West Blue Arc: The Hallows

/monthly_2016_11/5831c3b85237b_CygnusBanner.thumb.jpg.07e059b45358b8e7de5b35020c855e3a.jpg

Cygnus ducked further away into the dark alley as he saw Scarlet and the rest of the crew. It was very tempting to just shout to them and let them help. Just as tempting as it was to reply to Limstella's shouting, but he couldn't. Not yet. Heck, he even considered switching his wing for one of the villager's arms. Then that person could deal with his shit. However, that was not the way Cygnus Albireo would handle his problems. Every rash decision or morally grey solution was an insult to his mothers way of raising him. Besides, he had survived for years on his own. Why was this time different? Deep in his heart he knew the answer. This time he was not on his own. This time he had people to care for. This time his egoistic decisions could bring others with him. That ... and he still needed a ship to get out of here with people he sort of trusted. So, he had to keep his patience.

He moved towards the next alley, using all the stealth he could muster in order to remain unseen. His eyes scanned the crowd of people who were looking in all kinds of hiding places. (One lady even turned over a planter. Really?) They did not realize he was hiding in plain sight. Not that his disguise was that good. He had just picked a brown bed sheet and used it as a hood, which he had stolen from a washing line. It was a shame that nothing else on the line had fit. Most shirts were not made to conceal wings underneath. That was exactly what he was here for. His eyes found what he was looking for. The guy stood out from the rest. Cygnus had studied him for quite some time now. He had deducted that the man was not from here. He probably been here for quite some time now as he appeared to have some superficial relationships with the people around here. And that meant that he was not the thief everybody was looking for. Exactly what Cygnus needed, an outsider who could be trusted. Most importantly, the guy was a tailor and Cygnus was in dire need for one.

You might wonder why he hadn't approached the man yet. He had confirmed that this man was his best chance a little while ago. It was also not his fear. In times of great danger even Cygnus had his moments. It was just that Cygnus was 'most wanted' in town. Not even a brown bed sheet could save him if he stepped out in the open. So, he was patiently waiting for the guy to get away from the open. And that opportunity came now. The guy was very close to an alley on the other side of the street and in that alley was big trash container to hide behind. A cat was searching through the waste. "Shambles" "hghghghghghghs!" "AAAH! Get this beast of me." On the other side of the street a man stumbled onto the street with a cat on his chest which was viciously clawing at the man. "Sorry," Cygnus mumbled under his breath while he climbed out of the trash container. He gagged. The smell was terrible. He made a note to himself that he needed to wash the bedsheet before returning it. If he would return it at all. Focus! Right, kidnapping the tailor. The eyes of the people on the street were still on the cat that just jumped of the mans breast and was elegantly walking towards the other alley. In two steps Cygnus reached the tailor. From behind he put his wing before the guys mouth and his good arm over his belly and pulled him back in the alley and behind the container. He turned the guy around while keeping his wing on the mouth. "Shhhh!" He whispered. "D-don't scream. I mean you no harm. I j-just need you to save me!"

@Stormborn Targaryen

Captain Scarlet Johanna Indigrid and Cletus T. Bass

"I'm not that old," Cletus grumbled after taking a drag on his cigarette. He didn't see himself as the grandpa figure; he figured he was more of a mentor, maybe father figure once enough time has passed. With no children of his own he wasn't really in a position to become a grandfather anyway. The old man took another drag and grufly sighed at his thoughts. "They're probably not, but it wouldn't hurt to check..." Cletus replied, not sounding optimistic, before he started to follow his Captain.

Scarlet considered Cletus's comment... the second one, not the one about him being old. As far as she was concerned, that one wasn't really debatable, but it also didn't seem to be worth discussing. "Can you think of a better place to start? When we left Limstella and Cygnus, that was where we left them. I'm not exactly sure where they would go." The captain mentioned it not because she was uncertain of her own decision, but because she was certain that better options probably existed and she really wasn't sure what they would be. Maybe Cletus knew.

"Don't get me wrong, the inn is a good place to start, I'm just sayin' don't get your hopes up," Cletus replied as he smoked. "It's just as likely that our crew could be in one of the diners, shops, or even on their way to the ship...if they're not in jail," he added, grumbling the jail part mostly to himself. "Finding people isn't an easy thing to do since you only see things from your own perspective, but this island seems small enough; if we don't find them first they'll probably find us."

Scarlet considered all that he said and she had a few thoughts on the matter. Firstly, she did not think that her crew members had been arrested. When they spoke to Dale that morning, if he had wanted to, he could have arrested all of them then and there, but he didn't. It wouldn't make sense for him to turn around and later arrest only several members of her crew. Then again, Cletus had left before much of that discussion had happened, if she remembered right.

"I don't think they're in jail. Limstella did mention being hungry but I think the inn was serving breakfast. I'm not sure if she would have stopped there or not." Scarlet wasn't sure how much those details would help.

"Not yet anway," Cletus pessimisticly thought. It was only a matter of time before hell broke loose, but that wasn't anything Scarlet would want to hear right now. "We're almost at the inn. Let's take a quick look inside and if they're not there maybe the front desk worker can point us in a direction."

"That sounds fair," Scarlet agreed as they approached the entrance. By now she had gotten used to all the eyes that watched them as they moved around although guessing by some of the gazes that met her as her hand reached for the door, Scarlet kinda guessed that maybe they were interrupting something more than what had been ensuing earlier. And she half expected to stumble upon Dale behind the door. It certainly wouldn't be a terrible thing because she wanted to ask why everyone seemed to suspect them of doing something awful. However, when she opened up the door, he wasn't actually there. That expectation simply fell short then and there.

That didn't mean that they weren't walking in on something, though. There was a group of men gathered around the table and once Scarlet and Cletus walked in, they fell absolutely and completely silent. Everyone clamped up.

There was also no one from their crew in the room.

Cletus glanced over at the men at the table; either they were intimitated by his openly holstered weapons, or they were discussing something they wanted to keep a secret. Either way, he didn't want to press the matter. If these men intended to harm them later, he'd deal with it then. For the time being, he ingnored the men and started to walk toward the hotel room the Red Ribbon Pirates had stayed in.

Scarlet saw where Cletus was headed and while she knew it was a good idea, she also felt no inclination to follow him. One person could check the room without a follower joining them. Instead of following him up the stairs and to their former room, the pirate capatin walked towards the bar and the bartender standing behind it.

"Hello there, Miss," the bartender greeted her although his voice was not as cheerful as it should have been with those words. "Can I get you anything?"

Promptly, Scarlet shook her head. "Probably not that you want to. I'm wondering if you've seen any of my crewmates as of late. We're trying to find them because I messed up. I wasn't exactly specific as to where they were to meet me later."

"Ahh," he sighed and then he went back to washing some mugs as he spoke. There were plenty to wash, after all. "Well, as to where the cloaked blasphemist went, you're guess is as good as ours. The girl was trying to follow him and making a lot of ruckus. I'm 'fraid that's all I know and can say."

Her brow furrowed in lack of understanding. 'Cloaked blasphemist?' Although she wanted to know what he meant by that, it seemed like a bad idea to try and press for further information. Instead, she went to wait for Cletus's return, realizing that if they were going to find their friends, they probably weren't going to be able to get much help in doing so.

Cletus returned shortly after. He hadn't seen any crew members in the room. He looked at Scarlet and shook his head, though she probably already knew that they weren't there. Cletus started to head toward the exit while glancing at the men gathered around the table, just in case they tried something. He figured Scarlet would follow him out. With the other men around, he'd much rather talk outside anyway.

And Scarlet did follow him out. That was an obvious enough next step to take.

"Well, it seems we're not going to get any help from them. The man said something about a cloaked blasphemist which... couldn't be Limstella, but Cygnus... he just isn't like that. It only makes things more confusing." She wondered if Cletus would have any different thoughts.

"If it was Cygnus, it sounds like he must have said something the religious here didn't like... As long as he didn't say anything that made it sound like he was captured, then I'm sure he's OK for now; maybe he's on his way to the ship." He exhailed smoke. "Maybe Limstella is too."

After a determined sigh, Scarlet nodded. "Alright. Well, I guess it's time to start looking with our own eyes then. He said Limstella was being loud earlier which probably means she didn't go far." Without a moment's delay, Scarlet turned and started walking through town with quick steps, her eyes and head both set upon a swivel to watch and see if she could spot their lost crewmates.

Cletus followed his Captain, but didn't walk as fast as she did; instead he walked a few paces behind her. He also kept an eye out for the rest of the crew and eventually spotted Limstella. Only she wasn't alone; another girl was with her. "Limestella at ten o' clock, Captain," he said as he smoked. "Looks like she found a friend," he added gruffly, before making his way over to Limstella.

The minute that Cletus said something, Scarlet's head was turning so fast that her hair whipped around and slapped her in the face. It wasn't something that bothered her at all; it was more of a regular occurance, actually, but it happened. "Limstella!" she called out to the girl. Running up to her, she stopped just a few steps short of outright attacking her.

As her eyes shifted to the girl with her crewmate, Scarlet asked, "Who's your friend?" There was hesitance in her voice because people on the island didn't exactly trust them right now and that made it hard to trust anyone else she didn't already know. There were so many things that could go wrong with that. For once, Scarlet realized that trust could be a dangerous thing.

Collab with: @DaughterofAthena
@TheForgottenDoll @Nenma Takashi

Last edited by a moderator:

Limstella

[SIZE= 14px]Limstella instantly whirled around to see Scarlet, and the shipwright. "Ah cap you're here!" Limstella said as she walked towards them stopping when she was close enough. "I have so much to tell you right now, and" Grasping for air, since she spoke too quickly, she fixed her hat back where she liked it, and looked around to see if Cygnus was nearby. "Cygnus ate a devil fruit" Limstella managed to say as she continued rather slowly. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]Of course the only person she thought that was useless was in fact a big deal in the pirate world, why him though. "While I was busy he exited out rather quickly out of the Inn, spouted some nonsense to the Seer, and now he poof into thin air" As Limstella summarized she put a hand onto forehead, and whipped off the sweat before looking at Tamashi. "This is Tamashi she said she wanted to join the crew, and she is helping me find Cygnus" [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]@Nenma Takashi @DaughterofAthena @shadowdude505[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px](I hope this is enough for the time being)[/SIZE]

Making his way through the streets, mostly just sticking towards the walls and hugging the buildings should large groups of people walk by so that he'd be out of the way, Shannon did his best to locate the direction he needed. However, with the twists and turns of the streets and the fact that he'd never really explored much outisde of his simplistic ship set ups, it wasn't too hard for him to lose himself amongst the buildings.

Sighing inwardly, the small boy stopped at a corner and started trying to get his bearings, starting to come to terms with the fact that he would likely have to seek help of somesort. Pulling his pad out from his robes, he quickly penned out a simple message stating that he didn't speak, and sought trade with the local herbalists and medicants. 

Just a few moments later a younger girl, though still taller than he, and her mother were walking by when he attempted to wave at one of them. Seemingly caught up in her tasks the mother walked past, but her daughter stopped for a moment and regarded Shannon as he showed her his note. 

Seconds later he was wincing as she called out to her mother, now a bit down the street from them, asking her if she could tell Shannon where the market was.

"Yes don't take cover during a damn storm just a swell idea, maybe next time I should go swimming in a volcano and see if that puts me in a better situation."  A male with black hair muttered to himself.  This man was walking close to the wall, a hood over his head while he held onto his shoulder.  His left arm was remaining limp by his side as it dripped blood from his hands.  The right hand was covering a gash, one that had sealed up some time ago, however due to a careless move by him it had reopened.  

"If this gets infected...."  As he walked along the path as causally as one could with his wound, he perked up when the sound of a girls voice reached his ears, as he had been in his own world. He listened to the words for a moment before dismissing them as nothing important and kept along his path.  Once more looking down and having his hood cover his features. 

Returning back into his own world he went on ahead hoping to find a place where he can tend this wound, after of course getting what he needed to steriliser it.  As he walked (not truly paying attention to where he was going), he ended up walking into Shannon by mistake.  Jerking his entire body away, even the wounded arm by instinct he let out a low hiss of pain and tightened his grip on his shoulder.  "Damn it what is with things stan-" Before finishing his sentence he looked up at who he ran into and blinked a few times.  "....Well you aren't a thing huh?"  He stated with a light snicker. 

Shannon, if he remembered some of the final events at Mirestone, would recognise the man before him.  As this was the one and only Ken, who had been so kind to grace Shannon with his presence once before.

Immediately being toppled as someone bumbled into him, Shae hid the slightest touch of annoyance that he felt easily even as he did his best to pick himself up of the ground. Whilst he did so he also made a point to start gathering his spilled quill, pad and a few errant herbs up. 

Casting a hidden scowl up at the perpetrator of the 'attack', Shannon froze for a moment as he realised the person, a man, was wounded rather badly. Scrawling out a message quickly, Shannon informed the man he was a medic and was willing to help.

Ken read the message from the other and raised a brow.  "A medic huh? Well lucky me, I figured wandering aimlessly would get me something soon enough~"  He said with a light snicker to himself.  "Am I going to go broke after you help me out?  Letting you know right now, I don't have deep pockets."  He stated as he tightened his grip on the wound seeing as the aching pain had increased a bit. 

Waving his covered hand-paws as if shooing away a bug, Shannon quickly found a stray crate on the road and gestured the man over to it. The truth was money didn't matter. Helping people in need was what mattered.

As he waited for the man to come over he immediately set about pulling out a canteen of water, a scalpel and a few other tools he'd have to start with for clearing and cleaning the wound before he could work on it. At the same time he knew he wouldn't work well bundled up and pulled his hood and scarf from his face to expand his field of vision, followed by pulling off his hand coverings to accrue a better grip on his tools.

All the man need to do was sit and he could manage the rest.

Ken watched as the mystery medic moved over to several boxes.  He didn't move right away as he watched what the other was doing.  "Well, someone is prepared."  He said with a light laugh to himself before walking over to the create himself.  Once he got there he carefully took off his jacket and let it fall to the ground trying to ignore the sting from every movement that his left arm made.  After he did that he pushed the sleeve up to reveal the rather ghastly wound.  There were no bandages on it and it didn't look like there had been any treatment to said wound.  However it was less than 12 hours old, and didn't show signs of an infection yet. 

Taking a seat next to Shannon with his injured arm facing the medic he was silent as he took a good look at the other.  "Don't talk much huh?"  He asked as he waited for the fun experience of getting this wound cleaned and taken care of to happen. 

Shaking his head in response to the man's question, Shannon, much like the norm, said nothing as he got to work, his white furred fingers of his right hand quickly staining red as he felt around the wound, his left proffering a wad of pain relieving herbs to the man as he mimed chewing them.

It was quite readily seen that the wound wasn't going to be fun and Shannon retrieved a set of bone-hewn tweezers out of his satchel as he began first removing the notable splinters of wood caught in the wound. Usually he'd clean it first, but he didn't want too much wood soaking up water whilst in the man's arm.

Once a fair amount of the splinters had been pulled, Shae's next action was to rinse the wound off, cleaning it of much of the excess grime and blood that obscured his path. Of course it was still bleeding, but a single cloth fixed that rather quickly as he prepared a poultice. Still, he was going to have to stitch the wound up, so tying off the cloth quickly, Shannon rinsed his hands free of any fluids before penning out his intent for the man to see.

Ken noticed that the other had stopped touching his wound and heard the scribbling of a pen.  Looking over to the other he was silent for a time. "We've met haven't we?"  He asked as he grabbed the paper in his working arm and inspected it a bit.  "Don't talk, covered head to toe in clothing to hide features, using notes to speak and is a doctor to some degree.  Rings several bells to me~"  He hummed before letting go.  "Go ahead and do what you need to fix it, I won't stop you."  He stated calmly as he reached into his pants pocket while he waited.  

"I guess those pirates gave you a ride off the island before the fireworks huh?  Lucky you~" 

It was awkward to come to find that the man knew him to any degree when he honestly couldn't remember the man even if his life had depended on it. Still, he hadn't tried to hurt him or anything, so everything seemed to have been going alright. That and he had work to finish.

Removing the makeshift bandage from the man's arm, Shannon pulled out strong thread and a bone needle, readying the simplistic tool before carefully and kindly stitching the skin back together where it had been rent open. Once he'd finished he nimbly cut the excess string with a claw before readying the poultice in a mortar and pestle.

Giving the mixture time to settle before applying it, Shannon wrote out instructions to change the binding at the end of the day, and make sure it stays clean and gets a fresh bandage. He also stated that the string was organically made and would deteriorate on its own, so it wouldn't have to be pulled like some stitches did.

Once his instructions were written and given to the man, Shae promptly set the poultice and bound the man's wound, leaning back to appreciate his handiwork with a slight smile.

It was only now that Shannon had also realised that whilst working, it would have seemed a small crowd had been drawn both by his work and his appearances, if the utterances of 'cat people' that he was hearing had anything to do with it.

Ken had remained silent through out the entire thing, the herbs that Shannon had given him earlier were still in effect.  Making most of the pain nonexistent, every now and then he would feel a pinch but for the most part he was numb.  As he was being mended he watched the other in silence, due to a lack of response or reaction at the statement he said earlier, he assumed the Mink forgot about him.  All in all wasn't a surprise, hurtful that he didn't leave an impression, but not a surprise.  

The only time that he moved his eyes from the wound was when instructions were given to him about what he should do with it later in the day.  "With luck I'll remember it, main problem will be not using it."  He stated before he looked out at the crowd.  "Oh, looks like you have an audience, guess its not everyday they see a Mink stitch up someone one the street~What dull and agonising lives they must life~" He hummed before picking up his coat with his right hand. 

"Before you leave I need to ask you something, think you can give me an answer?  Or do you have to run off and mend other random strangers~?" 

Shannon, in response to the crowd, had already been quick to pack his bag and begin covering himself to try to flee from the attention when the man had spoke, freezing him in place out of well ingrained habitual need to not anger people bigger than he.

Despite his again cowled and covered features, a nod was noticeable enough for the man to see as the Mink scribbled out a response.

~I can try to answer anything you need me too, but I do not know too much. I am just a medical practitioner.~

Ken was impressed by the pure speed the other demonstrated as he packed up and got ready to ditch this place.  Looking at Shannon before glancing back at the crowd behind him before looking back at Shannon.  "Not a fan of crowds huh?  I hate gawkers to~"  he looked around and nodded his head to an empty alley not to far from them.  "If it'll help we can get out of the crowds adoring eyes, don't need my....saviour freaking out while I'm asking questions~"  He hummed his tone a joking one.  

After saying this he slipped on the coat, ignoring the fact the arm was still bloodied.  He put his hood up and placed his hands in his pockets while he waited for the other to write him a response.

Penning out a quick note to state that he was fine, even if he really didn't care much for the attention, Shannon was actually truly curious as to what the man wanted to know from him. Part of him actually rippled with excitement, hoping that mayhaps whatever he asked would allow him a clue that he could give to Miss Captain Scarlet to help her and the crew. 

Handing the note to the man, he gazed up expectantly as he awaited his response.

Ken looked at the note and then at Shannon before shrugging.  "Okay suit yourself."  He stated before glancing behind him once more. After a moment of silence he looked at Shannon.  "I'm going to assume you arrived at this island less than a day or two ago.  Assuming you've seen or even heard anything about this island.  Has anything, strange occurred?  Have you seen anything that is interesting about this place.  Like, I don't know something that is the centre of attention of this village?" 

Nodding enthusiastically, Shannon had actually gathered a decent amount of gossip about it all. His Mink ears, after all, where far more sensitive than a humans, and he'd heard plenty of a stolen item. Eager to prove his worth, his hands moved in blurs as he wrote his next note.

~Oh yes, there was a theft! It was of an important item and the town is very upset. They think it was my Miss Captain Scarlet's crew, but we were all busy when it happened so now we're trying to figure it out and gather the crew. Except for me, I need to find the market.~

This completely caught Ken's attention as he read the note thoroughly.  "Item...that made the whole town pissed off?"  He muttered namely to himself, his tone lacking the joking one that he normally showed as he spoke.  "Do you know what the item was, exactly?" 

There was a quick shake of Shannon's head in return, his hands already penning his answer.

~Not a clue from me, sir. A reiteration, but I am just a doctor, and I stay out of everyone else's way.~

When he was denied a answer to his question, not by the others unwillingness but rather due to his lack of knowledge a sigh escaped his lips.  He was silent for a moment as it was evident he was thinking.  Soon enough however he simply smirked and gave a small nod.  "This works just fine~"  He hummed his tone going back to normal, as he now seemed amused.  "Seems I ran into just the right person.  Now then before I take my leave."  He put his hand in his pocket.  "How much money am I going to lose for the treatment~?" 

Shaking his head and backing up, Shannon signalled that he wasn't going to be expecting any money as he started scanning for a way out of the small crowd. However he did have a single idea before attempting it, and he quickly scrawled out a note for the townsfolk, asking any of them if they could direct him to the market. If the man followed him, well, it wasn't like he could stop him.

Ken raised a brow at Shannon when he denied payment, he wasn't complaining about the fact though he was lightly surprised.  "If you are sure."  He stated before glancing at the note the other scribbled down.  "The market huh.  Decently sure I passed by it, assuming of course that wasn't all in my head from possible delusions~."  He then pointed in the direction he had noticed the market.  "Just head that way for a bit and poof, you'll be there.  Oh but before you go."  

He looked at Sharron with a smirk.  "I hate owing people, but at the same time it feels weird not paying a medic who helped me out when I didn't even help myself.  So being the ungodly kind person I am, I'll give you a once in a lifetime thing.  A favour from me~"  He hummed before snickering a bit.  "I owe you one, so if we cross paths again and you need something, ask away.  If it within reason I just might find it within my soul to help/do what you ask."  

Now adjusting his hood he looked around for a moment before sighing.  "Well, try not to get into trouble here, there might not be a marine presence but they don't seem like folk you want to mess with."  Giving the other a short dismissive wave he started to walk toward an alley.  "Bye bye for now~" 

Chase Andis and Cygnus Albireo

collab with @Felix

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Chase had wandered outside, taking a break from his work. He stood, thinking about what he had heard earlier today. While he was thinking, something had wrapped around him. It was not like anything he had dealt with before. First, he needed to break whatever held him. Chase pulled his dagger, and slashed at what kept him held, then pushed it aside. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“Auch!” Cygnus took a step back and crouched against the wall. He watched his wing in disbelief as a small drop of blood trickled down the feathers. He did not expect a tailor to be so hostile. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Chase, after seeing his assailant’s reaction, took a step in the opposite direction, to create some more room between the two. He turned to face his attacker. It was another man. There was something sprawled in front of him, it seemed like a wing, which Chase did not attempt to ponder. Now was not the time for that. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“Who are you?” [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Chase asked. He kept his dagger at the ready, but made no further attempts to advance, or attack.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Cygnus raised his good hand in defence. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]As if that would do much.[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px] [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“Please don’t hurt me!”[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px] He made himself even smaller. Then he remembered that he was still on the run. From then on he whispered. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“A-and I would appreciate it if you wouldn’t talk so loudly. My n-name is Cygnus … Cygnus A-Albireo and right now I am the most wanted man in this town. You need to help me!”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Chase quickly noticed that this man, Cygnus, did not seem to be very aggressive. He let his tension fall. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Most wanted? Perhaps I should learn more… this might be interesting. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Per his request, Chase lowered the volume of his voice. If this man was indeed a wanted criminal, he’d likely be seeking to avoid attention. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“If you want help, perhaps it isn’t the best idea to trap someone. I would not have had to hurt you out of instinct then.” [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Chase stated. He sighed, and then motioned for the man to follow. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“Come. It would be best if we figured things out in my shop.” [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Chase turned and began to walk towards his shop, turning frequently to see if the man would attempt to trap him again.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Slowly, Cygnus stood up. He still wasn’t sure whether he could trust him, but so far, luck was in his favor. He just had to hope that he wasn’t being led to a stake, or an angry mob, or both. However now was not the time to think of all the terrible options. He had no choice, but to follow the man. He started walking behind the man, just out of reach of another knife attack. If there would be one anyways. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“I’m sorry about that, b-but I couldn’t risk being seen. And I wasn’t sure whether you would scream or not. This was really the most inconspicuous way to approach you … s-sort of. Sorry again.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]When they had reached his shop, Chase allowed the man in. Chase took his position behind his makeshift counter, and motioned for the man to take a seat in one of the chairs across from him. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“If you want to take a seat, you are welcome to. Or you can just stand opposite me. Whatever works for you. Here. I’ll put my dagger away now. My name is Chase Andis. I’m the local tailor. Now, if you are calm enough to explain what is going on without grabbing me, I’m willing to listen.” [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Chase stated.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Cygnus nervously looked at the stool. His feet were really sorrow, but he could not afford to reduce his fighting position. Or flighting position as that was more likely his plan. He was already at an advantage anyways as mister Andis was in his home turf. He probably knew all the ins and outs of his own shop. The only weapon Cygnus would be able to find was a jar that stood on the counter. Those things seemed to be lying around everywhere. So, he just awkwardly stood there and looked around the shop.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“Don’t look so nervous. As long as you don’t trap me again, I won’t hurt you. I’ve got my sign outside stating that I’m working on a project, so my patrons know not to disturb me right now. It’s just you and me.” [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Chase stated.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Cygnus waggled his feet as he realised he was supposed to talk now. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“T-thank you. That’s reassuring, sort of. The whole situation is big misunderstanding.”[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px] He breathed in deeply after which he anxiously explained what happened. It was quite fast, but he hoped chase could keep up.[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px] ”I was just trying to get some information, I swear. I talked to the seer person and bluffed that I was some kind of follower to her cult too. Then I blabbed about the pirate crew I came here with and everything went downhill. I ended up saying something that was apparently very offensive to this Pyrus god of theirs. And now, they all want my head.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]There were presently two things that were going through Chase’s mind. The far greater thought deviated towards what Cygnus said he blabbed about. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Of all the trouble I’ve had, now there’s mention of pirates in the town too. Which means this guy is one of them if he said he came here with them. My stay here just got a whole lot more interesting.[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px] [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Secondly, Chase was annoyed at these people for scaring what seems to be an innocent man. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Then again, if what he said is true, he is a pirate, so I’m not sure if innocent is the right word. As for actual crime that the city should care about at the moment, he’s done nothing wrong.[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px] [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Chase let a sigh loose. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“These people and their gods. I don’t care about that mumbo jumbo. For a second, I thought I was playing a dangerous game by letting someone who said he was the most wanted. But if that’s all the ‘crime’ you’ve committed, then these people really need to check their priorities.”[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px] Chase stated.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Cygnus almost told his samaritan that he was not just wanted on this island only, but kept it in just in time. Besides, the guy knew he traveled with pirates and pirates were outlaws, so he could probably do the math. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“Well, the other crime they accuse us of is even weirder, as it hasn’t even happened yet. The Seer somehow predicted that newcomers would steal something of the island today. Something important. The mayor and his squad are a bit on edge at the moment. I do not know how this fortune telling works or if it’s accurate or not, but right now we get the blame. Being pirates and all. It’s not fair in the slightest.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Chase nodded. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“I had heard about this future crime earlier myself. I’m not from the Hollows either, so I’m not above suspicion myself, I’m sure. To be fair though, considering what pirates are, I’m not surprised that they are quick to point fingers at you. They obviously put a lot of stock in their faith and seers. As I stated earlier, I don’t care about that mumbo jumbo. Personally, I’ll believe that this crime is committed when it happens. And if it does, the best course of action to prove innocence, is to keep your nose clean, and stay on the straight and narrow. Or perhaps, catch the actual criminal. I won’t turn you in, not since I don’t believe there is any reason to do so.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Cygnus was relieved that his assumption on Chase was quite new to this town was true [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“I was actually working on the latter when things went wrong”[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px] He said. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“The fact that you seemed trustworthy and kind of an outsider, no offense, was not the only reason I approached you. Y-you see, I want to get back to the ship and the crew to get out of here as soon as possible. There’s just a … small problem.”[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px] He raised his wing. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“They don’t know about this yet and I would like to k-keep it that way. At least for a s-som- ... little longer. It’s my secret. And now it’s y-yours too. Anyways, in my attempt to escape I torn up my shirt. So now I need a new one with which I conceal it again. You are a tailor, r-right? Could you make me one. I do have money … not much, b-but I can pay. Please!”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Chase nodded again. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“That’s what I’m here for. As long as you pay, I’m willing to do the job. As for your secret, don’t worry. I’m not interested in seeing the uproar that would ensue if I spoke about it. That’s one problem I can avoid. However, I do have another job that I am presently working on for one of my clients. If you’ll give me the specifications for what you need in order to hide that, I will get to it after I finish my present job. You are welcome to return to my shop any time you wish. However, I cannot keep you here. So, it would be best if you go back with your crew to stay safe, especially if you are wanted for these ridiculous reasons.”[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px] Chase responded.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Cygnus had already stopped listening. He was hyperventilating.[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px] “I-I can’t get out there! They will behead me. Or burn me at the stake. Or worse they could prick met on one of their pitchforks and sacrifice me to their god. Please! You can’t do this to me. You’re my only hope!”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Chase reeled back at Cygnus’ outburst. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“Calm down! Shouting is one surefire way to get you caught. I merely do not have the room or resources to keep you here forever. Now, if you want to wait here for a while in the lobby, I will not object. However, if the authorities stroll in and see you by some chance, there’s not much I can do about it. Perhaps one of your crew will come along. In the meantime…”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Cygnus tried to calm himself down by puffing. In. Out. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“Pfff! Yes Yes. Pfff! Wait good. Pfff! Mob bad. Pfff. Here is fine. Pfff. As long as it is not out there.”[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px] He was now more talking to himself than to Chase. Trying to give himself a peptalk. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“Yes I am sure I can handle myself against one or two attackers, just not a mob. Please no mob! Focus! Pfff! I can always hide behind that nice comfy counter if necessary. Yeah, I can do that.” [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]He came back to his senses, or at least a bit more. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“It’s not like they would suspect a convict to hide in a tailorshop anyways, right? right?” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]As Cygnus was calming himself down, Chase went into one of his rooms, and grabbed a few scraps of cloth, as well as some tape, wraps,  and one of his cloaks. He quickly went back out to see Cygnus trying to settle himself down. He waited for Cygnus to finish his rant before continuing. When he saw that Cygnus was seeking a response, he continued. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“I’ve done nothing to draw attention to the law. I’ve been sticking with their laws, in order to deflect suspicion from myself for the alleged future crime. In the meantime…”[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px] Chase then placed the materials he collected onto the counter. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“... do you think you can find a way to cover yourself up with these? You’ll have to step just outside my shop at some point to see if your crew comes close and flag them down. I wouldn’t know them. And just as the authorities wouldn’t have much reason to come to my shop, I don’t think they would either.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“Yeah, you’re probably right. I have nothing to fear at the moment.” He was still shakey, but his voice came out better than a moment ago. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“I think I can disguise myself with that, yes. I think you can get to work now.”[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px] He didn’t want to sound needy, but time was everything. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“I-I will survive in this room. All alone. With just a few cloaks to hide myself. How did it come to this? Focus! Yeah, I will make sure not to interrupt your work. C-could you start now, please?”[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px] He said back in one of the chairs as he felt the familiar coldness of dread flow through his body. He stared blankly in front of him and seemed distant from the world.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Chase sighed, then grabbed his key and locked the drawers behind his counter. He unlocked the door on the left, and opened the way behind his counter. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]“My room is up the stairs through the door. I suppose you can stay in there until I need to make use of it tonight, then I’ll have to put you back in here until morning. You are not to touch anything other than the bed, got it? If I find otherwise, you won’t be happy.”[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px] Chase left the way open for him, and went to lock the door on the right, proceeding into the door directly behind him to get to work.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]However, Cygnus did not seem to respond as his thoughts, his soul, was somewhere else entirely. He just sat in his drapes and waited.[/SIZE]

Tamashi turned her head hearing Limstella talking to someone spotting not the toughest looking girl and the man with her on the other hand was a tall one. She figured the tall man was the captain the girl his navigator or something along those lines. But as the girl began talking it dawned on her Limstella was looking at her when saying cap, meaning this girl was the captain. ‘This girl is the captain? How could she possibly run a ship with looks like that? She must be a lot stronger than she looks I’ll have to be careful.” When Limstella introduced her Tamashi cleared her throat and bowed. 

“Yes it’s very nice to meet you Ms. uh Captain Ma’am. I am as Limstella stated Tamashi and I beg of as to be so kind as to let me join your crew.” She stopped looking up slightly to see if the girl was buying it or not. Tamashi had to wonder if her cover was blown just how she would escape she would have nowhere to run off the island. Worse if she is discovered while on the ship she would have absolutely nowhere to run. She’d be trapped and easily beaten if she was hoarded by the group. ‘I must remain calm and diligent I can’t just pretend to be a willing crew member. I must become a willing crew member, I have to make this girl want me as a member of the crew if I want to get off this island. I have to so I can find him and get my revenge.’ 

Even with telling herself everything was going to be fine she couldn’t help but worry. She was starting to second guess her plan but it was the only one she had. Nothing else would work as far as she knew. This might’ve been a crazy plan but it was her only plan and she was willing to risk it to get off this island. She figured she had Limstella’s trust but she had no idea just how loyal she was to her captain. At a snap of her fingers this girl could have Limstella stab Tamashi in the back without question. She needed to figure out exactly who these people were and how they operated. Especially careful they didn't found out she was a bounty hunter, she didn’t think she was too popular around these parts but again she didn’t know. That was what scared her most the fact she didn’t know. 

Even being a bounty hunter she didn’t know either of these two, she didn’t even know Limstella. So that meant they were either too small time or new and neither of those were a good thing. All her thoughts caused her to repeat one command to herself. ‘Stay calm, stay calm, stay calm, no matter what they say stay calm, no matter what they do stay calm, no matter what happens s-t-a-y c-a-l-m.’ And calm she stayed. 

@DaughterofAthena @shadowdude505 @TheForgottenDoll

Captain Scarlet Johanna Indigrid

Scarlet’s gaze quickly shifted to stare full on at Limstella’s new friend and it wasn’t the friendliest gaze either. Of course, there was good reason for that. In her time on this island so far, Scarlet hadn’t met very many pleasant people at all; in fact, most of them disliked her on the basis that she was a pirate and on that basis alone. It didn’t give her much reason to trust any new strangers that she was introduced to on the island. There were a few things that confused her, though, and those had to be asked before she could make any decisions about anything.

“Cygnus ate a devil fruit?? Like… here? On this island?” Her surprise at the statement was fairly obvious and there also seemed to be a small amount of disbelief in her tone. Of everyone on her crew, Cygnus was definitely the one who she would have least expected any interesting surprises from. He did have some sort of mystery around him, though, and for a moment, Scarlet wondered if Cygnus ever considered the fact that he himself might make a good story character. That was the one thing the Red Ribbon captain did know about him. He was a storyteller and she loved his stories. Regardless of the answer that Limstella might give her, though, Scarlet was certain of one thing. They had to find Cygnus. It seemed that was now a mission they all shared.

Well, herself, Limstella and Cletus.

That brought her gaze to this new person… Tamashi.

If there was any one thing Scarlet was good at, it was recognizing adequate fashion and it was one thing that Tamashi had going for her. As for the rest of the person - what role she might seek to fulfill, what her history might have been, what she might contribute to the crew or what she was doing on the island in the first place - it didn’t really seem like Scarlet cared all that much. She did care, but it didn’t show right away.

“I must say I absolutely LOVE your outfit!” Scarlet proclaimed at the girl, jumping up and clapping her hands in pure delight. “You must tell me where you find such a thing. Do they sell them here on the island? I would like to get one before we depart if that’s the case!” It would almost seem as though she hadn’t even heard the question in the first place.

Again, though, such a presumption would be entirely inaccurate. Scarlet did hear the question but she wanted to learn more about this person before she actually answered such a thing. Currently, her crew was shaping up to be quite a good one and she didn’t want to add anyone else unless she knew that they would fit in with the mold that many of the Red Ribbons already possessed. For now, Scarlet intended to leave the question unanswered and hope that she had time to judge Tamashi further before deciding on such a thing. Decision making was quickly turning her into someone more captain oriented and it was sure to come as a small surprise to some of her companions. Then again, dangerous situations had a habit of making even the most fun of people think on their feet.

“You’re welcome to help us find our friend for now,” was the answer that Scarlet actually voiced towards Tamashi.

Turning away from them, Scarlet let her eyes trail over the busy little island town as she tried to think of where they could look next for Cygnus. She didn’t see him anywhere obvious, but she didn’t think he would’ve “poofed” - as Limstella put it - to such an obvious place in the first place. If he was going to put effort into going “poof” then he probably wasn’t going to undo that effort right away.

“Any thoughts on where to look next?”

@Nenma Takashi @TheForgottenDoll @shadowdude505

Arlen Hakhassi and Nerissa Orta

In the forest...

“Oh look Arlen! This particular plant species has medicinal properties. I’m sure our silent doctor would find it useful.” Kneeling on the still damp earth, Nerissa hummed as she began to pluck whatever wet greenery she’d spotted and place it in her satchel. By now Arlen no longer protested. Heaving a sigh, the silver-haired slipped his hands in the pockets of his new red jacket and directed his verdant eyes to the sun. Hours ago. They would’ve made it to Pyrus’s temple hours ago, if not for Lady Nerissa stopping every three minutes to take note of every tree and flower in the forest that caught her interest. To think they’d left The Hallows early morning—not long after the storm ended—and still hadn’t found their destination.

How long has it been?   

“Let’s head back, Priestess. The others are probably worried.”

“I’d left a note at the inn informing them of where we're headed,” Nerissa said serenely as continued her task. “Besides, it’d be a shame to leave the island without visiting Pyrus’s temple at least once. I’d like to learn more about this God he spoke of”

Arlen’s hand reached out, long fingers carefully catching a snake that had wound itself around the branch above Nerissa’s head. The aqua-haired girl hadn’t seemed to notice. “Then why are we dilly-dallying in the forest picking weeds?”

“It’s alright isn’t it?” Nerissa dusted her skirt and straightened, not seeming to mind the moss that clung to her skirt. She returned to the path they'd been on before. “We’re nearly there.”

“Are you sure?” Eyeing the fallen leaves, broken branches, and puddles littering the ground as he follow the Priestess of Water, Arlen wondered how Nerissa managed to find surviving herbs let alone a path to a temple. “The guy seemed a little drunk when he was giving us the directions last night.”

Being a priestess, religion wasn’t a topic Nerissa shied from. It didn’t take long for one of the inn patrons to begin talking about their god. Pyrus. It was clear that the people of the Hallows put a lot of faith in Pyrus—in their seer Jada. Arlen wasn’t a follower of Pyrus—didn’t know anything about Pyrus really—  but he could relate. What the people of the Hallows felt for Jada was probably similar to what the Mirage Islanders felt for Nerissa. Fortunately, Nerissa didn’t press the issue of Aquarius as he feared she might when the conversation got a little deep. There was no converting the already devout and, being a person who lived with many pious people for 16 years of his life, Arlen knew that better than anyone.

Especially a drunk devout.   

“Indeed. Miss Scarlet also drank a lot last night, so I’m a little worried. I wonder why she’s so scared of storms?”

“Storms are naturally scary.”

Nerissa shook her head. “Not if one has faith. Cygnus also seemed a little nervous last night.”

“When is that one ever not nervous about something?” It always seemed to him that the blonde dude went out his way to hide whatever lay beneath his cloak. It had initially made Arlen suspicious but, after a couple of days, the Leviathan concluded that Cygnus was harmless. Even a Nerissa had taken a liking to the storyteller as he had seemed interested in religious tales.

“Speaking of Cygnus, he’s doing something interesting,”

“Huh?”

“That’s what Lord Aquarius tells me.”

“Then shouldn’t we—?”

“Water doesn’t flow backward, Arlen. It only flows forward. That’s where we’re headed.”

Arlen rolled his eyes. It didn’t matter which way water flowed. He was obligated to follow the priestess wherever she went. No matter which crew of pirates she joined. The snake he’d picked up curled its elongated body around his arm, making a slight hissing sound, but otherwise didn’t bite. Arlen’s grip had been gentle enough that it didn’t feel threatened. Wasabi probably had a point with the bird thing. It was too bad the oriental chef never got a chance to cook the fowl. He was still curious about how it would taste...

“Oh look Arlen!” Nerissa said happily, making him think she'd found yet another herb. “Another forest traveller.”

Drawn from his thoughts, the silver haired boy peered ahead at the lone lady who was acting a little conspicuously in his mind. He could also see soldiers headed towards the beach. Soldiers. Watchers. If there was one reason Arlen didn’t like the Hallows, it was because he felt they were always being watched from somewhere. Ever since they got on the island in fact. Even now, Arlen couldn’t fight the unsettling feeling that something was keeping an eye on them. Hand on Nerissa’s shoulder to keep her from moving forward, Arlen walked ahead, keeping his priestess close behind him as they confronted the stranger.

“Excuse me, Miss.” Arlen tapped on the suspicious lady whose back was turned to him—her gaze on the soldiers. The presence of soldiers from the Hallows certainly indicated that some sort of trouble was brewing in town. He didn’t need Aquarius to tell him that. Just instinct. Returning to the crew and finding out what in Aquarius’s name was going on was probably the best option, but Nerissa refused to leave the forest until she found the temple. Arlen repressed a sigh. Before he’d left Mirage Island, he would’ve never pegged their priestess to be the stubborn type. Instead, the silver haired Red Ribbon pirate smiled charmingly at the stranger. “I don’t suppose you know where the Temple of Pyrus is located? We’re a little lost, you see.”     

@DaughterofAthena

Jasper Pharos

Although much was going on, many events within the town continued much as they always would. Stands were open, shops were open, craftsmen were hard at work and production continued. Dale still had a job to do and given that he had put every other possible person to the task of resolving The Hallows' present mysteries, he couldn't get out of checking in with the other townspeople. Normally that would have been a relatively normal thing, too, but today in particular, everyone had questions and everyone knew that something was going on. Such a thing was impossible to keep under wraps.

"Leader, is it true that there are pirates on the island?" one man asked as he walked passed the leader. He was pushing a cart of tomatoes, clearly either going to sell them or on his way back from acquiring them. "Should we be taking any... uhm... safety precautions?" The man was clearly hesitant.

"There are pirates on the island," Dale confirmed because he wasn't intending on lying to anyone. "You don't need to worry, though. None of them have been violent at all and we have the situation well under control. For now, the things we'd like everyone to do is to keep their lives under control, and continue going about your daily lives. If you see the winged man, report it immediately but do not engage. Beyond that, you need not worry, good friend."

A sigh of relief escaped the citizen and he nodded with a subtle smile. "Well, that is good to know. I will definitely keep my eyes open. For now, though, I have some fruits of the garden that I'm sure someone would like."

"Of course. That sounds like a wonderful plan."

And the man with the tomato cart headed off towards the market.

Jasper had separated from Scarlet and the others only a short time ago, though being separated from Lady Scarlet always felt longer than it was. He had begun to head for the town market both in search of goods and information. However he seemed profoundly lucky today, as he overheard a snippet of conversation between a produce worker and a rather knowledgeable seeming man along the way. Thankfully it sounded like they did not consider his crew to be particularly dangerous. Nonetheless their actions at the ship earlier led him to belief he should not be open about being a member of the crew, at least initially.

Jasper pondered how to approach the bespectacled man. He seemed a reasonable enough sort based on how he defused the produce merchant's worries. Perhaps a simple inquiry would be enough to get him some of the information Lady Scarlet needed. He approached in what he thought was a curious, yet jovial fashion. Specifically using body language that appeared unwary. He was glad he had left his swords on the ship before following Lady Scarlet. Recon would otherwise be rather difficult.

"Pardon me sir, but did I hear there were pirates on the island?" Jasper spoke in a slower cadence than he normally would. Giving a bit of a tight, worried smile to the man.

Dale turned to face the new source of sound that he heard and then he found himself facing someone completely unfamiliar to him. Although it was unusual for Dale to encounter a person he didn't recognize at all, it wasn't impossible either so he couldn't really jump to any judgements. "Yes, you heard correctly. Not to worry, though. We have the situation under control. Our seer is heading to consult with Lord Pyrus as we speak and she's bound to learn more. From there, we are well equipped to handle any situation that might arise."

Jasper's smile widened as the man claimed to be capable of handling things. "Well that is great to hear. I arrived hear a day or so prior to the storm and people around here have been quite friendly nonetheless. I would not want to see pirates hurt any of the good people just after dealing with a storm like that. Plus I heard something was stolen? Seems you people are having no end to your troubles. What was stolen anyways? Maybe I can help look for it!" He nodded in a manner he though made him look rather ridiculous, but was meant to convey enthusiasm.

The leader's eyes could not keep themselves from narrowing at the man who was speaking to him. He hadn't anticipated that any news of anything being stolen would have reached this far. It had been a fairly contained conversation, but he hadn't exactly been watching for anyone who might have overheard. "Actually, we aren't sure if anything's been stolen. They are pirates so it's kind of expected and we have certain... valuables, shall we say, that we tend to like to keep safe, particularly from pirates." It seemed a reasonable enough answer. In truth, Dale didn't know the actual answer to the man's question anyway. That was part of what Jada was hoping to find out with her travels.

Jasper mentally chastised himself when the man narrowed his eyes. He did not know what he said that might have seemed suspicious, but he would have to try and watch himself more closely. "Valuables mmm? I understand." He said this with a wink, mentally sighing at the boorish image he was putting on. "No insult to me that you can not say. I understand many islands are a bit close guarded with outsiders. As nice as you have all been I do not mind at all. One last question then. Who would you say sells the best produce on the island?"

The question that came was one that Dale only had one possible reaction to and that was a grand ole smile. "I'd say buy a little bit from everyone and see for yourself. I've got an entire village to run and they could all use the business as much as the next guy." And that was the answer he gave because that was the kind of leader he was. He knew that a town couldn't run if only one farmer ever made money off of his goods.

Jasper nodded agreeingly and waved as he passed the man. "Thanks for the help, sir. Hope you all find what it is you are looking for!" Jasper made a look of restrained annoyance when he was sure the man would not catch it. That did not really give him the information he was looking for and made him act the fool at the same time. How distasteful. He looked off in the direction the produce merchant had gone and was about to head in that direction when he spotted a more interesting shop. A store for fabrics and thread. How perfect! Or at least Jasper thought until he approached the door and found a do not disturb sign on it. Jasper sighed slightly. How unfortunate.

@DaughterofAthena @Felix

Elisa Pentana

xFoCMBXT9iE7H2Ch7WFLrX4YMHFO9CmmBoJiLrbJYlwjnL96bxhQ5M6YKrXlpWrWBDLIz7Ba9ZmFdCv_MjjycKBrweeO3SyM8g7_MBE2ARVsRxOSAQKg6CRvRYrvm90HaaUV92tO
The stressful part about her whole situation was that Elisa could see the ship she needed to get to from the exact spot she was standing in. She could see it through the trees and she could see the little rowboat that she had used to actually get to the shore of the island itself. And even though she could see them, she could not move to get towards them, to get back onto her ship so that they could be on their way. The watchers from The Hallows were watching too closely and she was certain to get caught.

If there was one thing Elisa Pentana was not in a proper situation to deal with, it was getting caught by people from the island.

However, she also found herself unprepared for a situation she would never have anticipated. She found that she was unprepared to get caught by people who weren’t from the island as well, and it showed simply by the fact that in the instant that she felt a tap on her shoulder, she very nearly jumped out of her own two shoes. Elisa’s body whipped around fast, and although she did not appear threatening, the speed she moved at probably was capable of catching someone off-guard. Her arms swung out though she was empty handed and one of her arms whacked Arlen in the side, albeit unintentionally. Even after being tapped on the shoulder, the girl hadn’t realized how close he was to her.

“Ahh! Sorry,” she yelped in shock after she pulled her arm away from him and stepped backwards, trying to regain some amount of personal space.

In stepping backwards, more seemed to go wrong than right, though. A large pile of twigs snapped and it echoed across every tree around them. She heard the sound herself and her head turned again, cascades of hair waving rapidly as she moved, to glance towards the watchers who were watching. Sighing, she was glad that none of them had turned to look in her direction. If they had, surely they would have seen either her or the two strangers she now found herself face to face with… or both.

Once she finally managed to calm down from a brief panic, she glanced at both of the strangers. “You passed it,” she told them, recalling that the man had inquired about the temple. “I don’t think the people of The Hallows would want you going there, though. They’re quite protective from what I’ve seen.” And what Elisa said was the truth. Sure, she had been to the temple herself, but she had only learned of it’s location because she knew how to ask in a way that made her seem trustworthy; she’d asked with excitement and knowledge.

@QuirkyAngel

[COLOR= rgb(218, 165, 32)][SIZE= 26px]Arlen Hakhassi[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR= rgb(218, 165, 32)][SIZE= 12.5pt]Definitely suspicious.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12.5pt]That was Arlen’s thought as he felt the stranger’[/SIZE][SIZE= 12.5pt]s arm whack his side. It wasn[/SIZE][SIZE= 12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE= 12.5pt]t hard, it didn[/SIZE][SIZE= 12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE= 12.5pt]t hurt—not terribly at least—, but it was surprising nonetheless. [/SIZE][COLOR= rgb(218, 165, 32)][SIZE= 12.5pt]“[/COLOR]That'[/SIZE][SIZE= 12.5pt]s alright. Sorry for startling you.[/SIZE][SIZE= 12.5pt]”[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12.5pt] Arlen followed the dark haired girl’s gaze past the trees to the watchers that weren’t watching them. Rather, the people of the Hallows seemed interested in a tiny rowboat docked on the shore—on the opposite side of the island where the Charybdis was docked. He vaguely remembered the leader Dale mentioning another traveler besides their crew visiting the island.[/SIZE]

[COLOR= rgb(218, 165, 32)][SIZE= 12.5pt]Her boat?[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12.5pt]Arlen opened his mouth to ask, but before he could, she answered his question in a way that caused his shoulders to slump slightly. [COLOR= rgb(218, 165, 32)]“[/COLOR]Passed it[/SIZE][SIZE= 12.5pt]…”[/SIZE][SIZE= 12.5pt]Arlen repeated, an eyebrow raised as he glanced at Lady Nerissa—whose expression was still serene and composed.[/SIZE][COLOR= rgb(218, 165, 32)][SIZE= 12.5pt]“[/COLOR]I thought you said we were nearly there. [/SIZE][SIZE= 12.5pt]”[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12.5pt]Arlen had never really considered himself smart or well studied the same way scholars were, but there was thing he was sure of. The man that had been giving them the directions had been very drunk. Either that, or the directions had been falsified. If the stranger spoke truthfully, that the people of the Hallows were very protective of the temple, then there was no reason why Clark would give them directions to the temple in the first place. [/SIZE]

[COLOR= rgb(0, 255, 0)][SIZE= 26px]Nerissa Orta[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR= rgb(0, 255, 0)][SIZE= 12.5pt]“[/COLOR]We are,”[/SIZE][SIZE= 12.5pt] Nerissa replied. Her voice wasn[/SIZE][SIZE= 12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE= 12.5pt]t loud, but there was a firmness there that spoke of confidence. There was no doubt in her mind that she would find the Temple of Pyrus—regardless of whether Clark[/SIZE][SIZE= 12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE= 12.5pt]s direction had been accurate or not. She did not believe that the man she[/SIZE][SIZE= 12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE= 12.5pt]d spoken to last night to be mean-spirited. He had been terribly inebriated when they spoke after all. There was always the possibility that he had lied to them, such is the way of mortals like herself, but Nerissa chose to believe otherwise. To have faith in the goodness of others until proven otherwise—as Aquarius[/SIZE][SIZE= 12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE= 12.5pt]s daughter ought to be. [/SIZE][COLOR= rgb(0, 255, 0)][SIZE= 12.5pt]“[/COLOR]That we[/SIZE][SIZE= 12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE= 12.5pt]ve met a forest traveller who knows the way is proof that Aquarius is guiding us.[/SIZE][SIZE= 12.5pt]”[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12.5pt]Arlen coughed. [COLOR= rgb(218, 165, 32)]“[/COLOR]Whichever the case, it looks like we walked right by the Temple without ever seeing it. The people of the Hallows have the structure well hidden in the forest. If we missed it the first time, chances are we[/SIZE][SIZE= 12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE= 12.5pt]ll miss it the second time even if we do backtrack.[/SIZE][SIZE= 12.5pt]”[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12.5pt]Unfazed by Arlen’s pessimism, Nerissa walked forward so she was standing beside her younger protector. She silently studied the one Aquarius led them to, not really saying anything at first. Then a smile blossom across her face and she reached forward to gently take the jumpy woman’s hands in hers.[/SIZE]

[COLOR= rgb(0, 255, 0)][SIZE= 12.5pt]“[/COLOR]It’[/SIZE][SIZE= 12.5pt]s pleasure to make your acquaintance, fellow visitor to the Hallows. We are humble servants of Aquarius, seeking to satiate our curiosity regarding a deity we are unfamiliar with. I[/SIZE][SIZE= 12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE= 12.5pt]m Nerissa. And this is Arlen.[/SIZE][SIZE= 12.5pt]”[/SIZE]

[COLOR= rgb(218, 165, 32)][SIZE= 12.5pt]“[/COLOR]Hi,”[/SIZE]

[COLOR= rgb(0, 255, 0)][SIZE= 12.5pt]"If it's not too much trouble, would you be so kind as to guide us to the Temple of Pyrus?[/COLOR]"[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12.5pt]Nerissa asked, her teal eyes twinkling as she considered the vast amounts of knowledge probably contained within a house of worship. To her, there was no better way to get to know a god than to visit his home. The same was true of people.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12.5pt]Arlen sighed and crossed his arms.[COLOR= rgb(218, 165, 32)]“[/COLOR]Didn[/SIZE][SIZE= 12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE= 12.5pt]t you hear her, Lady Nerissa? The people of the Hallows don[/SIZE][SIZE= 12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE= 12.5pt]t want us going there. For good reason, I[/SIZE][SIZE= 12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE= 12.5pt]m sure. Let[/SIZE][SIZE= 12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE= 12.5pt]s return to town. Better yet, let[/SIZE][SIZE= 12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE= 12.5pt]s check on the Charybdis. Last night[/SIZE][SIZE= 12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE= 12.5pt]s storm probably did a number on our vessel[/SIZE][SIZE= 12.5pt]…[/SIZE][SIZE= 12.5pt],[/SIZE][SIZE= 12.5pt]”[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12.5pt]Nerissa shook her head.[COLOR= rgb(0, 255, 0)] [/COLOR][COLOR= rgb(0, 255, 0)]“[/COLOR]The Charybdis is protected by Aquarius. Besides, Mr. Jasper would not let harm befall the ship. We can leave at any time. But, if I leave the island before at least setting my eyes on this temple, I feel I would regret it. It[/SIZE][SIZE= 12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE= 12.5pt]s the first time I[/SIZE][SIZE= 12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE= 12.5pt]ve encountered people of such honest faith since leaving Mirage Island. I[/SIZE][SIZE= 12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE= 12.5pt]m sure the people of the Hallows would understand if I explain to them that I[/SIZE][SIZE= 12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE= 12.5pt]ve got no plans of doing anything nefarious. I only want to learn.[/SIZE][SIZE= 12.5pt]”[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12.5pt]Arlen didn’t seem to agree with her, but didn[/SIZE][SIZE= 12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE= 12.5pt]t seem willing to get into an argument with her either—a fact that Nerissa was grateful for. Though she disapproved of him fighting, she couldn[/SIZE][SIZE= 12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE= 12.5pt]t deny that she felt safer with the young fighter around. There was something on the island that drew her. Something she was meant to see. Nerissa was certain Aquarius had led the Red Ribbons to the Hallows for a reason, and, as a faithful follower of Lord Lady Aquarius, Nerissa considered it her duty to carry out the goddess[/SIZE][SIZE= 12.5pt]’s will.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12.5pt]Her certainty was enhanced by the fact that she hadn’t been able to locate the Temple of Pyrus. Scarlet disliked storms. However, for Nerissa, storms brought water, which allowed the Water Gem to work at its best. Every puddle she passed, every drop of water, was Aquarius[/SIZE][SIZE= 12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE= 12.5pt]s eyes and—as the bearer of the Water Gem—she was allowed to share the goddess[/SIZE][SIZE= 12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE= 12.5pt]s vision—trained to in fact. Yet she hadn[/SIZE][SIZE= 12.5pt]’t been able to locate the temple she sought despite repeated attempts. [/SIZE]

[COLOR= rgb(218, 165, 32)][SIZE= 12.5pt]I[/COLOR]’  m still not as skilled as my predecessors.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12.5pt]Instead, the visions led her to a person—who she was certain would be able to help her. Or, at the very least, had the answers she was looking for. Still holding onto Elisa Pentana’s hand, Nerissa re-directed her gaze to the dark-haired woman.[/SIZE]

[COLOR= rgb(0, 255, 0)][SIZE= 12.5pt]“[/COLOR]Our meeting is certainly one blessed by the seas. Won't you help us, Miss…[/SIZE][SIZE= 12.5pt]?[/SIZE][SIZE= 12.5pt]”[/SIZE][SIZE= 12.5pt]Nerissa trailed off, waiting for the woman to introduce herself. It was the proper thing to do.[/SIZE]

[COLOR= rgb(218, 165, 32)][SIZE= 26px]Arlen Hakhassi[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12.5pt] Arlen, for his part, remained silent and was keeping watch of the watchers watching the woman’s rowboat. Did the Islanders have a reason to be mindful of visitors? Mirage Island had its own secrets. The chieftans had told him so before he[/SIZE][SIZE= 12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE= 12.5pt]d left Mirage Island. Therefore he did not begrudge the people of the Hallows for keeping theirs. It was natural to be distrustful of outsiders. Arlen was the same. Hence why he did not trust the people of the Hallows to treat them kindly should certain lines be crossed. The serpent coiled around Arlen[/SIZE][SIZE= 12.5pt]’s arms lifted its head for a moment to peer lazily at the humans beyond the trees, its tongue sticking out to taste the air. Then the creature lowered itself back to warm branch it had found itself on and took a nap. [/SIZE]

@DaughterofAthena               

@DaughterofAthena @TheForgottenDoll @shadowdude505

Tamashi had to take a moment to process what Scarlet said. ‘My outfit?’ She thought to herself she had to wonder what had just happened. “No it's not from this island I don't know where it's from it was a gift.” It wasn’t the first time someone praised her outfit but it had been awhile since someone did. The last person to do so was Rose  Tamashi didn’t like the thought of that, she hadn’t noticed that Scarlet had 100% dodged the question of if she could join the crew. ‘Is she testing me? Am I supposed to prove myself to her? If I find this Cygnus will she let me join?’ Tamashi had so many questions but she decided to save them right now she had to help them find Cydnus or whoever. 

“Yes I’ll help you!” She quickly responded looking around she scratched her head to think about where they could find Cygnus. “You think he’s hiding or maybe just running around?” They could possibly find him easier if he was also moving but if he trying to not be found that made this harder. She took a moment to get a good look at Scarlet still the woman seemed pretty weak yet the way she made Tamashi completely forget about asking about the crew made her think she wasn’t as she appeared. ‘She is the captain for a reason a guess. I should most likely be careful of her the most out of all of them.’

Seer Jada, Aiada Leanne, and Tucker

[SIZE= 16px]Aiada, Jada and Tucker were now weaving their way through the forest that covered the island of The Hallows. Jada led the way because she was the one who knew the way, but Aiada was close on the seer’s tail at all times, the sword at her hip letting anyone who saw her know that attacking might not have been the wisest decision they could make. Throughout their travels, though, the traveling trio ran into no one they could see. That did not mean that no one was there, but it meant they didn’t have any unexpected encounters in their travels either. That was a good thing.[/SIZE]

“Are we far now, Seer?”[SIZE= 16px] Aiada asked the woman ahead of her. [/SIZE]“Is it close now?”

“In all your time here, Miss Aiada, I’m surprised you haven’t taken an opportunity to visit Pyrus’s temple for yourself. It really is a beautiful thing,” [SIZE= 16px]Jada commented, not seeming to pay attention to the question at first. [/SIZE]“We are close, though. Just around the corner, really.”

[SIZE= 16px]As she sighed in relief to herself, glad that they were getting close, Aiada's head set itself on a swivel to find where the third member of their party was. She had believed him to be taking up the rear, but it was always a good thing to double check every once in a while. As her head turned, she asked, [/SIZE]"Did you hear that, Tuck? We're almost there. Have you been there before? ... to Pyrus's temple?"

[SIZE= 16px]Tucker had his eyes up in the sky with his hands behind his head, almost as if one were daydreaming, but of course he had his wits about him. He simply found this position comfortable to be/walk in. At the question he tilted his head to the side showing he heard her and a broad smile crossed his face. [/SIZE]"Have I? I've been here since I could move."[SIZE= 16px] he hummed casually.[/SIZE] "The temple would have been my second home if I was allowed to visit it as often as I wanted."

"Hmm,"[SIZE= 16px] Aiada considered for a moment. All the religious aspects of The Hallows were still quite new to her and she found them to be absolutely fascinating even after calling this place her own home for a few years.[/SIZE]

hidden_temple_by_freelancerart-d5t6b00.jpg
[SIZE= 16px]Meanwhile, Jada didn't seem to be paying too much attention to her escorts. The seer reached out and pushed a few branches away, took a few more steps forward, and then the temple was unveiled for the three of them to see. A small pool of water was collected in front of the main door but it was shallow, shallow enough to walk through. Then there was a door that looked as though it had been built into the forest itself because the building seemed to disappear into the mass of trees behind it. To Aiada, it was beautiful. She actually even froze for a moment.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 16px]By the time she regained herself, Aiada realized that Jada was already slipping off her shoes and stepping into the water.[/SIZE]

"Do you want us to come in with you, Seer?"[SIZE= 16px] she asked.[/SIZE]

"No. I must have quiet to speak with Lord Pyrus. I will return soon. Wait here and be on alert. Pyrus warns me that we're not alone."

"Very well." [SIZE= 16px]While Aiada was uncomfortable with the answer given that she was in charge of Jada's protection, she also felt like arguing would be a terrible idea. For now she would resign herself to her post and wait it out. She did turn to Tucker, though, and this time she asked, [/SIZE]"So, does anyone else ever get to go inside?" [SIZE= 16px]She was curious and that much was obvious.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 16px]His eyes still up at the sky he let out a low hum before responding. [/SIZE]"Yes, sometimes that is. Its not an open market so no one is allowed to come and go as they please. The seer must be with you, and she must allow you to enter, other wise its just to forget about it."

"Good to know," [SIZE= 16px]Aiada nodded. [/SIZE]"Thank you." [SIZE= 16px]It seemed only fair to thank him for tolerating her questions.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 16px]The swordswoman had been prepared to be standing there for quite some time now that she knew a bit more; however, something happened then that changed absolutely everything. Seer Jada came scrambling back out of the temple bare feet splashing through the water before running in the mud without realizing she'd forgotten her shoes. [/SIZE]"It's GONE!" [SIZE= 16px]she proclaimed loudly. [/SIZE]"The artifact of Pyrus... the amulet... it's... it's gone..." [SIZE= 16px]The woman was very obviously going into shock among other things and her head was shaking as she looked to the ground. [/SIZE]"I... I never would've thought... we got a warning, but I thought Pyrus would give me more if something that... so valuable.. so important..."

[SIZE= 16px]Aiada's hand reflexively shifted to the blade at her hip because at first, she had interpreted Jada's running as a sign of danger. Once she heard what had really happened, she relaxed just a bit but she knew there was a long way to go before things would resolve. [/SIZE]"You were just here this morning, right Seer? Whoever took it can't have gotten far."

"It had to be that blasphemist," [SIZE= 16px]Jada cursed under her breath.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 16px]Aiada's eyes shifted to Tucker. [/SIZE]"Jada, I think you should get this news back to town so we can start trying to find it. I'll sweep the forests here. Tucker, can you escort her back to town?"

[SIZE= 16px]Tucker was shocked when the seer came out of the temple only a few moments after she entered, and was taken back even more upon her announcement. Immediately he went to the side, his eyes now finally looking down. [/SIZE]"Seer Jada, please calm down." [SIZE= 16px]He said in a softer voice attempting to cool the others nerves. Looking at Aiada he gave her a nod, more than welcome to agreeing to this.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 16px]"Come Seer, let's tell Dale about this. He'll know what to do, and can get the amulet back. Pyrus is on our side, whoever dare take the artifact will not leave the island with it." [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 16px]Jada could only nod and follow along with Tucker, leaving Aiada to start the hunt that would soon turn into an island-wide search.[/SIZE]

Elisa Pentana

If there was any one reaction that stood out more than anything else as Elisa listened to the brief discussion that took place between Arlen and Nerissa, it was the way her eyes lit up like a thousand suns when she heard mention of Aquarius. Her eyes seemed to dance up and down Nerissa's form for a moment, as though trying to gauge something or other about the woman. The odd thing was that she never made any comment about the situation.

Elisa knew that she couldn't afford to get too tangled up in anything here on the island. Her primary objective now was to get off safely. The rest of the things she wanted to do were things that could be addressed later.

"You follow Aquarius's teachings?" she sought to clarify and to make sure she heard right. "Really not someone who fits in with the crowd on this island, I can say that much." That was because Elisa knew about the people of The Hallows and about what they believed in.

"Wait, wait," Elisa objected when Arlen tried to prevent Nerissa from asking about the temple's location. "You are not who I thought you were. She deserves to see it because there is much she could learn from it and it truly is beautiful." There was a smile on Elisa's face now and she didn't look nearly as nervous as she had when they had first encountered each other. Something had changed. In fact, if you asked Elisa, everything had changed and she would have had so many more questions had she had the time for them. Unfortunately that was not the case.

"It's back that way," Elisa gestured slightly off from the direction they had come. "You'll have to push through the branches or you'll never see it. Good luck!" And there she seemed content to bid them farewell. She didn't stop herself from adding one final thing, though. "Oh, and Lady, be careful. This island is about to become very unsafe, especially for one with your faith."

@QuirkyAngel 

Scarlet Johanna Indigrid, Cletus T. Bass, and Limstella

"Yes I'm pretty sure that he is a devil fruit user," Limstella said as she took another glance around to see if Cygnus was nearby. "He disappeared into mid air; what else could it be?" Thinking back, that could of explained how he entered in the seer's house, but never mind that.

"Also, I don't think he ate it on the island. I was nearby him during our arrival to the island." Having a teleporting crew member was not on the list for grabbing a ride to another island. She didn't know why she cared for Cygnus; maybe it was responsibility? Either way they had to go find him before they leave the island.

After hearing Limstella's few added details explaining the situation with Cygnus, she began to realize more and more that she really hadn't put any effort into getting to know the guy before asking him to tell the story of her crew. It kinda made her feel silly and possibly even like she had been a terrible Captain which wasn't a good feeling at all. Scarlet sighed to herself as she tried to process everything before returning her attention to Tamashi, the person she wasn't quite sure what to do with.

"Oh," she sighed, becoming more somber when she learned that it wouldn't be easy to procure a replica of the woman's outfit. "Pity. If I knew who made it, I would go buy one from them. It truly does look delightful on you." Offering the other girl a compliment brightened her spirits a bit and then she nodded.

"Good that you can help, thoug. If he can disappear, then I imagine finding him won't be easy. I don't know what he would be doing, though." Again, she was realizing she didn't know her crew very well and it was affecting her negatively.

"Cletus, did you get to talk to Cygnus at all while we were on the ship?" she asked the shipwright.

Cletus stood in silence as the females talked. He eyed Tamashi suspiciously. He was a little relieved when Scarlet seemed to be taking the cautious approach, though there wasn't really a good reason for his paranoia...yet. Cletus snapped his attention from the new girl to his Captain after she had asked him a question.

"Not long enough to learn that he was a Devil Fruit user. By the sounds of it, Cygnus can take care of himself," Cletus replied, exhaling smoke. "Still...we won't find him if we stand around and talk about clothes," he added like the crotchety, older man he was. "Let's try lookin' around the shops next. Maybe he'll turn up. Though if memory serves me right, we should probably keep an eye out for the doc too. I reckon he's wondering around doin' doctor things."

Scarlet's eyes narrowed a bit. "Shannon? I thought we left him at the ship with Rena?" The captain herself legitimately had not seen Shae leave the ship back when they had been there.

Cletus nodded. "He's a quiet fellow, bein' cat-like and a mute, so I'm not surprised if you didn't see him leave on his own," he replied, not trying to insult the doctor, but still having a grumpy tinge in his voice. "Doesn't matter now. We should get movin' before the islanders try somethin'."

Limstella sighed. "All this for one story teller, and also he had a wing for a arm just to let you know," she said on a side note. "I do wonder if we have bad luck syndrome if that existed..." Odds are they might as well run into more trouble along the way.

"Well, regardless of all the things we didn't know, Cletus is right. We should get moving," Scarlet sighed. She really didn't know what she was supposed to do when she realized she hardly knew her crew at all, actually. Then her head snapped, looking at Cletus and Limstella. "Neither of you two are hiding any weird things, are you?"

Cletus let out a grumpy chuckle. "What you see is what you get. I'm just an old cowboy who idolized Gol D. Roger as a kid. It would be nice if I lived long enough to see the One Piece, but being a pirate is a dangerous profession. Knowin' me I'll probably die from lung cancer before a bullet or sword could do me in."

"Well..." Limstella treaded off, as she thought back to the events of looking through Jada's house. Should she reveal? Should she not? If anything all it would do it either get them both mad and earn their trust, or lie and that would mean 'what comes around goes around.'

"Well what?" Scarlet raised an eyebrow at Limstella.

"Cygnus... and I..." Biting her lip she was debating if she should tell or not. "Do you remember where Cygnus, and I were at when we got onto the island?"

Scarlet shook her head. "No, but... is there anything weird about you that I should know?" The captain had a feeling that what Limstella was about to detail wasn't what she was looking for. "You don't have any wings or devil fruits or any other..." she wasn't even sure what else to add to that list so she left it at that.

"Of course not. If anything I'd be useless in a fight." There wasn't that much special about her. The only thing she was good for was probably another set of eyes. Relief showed onto her face, as her expression softened.

"Aright then. That's what I needed to know. Cletus, you and I are going to check the shops and keep an eye open for Shannon while we're at it. Jasper might run into Shannon too so I'm not too worried. Limstella, you can head back to the ship. Maybe Cygnus went there trying to get away from someone and we just missed him on the way here. If you don't find him, come back to town. We'll be meeting by the inn we stayed at last night." At least, that was the meeting place Scarlet remembered. She was trying to sound confident right now so she didn't think about it too much.

Finally, Scarlet's attention returned to Tamashi. "You can join Limstella for now." Keeping everyone with someone else seemed to be a good idea.

"I understand I'll go back to the ship since I might be a liabiltiy at this point." She nodded to Scarlet's suggestion on what she should do. "Is there anything else before I go?"

"Yes," Scarlet emphasised firmly. "You're not a liability, Limstella. I'm sending you there because I know if Cygnus was hiding on the ship, you could find him. I trust you!"

Limstella stiffened but nodded. "I understand. Tamashi let's go." Grabbing for Tamashi's wrist, she began to sneakily run with Tamashi towards the ship.

Collab with: @DaughterofAthena@TheForgottenDoll

@Nenma Takashi

After having crossed paths with the man from Mirstone and helping him Shannon quickly followed  his directions to the market. He had found it surprisingly easy to ply his wares too, as apparently most plants here excelled at taking care of lacerations and punctures or other such wounds that would have been extolled by another being, but they found it hard to come by many natural remedies to natural ailments as simple as sun burns, rashes and a few simple viruses or bacterial infections were missing from the island. What resulted was a large demand for the surplus that he carried.

Even more surprising to him was that despite his low offers absolutely nobody was willing to let him undersell his herbs. There were quite a few who mentioned some code of ethics when it came to dealing with outside traders, likely due to their reliance on them, and  much to his chagrin he had wound up finishing his trade with far more than he had asked for. Though this pleased for his stomach, as one kindly old man had given him a delicious loaf of bread in exchange for a bit of healing.

Finding a place to sit down in a small patio, the Mink was able to enjoy his food, with a bit of awkwardness from a few stares here or there, as he listened to a young woman play a rather lively tune on an odd flute. It was a beautiful noise that did wonders to his mood as he enjoyed the tunes and his small meal and he couldn't help but find himself entranced with the music. The truth was he had always loved listening to music, but had never had a chance to truly enjoy it. Sure, the pirates sometimes made slaves sing time to time, but ultimately Shannon had never enjoyed seeing the slaves forced to do anything. 

They never had their hearts in it.

"I'm sorry."

Blinking rapidly at the words, it took Shannon a moment to realise he was being addressed. As he looked up at the face of the speaker questioningly, it took him a moment to realise that she was trying to talk to him. His look must have told the girl he didn't understand because she spoke again to clarify.

"For  my music making you cry, I didn't mean too, most people like my music."

Raising a hand-paw to his eyes in shock, Shannon found his cheeks slightly damp with his only explanation was that his memories had upset him. Wiping his face dry quickly Shannon pulled out his note pad and responded.

~No, no, it was the most beautiful thing I've heard in ages. I'm Shannon, a healer.~

The musician looked almost puzzled as Shannon penned his note, but as soon as she read it she seemed to both become a lot happier, as well as understand that Shannon was mute. The two continued conversation for a short while longer, the girl even sitting down for a time. Shannon explained to her his love for music but having never been able to properly enjoy it, and in turn the girl explained her views on music, and how it should be able to be found anywhere. Much to the Mink's surprise, she too had been orphaned, and to combat her loss she had instead turned to song. It was almost the same for him, though he had turned to medicine, but he did understand the idea of feeling happier by making people feel better.

~I wish I could learn music too. It seems like a wonderful way to help people who hurt even when I can't do anything else for them with my medicine.~

Reaching into her bag, the young girl pulled out another set of pipes, though this one held less pipes than the one she held. She then pulled out a small set of papers and rifled through them, occasionally setting a paper down and moving on through the set before placing another one down. Once she'd gone through the whole pile she put the ones still in her hands back in the bag, and slid the stack on the table across to him before placing the smaller pipe set on top. Looking at them, he noticed the smaller set had notes carved into the ends of the pipes, as if to see them while playing.

"This was my first pipe set I ever made. I haven't had use of it in years since I moved to bigger and grander pieces. I want you to have it, with all the beginners music sheets I first started learning from. But, you can only have it on one condition, you come back to the island one day and show me all you've learned, got it?"

Instead of agreeing Shannon's eyes got big as he stared at the gift before him, hands working autonomously, ~I can't take your first instrument, I haven't even done anything for you.~

"You don't think you did anything," the girl laughed gaily, "But my grandpappie's been sick for ages, and he's the only one in town that makes that bread. He only gives it out to people who've done him a favour. So if you're a healer like you said, and you've got grandpappie's bread, then I'm guessing you fixed him right up. Besides, like I said, I can't really do any of the music I know with those small pipes anymore, not enough pipes. So you're keeping it as thanks. Anyway, I've got to get to my other job, have a good day!"

Watching the girl run off without another word Shannon swore to himself that he would have to come back one day to show the girl what he had learned. Now he just needed to find a good, quiet place to practice.

Watanabe Hotaka Wasabi, Ryuu (aka. Ken) and Darren Fallk

[SIZE= 14px]On the far side of the island, Ken had finally found a spot to observe the water without being spotted by one of the watchmen. [/SIZE]"First the pirate ship, and now this one. Its not marine but who does it belong to?"[SIZE= 14px] He muttered to himself as he rested against a tree his eyes on the ship, too focused on trying to sort out that question to pay as much attention as he should to his surroundings. [/SIZE]"There isn't anything on it telling me if its a trading ship or something else. Do I have to go on the damn thing and investigate myself?"[SIZE= 14px] He mumbled under his breath feeling rather irked by the extra work.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]It took a while for Wasabi to work his way around the island. He had been working his way through the shadows of the trees on the coastline. If there really was another group of visitors on the island, running straight into them might not be the smartest decision. When he finally reached the opposite side of the island, Wasabi found two interesting things to note. First off, there really were other visitors. They didn't seem to be doing much to hide their presence aside from the fact that they hadn't gone to the harbor. The other thing to note was that Wasabi found another onlooker as well. His silent steps carried the cook's foreboding shadow over to blacken the ground around the other. Then he said in an eerie voice, [/SIZE]"They say curiosity killed the cat. What do you think?"

"Extra work it is."[SIZE= 14px] He whispered under his breath as he pushed off the tree ready to leave that area to check out the ship. However before he could go anywhere he heard a voice behind him which made his blood run cold for a moment. In one swift movement his right hand went into his pocket and he whirled around to confront Wasabi, two switch blades in hand ready to throw at a moment's notice. [/SIZE]'I...I didn't hear him approach me, damn it, I must have gotten to focused on one thing again.'[SIZE= 14px] Rather than show his surprise a smirk decorated his face. [/SIZE]"Everyone loves to say that first half, but never the second. Guess it doesn't sound as cool huh?"[SIZE= 14px] He asked as he shifted into a fighting stance though he was ready to flee if needed. [/SIZE]"......You look disgustingly familiar."[SIZE= 14px] Ken stated slowly as he tried to rack his brain around why this was the case.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]After a moment he still didn't come to a conclusion, but he didn't stop thinking. [/SIZE][SIZE= 14px]"Well you snuck up on me and gave your introduction. But seems you failed to mention your name and intentions, want to try it again?"[/SIZE][SIZE= 14px] He asked with a smirk as he still kept his blades at the ready.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]Wasabi didn't even flinch at Ken's movements. The cook reached up to his rice hat and tipped it down slightly so that the sun glinted on the sharp edge of the hat as he said, [/SIZE]"I suggest you put those toys away before you become the cat. I did not sneak up on you. I simply found you at my destination. That is why I spoke. It would have been rude to remain silent while standing behind you. As for the name, I am Watanabe Hotaka Wasabi. What is yours?"

[SIZE= 14px]Ken didn't lower his stance or put away his weapons when asked, he remained still and watched every move the other made ready to act in a second or even less. [/SIZE]"Watanabe....."[SIZE= 14px] He mumbled before he let out a light laugh. [/SIZE]"Ah just great, first what happened after the storm now this."[SIZE= 14px] He took a small breath and kept his nerves about him as he really didn't feel worried about the situation. Yes he would prefer if a fight didn't break out, but if one did...well he was certain he could end it quickly. [/SIZE]"My name? Well, since I'm so kind. You can call me Ryuu."[SIZE= 14px] he stated going for one of his fake names at this time.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]After a moment of silence and consideration he lowered his hand, no longer intending to throw his blade, at least at this moment. He relaxed his stance to one that was more casual and non threatening. [/SIZE]"I take it you are part of the Red Ribbon crew hm? Or have you been hiding from the marines in this hovel?"

[SIZE= 14px]Wasabi let out a small chuckle as he said, [/SIZE]"I am a cook, not a pirate, and I do not hide from Marines. After all, I'm talking to you."

[SIZE= 14px]Ken simply gave a smile as he tilted his head to the side showing innocence in his features. [/SIZE]"Well, sorry to burst your bubble, but I'm not a marine. Just a stranger on an island who happened to see your wanted poster. Now I don't want to be the stranger on an island who ends up fighting and possibly killing you, so I suggest you tell me what you know about the ship out there."[SIZE= 14px] His voice was kind but there certainly was a mischievous undertone.[/SIZE]

"Not a marine? I've spent half my life trying to defend the people of my village from the greed of Marine leaders. I'm pretty sure I can recognize an informant when I see one. However, I have no intention of fighting either. So if you'll just look out there, you'll see that the ship out there is... a ship, and... there are people... should I keep going?"[SIZE= 14px] stated Wasabi.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]His 'innocent' smile didn't leave his face even when the other claimed he could see he was a marine. He stayed quiet as he listened to the other before his smile left him and he sighed out depressed a bit at the lack of usefulness the other was being. [/SIZE][SIZE= 14px]"I think you are going to need another lifetime to figure out who's who. Because I am [/SIZE]not[SIZE= 14px] a marine, being placed on such a low level is sickening to the stomach. Shame you can't be of more use in this life, honestly thought I would get a break. But no, just a low bounty pirate bothering me."[/SIZE][SIZE= 14px] he said as he looked at Wasabi his smirk once again plastered on his face.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]Wasabi spoke in an eerie tone as he said, [/SIZE]"It matters not, who you are. In the end, it is what you do that defines you. Even if you think you have reason, where mindless men do not, if the outcome is the same, then the difference is mute. My actions speak for themselves. I am a cook. Your actions speak for someone who thinks one who just arrives could hold more knowledge than one that was here prior."

[SIZE= 14px]Ken simply waved his hand in a dismissive fashion as he looked to his side. [/SIZE][SIZE= 14px]"I haven't seen your actions just heard your tone, and I'm not a fool that I would simply ignore the possibility that someone who snuck up on me may know something. Its possible, you like sayings right? So you should know of the never leave a stone unturned one. Prett-...."[/SIZE][SIZE= 14px] He stopped near the end of his sentence and let out a sigh as he placed his hand in his pocket. [/SIZE]'Focus, focus, don't let insects delay me.'

[SIZE= 14px]Closing his eyes for a moment his smirk disappeared and his face became rather neutral as he looked back at Wasabi. [/SIZE]"I thought about going to your captain, but you should work. Tell me pirate, are you and your crew planning on stealing anything of importance from this village?"[SIZE= 14px] He asked in a calm manner.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]Wasabi was not about to let anything about the crew slip, even down to the fact that he was one of them. Thus, he simply responded, [/SIZE]"I am not here to steal. However, where I come from, we have another saying about stones. Flip a stone, and you risk waking the scorpion beneath."

[SIZE= 14px]Tilting his head to the side as he listened Ken couldn't help but let out a snicker despite the fact he was trying to be serious. [/SIZE][SIZE= 14px]"You and your sayings~It's amusing really, you are making it hard to be intimidating."[/SIZE][SIZE= 14px] He said as he snickered some more. [/SIZE]"Ah, seems you have a comeback for anything i may say huh?"[SIZE= 14px] Letting out a light sigh as he finally stopped snickering and started to move a bit to the side. [/SIZE]"I have to admire you calm though, people usually tend to attack me rather than talk, which is one reason you aren't in a bloody pulp~That and its enjoyable here your little sayings." [SIZE= 14px]Humming a bit as he said this he turned his gaze to the ship in front of them.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]"And as enjoyable as it is, I do have work to do. So priate don't get in my way and try to be good. I know thats against your core nature, but you seem smart enough not to go stealing things~"[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]Wasabi simply nodded and said, [/SIZE]"I have no reason not to be calm, and as a cook, I have no intention of interfering with your business. Only if you start flipping the wrong rock."

[SIZE= 14px]What the two of them did not notice as they were conversing at the time was that something seemed to leap off of the ship just on the horizon and it wasn't quite human either. Actually, it quickly shifted into a bird - a rather large bird (though not abnormally so) that soared gracefully across the sky, over the water and towards the island. The watchers standing on shore seemed to notice it, but there was nothing wrong with an eagle in their eyes and minds so they didn't need to act upon the sight of it. Their job was just to pay attention to the ship itself.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]Because it was able to get by so easily, it was barely a moment at all before the bird was hovering high over the heads of Ken and Wasabi and it slowly moved down, landing on one of the branches on a tree just overhead. After that, it shifted, transforming into a man rather than a bird. Whether they saw him at this point or not, his actions would be the same. Calling down to them, he asked, [/SIZE]"Excuse me. Have either of ya seen a girl running around? Silverish blonde hair... that's probably not a good description actually.."[SIZE= 14px] He scratched the back of his head as he tried to think of a better one.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]Wasabi's ear twitched as he heard noise from the branches above. Something was above them. Wasabi could have flailed around to face whatever was in the trees, but he chose not to. After all, it could be something quite harmless. However, that thought was soon thrown out as the little bird Wasabi had caught earlier that was now perched on his shoulder suddenly kicked up a racket, making all sorts of angry caws at the unknown entity. Obviously something had upset the bird.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]Wasabi angled his body ever so slightly to prepare for whatever may happen next. To his relief, he was confronted with nothing more than a voice. As the man continued, he raised an eyebrow. It seemed everyone was in search of something today. However, the purpose of the question caused the cook to pause. After a moment, he asked, [/SIZE]"Running? Perhaps it is you she is running from. So I'm not so sure if I should answer that."

[SIZE= 14px]Having been halted in his departure by the late arrival to this little conversation, Ken looked up at the newcomer in silence as Wasabi spoke. Trying to see if he could place the others face, but he came up blank. His eyes moved over to Wasabi for a moment before looking back at bird boy. [/SIZE]"Girl with Silvery hair?"[SIZE= 14px] He repeated. [/SIZE]"Not many people like that around."[SIZE= 14px] After saying this he looked over his back, then his sides and even behind a tree before looking back at the new guy. [/SIZE]"Going to say no, haven't seen her... Though, where did you come from? Inland or are you another newcomer to the island?"[SIZE= 14px] He asked as he stuffed his hands in his pocket while looking at the blond.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]Because it quickly became apparent that neither of the two men below him had seen Elisa, the man decided it would be better not to waste his time getting into a long and drawn out conversation. Besides, the whole point of the mission was to disappear before anyone truly realized who it was that actually stopped by the island. At least, that had been the goal they told him about. [/SIZE]"She's not running from me. She's supposed to be running to me, actually."[SIZE= 14px] He said that quickly and then he glanced at Ken briefly, trying to decide if any of his questions were worth answers or not. [/SIZE]"I've been watching for a while, I suppose, if that means anything to ya."

[SIZE= 14px]There was no time beyond that, though. The man quickly pushed himself off the branch and for a moment looked as though he was going to fall into the soil beside them. However, before that could happen, he was once again an eagle and he quickly soared back up again, heading further inland in his search.[/SIZE]

"Watching?"[SIZE= 14px] Ken repeated softly under his breath before the birdman left as soon as he appeared. When he soared into the sky Ken's eyes honed in on him and didn't move away for a moment. [/SIZE]"......Hey pirate cook, whatever, earlier you said you weren't here to steal; tell me about your crew. Do you think they will take something that is important to the village?"[SIZE= 14px] He asked in a cool tone, his eyes still on the sky despite the other having long left his sight.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]Rather than give Ken a direct answer and confirm that he was with a crew, Wasabi simply responded, [/SIZE]"If you're worried about something being stolen, then I suggest you concentrate your attention on the visitors that chose not to dock at the harbor. If the ships at the harbor were here to steal, then you'd already know their intentions."

"It was a yes or no question."[SIZE= 14px] Ken said as he pushed off the tree and walked toward Wasabi, his hands out of his pockets. [/SIZE]"If I knew the ship at the harbors intention I wouldn't waste my breath and time on asking these questions."[SIZE= 14px] He stated his eyes now on Wasabi as he approached. [/SIZE]"I'll ask you again, do you think the pirates at the docks are here to steal the item. Yes. Or no?"[SIZE= 14px] he asked his joking tone and expression voided from his face as he was now less than a foot away from Wasabi.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]The bird on Wasabi's shoulder cawed demandingly down at Ken while the cook remained unmoving. Obviously this man didn't know who stood in front of him. Wasabi didn't care for the man's demanding nature, yet rather than react to this with violence, he said, [/SIZE]"The item? Well then the answer must be no, for I know not of what you speak."

[SIZE= 14px]Ken tilted his head to the side as he kept his eyes on Wasabi. Unable to read his face due to the shadow he had to try and figure out if the man was lying through the tone in his voice. [/SIZE]"That hat is annoying, I can't tell if you are pretending to be ignorant, or if you are simply acting like this to get on my nerves."[SIZE= 14px] He said before a his smirk slowly returned to his face. [/SIZE]"I'll take your word for now pirate~Though, if that crew of yours does steal what I want...."[SIZE= 14px] He trailed off and looked at the sky before shaking his head. [/SIZE]"Maybe one of your sayings can help you figure out what will happen~"[SIZE= 14px] With that he moved to the side and started to walk by Wasabi.[/SIZE]

"Oh, and since I enjoyed the first part of our conversation Mr, I always have a comeback I'll let you know something~"[SIZE= 14px] Now looking out of the corner of his eye he still had his playful smirk. [/SIZE]"You should see the most beautiful spectacle here before you leave, the sooner the better~"[SIZE= 14px] He hummed before looking at the woods and nodding his head toward the woods. [/SIZE]"I haven't laid eyes on it just yet, but I've heard its a sight to behold."[SIZE= 14px] Rolling his neck once before leaning forward as he snickered.[/SIZE]

"Personally, I think you might enjoy it~You may learn new sayings from that place~Until later~"[SIZE= 14px] With that he gave a half hearted wave before shifting his feet for a moment. [/SIZE]"Shave."[SIZE= 14px] In a blink there was a small bit of wind as well as some dust, Ken however, was gone.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]The bird on Wasabi's shoulder flapped its wings for a moment, but did not take off. It let out a few more confused caws before settling back down. Wasabi didn't really care that much for the common idea of beauty. It was superficial. However, he felt there might be something important to the man's words. It was worth noting to the captain.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]Collab Involving: @CelticHero37 @Peaceswore and myself[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]Nearby (although probably not close enough to actually hear words... just might sense something moving...): @QuirkyAngel [/SIZE]

[COLOR= rgb(0, 255, 0)]Nerissa Orta[/COLOR]

“Unsafe?” Nerissa tilted her head, cerulean locks falling over her shoulder as she gazed at the forest traveler with inquisitive eyes. “Whatever do you mean? Why would someone of my faith be in danger?”

Aquarius had led her and Arlen to the woman before them. Why? Nerissa did not know. However, it peaked her curiosity about the silvery haired girl. She wanted to know more. Not only that, but Nerissa decided that she liked the stranger who seemed to understand the significance of religious structures built of devotion and faith. She was disappointed when the woman seemed to want to say farewell. Yet Nerissa would not stop a someone who had clearly had something else to do. That would be rude and—as oblivious as Nerissa could be at times—she could take a hint. She was also eager to see the temple for herself—though pushing through the branches was a bit vague…Nerissa glanced in the direction the forest traveler showed warily.

No matter. Aquarius shall guide us.  

“Oh, and please call me Nerissa,” The water priestess took a step back, released Elisa’s hand, and curtsied—a gentle smile on her face. “I had hoped you would accompany us to the temple, but I thank you for the information you’ve provided nonetheless. If you know of any oncoming danger won’t you tell us about it? My friends and I are currently staying at the Hallows, you see, and I would hate for them to be caught up in anything unsafe…,”

Though Cygnus already seems to be caught up in some excitement.

It was truly very odd. Aquarius, as far as Nerissa knew was a benevolent goddess whose teachings involved harmony. Nerissa couldn’t imagine Aquarius having a quarrel with any other god—and she didn’t remember reading about Pyrus. Though, it wasn’t as if Mirage Island had all the poneglyphs surrounding Aquarius. Some were missing. Nerissa was certain there were more hidden truths that her islanders were not aware of. Truths she was certain the King of Pirates probably discovered in his great adventures and stored away in One Piece—after all, what greater treasure could there be than knowledge? That was why she’d left the island…to find answers. And it was very possible that this so called Temple of Pyrus had some of the answers she was looking for.  

“At the very least, tell us your name before we part ways, kind stranger. That way I’ll be able to pray Aquarius bless you on whatever journey you embark upon.”

“And how you know the island will be unsafe,” Arlen added.That was the important part. “If you would be so kind.”

[SIZE= 24px]Arlen Hakhassi [/SIZE]

The 17-year old fighter, who had been watching the watchers watch her boat, focused his attention on the silvery haired girl as soon as she mentioned danger. The thought of danger didn’t scare him per say—as he and Nerissa had always been in danger—ever since leaving Mirage Island—but there was no harm in being cautious. The woman didn’t give off a dangerous feeling, the same way Ken had, but he still had an odd feeling that she was keeping something from them. Then again, they were also keeping something from her—the fact that they were pirates—so it wasn’t as if he had any right to accuse her of anything.

Hands back in the pocket of his red jacket, the dark skinned boy sighed. Why was someone of their faith in danger? A silly question—one Lady Nerissa would have to be completely dense if she didn’t know the answer to. They were always in danger, so long as Nerissa continued to preach Aquarius. To the outsiders of Mirage Island, theirs was religion that wasn’t supposed to exist. The world government put a ban on it—on anything regarding the void century really. That was why the Chieftans had sent him to be Nerissa’s protector.  He could hardly blame the people of the Hallows for hiding their temple—especially if this so called Pyrus really did exist during the time of Aquarius. Arlen didn’t like the fact that Nerissa was digging so deep into things that were meant to be kept hidden. Such actions often brought trouble.

Then again, Arlen was also partly curious. as he was too a follower of Aquarius. Was there more to their benevolent goddess than what meets the eye? If so, what should be done?

Arlen didn’t bother to think beyond that. That was the Water Priestess’s job. As the Leviathan, it was only his job to protect her—the beacon of Mirage Island. And, if there was anything that could cause her to be in danger, Arlen wanted to know about it. The sound of flapping wings drew Arlen’s attention to a bird that flew past the shore and into the forest—not too far from where they were. It was another bird he didn’t know the name of.

“I wonder if Wasabi knows how to cook that one…,” Arlen commented idly, not really speaking to anyone in particular as it disappeared from sight. Curious, Arlen picked the nearest tall-looking tree and began to climb, hoping to get a clearer view of where the creature landed. Feet dancing from branch to branch, his grip unwavering and steadfast, Arlen's movements were one of an experienced climber--one unafraid of high places.  One hand against the trunk, to keep his balance, and another shading his eyes, Arlen peered at the general direction the bird had disappeared. A couple of moments latter, the bird re-emerged from the foliage and flew inland. Arlen wished he had his bow with him so he could try to shoot it down. He doubted his hidden dagger would reach it, even if he tried.

"Please get down, Arlen. We are in the middle of a conversation. You can hunt later."

The snake coiled around his armed tightened, its grip, seeming to not like the sudden movement either. Arlen grinned playful down at the pair of girls, feet dangling as he took a seat on the branch. "But it's niiiice up here. And it's not like we're in any hurry to get to the Temple of Pyrus, isn't that right, Lady Nerissa?"

She'd been the one dilly-dallying picking weeds.

"We don't have any reason to be in a hurry. The temple's not moving anywhere."                   

@DaughterofAthena

Nearby: @CelticHero37      

[SIZE=18pt]Scarlet Johanna Indigrid[/SIZE][SIZE=18pt] and [/SIZE][SIZE=18pt]Cletus T. Bass[/SIZE]

The captain’s eyes remained focused on Limstella and Tamashi until they vanished from her sight completely and then she turned to face Cletus with an oddly vivid smile upon her face. “Alright. I’m pretty sure they’re right on task. Now… you said we could go shopping, right?!” There was an extra bounce in her step as she thought about all the wonderful things she might be able to find. “I know! What if I bought something from every island we visited? Then I’d have a wonderful collection to add to the One Piece when we find it! Wouldn’t that be wonderful!?”

Scarlet was clearly a little sidetracked and she started walking back to the main streets of the town without waiting for a direct response.

“That’s not what I said at all,” Cletus grumbled. He couldn’t believe how fast his Captain began to think about shopping after he had mentioned checking the shops for their uncounted for crewmates. Gol D. Roger wouldn’t be buying souvenirs at a time like this.

Cletus dutifully followed his captain, but looked more grouchy about it than usual.  “I suggested searchin’ the shops because that’s where our missing crew members could be. Hopefully they’re shopping… if they aren’t in trouble already.” He took a drag on his cigarette to help him tone down his anger. “If you want to buy souvenirs, they’ll still be waitin’ for you later in the safely of the store. A luxury we don’t know if Cygnus, Shae, or whoever else ventured off has.”

“Oh,” Scarlet muttered, clearly a bit downtrodden and having lost a fair amount of enthusiasm about the prospect of where they were heading now. She had been excited about the idea of shopping and that much was obvious. Then again, she was the kind of girl who would always be excited about shopping. “Well, that’s kinda the same, right? We still get to go into shops and I can look and see if there’s anything I might want to come back for. I can look at the stuff and keep an eye out for them and then you can look for them too. It’ll work!” Scarlet nodded her head affirmatively, having regained some of her enthusiasm back.

Then her mind briefly ran through the members of her crew. She was slowly but surely building up a list of people to keep track of and  she was surprised at how easy it was coming to her. Wasabi - he was looking for other visitors on the island. Jasper - he was getting supplies and information gathering. Limstella - she was heading back to the ship to see if Cygnus headed that way. Cygnus - missing. Shae - apparently missing too. Scarlet could’ve sworn their crew was bigger than that, but she could not for the life of her think of anyone else. It was frustrating.

“Is there anyone else in the crew we haven’t seen in a while? I feel like we’re forgetting someone.” As she asked, she kept walking so that they continued to make progress.

“Fine. Just as long as we’re clear that we aren’t making purchases just yet,” Cletus replied, exhaling smoke. He quickly noticed the loss of enthusiasm in his captain’s voice and felt a little guilty about it. Being a captain meant that there was a lot of stuff to keep track of; even though Scarlet seemed new at the job, at least she was trying her hardest.

“Hmmm…” Cletus continued to smoke as he thought. “I haven’t seen Arlen and Nerissa for a while. I suspect that they’re together,” he replied. “Considering all of her Aquarius talk, maybe they’re checking out the religious hot spots… if they aren’t bein’ tried for heresy…” If the islanders could get riled up about something Cygnus did, whatever that was, it didn’t seem too much of a stretch to Cletus’ paranoid mind.

“Ahh, you’re right!” Scarlet proclaimed when she realized that those two hadn’t been on her mental list. “We’ll need to find them too, then. Come to think of it, I haven’t seen them since we left the inn this morning… were they there when we left?” As she asked it, her hand was deftly reaching for the handle on a door to a shop. It was an antique shop, actually and her eyes glistened when she saw all the likely expensive souvenirs.

“I’m not sure...  I must have been thinkin’ too hard about the Charybdis to notice,” Cletus grumbled. He was a little irritated that he didn’t know for sure when he last saw the Arlen and Nerissa. It would have been useful information, but in the long run it probably wouldn’t have changed anything.

“Well, we can ask when we find ‘em,” Scarlet commented before pulling open the door and walking right in with Cletus on her heels. He took a final puff on his cigarette and tossed it in the dirt; letting the door with a ‘No Smoking’ sign slam shut behind him.

Collab: @DaughterofAthena

Seer Jada and Dale Vroegan

It didn’t take too long once they had departed before the seer and the blacksmith made it back to the town and that was for a few reasons. Primary among them was the fact that the seer had been practically running all the way there because she was in a rush to get the news to the rest of the town where there was no doubt that action could and would be taken to try and ensure that what was stolen was returned. In fact, Jada was certain that Dale would make sure things started moving and that all things that could possibly be done were done.

Once she arrived back in town, the woman paid no attention at all to whether or not her blacksmith companion stayed with her after that. It didn’t matter one way or the other. She just started scrambling to find Dale. And she found him not too far away from the market.

“Dale!” she cried out, desperation clear in her voice. “Those bastards! They stole it! They stole the Diadem of Pyrus!”

The leader’s eyes grew wide as he met with the gaze of the seer and then his expression grew angry. It was a nearly unheard of thing to see in his eyes and very rarely did emotions influence much of his decision making process at all. This was different, though. This crossed a line that had never even been drawn because no one knew it was needed. “Mobilize everyone,” he snapped out the order to anyone in the area who could hear him. There were actually quite a few people on the island who could be considered watchers even if that wasn’t their primary function. Watchers could be anyone who regularly came into contact with most of the residents of the town. “Tell them to gather up everyone in town who they haven’t seen on the island before… last night being the exception. If last night was the only prior encounter they’ve had with ‘em, that doesn’t count and those are to be brought in as well. Anyone new here I want presented in one hour's time.”

“Yes sir,” one voice echoed in reply.

Before Dale had a chance to comment any further, and before Dale could even process the order, the person who’d agreed to comply with his order was running down the street screaming at the top of his lungs, “Pyrus’s Crown’s been stolen!!! Pyrus’s Crown has been stolen!!!!” There was no doubt that the man who actually sounded more like a boy than a man was screaming at the top of his lungs and that if he had been any louder about it, the whole town would have been able to hear him while he was standing in a single spot.

Immediately it felt like a tremor ran through the entire town, through every resident and through the very land itself. Each islander built there life around their faith in that single God. He was supposed to be untouchable and someone had just snatched the one eternal connection to him that the islanders had, that they treasured, that they cherished. That sole possession made them feel as though he was always there for them. And all of a sudden he wasn’t. That being said, it certainly didn’t take long for people to take action on the news that they were receiving. Those that could leave their positions to report to Dale and get further updates did so. Most shops were left with only one worker to stay behind and that was more to make sure that the location didn’t turn into a hiding spot for the crooks than anything else.

One man ran straight back to Dale and asked, “What’s the plan?”

“Scour the island. Anyone you don’t know is to be brought back here for questioning. One of the newcomers is likely our thief and we won’t get it back until we find the one who did it.”

“Got it!” The man nodded affirmatively and grabbed the arms of another who had just run in and heard the brief spiel. “Let’s go see if Chase wants to come and help. He’s been here long enough to have learned some of the wonders Pyrus does for us.”

“Good plan.”

Together the two of them headed towards the little shop that Chase had been allotted when he first came to the island a few months ago. Almost everyone in town knew where it was because they had all utilized his services at one point or another. Tailors weren’t easy to find and he was reasonable enough company as well. Perhaps it was because they had a goal in mind or perhaps it was because he looked somewhat familiar, but regardless of the reason, the two men walked right past the man standing outside of Chase’s shop without so much as a second glance in his direction before they walked in - disregarding the sign on the door.

“Chase!” One of them called out. 

“We got a problem bud!” The other added. They were fairly certain he was in the back workshop and they were fairly certain they were talking loud enough. “It’s happened! Someone’s finally taken something! Care to help us get it back!?” Then all they could do was wait, blissfully unaware of the fact that Chase wasn’t the only one who could hear them.

Meanwhile, a woman who had run out of an antique shop had also reported to Dale for further instructions. “Dale,” she began, “I just had two customers walk into my shop and I don’t know them from anywhere I’ve been here. One of them… well, I don’t think he would just come quietly. It’s just me and my sister running the shop you see and…” Briefly the woman glanced down at herself and hoped she would get what he meant. She was on the petite side and her sister was as well. She didn’t feel confident in trying to bring in the man in her shop and if that took too much of her attention, then the woman accompanying the man in question would surely have time to run. And that was not what they wanted.

“Don’t worry. We’ll handle it. You run Aquatic Antiques, right?”

She nodded.

Dale’s attention turned back to Tucker as he asked, “Are you able to follow Ms. Breath back to her shop and bring in the guests she is referring to?”

@AllHailDago @Stormborn Targaryen @Peaceswore (Tucker) @Felix @shadowdude505

Notes: Felix can hear the things that the men are saying in Chase's shop. Cletus and Scarlet would both notice a woman hurrying out of the shop and they would hear the man "who sounds more like a boy than a man" screaming in the streets that the crown has been stolen. 

Elisa Pentana

“It’s unsafe for you because it is unsafe for me as well. It is unsafe for anyone who knows of such times.” There was something that she was trying to say without saying it, and it likely wasn’t working very well at all. She meant to imply that people who knew of the Void Time were in danger because people who forbid such things were on their way at this very moment. At the same time, though, to give away such knowledge easily would only draw more questions and Elisa needed to be paying attention so that if a way to slip through to her ship opened up, she could take it. That was the only important thing she could focus on right now… in her mind, anyway.

At the same time, though, she felt terrible for keeping such secrets. It became especially difficult when Nerissa mentioned that she had friends who she didn’t want to be unsafe.

Sighing, she decided to say more for the sake of her own conscience. “It will be most unsafe for those who share your beliefs and if that includes your friends, then I would run now, while you can.” There was a hurried tone in her voice now. “I know that the island will become unsafe because I am here to protect its most valued treasure so that future generations may still value it the same way.”

Her head briefly turned to look back to the watchers to make sure that she wasn’t missing anything while she was talking and then she reached into her bag and pulled out a scroll. If Nerissa unrolled it when she received it, she would see a symbol in the corner and then a map with a single ‘x’. “It’s not a treasure map,” Elisa explained. “That’s where you can find me. I’d love to talk more. I really would! But I have to go. I’m not safe here and neither are you. You have so much I could learn from. Please be careful. I’d love to see you again.”

With that having been said, Elisa stepped through some of the underbrush, moving herself to a better vantage point in order to watch for an opportunity to board her ship. She did not look back to Arlen and Nerissa but she truly hoped that they would start moving.

@QuirkyAngel @Peaceswore (for when/if Ken shows up... he might hear some of this if he comes)

Psst... the picture is of the symbol on the corner of the map. 

Darren Fallk
Jl032gaDklzIUCf3_xM-ieY_joEvAdCNkU5L7lIVIwOIGkFzGg9DyV-QHQTi1wYsHqAsg8LuKZI_Ki7g1WRDExDsVFGlWILb35mSUo0P0siKFl4J6b9IutGooAm64cvda3qlOIRK

Flying over the town of The Hallows, he didn’t see anything amusing aside from the fact that the people seemed to be very eager to gather all in one spot. His only guess was that it meant Elisa had succeeded in stealing the artifact and that she was stuck somewhere else. That was all the more proof that he needed to keep looking for her. Little did he know, he was flying in the wrong direction. There was nothing to stop him from flying all the way to the other side of the island - which really took him little to no time at all because he wasn’t exactly slow - and it was then that his eyes fell on the ship on the dock.

It was actually a fairly nice vessel by his eyes, too.

He didn’t have much time to look at it before he glanced further offshore at the calm waters of the sea. And it was then that Darren’s eyes found a sight that truly frightened him. Two ships were approaching and they flew a flag that Darren knew endangered not only his own life, but the lives of his friends. While his first instinct was to start moving even faster to find Elisa and get out of here, he knew that moving faster wouldn’t help him. If he moved faster, he was more likely to miss her. No. He had to instead buy time and as he flew high over the deck of Charybdis, he noticed something that he could use to his advantage.
FNAH3PUmxgdneSJSQnAL2oTv0P84OMX_GCxpJaOYabgzToJm_VFrYbN_DluBOsQ-k6cd3AVCLMYJ7FqrZIa4mqZQXjUDextomTolx3a2SCdZZjoK2a8EWxDvT4xPVhh-am4TPDAL

The eagle swooped down and landed on the ship. There wasn’t a single thing odd about it. However, then he transformed into a man and he picked up the flag he had spotted from the sky. It was a pirate flag. And he knew that would get the attention of the marines. Maybe they would be so busy finding the pirates that they wouldn’t even get involved in all the other things that were currently occupying The Hallows. Sure, it was unlikely, but it was worth a shot.

Dale proceeded to raise the flag and an unintentional squeak at the mast drew attention he didn’t want.

“Who’s there!?” One of the two watchers guarding Charybdis to make sure it didn’t sail away screamed out as he jumped up in fright.

“How did you get on board?” the other screamed when he finally realized that a man was on deck. The two of them promptly charged towards the deck of the ship and Darren rolled his eyes as he realised his life just got harder on him.

“Why do I bother?” he sighed to himself.

What Darren and the watchers didn’t know was that a member of the crew and her companion were on their way back to the ship right then and the two ships continued drawing closer. And… now a pirate flag was in their sights.

@TheForgottenDoll @Nenma Takashi (This is the situation going on at the ship whenever Limstella and Tamashi get there.) 

@shadowdude505 @QuirkyAngel @Azure Sky (Two ships... that just might be you guys!)

A question here and an inquiry there whilst he explored the tunes of his new pan flute eventually led Shannon to the last person in the Hallows that was currently in need of help. Apparently a few days prior the local butcher had accidentally cut his arm on a meat hook. From the explanations, Shannon had figured it hadn't been quite the cleanest of meat hooks either.  On the bright side, he had received quite clear and direct instructions on how to reach the butcher's home. It did take a bit to convince the burly man to actually let him help, however. It did make a little bit of sense to Shannon, though. He was offering to help for nothing, and the man swore that there was a hidden catch. 

Honestly Shannon wasn't even hungry anymore, so the butcher had nothing to offer him regardless. What did catch his attention was the nasty pus that was showing under the butcher's attempt to bandage himself. It was clear to the Mink that it had become infected, and that he was going to have to open the wound to clean it properly. 

Having seated the man, he first gave him a pain relieving mixture to swallow, waiting for the effects to kick in as he used his mortar and pestle to grind up a secondary, topical paste to set over the wound for a few minutes. As he worked the butcher proceeded to regail him with tell of his late wife. Despite having never met her, there was a flush of sympathy for the man from Shannon as he listened to the butcher explain his wife used to be a gardener and would always have nice flowers that she'd sell in the market. The talking was nice, and it helped calm the man for what was bound to come next, though it may have had a bit to do with the mild sedative in the mixture he'd given the man too. 

Pulling back the bandage a second time, Shannon deftly rinsed the paste away and drew out a set of tweezers and a small scalpel. Picking at the edges of the wound first to get an understanding of it's shape and form as well as figure out how deep it was. Once he'd gotten an understanding of the depths of the laceration and isolated the pockets of pus he used his scalpel to cut a small drainage and used the side of his tweezers to begin pushing any lingering poisonous wastes from the wound. Only satisfied when certain that the pockets were empty, Shannon began to clean the wound and prepared to sew it up when he began to hear shouting outside. Laying his ears flat to his head to try to silence the distraction, the Mink found that it wouldn't be so easy when the front door was thrown open by a man shouting about a didamen or somesuch. Shannon gave the man an angry glare for interrupting his procedure when the man pointed a finger at him and yelled out once more.

"I found one of them!"

Eyes going wide in alarm and confusion now, understanding that something else must have been going on, Shannon panicked as the man surged forward. As the man's hand grabbed roughly at his shoulder the Mink pulled back in fear, seconds later finding himself free of the grasp as the offender jerked unnaturally and fell back shaking slightly as if he'd been electrocuted. To those who'd only just arrived to answer the now downed man's call, they only their fellow townsman writhing on the ground and their butcher with a gaping, and slightly bleeding, wound in his arm.

Watching as the nearest newcomer pulled a small knife from his belt, Shannon snatched up his satchel and immediately ran toward the back of the shop, pushing a window open and jumping out only to find himself confronted by another two townspeople. When they too called out to others and Shannon realised that he had people coming down both sides of the road. There was only one thing left he could think of.

Tightening his satchel Shannon ran a handful of steps towards a tall wooden lamppost and quickly used his claws to scale the beam. Upon reaching the top he realised his error quickly as the people congregated below, a mass of people yelling in such a way that he couldn't pick out any of the words individually. Flattening his ears once more, the young boy did his best to curl up at the top of the lamppost and shut the world out, hoping it would all just go away.

/monthly_2016_11/5831c3b85237b_CygnusBanner.thumb.jpg.07e059b45358b8e7de5b35020c855e3a.jpg

“Home, Home,” Cygnus mumbled as he rocked in his chair, the drapes covered everything except his face. “Home.” His eyes were blankly staring at the door as it opened and three men stepped inside and started shouting for Chase. The imminent thread should have been enough to get him into action. However, Cygnus did not really register any of those things. He felt like he was put in the back seat of his own mind.

Blurry visions of pitchforks and torches crossed his mind.“Get out of here!” A face, so familiar, yet fading in his memory.“You don’t belong here … or anywhere else for that matter.” An embrace, first gentle, than hard as if the other clung on for it's life. “Home,” he murmured again.Some piles of stones. A flash. Nothing. It felt like floating around in a void. Then the floating feeling became more real. A boat, alone in the middle of the ocean. His vision seemed to be zooming in on a young man with grey hair.

His throat ached. He tried to swallow some saliva down to ease the pain, but there was none. The sun burned on his head. He lifted an arm up to give him some shade, only to discover that there was no arm. Instead a piercing white wing went up. He tried to move his arm again. The wing followed the exact same movements. He moved his other arm. At least that one was normal. He hold the good arm up to compare with the other thing. How peculiar. He became aware of his other surroundings. Apparently he found himself in some kind of boat. Cygnus got up. The small rowboat rocked gently on the waves. Water was all around him. He scanned the whole horizon for signs of life, but there were none.

He stayed in that position for what felt like hours until he saw a small point on the horizon, a ship. He tried to make a sound, but only a small wheezing sound escaped. He waved with his arm and wing. The muscles were soar all over and pain went through his whole body. He did not stop and waved like his life depended on, which it did. However, the ship was too far away to see him and disappeared behind the horizon again. Cygnus sunk down again and started crying without tears.

Part of his consciousness did sense the men and their shouting in the real world and recognized it as a threat to their host. Was it the sheer need to survive? Was it a natural reaction caused by his fear? Or was it some kind of spirit that possessed the body of the storyteller? Whatever was the case, it could speak. With a crackling voice it said: “Home … Mister Andis is not home at the moment … Working on a very important project … not to be disturbed … please leave.” The face was slack and showed no emotions as the Thing was going over all the solutions towards getting the storyteller to safety again.

@AllHailDago @Stormborn Targaryen

Ken Tanaka

As Ken ran through the forest, his eyes weren't on his path most of the time, rather they were in his journal.  Only every now and then would he look up to check his surroundings before gazing back into the book.  "It should be around here."  He mumbled under his breath as he started to slow his pace so he didn't end up running right by the temple.  "All the clues lead me to here, and the information I have......."  Looking around he let out a sigh as he scratched the back of his head with the handle of his switchblade.  "Everything is so green... You'll know the temple when you see it, well I haven't seen it yet."  Slowing his pace even more he cam to a stop as he looked down at his book for a moment longer.  "I can't just use up my time wandering around...'   Moving his eyes up he figured he might as well get a better view, maybe if he got to higher ground he could find what he was looking for.

With that he picked a suitable tree for his needs and silently yet swiftly climbed it.  He didn't go to the highest branch rather he stopped on the middle branch.  Not because he wanted to stop there, rather something, someone caught his attention which halted him in his tracks.  Not too far from him, only a few trees to the front was a familiar face.   A light smirk danced on his lips, and truthfully it took all he had not to go and confront Arlen.  'Focus, focus, and again focus, as entertaining as having a conversation with him would be, I have my priorities.'  He thought as his eyes moved over to the ground where he saw two woman.   At first he wasn't going to pay them any heed, after all he got over his longing to mess with Arlen. 

However that changed when he heard one woman speak "“It’s unsafe for you because it is unsafe for me as well. It is unsafe for anyone who knows of such times.”

ef02f3c356bf110c95b61128d0bbf06e.jpgThese words surprised Ken, however they got his full attention as he now listened in on the conversation, remaining utterly silent as he narrowed his eyes at the speaking woman.  Soon enough she departed, leaving a scroll in the remaining woman's hand.  'Who was she? Such times, protect an valuable item for future generations?'  Eyes widening by a fraction he gritted his teeth a bit.  'If she took what I am after....'  Rather than dart after the woman he had something else to focus on.  She had left something to the woman that remained, something that could be important or useful to him.  Something he deemed he should get his hands on before he headed to the temple to see if the item he needed was there or not.

Sighing and scratching his head once more with the back of his blade as he closed his journal he couldn't help but speak.  "One job, I would like one easy job, is that too much to ask for in these times?" He said aloud so anyone within reason could hear him.  With that he hopped off the branch and landed on the ground before making his way over to Neressia.  On hand in his pocket while the other loosely held his switchblade in his hands.   Of course he was aware he was outnumbered, with 2 again 1, but he didn't let himself get concerned with something like that just yet.  As he walked he looked up at the sky for a moment and an exasperated sigh left him.  "Its getting late."  After saying this his hand suddenly shot to the side letting his switchblade soar through the air before pinning against a nearby tree.  "A miss."  He grumbled as a small fly flew off.

He didn't dwell on the miss as he pulled out another switchblade as he continued to stroll forward, soon enough however, he came to a halt, about a yard from Nerissa.  "Being the kind bastard I am, I'll use as little sarcasm as possible since I wasted enough time.  I need to see that scroll in your hands missy.  So why don't you simply hand it over to me hm?  I promise I will probably, maybe give it back to you after I take a peek~"   He stated as he held out his free hand expecting the scroll to be placed in it.

@QuirkyAngel

Cletus T. Bass and Captain Scarlet Johanna Indigrid

Scarlet’s head turned fast when she heard someone running through the streets screaming something about a crown having been stolen. She could hear it even from inside the shop and even with the doors closed. Her first thought was to wonder whether or not she could scream louder, but she wasn’t actually going to voice such a thought out loud. That would be silly. Instead, she turned and watched as one of the women from up front of the shop scurried out and took in the look of panic on the other’s face as she remained behind the counter.

“Hmm,” Scarlet mumbled briefly. “I wonder what that’s about.”

“Sounds like it’s begun,” Cletus replied. He had also noticed how the woman ran out of her shop and the shouting about a stolen crown wasn’t good news. It sounded like the witch hunt for their pirate crew was just about to start, if it wasn’t already. “We need to leave, now!” Cletus barked urgently at his Captain.

“This is the worst time for the crew to be separated…” he grumbled. His first thought was to draw one of his weapons, but he had to remind himself they were dealing with civilians. He may be a pirate now,  but that didn’t mean he had to be a monstrous one. Using a flashbang would have to suffice until the islanders started using force..

“Start running. I’ll be right behind you and provide a little distraction,” Cletus told Scarlet, taking charge of the situation.

Scarlet froze, her eyes focused on her shipwright because some of the things she knew weren’t adding up. “We didn’t steal anything, though,” she objected with a slight frown, “and we still have to find the rest of the crew. That’s why we’re here, isn’t it? You said we should check the shops.” So far, nothing that Scarlet had seen had been exceptionally violent and she also wasn’t sure she believed the villagers could actually become dangerous.

“The first priority,” she declared with absolute certainty, “is finding our crew.”

“I know that,” Cletus sighed. “But that doesn’t matter to the locals. We’re newcomers to the island, so they’d naturally be suspicious of us. And on top of that, it would be even easier for them to blame us if they knew that we’re pirates.”

Cletus glanced at the door and was expecting some islanders to burst through at any moment; for now it was quiet, making now the best time to say what he needed to say. “There’s two ways we can play this,” he informed his captain. “One, we fight our way through town and find the others. Or two, we let ourselves get captured and hope that they’ve found the rest of the crew for us. The only problem is the villagers will take our…,” he paused, realizing that Scarlet wasn’t carrying anything to defend herself with. “...my weapons and the rest of crew’s, makin’ escaping a little bit harder.”

A sigh escaped the captain because she didn’t truly like either of the options being presented to her. Violence against people who she didn’t think would actually try to kill them didn’t seem fair at all and she immediately ruled it out in her mind. The thought of surrendering, though, didn’t sit well in the pit of her stomach and she knew it wasn’t something Spades would have liked either. It was odd that at a time like this, he was the first one to run through her head. Or maybe it wasn’t odd at all. Maybe what was odd was that she didn’t consider what he would do more often.

“We’re not going to fight them unless they start attacking with the same violence we would return,” she stated with a decisive tone. “I’m not fond of giving up, either, though,” she added in. It put her in a hard place and her mind was running in circles. No solution that she could think of helped them get any closer to finding their crew and it was a problem.

“We could hide,” she finally suggested. “If we get out now, the town is surrounded by trees. That should buy us a little time. And we sent Wasabi to the other end. Maybe he found something about whoever else is here.” Because there was no doubt in Scarlet’s mind that the thief was among whoever else was hiding on the island. It felt like a coward’s move, but it was the only viable thought in her mind at the moment.

“I’m a shipwright by trade and a gunman by hobby. I may be old and grouchy, but I’m not the kind of guy that shoots first at a civilian,” Cletus replied, more for the benefit of any eavesdroppers. “Looks like we’re takin’ option three, Captain.”

“Alright. We should probably get out of here fast, then,” Scarlet interjected right away and then she started to head back out of the store and headed in the direction opposite of the people who had run to join the screaming voice.

Any direction that they headed in would lead to the forest and she quickly scurried off, weaving through buildings so that they could stay hidden and hoping that Cletus was right behind her.

He was.

Collab with: @shadowdude505

Arlen Hakhassi

[SIZE=12.5pt] [/SIZE]Sitting on the branch of a tree, Arlen  didn[SIZE=12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]t bother to fight the feeling of being watched. He[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]d been feeling it since having arrived at the Hallows...and pretended to not notice. Playing ignorant was better than growing indignant at the cautious behavior directed to their crew. Still the feeling of unease—that was oddly familiar—accompanied by the ever so slight rustle of leaves, caused verdant eyes to dart around warily while half listening to the unnamed traveler[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]s response.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12.5pt]Her answer to his direct and simple question was as vague as they come. She also hadn[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]t named herself. If those weren[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]t hints that she was hiding something, Arlen didn[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]t know what was. It reminded him of a certain person he[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]d met in Mirestone who clearly had many hidden agendas. Though he[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]d been much better at hiding his intentions. As Arlen thought this, his gaze landed on the black jacket figure of the person he[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]d least expected to see in the Hallows. Blinking, the silvered haired young man rubbed his eyes to make sure he wasn[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]t seeing things. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12.5pt]“Blessed Waters, did I summon him with my mind?[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]”[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]Arlen muttered under his breath. He couldn[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]t decide if he was irritated or amused at the coincidence. Still, there was one thing for certain. The sight of the person who delivered him his first loss since leaving Mirage Island made his blood boil...in a good way. Arlen was eager for a second round. However, Ken[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]s attention seemed to be focused on the conversation below them, leading Arlen to return his gaze to the two girls and[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]…[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]his insides to freeze. He was now fairly certain he knew the danger silvery-ish hair was referring to. [/SIZE]

Nerissa Orta

[SIZE=12.5pt] “[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]So would I,[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]”[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt] Nerissa replied to Elisa[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]s final comment as her newly made friend disappeared into some underbrush. She[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]d mostly listened while the forest traveler talked, not feeling the need to intervene. She had a feeling that her questions wouldn[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]t be answered anyway. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12.5pt]At least not yet.  [/SIZE] 

[SIZE=12.5pt]Nerissa peered down at the scroll given and unrolled it curiously. The symbol at the corner was a strange one...and she didn[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]t recognize it. An Organization? A cult? A pirate crew?  [/SIZE]One thing was for sure. The symbol held a clue as to who the kind forest traveler was. Perhaps Jasper would know. Nodding to herself, Nerissa began to rolled up the parchment. She judged the traveler to be a good person. Yet, despite kindness in warning them, there was something said that bothered the priestess.

[SIZE=12.5pt]“Can one protect a treasure that does not belong to them[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]…[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]?[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]”[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]Nerissa murmured to herself..[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12.5pt]The traveler had called what she claimed to protect 'the island[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]s most valued treasure'. Yet she—like the Red Ribbons—was a visitor to the Hallows. It was an interesting thing to think about. If such a item were truly in danger, then it was a heroic deed to guard it. Yet if the item belonged to another, its owner would feel more comfortable with it being guarded closer to home...especially if it is truly a valued item of the island. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12.5pt]Would the Islanders truly let such a valued treasure be protected by an outsider? What could such an item be? The only thing they seem to value with great intensity is Pyrus...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12.5pt]Lost in thought, Nerissa hardly noticed the thunk! that sounded off when Ken[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]s switchblade slammed into a nearby tree. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12.5pt]It was only when the man spoke did a startled Nerissa glance in the direction of the unfamiliar voice.  [/SIZE] 

[SIZE=12.5pt]“Ry-Ken,[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]”[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt] Nerissa greeted, correcting herself at the last moment. It couldn[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]t be helped. She[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]d first seen him at the pirates meeting in Mirestone where he[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]d seemed like a relatively reasonable pirate amidst the confusion...unlike Roy Volantis.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12.5pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12.5pt]But it had all been a trap.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12.5pt]Ryuu wasn[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]t who he said he was. He was a marine...a dog of the world government. He[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]d attacked Arlen (and Kaito) with little monsters and he[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]d threatened Captain Scarlet. Ken, the name he[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]d given to Arlen, was probably the real one. Nerissa was about to ask what he was doing here, but his following words made his intentions clear. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12.5pt] [/SIZE]Aqua eyes flickered to the outstretched hand to the switchblade in the other. She knew a threat when she saw one. Nerissa opened her mouth to respond.

[SIZE=12.5pt]However before she could, the flash of a blade cut between them from above—aimed where Ken[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]s hand open hand was... or at least would[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]ve been. Nerissa didn[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]t actually look to see if the sword cut through flesh or not.  [/SIZE]She[SIZE=12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]d been busy backing away, her gaze was turned towards the young Leviathan who held the length of a scimitar between her and the marine spy like a sharp, horizontal line dividing them. In his other hand was a switch blade pointed at Ken. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12.5pt]“If you want an easy job, why don[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]t you try being a dogwalker instead? Or a librarian? Aquarius knows you[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]ve got the mugger thing down.[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]”[/SIZE]

Arlen Hakhassi

[SIZE=12.5pt]Arlen decided that jumping such  [/SIZE]a  high position was an entirely uncomfortable experience—even with his knees bent to cushion the landing. There was no helping it though. The sight of Ken being so close to Nerissa with a knife in hand was even more disturbing. Straightening, Arlen kept his eyes locked on the marine and his grip on his weapons firm.   

[SIZE=12.5pt]“Now step away from Lady Nerissa,[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]”[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt] Arlen continued, not wanting to give Ken a chance for one of his sarcastic remarks. [/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]“I don[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]t know why you need that piece of paper, but decent folks don't ask for favors with a weapon in hand. [/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]If you want a fight I[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]ll be more than happy to oblige. I[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]ve been itching to pay you back for last time." [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12.5pt]“Arlen,[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]”[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]Nerissa said softly. [/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]“Let me talk to him.[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12.5pt]“He[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]s dangerous, Nerissa. Now[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]s not the time—,[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12.5pt]"Precisely," Nerissa shook her head.[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]Now’[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]s not the time for fighting. According to the forest traveller, this island will soon become unsafe for believers of our faith. Our friends are in danger. I need to consult with Aquarius.[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12.5pt]Arlen glanced between Nerissa and Ken, his expression making his thoughts clear.[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]“You[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]ll give him the scroll?[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12.5pt]“No,[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12.5pt]Arlen wanted to palm his face. He[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]d known that would be her answer—which was why he[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]d been ready to fight. Not that he thought that just handing the item to Ken was a good idea either. Personal dislike aside, Ken didn't give off the appearance of the most trustworthy fellow around. [/SIZE]

Nerissa Orta

[SIZE=12.5pt]As if reading Arlen[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]s thoughts, Nerissa nodded before directing her attention to Ken and explaining herself. [/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]“Letting you peek at this scroll would be betraying the whereabouts of a person who[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]s helped me to the World Government.[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]”[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]Nerissa lifted the parchment, holding it like she was going to rip it. [/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]“And, to be honest, I would rather never see her again than knowingly do something that might bring more danger upon her. It would go against Aquarius[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]s teachings—something I fear that more than the threat of any mortal man.[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]”[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt] From her corner of her eyes, she could see Arlen tense. Nerissa titled her head, the red stone dangling  [/SIZE]a bit. [SIZE=12.5pt]“But you[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]re not like other marines, are you? If you were, you wouldn[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]t have returned Arlen to the Charybdis. So, I also owe you...in a sense. And Aquarius[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]s daughter must not fall to bias...[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12.5pt]At this point, she was reiterating what was taught to her by her predecessors, not really talking to Ken, but to herself. [/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]“She must be fair in all her judgments and listen to Aquarius with a calm heart—lest she bring disaster her to the people.[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12.5pt]Nerissa sighed, glancing in the direction the woman disappeared . The sound of the ocean could be heard in the distance. [/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]“But there[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]s too much I don[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]t know about the situation. I don[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]t know why the people of the Hallows are guarding her boat. I don[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]t know what treasure she[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]s protecting or why she seems to be in such a hurry to get off this island. I don[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]t know what you intend to do with the scroll if I give it to you. So,[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]”[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]The Priestess of Water  [/SIZE]redirected her serene, unflinching gaze to Ken. [SIZE=12.5pt]“Until I get my answers, I don[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]t intend to give you the scroll.[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12.5pt]“There[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]s your answer—,[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12.5pt]“But I[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]ll be willing to show you its contents if you help me and my friends against whatever danger is approaching.[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12.5pt]“…”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12.5pt]“Otherwise, Arlen and I will continue our search for Pyrus[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]s Temple and you can continue doing...whatever you were doing before. If  you attack us, I[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]ll make sure neither of us can keep the scroll.[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12.5pt]@Peaceswore[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12.5pt]@DaughterofAthena[/SIZE]

Chase Andis and The Watchers

As someone approached them and spoke to them without any humanness to the way they spoke at all, the two men in the shop glanced at each other, expressions a mixture of concern and confusion. “Is this one of the visitors to the island that we’re supposed to be looking for?” One whispered to the other.

“I’m really not sure,” the other replied. He looked at the ghost of a man in front of them, not recognizing anything about him either from the town or from either one of the ships that landed near the island. Then he turned and spoke directly to Cygnus. “Chase is always in the shop working. He works so much he’s gonna drive himself into the dirt,” he stated, unwilling to accept that Chase was not home. At least, he spent a lot of time working based on what they’d observed of him in town so far.

As Chase was working on fixing Cygnus’ cloak, much to his annoyance since he had already accepted a job from the barkeep, he overheard some commotion outside. He silently cursed the townsfolk and their obsession with certain things, he could never quite understand it. Then, he heard two people talking, what sounded like inside his shop. The noise made him drop his needle. Damn it. Not again. He could never find the little things after he dropped them. They continued talking, and a third voice joined the other two, a voice that he recognized as Cygnus’. He rolled his eyes, and loosed a sigh. He stood up from his chair, and grabbed his key from one of his tables.

He opened the door, and saw two others alongside Cygnus in his entrance area. “How many times do I have to tell you guys not to bother me when I’m working? I’ve got my sign up and everything! Now, you’ve got my attention.” Before Chase continued on, he remembered who Cygnus was. He often got so lost in his work that he would forget important details from time to time. Instantly, he turned his attention to Cygnus, who still seemed slightly out of it. Maybe I can still scrape by here. “Don’t mind him. He’s someone that I found walking alone on the street, and he seemed a little lost. I brought him inside my home until I could find who he was with. I know him well enough, as he is one of my clients. The job I was working on is actually for him. He needs a cloak of his fixed. He’s a little out of it right now, so if you don’t mind, I’d like to take this conversation outside.” Chase calmly stated.

The two men in the shop turned to glance at each other, their eyebrows raising in near obvious suspicion, but they knew Chase and he had been around for long enough that he had earned some small amount of opportunity to explain. After all, the wave of arrests wasn’t supposed to involve people who had been there for as long as Chase had.

One of them glanced towards Chase and said, Just outside… we aren’t going far, though.”

“I wasn’t suggesting we go very far. There’s no need to.” Chase responded.

With one thing agreed upon, the three of them made their way just outside the door leaving the disheveled Cygnus inside for the moment. Only after the door had closed did one of the watchers start his inquiry. “You are aware that now of all times is a bad time to be picking strangers up off the streets, right Chase?” His voice was unusually sharp as he said it. “Just this afternoon, our beloved Seer was assaulted by a man in a cloak… a man with a wing… a man attempting to deny our God’s glory.” Now, that wasn’t actually what had happened, but stories distort as they spread; that’s just how the world works.

Chase merely shrugged. “I wasn’t aware of this fact. I’ve been inside my shop for most of the past few days. I happened to be taking a short break when I saw him looking alone and scared. I couldn’t just turn a blind eye to a man like that, even though my work has been very pressing. That’s also one of the reasons I snapped at you earlier, I’ve actually got two jobs that need doing. One for him, and one for the barkeep. If it’ll ease your minds, I’ll inquire about it once he is able to talk. As you could see by his statement of me being out of the shop, he’s not quite all there at the moment. Something must’ve really frightened him to put him in such a sorry state, perhaps he saw this blasphemer? I’d say a winged man would freak someone out pretty easily. Is that what all the commotion out here is about?”

“Pyrus’s Temple has been robbed. That place has been sacred for generations and someone dared steal our most sacred treasure. That is what all the commotion is about.”

“Dale’s ordered a round-up of all those who are guests to the island,” the other added. He blinked and then adjusted his words a bit. “Well, all recent guests. The seer’s sure one of the is the thief and your friend in there… well, he doesn’t look like anyone I’ve ever seen here before.”

“Ahh. So the seer’s prediction was true then? That’s very interesting. The people of The Hallows must be very fortunate to have someone like her to warn you of danger. I only wish I had someone like that around when I was back home. As for my client, note that he is no friend of mine. I was only helping someone who looked like he needed it. I will investigate him myself after I complete my jobs, and if I find him guilty, I will turn him in myself.”

“I’d much prefer if you just brought him to Dale now, honestly,” one of the two interjected. “Dale’s the leader after all. And Jada will have ways to know who did it, no doubt.”

“I can go with him to meet Dale after I finish my jobs if you’d like. However, I like doing my work and I’m sure the people appreciate what I do for them. I was actually getting pretty close to finished with the first job when you two rudely barged in. Actually, I intended on returning to the tavern to ask the barkeep about some specifications for his job after I had finished this man’s cloak. I will take him to see Dale then.”

“You’re going to finish the cloak for the potential criminal!?” one of the two inquired in a heavily accusing tone.

The other, however, reached in front of his companion and turned to face him. “Ryan, we have other people to catch right now. This is Chase. He’s been here two months and he’s already served half the town. He’s good for it.” The one defending Chase was actually a frequent customer of the tailor himself.

The one named Ryan sighed to himself and then glared at Chase, but he did not add anymore. He would be personally making sure that Dale received the potential criminal from Chase, though. That was a definite in his mind already.

Chase could see that the one called Ryan wasn’t exactly buying his story completely. He wasn’t sure what to think of that. All he could tell is that he was now playing a dangerous game, him and Ryan both. Everyone could be playing a dangerous game. The people of the Hallows have been kind to him thus far, but they did not know what he was capable of. Chase had settled here sincerely hoping that he could have some peace for a while earning money for a ship to carry out his goals, but if that was not to be the case, so be it. He could play this game if he had to. He turned to his two visitors. “I thank you for your understanding. I enjoy giving my assistance to people that need it, and I don’t discriminate. I assure you, if this man has done any wrong, he will receive justice. For now, we should all turn our attention to the thievery of Pyrus’s Temple. I will make inquiries myself at the tavern tonight. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’d like to get back to work.” With that, Chase re-entered his shop, and closed the door behind him. He went back into his workshop without another word, flashing an accusing glare at Cygnus as he went inside.

And so, for now at least, the two who’d walked into the shop seeking Chase’s assistance were now walking out to search for more unwanted guests on the island.

Collab with: @Stormborn Targaryen 

Tags: @Felix and @AllHailDago (nearby)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back