welian's super awesome fun hangout thread

@Emiya Shin

lol, so basically once Fallout 4 is out, you and half the site will be AWOL. It's cool, it's cool. When you get back online I'd be more than happy to show you some of the new stuff on RPN 4.0. The biggest differences though, are the site style and the Discord app... both of which you seem to be just fine with. The rest is staff changes (lost a couple peeps because of school and other shit), and just the usual waves of users appearing and disappearing.

Also, someone needs to stop me. I keep reminiscing about all these super old roleplays I ran a long time ago that I'd like to tweak and give a second shot...Never mind that I don't have the time, lol. I'm turning into Elle.

welian said:
@Emiya Shin
lol, so basically once Fallout 4 is out, you and half the site will be AWOL. It's cool, it's cool. When you get back online I'd be more than happy to show you some of the new stuff on RPN 4.0. The biggest differences though, are the site style and the Discord app... both of which you seem to be just fine with. The rest is staff changes (lost a couple peeps because of school and other shit), and just the usual waves of users appearing and disappearing.

Also, someone needs to stop me. I keep reminiscing about all these super old roleplays I ran a long time ago that I'd like to tweak and give a second shot...Never mind that I don't have the time, lol. I'm turning into Elle.
Nah, not exactly AWOL. I will still be around, as I'll try to utilize my one week worth of sembreak the best as I can (hopefully I can learn biking >.>). RpN 4.0 eh... That's interesting :x Maybe the Colors style will be arriving soon? Though I know RpN Black isn't happening due to the technical difficulties caused after implementing it. I really like the fact that Discord app has a black theme. It looks really nice and it's quite easy on my eyes (good for wasting hours worth of time there XDD)

As for staff changes... yeah. I did notice some... changes here and there. (and that guy named TCP poking randomly :v)

You're on a RP-revival streak eh xD I think I might understand how you feel. You know, nostalgia feelings... like how your character actually decided to chase after that mystery plot twist which caused even more issues and etc. I'm quite the nostalgia person as well, as I tend to reread old RPs again and again, either for laughs, or for the feels. But yeah, you have time constraints... I remember during SpaMaSuMaRo... that up till the end, you were still unable to produce your character :v But even then, that RP has its own quirky moments xD

Speaking of RPs, what happened to that mecha RP that you and Atom (and Zahzi perhaps) decided to come up with?

We'll see about the colors and style changing feature. It bugged out for a lot of people and really dampened overall site loading times (especially on mobile), but if a new version comes out after the major XenForo update.... who knows? I prefer the light sites myself. Even though they're brighter, they're much easier for me to read. Plus, the whole reason I joined RPN was because it was a light forum!! I almost joined another one, but the dark layout really hurt my eyes because there was too much contrast between the text and the background.

@Atom and @Giyari got a lot done on that RP, but it had to sit dormant for a while because people got busy. I've actually had to back out of a lot of projects because my dad has been chronically (bordering on terminally) ill lately.

welian said:
@Atom and @Giyari got a lot done on that RP
Itry :) I enjoy the creation side of things anyway, even if I'm not getting to write as much as I would like, but hey ho, I'd rather Welian looked after her dad when he needs it than waste time writing on here, lol. Some things are just more important, ya'know?

Giyari said:
Itry :) I enjoy the creation side of things anyway, even if I'm not getting to write as much as I would like, but hey ho, I'd rather Welian looked after her dad when he needs it than waste time writing on here, lol. Some things are just more important, ya'know?
Exactly! And I'd rather wait to run this when everyone is able rather than rush into it and exclude Weli :C

So, mecha academy confirmed.

I also wish the best for Welian. Always have been, always will be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wouldn't call it an academy hehe, lot lot worse.

More like bootcamp.

Kenji, get in that god damn mech!

Kenji, for fuck sake, get out of that mech!

Kenji, get in ther-

Kenji, get out of-

Kenji, -

Ken-

And repeat.

Kenji Ikari and his father Dando.

getinthefuckingrobot.png

welian said:
We'll see about the colors and style changing feature. It bugged out for a lot of people and really dampened overall site loading times (especially on mobile), but if a new version comes out after the major XenForo update.... who knows? I prefer the light sites myself. Even though they're brighter, they're much easier for me to read. Plus, the whole reason I joined RPN was because it was a light forum!! I almost joined another one, but the dark layout really hurt my eyes because there was too much contrast between the text and the background.
@Atom and @Giyari got a lot done on that RP, but it had to sit dormant for a while because people got busy. I've actually had to back out of a lot of projects because my dad has been chronically (bordering on terminally) ill lately.
Oh, differing tastes >.> (then again I come from a dark-themed website) Oh demn, you have my sympathies on your father... *remembers that one last time in hospital*

@the mecha RP: I see. You guys actually did a lot of work of it but it was put on hold. Pretty nice :o

And hey. SpaMaSuMaRo is a legacy, a memorable one :v

And so it was spoken, by the man in shiny glasses, that it was yet not time to forsake the legacy of which the school of which royalty waltzed about spoke to the world.

I'll drop the pirates and add more secret societies and ancient prophecies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back