• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern "We're the Foster kids"

Emily laughed at his muscle shirt and said "Samantha? If you've known her that long it shouldn't be a problem" she said shrugging, Samantha seemed nice and sweet, especially excited. She walked to the door and opened it, to be greeted by the wonderful scent of Italian food, she walked into the kitchen to find her foster mom happily cooking. "Hiya Samantha"

@AnarchyReins @Talieann

Samantha dumped the pot of spaghetti into the strainer and put the last touches on the table settings. She pushed open the kitchen window that overlooked the yard. "Emily!" she called, loving the feel of the name on her lips. "It's almost time for dinner. Are you staying, Jay?" she asked. It wouldn't be the first time the neighbor boy had stayed for supper with her and Eric. She hoped he got along well with all the kids, though he sure seemed to be getting on well with Emily. What a pretty girl that one was. They were all beautiful, though, every one of them. She leaned back toward the doorway to the living room. "Eric, dinner!"

Eric just chuckled at his small wife's booming voice. "I'll round up the crew," he called back, closing the journal he had been reading and heading up the stairs to find the kids.

Samantha turned to Emily and Jay and smiled. "Hiya, Emily," she chuckled, pulling various salad dressings out of the fridge. "You need some water, Jay?"

Last edited by a moderator:
(Josh isn't a kid guys, he's just Joel's older brother, he's 25)

Josh had finally been able to pry Joel off him and leave the building. He did worry about him greatly, he did seem very scared.

Joel had proceeded to run and hide once Josh left. He was shaking. He hadn't even met anybody from the home yet. He was hidden behind a couch, curled up in a ball. He hugged his knees tightly, tears in his eyes. He wanted Josh back. He didn't want to be here all by himself.

@Anyone

"Simon" He said as he stuffed his hands in his pockets, pushing his bangs over his eyes absently. He simply shrugged at her question. If talking wasn't necessary, he wouldn't. He just watched her as she looked around without another word.

@FireMaiden

@FireMaiden[/URL]
[/CENTER]
"You ain't very talkative. That's fine," Calie said, turning to look at him. She then noticed his eyes. "Oooooooo, pretty." She stopped for a second, be going to leave. ""Alright, well I'll leave you to whatever you were doing. Need anything, I'm nextdoor. No joking, my bedroom is like right there." And with that she left, off to find so eine else to talk to.

Simon sighed and nodded simply before laying down and staring at the ceiling. His eyes floated over to the small speaker he took out and connected his phone to it before playing music and smiling a little as he hummed.

@ Anyone~

(Oh, sorry, @JoelHPIS, I misunderstood!)

Eric noticed Joel only once he rounded the edge of the couch and was about to head up the stairwell. "Joel?" Samantha had memorized the kids' names a lot faster than he had, but they had had all their pictures and files for awhile now, and after a little practice he was better able to match names and pictures to actual faces. He remembered Joel mostly for the long hair, but today was only the first day. He crouched about a foot away, giving the teen a little space. "I didn't know you were hanging out right here. What's going on?" he asked, resting his arms on his knees.

Joel nervously looked up when he heard someone say his name. He covered the marks on his face with his hair and hugged his knees tighter, shaking badly. He didn't know what to say, he didn't want to talk. He hoped the man couldn't see the tears shining in his eyes. He nodded slightly, unsure what to do.

@Talieann

Okay then. Eric shifted and sat down on the ground near Joel. "Just adjusting, huh!? It's a pretty big day. Lots of organized chaos. At least, Sam wants me to think it's organized; I just decided to let her have her way," he chuckled.

Joel curled up more and subconsciously moved away, hugging his knees and arms. He hid his face more and nodded slightly.

Ever since what had happened, he had been a mess. He refused to talk to people, even his brother at times. He was shaky and cried a lot. He had completely changed. He was hard to deal with, a person had to be dedicated to helping him if he was to get better.

@Talieann

Yeah Misses S. I will be staying for dinner if you don't mind." Jay said looking at Emily before blushing, and looking back at Misses S. "Oh I mowed the lawn too. I hope I can still use the pool, since I wont always have to mow the lawn." Jay said trying to hide his blush, but every time he looked at Emily he blushed a little more.

@FluffyMarshmallow @Talieann

Eric had officially and permanently opened his home to Joel and plenty of kids like him. It was safe to say he considered himself pretty dedicated. He lifted his hands briefly as if in surrender, trying to let Joel know he wasn't going to touch him until Joel said it was okay. "I'm sorry your brother couldn't stay. He's free to visit whenever." He paused for a moment. "Have you picked a room yet, Joel?"

The blushes did not go unnoticed by Samantha. Not even a whole evening, and look at what's going on here, she thought in amusement. "Of course, Jay, you know you're always welcome. Why don't the both of you wash your hands."

@JoelHPIS @AnarchyReins

Joel's face fell at the mention of his brother. Josh was the only one who he fully trusted. He trusted nobody else. He looked at the other male quietly at the mention of picking a room and shook his head silently. He wiped at his tears with his hoodie sleeve and tried to put on a brave face. He couldn't cry like this.

@Talieann

Angel "AJ" Hansen

(sorry for disappearing, I'm alive I promise!)

proxy.php

"Angel sweetheart don't tell me you already scared off one of those new foster kids," her mother teased as they worked together on making a delicious-looking cake. Her mother had some long, fancy name for it, but AJ just called it their "World Famous S'mores Cake".

"And how would you propose I did that?" she teased back with a smile. popping a large white marshmallow into her mouth. She and her mother laughed as they put the cake into the oven and waited for it to be done. When it was, AJ's mother pulled it out excitedly.

"You're sure this'll make a good impression?" AJ asked her mother teasingly,"I mean, what if they don't like it?"

"Now how could anyone not like the s'mores cake made by my Angel hm?" her mother replied, putting a plastic lid over the glass cake pan and handing it to her daughter," now you run this over. I'm sure Samantha would love to be spared the cooking, or at least Eric would be spared Samantha's baking. I love the girl, but her baking skills do not compare to her cooking skills."

AJ laughed as she walked out the door balancing the cake in her arms gently. She managed to open the door and make it out onto the sidewalk, walking the few feet to Samantha and Eric's home. She had always loved visiting them, even before they'd adopted their new fosters. They were always such kind people. She rang the doorbell and bounced on the balls of her feet with an anxious smile.

@Talieann @ anyone

(Haha, hi, Smoaki. I'm glad we don't have to worry about your health. :P )

"Do you want to do that now real quick, before supper? We've got a few good ones left, and you can decorate any way you want later," Eric promised Joel. He looked up at the sound of the doorbell.

Samantha bounded out of the kitchen, waving to Joel and her husband as she passed. "Hi, guys." She disappeared into the hallway and pulled the door open. "AJ! What a busy day. What's up, girl?" she asked, grinning.

Angel "AJ" Hansen

(your welcome for relieving that obvious and pestering fear x3)

proxy.php

"Hey Samantha," she responded with a smile," I brought over a s'mores cake as a welcoming gift for everyone."

She lifted the cake pan with its bright blue lid to just underneath her chin with a smile.

"Is it alright if I come in?"

@Talieann

( :) )

"Ooh, I love s'mores cakes," Samantha said, awed. "Absolutely! Dinner's pretty much ready, why don't you stay? One more plate can't hurt." She shrugged and stepped back to allow AJ entrance. "And I'll take that for you."

Jay waved over to Aj. He has know her since they were little kids. "So Misses S do you need help with anything??" Jay asked as he washed his hands like she told him to. "I only ask because I want this night to be easy and special for you." Jay said with a smile.

(Sorry, guys. I had a small crisis that involved chocolate ice cream and a white coverlet. D: )

Samantha laughed. "I've got it, I think, Jay, but thank you." She set the cake on the counter for later and pulled out smaller dessert plates and clean forks too. Thank heavens her mother had had the bright idea to buy more silverware before all the kids showed up.

Joel looked up at Eric and nodded a little before hearing the doorbell. He jumped and coughed a little, peeking out to see the girl from before. He began to panic. There was too many people at once, he couldn't handle it. He was shaking badly and his breathing became bad.

@Talieann

Uh-oh. "Joel, are you okay? Do you want to go upstairs?" Eric offered. Upstairs was calmer, less crowded, and it would remove Joel from what was obviously a stressful situation for him.

@JoelHPIS

Joel quickly nodded in agreement to going upstairs. He pulled himself up shakily, almost falling back again. He was worried about his breathing, it was strained. He coughed a little and looked up at Eric, silently asking for help. He couldn't handle this at all.

@Talieann

Last edited by a moderator:
Angel "AJ" Hansen

proxy.php

Angel heard some noise from the other room and glanced over, seeing the kid Joel from earlier. She waved slightly, trying in the best way she could to relief his obvious uncomfortable-ness in the situation. When she saw it didn't help much she bit her lip and turned back to the girl she was sitting next to, emily.

@FluffyMarshmallow @JoelHPIS

"Okay, you're okay. I'm gonna grab your arm here," Eric warned Joel, reaching out and wrapping a large hand carefully around the boy's bicep to help steady him. He took a few slow steps toward the stairs to make sure Joel would be able to keep up. By the time they got to the top, he was still worried, but glad at least to be somewhere a little calmer. Besides, after this, he could get Leo and Cali and the others downstairs for dinner. He might just let Joel stay in his room for awhile to recuperate, though it would step on Sam's wish for all of them to have their first supper together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back