad deeds finally came back and bit her in the ass, and now she was some freak with crazy superpowers.

Jules cleared her throat and gave her attention back to Jax. She bristled when he mentioned the party, but she tried not to show it. "Hm? You mean at Bobby's?" Honestly, she hadn't even seen him there, there were so many people. Slowly she nodded. "Um, yeah. Not really my scene though, to tell you the truth." For some reason, Jules felt like she could say whatever she wanted in front of Jax, like he wouldn't judge her.

Jax laughed and got up. "Bobby to me is a hypocritical prick. But he throws nice parties. Especially if you went." he smiled and played it off. He had some bad blood with Bobby. But hey party's a party. He got up and walked out and motioned for her. "You gonna stand there looking at my computer?" he smiled hoping she wouldn't label him weird. Trig was in 5 minutes and He wanted to keep talking to this girl. Made his pain go away. He pushed in his chair with his mind while she wasn't looking and turned and walked.

Jax felt different. Nervous. He heard about this girl Jules. She was popular and he would never fit in with her. But he was shocked that she talked to him and hell even gave him another Pepsi. He was grateful and this party changed a lot. He was weary. But also accepting the change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back