Welcome To Shearport

I just wanna check out of curiosity if it's house-ruled that we require sanctions as a part of our pledges. I would like to know for the sake of future pledge-crafting.

Uh, it doesn't come right out and say it, but it's listed in there with all the other steps/aspects. Like, it doesn't say that it's mandatory....but it doesn't say that it's optional either, and every sample Pledge has a sanction. Like, it seems pretty integral: Task (what I promise), Duration (for how long), Boon (what I get out of the deal), Sanction (what happens if I break my promise.).

I thought the Task covered the cost, but if you want to say a sanction is mandatory, I'll take your suggestion and throw in the bad luck and Persuasion bonus.

I think tagging everyone again should do the job. Alerts have been hella erratic for me since the change over.

By any chance, could Sackcloth brain the runner in the back of the head with the hammer by chucking it at them and hopefully bring them to a stop?

Y'know. For their own good.

Uh....that would be a Dexterity + Athletics roll at a -4, due to the thing being running flat out, but if you get a success, then you do indeed skull it with a hammer and it will go down.

You monster.

Axelgear said:
By any chance, could Sackcloth brain the runner in the back of the head with the hammer by chucking it at them and hopefully bring them to a stop?
Y'know. For their own good.
:o

Hmmm... With a spending of Willpower, that's a 65% chance of success...

What the hell, you only live once.

tumblr_mh8ic0FzqN1qc6ge4o1_1280.png

Mmmkay.

Honestly? That should be a Clarity check, but as the GM, I shoulda told you so before you did it. My bad. I'll let it go, but in future when someone's gonna do something fucked up, I'll tell them ahead of time that it's going to test their balance and their understanding of themselves.

Nah, it's alright. The fact is, we're playing PbP, we aren't all gonna be telegraphing our actions, morally questionable or otherwise. We're gonna do stuff like that without you being informed with reasonable regularity, right?

[dice]6233[/dice]

Dice roll, if you change your mind. Robert's gonna be feeling the everloving fuck out of this one later.

Edit: Gonna be waiting until I hear on whether the kid goes down or not to post.

Edit edit: Forgot the -1 due to being in the Hedge and out of sight of a portal, but the last dice came up as a 5 so... Wouldn't have changed it.

Last edited by a moderator:
What would I be rolling to haggle? Also, is it just anything I can come up with being on me? Such as the requested jewelry, two dollars worth of quarters (including a bicentennial, very rare), and a car key stolen by the sea and then claimed by the shore.

Potential other bartering chips: one of a loud annoying man's favorite socks, two pieces of salt water taffy.

Axelgear said:
For whatever it's worth, if Red had desired to clock Sackcloth one, it wouldn't have bothered me.
Awesome; I love characters glowering at each other.

Brings back fond memories of a friend and I constantly sniping in-character :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back