• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Welcome to Varerin | Main RP | Politics | Magic | Fantasy|

ymir-png.547822

Tag: ReverseTex ReverseTex JustNicole JustNicole
Mentions: Kailyn and The Events occurring.

After long years of repentance within the dark hostile valleys of the mountains, resting on the cold rocks within their hearts made of caves; it felt as if his destiny once more opened the door he had chosen to move forward from. Ever since he was just six years old, stating to his mother how much of a warrior and adventurer he would be, alike his grandfather. That he would wander the land beyond the south and gain renown of his own in both North and West. That Ymir 'The Giant' of Okren, grandson of Baldur 'The Thunder' and son of Brundhild 'Iron-hand', would be able to watch and describe lands that others could only hear in stories - becoming himself not only well-known, but also knowledgeable to all there was in all kingdoms.

Before him he had the seal to move pass the borders that could harm him only because of his skin - his race. He had the documents to watch more and know more than any of his dynasty and probably one day surpass his grandfather. He smiled deliriously for a moment, he smiled more than any men lead by greed would smile for gold. He saw his future opening up once more, regardless of what he had done in the past to survive.

He could not share his appreciation with the Minister of War. Alas, she had better things to do for the recent events that were developing around him, events that seem rather blurry. He secured the bag of gold with him and settled it aside within his own backpack. As the people retreated to watch the arrival of the Council and their speeches, Ymir knew to watch from afar for now.

As a merchant of no particular politic interest and gregarious adventurer without alignment, little did it matter to him as long as peace continued its course. Rather than mingle with the crowd, he knelt behind his boxes and secured the hammer with his right hand but somewhat felt heavier than before - perhaps it was just his imagination as he felt his arm incapable to move it naturally. He kept silence with his fingers barely grasping the great handle, few words were muttered, "Who are you to judge...-" - then he pulled the heavy weapon on his own, raising from the ground with its mighty weight serving as leverage.

He went off with a few coins to fetch for new inventory along with some supplies - he had a long journey ahead, and he could not do it without new boots resting on his feet. He lighted his pipe again, expecting a prosperous future of adventures... he had- no idea.

Artorias Salazar
Location: Capena (Tavern/Bar, Obviously) Mentions: RiverGamer RiverGamer
The day had been a blur for him. Well, the morning had. The day was still young for him but it was becoming a haze as he finished another flagon of ale. Artorias slammed the cup down as he thought about those Argon pricks who were out there right now in Capena. "Mead." He groaned at the barkeep, holding out his flagon while he slumped over the counter miserably. Having to guard the higher ups during their journey here took a lot out of him. They didn't let him drink nearly as much as he would have liked. After getting his mead Artorias sat up and looked around. The room was getting a little dizzy but he could make out some of his fellow militia men. He was looking for one in particular though. "...Where's Mira?" He mumbled out loud. She was the only one who would listen to him talk smack about Argon and his other drunken rants. Or at least that's how he saw it. He usually passed out before he could notice whether or not she stayed. She was fun to talk at though, and he had plenty to say right now. Especially with this gathering that was happening because the Argons were being babies.

Ahnisa of Sunspear
Location: Capena Crowd | Interacting with: S'oard Sararabbi | Mentions: SkyHawk MK III SkyHawk MK III
"It might rain," Ahnisa noted to herself bleakly as she walked along the troded path through the sweeping fields of grass. The overcast skies indicated as much. There was little Ahnisa disliked more than the blue liquid. It wasn't the feeling of water that bothered her, it was the effect that water had on her fur. Wet fur was awful: it made her feel colder, it made her body feel much heavier, and it simply took forever to remove the wetness, ensuring that she would be spending an entire evening trying to lick herself dry from head to toe. Yes, there was no better way to run a perfectly good day than wet fur.

Ordinarly, Ahnisa would seek shelter from the elements, but there was no time to spare. There was a summit starting soon in a town named Capena. A summit between Argon and Urgavaria had not happened in some time, as far as she was aware of. The last time both sides had met in such a manner was before even the current Emperor had been crowned, back to the time of his father. One might wonder how Ahnisa knew such a fact. Ahnisa was a historian, and a historian, she considered her responsibility to know such things.

How exciting this would be! For as well-traveled as Ahnisa was, she had never seen the Royal Family of Argon before. While she had seen two of the members of the previous Council of Elders, her path had not taken her to see the newly sworn Council yet either. She wondered if all of the stories she had heard about Prince Callum were true. Probably not. In her experience, kind, gentle souls were not a commodity in the Argon family.

It was as she was pondering this last thought that she heard the trotting of horses and wheels of a wagon coming down the path behind her. A merchant, perhaps? Admit it she might not, but Ahnisa was not the spry young blood of her youth, and she had been walking for many hours. It would be nice to be able to ride for a bit instead of walk.

The horses and carriage, not wagon as she had guessed, approached rather quickly. The coachman, a dapper-looking elf man, was pushing the horses on at a brisk pace. Spotting Ahnisa on the path, the coachman slowed the horses to a stop with the reigns. Gazing at her skeptically, the coachman inquired her business. "Where are you off to, cat?"

Wonderful. The coachman was one of those people. Giving the coachman a polite bow of greeting, Ahnisa responded. "I am a historian traveling to Capena for the summit. I wish to record -"

"I don't give a damn about your life story, fucking animal," the coachman rudely interrupted Ahnisa. Hmpf. People had no proper respect for their elders these days. Everyone was too much in a hurry to get where they were going. "I'm running late already, and I've got some VIPs at Capena in need of carriages. Now get outta my way!" he shouted as he waved his arms to the side of the path as if shooing an invisible cat,

It seemed like it was time for a bit of the old Ahnisa charm. Making her cat eyes go big, she sympathetically looked up at the coachman. "Please, good sir, you will allow me to ride in your carriage," Ahnisa said in her gentlest tone.

The coachman seemed to actually pause at the statement, lending weight to the idea. "I don't know..." he said tentatively. It was like the gears were spinning unconnected inside.

"You will let me ride in your carriage to Capena," Ahnisa stated with a stronger, firmer tone.

"I will let you ride in my carriage to Capena," the man said a few seconds later. Then, the gears shifted back into place. "Well, what the fuck you standing around there for? I ain't got all day lady. GET IN!"

Ahnisa needed no more encouragement. Smiling to herself, she walked over the empty carriage and stepped inside. A few moments later, the coachman urged the horses forward once more, muttering to himself about how them damn Kalids had no proper sense of urgency.

Some time later, Ashnia had made to Capena. She arrived to find the streets were largely abandoned, but in the distance she could hear a gathering of people. Oh no, had the summit started already? She had gotten to Capena late!

Hustling down the streets, Ashnia managed to enter the crowded area as the crowd broke out into yells of mixed emotion. Unfortunately, short was her stature and large was the crowd with many tall people in front of her. It was impossible from her vantage point to see what everyone else was looking at.

Well shoot. So much for getting to lay eyes on the movers and shakers of Argon and Urgravaria. For Ahnisa, though, the second best thing was hearing about it from another person's perspective. After all, that was what much of history was. Turning to the young Kalid next to her, Ahnisa asked hopefully, "Pardon me kind sir, could you describe the appearance of Prince Callum? Are the ends of his hair as crimson as they say?"

code by Ri.a

S'oard Sararabbi

The time spent at the workshop was as time of peace for S'oard while he worked on the broken weapons which were brought in and in exchange, coin was made for his efforts in repairing said weapons. Though recently enough, he had been hearing talks about a meetup between the Argon leaders and the Council from Ugravaria. This wasn't new talk, it had been circling for a while now about the matter, though the Kalid had simply forgotten or never paid much attention to the matter. Though hearing it was now due today, he was interested enough to go watch the arrival of the Council and maybe finally see the Emperor, which he wished death upon in the most serve manner possible, out in the open among the people.

Finishing up his work in the shop, he quelled down the fire in the forge until it finally went out and ensured that it wouldn't decide to light up again while he was out. Putting the small book away, back into it's place, S'oard grabbed his essential cloak, pulling the hood over his head and headed out into the streets, making his way to the direction of the city hall. As he got there, he saw that a large crowd had already formed and was thanking his bloody lucky stars that he wasn't 4 feet tall. Looking around the area, he saw that the entire Royal Family was out on the city hall steps, being flanked by either side by the two others. One who he recognised, the elf female, though the second one, felt familiar to him.

A voice had woken him from his thoughts and turned to face a female Kalid, which he was surprised by her. The Kalid he was talking to, looked on the older side but no matter, he was happy to talk to someone else from his race. Answering her question, he nodded, looking back at the trio on the stairs "Yes, the crimson ended prick does have crimson at the end of his hair" S'oard blatantly stated "Makes him stand out a mile in a sea of fucking grand-standing pointy eared fuckers." With the latter part of the insults being spoken through his teeth. "The entire family is there with two elves standing either side. I've seen them before at the market. The darker bugger looks like he's been out in the sun for too long" A small grin spread across the Kalid's face when he spoke those words.

Last edited:
Ahnisa of Sunspear
Location: Capena Crowd | Interacting with: S'oard Sararabbi | Mentions: SkyHawk MK III SkyHawk MK III

"Thank you for the description, friend. I am Ahnisa of Sunspear." Ahnisa had to admit, she was concerned about her young friend. She was pleased that he responded to her, and even more pleased that he described the scene to her beyond what she had asked. Yet, it was clear that much hate within him. Like a dark festering sickness, it would corrupt his heart if he did not take heed.

T'was not the first time she had heard such language. Then, she had been passive, believing that the hatred would diminish with age and experience. It had cost her more than her dear friend, much, much more. For hatred led to violence, and violence, the wicked thing, is but a slave to its master death. The burden of her failures weighed heavily on Ahnisa, and she had sworn from that day forth she would not be passive in the face of hatred.

"If you would permit to offer you a piece of matronly advice... Your hatred will reap only what it sows, and all that hatred sows is violence and death," Ahnisa said strongly as she urged the young Kalid. "Can you not see that returning their hatred back on them makes you their slave in mind? So concerned are you with race when race matters for not. If true freedom is what you seek, you must break free of this." Ahnisa hoped the young Kalid would hear the wisdom in her words. It was foolish to try and play reverse purity. By placing importance on purity or lack thereof, you only bound yourself to the same racial beliefs that treated you like a lesser being. If people were to be free, truly free, it was necessary for them to break free from such thoughts.

It was a vicious cycle. Those who considered themselves higher in purity put down those who were lower in purity, subjecting them to insults and violence. Those who were deemed as lesser in purity shrouded themselves in it so it could not be used against them, subjecting those who were so called higher in purity with violence and insults. In return, those supposed higher purity people did the same back to them, and so on and so forth. The cycle continued, and had continued, since the gathering of the tribes centuries ago created "purity" in an attempt to control mages. Look and behold, ancestors; look at what your foolish ambitions have done.

Coming out her train of thought back to reality, Ahnisa realized it had been rather presumptuous of her to offer that advice to the young Kalid. "Please forgive me for my earlier outburst. I have lived a long life, and I have seen many fall who once thought as you do now." Her voice paused for a moment as she recalled those days before continuing, "I will go now." She turned away from the crowd, intent on further into the the town. It was her belief that her actions had likely upset her friend, in which case, departing was the best course of action. Were that not his desire that she depart, her friend would, of course, make his desire known.

code by Ri.a

[class=fyuriwrapper] max-width:700px; min-height:500px; margin:auto; background:transparent; [/class] [class=imageheader] height:175px; overflow:hidden; background:url('https://i.pinimg.com/564x/0d/0c/8a/0d0c8ac675e941d943e4aa35230a5778.jpg?b=t') no-repeat center center; background-size: cover; display: flex; align-items: center; justify-content: center; [/class] [class=header] font-family:'Lilita One', Impact, Verdana; font-size:50px; color:#2F4F4F ; text-shadow: 1px 1px 0px #B0C4DE ; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 1px; -webkit-text-stroke-color: rgba(255,255,255, 0.3); [/class] [class=box1] display:inline-block; vertical-align:top; max-width:345px; min-width:300px; box-sizing: border-box; margin-right:5px; padding:5px; text-align:justify; font-size:13px; [/class] [class=box2] display:inline-block; vertical-align:top; max-width:345px; min-width:300px; box-sizing: border-box; margin-left:5px; padding:5px; text-align:justify; font-size:13px; [/class] [class=fyuricredit] max-width:700px; margin:auto; opacity:0.3; font-size:10px; [/class]
[div class=fyuriwrapper][div class=imageheader][div class=header]Summit Results[/div][/div][div class=box1]
  • No land was lost or gained by either side of the Summit. Argon and Ugravaria are the same
  • Taxation on imported goods were lightened upon Ugravaria
  • Less protection by milita members upon the borders, as well as Argonian soliders was enacted
  • The Council agreed to appear more in Essos for routinely meetings with the Consulate and of the Ministry officals for further progression
  • 4 days after the Summit, Prince Callum passed a law with virtually unanimous vote in the Consulate allowing for any pure individual to have possession of a low purity individual. (Ex: a elf can own a orc.) Dildrines are excluded from this law.

[/div][div class=fyuricredit]code/design by @Fyuri[/div][/div]

Tagging: RiverGamer RiverGamer SkyHawk MK III SkyHawk MK III @Elm @SparklyMittens ShadowBroker ShadowBroker
JustNicole JustNicole
Mentions: -
@OOC:

C h a p t e r 2 : T R A V E L S & T R I B U L A T I O N S

The Prince

Strolling the courtyard of the Palace, he took a deep breath of the frozen mountain air. Today was the initial day of his new law, one of monumental progression to a “pure” society. Pulling at his fur coat, the morning air biting at his neck with vengeance, he paused to admire the castle. From within its walls, the glass and stone surrounded the man entirely sheltering his view of the mountains. This box-like ensnarement displeased Callum, however, he could not erect a new castle…
An NRI member caught the corner of his icy gaze, her black coat sticking out like ink on a page in the snowy winter. “Your Highness; with the Director out of state, I am acting in his stead.” Removing her uniform cap, the blue skin of a Dildrine was revealed. “I’m disrupting your morning to ask a simple question concerning the new law… Do you wish for a select few of my undercover operatives to snag you a prize? Slavers will be in full force today, and with government authority, I can secure you the finest crop.”

Callum ran an ebony-toned hand through his silky locks, mulling over the proposition. “Why not? I’m growing bored of staring at human wenches! Find me something… Exotic.”

Essos

Shahla strolled the snow-covered streets of Essos, her daughter, Muhar, closely at her hip. The family was low on food, so it had been decided the excursion for bread was needed. “Mother? It’s quite cold outside…” Muhar purred from below, causing her amber orbs to glance at her child. “Yes dear I know, but don’t you wish to eat? In fact; Papa gave me an extra coin to spend on you today.” The girl’s face brightened immediately, her whiskers dancing with joy. “Can I buy a sweet!” Muhar squeaked, causing her mother to lightly pat her tail upon her cub’s back. “We shall see…”

Arriving at the bakery shortly after, the aroma of baked goods echoing throughout the street, the two stood amidst the crowd of passerby’s awaiting their order. Looking through the glass panes, Shahla studied the pattern of her fur. It’s black stripes covering grey fur always transfixed her, seeing as it always seemed to change in some sort of fashion… Muhar rushed from the store; carrying the loaf of bread almost swallowing her in size, as well as a small jam-filled pastry. “The baker was such a nice man! He said the loaf just came from the oven, as well as the sweet!” Shahla took the loaf from her daughter’s arms as she rambled on, smiling warmly as she listened. “I’m sure you used your manners Muhar?” Her tone sterned as she lowered her hand for her daughter to hold as they began the walk home. “Of course Mother, I’m no elf!” Squeezing her hand tighter, she harshened her tone. “You do not make comparisons like that! It is uncalled for! Do you understand?” Muhar nodded apologetically, taking a bite of her pastry as she did. “Good. Let-”

An orc male approached the two Kalid women abruptly, his poorly sewn coat and moppy hair a sore sight upon first glance. “I hh-ate to trouble you Miss-s but I lost my son! I cc-cann-ot find him!” Releasing her daughter’s hand to place it upon the poor man’s shoulder, her eyes began scanning the crowd.

“How old is he?”

“7.”

“Whereabouts did you lose him?”

“A block bb-ack.”

The crowd seemed to engulf the two as she felt a slight bump against her leg. Looking down, Muhar was gone. “Muhar!!” Shahla screeched, feeling her neck ensnared by the arms of a man. The crowd did not slow as this disturbance seemed to not take precedence of their current matters. “Mama!” Her cub mewed from afar before she saw her quickly hoisted upon a coated man’s shoulders. With every ounce of strength, she struggled, she clawed, she fought for her baby. It was hers. Not theirs. Biting the man who withheld her, he briefly let go, allowing her to wriggle from his grasps. But he recovered, snatching her tail as he yanked her back with force. “Mama!” Her daughter cried again, though this time it was hardly audible. Suddenly, a booted foot found its home upon her windpipe. Crushing her throat, her claws flayed helplessly at the brooding man’s leg, desperate to sink in. Coughing. Gasping. Fighting for one final breath in this world, for her daughter, Shahala threw one last arm lazily at her attacker, but it was no use. Her head fell stiffly against the cobblestone, the half-eaten pastry sat beside her in her final moments. The last remnants of liberty...

Director Haryk Stone
Location: Anamir| Interacting with: Ahnisa| Mentions: JustNicole JustNicole [U

Following the Summit, Haryk had previously planned an excursion to the UA in hopes to uncover more information upon The Masquerade. It was a rushed project, only himself and Kailyn knowing its motives and logistics. But, going undercover wasn’t out of character for the job. He had been trained for years to do this aspect of the job and being in a directorial position didn’t alter the obligation. Though the amount of time away from Essos limited with his evergrowing responsibilities. To be frank he missed the field work; off in foreign lands with a agenda to acomplish on your own time…

The digression of thought momentarily consumed Haryk as he strolled the sandstone streets of Anamir. The constant sand in the wind, paired with the boiling sun made the city quite opposite of the frigid city Essos. As a boy, he enjoyed his time in the then village, but now it was more… Slipping into an alleyway, he noticed a sign hanging loosely on its hinges above the neighboring wall. Tavern ahead. Market behind. Continuing onward without stopping, he took a left out of the alley back onto the main road. Hearing an incoming SQUACK, Haryk ducked as a colorful bird swooped over him, flapping its wings upward towards the roofs of the surrounding houses. The chaotic freedom of Anamir gave life to the sandy city, almost an indescribable charm. Spotting his desired location, he ran a hand through his hair to fix it from the dodge before entering the tavern.

Upon entrance the thick air of flavored smoke filled his senses, burning his nose and eyes. The bar was covered in a smokey haze as the light sound of a ney filled the lightly crowded room. It was midday, meaning most remained working at this point, however, there were some people heeding shelter within the tavern… An older Kalid woman occupied one corner, an orc man laid lurched over a table, and a human female remained beside the musician. Haryk made his way to the bar after the brief assessment of the room and laid a Ugravarian coin upon the counter. “Give me your clearest, strongest beverage. I’m afraid beer or mead doesn't rest easy in my system. And it is quite too early for whiskey.” The Dildrine bartender nodded, removing a bottle from the shelf as well as a glass. Pouring the liquor, he nodded in thanks as he took the glass in hand. Making his way tan a unoccupied table that gave full visual access of the room, he planted himself. Now for work.

code by Ri.a

Ymir Snow.png

Tag: ReverseTex ReverseTex JustNicole JustNicole
Mentions: Essos - Ymir's shop.

A new coat made of wolf, covering his shoulders letting the cloak reach the length of his ankles and no further. His new boots prepare for harsh terrain were rightfully bought in this new land that he had only hope to meet. Even when he began the journey with the bag of gold by his side, he expected to find some resistance to let him in if not for the seal he had already on his belt clinging by adjusted rope. No gold or silver would change the way people would look at him, but at least that piece of paper would witter their insults and held their tongues.

The great snowfall gave nostalgic memories of the mountain from which he came, though the noise of the wind was shallow in comparison, and the people's voice stronger than that of the nature. Essos was white as if covered by the clouds above... the sea across the city and its port giving away to the great lake and the quickest path to Argon-- Ymir though, as his steps were mark by the course he left on the ground and the spark of his pipe gave away his position, he saw more than that...

Ymir saw the columns that erected above ground level to hold ever unreachable ceiling adorned by signs and marks, colors which meaning he could not even witness from his humble position. He saw the order on which the structures had been carefully selected and positioned, so you felt surrounded as if within city walls, but with free perspective of all sides. He saw the shadows on which he could only imagine eyes watching back at him - he saw greatness and darkness, silence and noise. He saw freedom to see it all and also saw that none could appreciate it.

The Orc installed himself in a temporary shop, what was once a house for someone that could afford no longer. He cleaned up the junk and rubbish, the dust and the stain of time. The creativeness of the spiders that lingered within the corners of the building and the hiding spots of other creatures that hardly bothered him. He set up a few tables to work on and to display his herbs and potions, installing also some chairs and a sofa, for he wanted people to feel welcome to wait for any product that they wanted prepare. He even bought a few toys that he set aside in a smaller circle-like table where children could play with as he prepared him soup with his herbs... he did this not only out of generosity, but he knew well only children spoke the truth even if not with words. He would learn better ways to improve the sore food and find greater taste.

His hammer - he left his hammer in a frame hanging at the other end of the room, away from the public, but people could stare at it all they want though. Yes - no problem with looking at it.

As people came and move around his shop, exchanging trivial conversation such as the harsh weather and taxes, he also heard of the most unpleasant situation that happened in middle of the street. The idea alone scared them, to feel that something alike could happen at the open road. A few even said they could not even trust one another, desperation bringing everyone to do harsh things... but this felt without an actual gain. Slavery? Perhaps? The thoughts did not loose its grip on Ymir's mind as the time passed.

That day, a day he had decided that after closing he would investigate on his own - perhaps for his anxiety before adventure and vanquish enemies of injustice, or perhaps to do some good for his past mistakes - he knew where to start looking and what to do to begin the search... but first, he had to finish to prepare the herbs and various potions.

The day ahead was definitely quiet this time - not many customers, a few kids that wanted to play with the toys, taste some of the food... that was about it... that was what he thought it would be...

Ahnisa of Sunspear
Location: Anamir Tavern | Interacting with: Myrrine, Artorias, Haryk | Mentions: ReverseTex ReverseTex RiverGamer RiverGamer Tetro Tetro

The summit came in with much fanfare. It was to be the first meeting between the two sides since the assassination of the previous Council of Elders. Certainly, it would be legendary as the newly appointed Council of Elders would come face to face with the Prince who likely ordered the execution himself. It was the kind of moment that historians salivate about, the a moment that can go on to define the shape of both countries for generations to come.

Whatever build up there had been prior, the summit ended with a whimper. Talks were had. Concessions were made. However, the summit could best be summed up as a lose-lose situation. Neither side secured the foothold they wanted from it, and as a result both walked away from the negotiating table looking worse for wear.

As the summit wrapped up and both sides prepared to depart, Ahnisa prepared to head back to Sunspear. She had been contacted by a rather enigmatic individual. The man, it seemed, had overheard her mention in a passing conversation that she was from Sunspear, and he wished to hire her to take him from Capena to Sunspear. Such an arrangement suited Ahnisa fine, for she had been planning on heading towards home after the summit anyways.

At the last second, Ahnisa's employer notified her that because of how the summit ended he needed to return henceforth directly to Essos. Rather than cancel the contract, the employer said he would have another in his place, a elvish man who Ahnisa would find a tavern waiting for in Anamir. This was no major issue with Ahnisa, it was merely a short detour to Anamir.

The travel had been most uneventful, which was the way Ahnisa preferred it, and she arrived in Anamir two days before her scheduled rendezvous with her employer's replacement. During that time, she used the opportunity to catch up with some of the Masquerade located in the city. Not much had changed since her last visit. There was, however, a new target for the Masquerade, a rising mage who had already done previous work with a member of their order before. Her name was Myrrine Indarra.

Ahnisa's mission was simple, and the objective clear: investigate Myrrine and determine what future steps would be necessary. The easiest way to get close to Myrrine was to hire her as a bodyguard for her trip to Sunspear. She told Myrrine that as an old woman she was scared about defending herself traveling to Sunspear, and that she'd be willing to pay well for her protection. The small wrinkle in the plan was that Myrrine insisted that her compatriot named Artorias be hired as well. An extra person had not been in the plan, but no matter, she could still work with such a hitch, even if the man did seem to be more drunk than sober.

And so the day of the trip had arrived. Ahnisa found herself at the meeting location occupying a corner table, eyeing the rest of the tavern. A tavern was generally the last place she would seek out on her own free time, preferring the hospitality of books to drinks, but even she had to admit this tavern had a certain charm about it. Ahnisa, though, was not a drinker herself. She found it distasteful and disliked the way it dulled the senses, preferring her mind sharp and clean.

It was not long at all before Ahnisa spotted her man. An elfish man, grey in skin, entered the tavern and went to the bar. He matched the description she had been given, but her employer had neglected to mention the height. He was taller than she expected, and to be honest, he didn't look like the type who would be working for the man who employed him. Perhaps it was his well-defined jaw or the cut of his hair, but the man did not look like a standard errand runner.

The stranger walked over to a table across the tavern, drink in hand. Well, it seemed like it was time for Ahnisa to introduce herself. It would be day's travel to Sunspear, and if they were lucky, they would make it there before the morning twilight. She put away her notes that she had been scribbling on, adding additional detail from her experience and recollection of the summit, into her knapsack.

Rising to her feet, Ahnisa crossed the room, her movement clearly catching the stranger's attention. She calmly made her way to beside his table, looking down slightly at the sitting stranger before her. "I am Ahnisa of Sunspear," she stated as way of an introduction with a small bow. "May I sit?" When the man indicated it was safe for her to do so, she occupied the chair across from him. "Apologies for my abruptness, but you are the person I am to escort home, yes? If so, we must chat quickly for we must travel soon; our traveling companions are already waiting for us at the southern gate."
code by Ri.a

Director Haryk Stone
Location: Anamir| Interacting with: Ahnisa| Mentions: JustNicole JustNicole

Hearing the slightest squeak of a chair shifting, Haryk’s titanium stare shot to the Kalid women in the corner as she rose. Of course he wasn’t an idiot, the agent who hired the women had informed him of her appearance within his debrief. He wanted her to make the first approach, not himself. Her movement was meticulously slow, almost as she slithered towards the table. Watching her stop at his table, he gave the women a chance to speak. Nodding to indicate she may sit, the interaction began.

Yes. It would be quite rude of me to leave myself unnamed, if I may before we continue introduce myself?” Allowing her to acknowledge, he continued. “Brilliant. My name is Elion Kelra, a friend of your employer who unfortunately could not make his arrangements. My knowledge in history isn’t up to his level, I’m a military man at heart, so forgive me if I do seem lost at some points on our venture. But I’m quite adaptive.” Intentionally dragging the conversation longer to keep up the facade, although it would go unnoticed to anyone who personally didn’t know him. Furthermore, his voice lacked its typical edge, replaced with a hearty Argonian accent.

Yes my apologies I do seem to talk quite to much... You were saying about the companions?

code by Ri.a

S'oard Sararabbi

S'oard scoffed at the older Kalid's comments, shaking his head slightly with a small grin appearing on his face "You're not from around here are you? Hatred is a two way street in this bloody place. If you like it or not, it'll stick around until some miracle happens and then we get to skip around in a circle holding hands and fucking signing happy songs." Shaking his head once again, he continued his small speech "I guess it's how I cope in the end. Helps deal with the 'top dogs' acting so high and might on their pedestal." The Kalid looked back at the Emperor and the rest of the group with silence falling upon him as the gears in his head turned slowly. The older Kalid made part with him, moving away into the crowd and disappearing from sight, apologising for her words before she departed. With the crowd now slowly leaving as the parties on the stairs entered the city hall. S'oard himself now finally departed away, returning to the workshop and settled back into the daily routine once again.

After a few days, it was apparent that no progress had been made between the two nations. Unsurprising, considering the events that happened years before with the execution of the Council of Elders, it was met with surprise that they would even bother to talk to each other after all of this time. Continuing with his work, he made good coin with customers with nothing of interest or change making itself known to him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back