• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Welcome to Oswego Valley | RULES

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

xserendipitously

hey it's gemini
Thank you for your interest in Welcome to Oswego Valley!

We are currently OPEN!

I hope you will have an amazing, fun, and safe time here but in order for that to happen, there must be some rules to follow.

GENERAL RULES

1 | Literacy

This roleplay is literate. In roleplay, I expect proper grammar and spelling, within reason of course. Mistakes are expected but constant mistakes such as using text-slang or shortened/abbreviated of words/phrases is not allowed here. If it becomes difficult to understand your writing, you will be asked to fix it or leave. Responses must also be in the THIRD PERSON (eg. he, she, they, her) NOT in the FIRST PERSON (eg. me, I)

2 | Length of Response

While I do not expect you to write half a novel for your responses, I do want detail. Responding in single sentences will not help the roleplay progress in any way, which is the sole reason for this rule.

3 | Common Courtesy and Interactions with Others (In RP and OORP)

This rule is incredibly self-explanatory. If you intend to be an asshole rude individual, go away. I intend for any space that I am in to be respectful to everyone, so long as they aren’t causing trouble or hurting others. THIS IS A SAFE SPACE FOR EVERYONE! This includes people of different ethnicities, genders, sexualities, and religions, amongst other things. I will not, in any way, tolerate discrimination of any sort.

4 | Activity

I cannot be online every hour of every day and I don’t expect you to be either. However, I do expect a good amount of activity and involvement in the roleplay. Please write your favourite movie or TV show below if you’ve read this far. If you are to be away for an extended period or have lost interest and intended to leave the roleplay, please let me know. I will not be offended. I will be upset, however, if active roleplayers begin ghosting the group without any notice.

5 | Detail

Aforementioned, detail is important to me. Show, don’t tell. Obviously during slower parts of the roleplay, it can be kind of tricky to create a really detailed and substantive response, but all I ask is that you try your best!

ROLEPLAY RULES

1 | Drama

Bring on the drama! Drama and substance drives the plot and roleplay and is very welcome. However, a major change to the plotline (eg. an invasion of the town by outsiders or a major character death) must first be discussed under the Lore & Plot area. If, as a community, we can agree on your idea, or a variation of it, we shall include it.

2 | Triggers/Triggering Subjects

It is unrealistic to assume that no one within a given universe suffers from certain mental illnesses or afflictions. However, there are certain topics that can be triggering to our real life friends here and I don’t want them to be included. Certain
Cutting/self harm, eating disorders, suicide, rape, domestic abuse
are not allowed. If there is anything that triggers you, please feel free to let me know and I will be more than happy to include it in the list of banned topics.

3 | Treatment of Other OCs

As I said before, I do not allow discrimination of anyone, real or not real, on the basis of religion, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, etc. However, since this is a supernatural roleplay, I will allow for feuds between species. It is expected that not every character is going to get along and feuding is expected. However, if your OC is going to be participating in anything that can be considered bullying, please check with the other person to make sure that it is okay. If you’ve read this far, what pets do you have, if any? Overall, just don’t be a jerk and it will be fine.

4 | Godmodding/Autohitting/Powerplaying

You know you hate these just as much as we do. I’m not going to go into a ton of detail since it’s fairly common knowledge. Basically, don’t do it. That is all. It isn’t hard.

CHARACTER RULES

1 | Mary-Sues/Gary-Stus

Do not create perfect characters. Every character has flaws and flaws are beautiful.

2 | Evenness of Character Types

If there is a lot of females and no males, try to create a male character. If there is a lot of vampires, create a siren. Basically, try to keep everything even and balanced out. If you have read this far, what is your favourite band? A roleplay is no fun if there is too many of a certain type of character.

3 | Types of Characters/Character Diversity

This isn’t so much of a rule as it is a suggestion. Characters who are diverse are beautiful. It is encouraged here to create beautifully diverse characters as it is a safe space here. If everyone is the same, what fun is that?

4 | Number of OCs

Everyone can handle a different amount of OCs. Some can only have one while others can handle a few. However, I am limiting the amount of OCs everyone can have to two main OCs and two secondary OCs, since there are limited spots (see below for an explanation of the difference between a main OC and a secondary OC). You do not need to have all four OCs, you can choose to simply have one main OC.

5 | Types of OC

In this group, there are two types of OCs. The first is a main OC, or a “main character”. They are involved a lot in the plot. In this RP, an example would be the Callahan kids or the teenagers in the school. They are the characters the plot develops around. The second type of OC are secondary OCs. They are characters that help the plot but are not often included. In this RP, an example would be the mother in the Callahan family. She can be important but is not often included in the main roleplay.

That’s all she wrote, folks! Please make sure thoroughly read the rules and submit your answers to the questions below. Once you have, I will let you know if you’re good to move on to the ‘Character’ section. Thanks!

howdy!!
right now, my favorite show is ‘Longmire.’
i have two dogs and two cats who i don’t get to see much because i love away from home. :’(

my favorite band is the front bottoms!
looking forward to this rp!

Hi there! I agree with all of these rules you've listed! Especially appreciate rule #2 of character rules, as I am a strong believer of balance in an rp in that regard

Favourite movie is hard but I'm gonna say Lion King

Have two cats, Chewy and Mable. Mable is Trouble™ and Chewy is a plus size model and I love them. Possibly a third baby on the way

Favourite band is also a toughie, but imma say either Panic! at the Disco or Queen. I have a hard time picking because Urie and Mercury are/were both such talented singers and I love how they sound equally, but in different ways

Hopefully, I didn't miss anything? I kept rereading cause I was scared I might have missed something ^-^"

Totally ready for this!

Favorite Movie like everyone else is hard for me, but for now I'll go with...Blair Witch Project ;)

I have a doggo Maxis and she's such a sweetiebun~! Even though she's putting on weight >_> I'm looken at you Maxis...Yes you can eat my bacon.

My favorite band...Hmmm I really like The FatRat (EDM artist) :P

I can't wait.

Hello! This sounds pretty good and I'm interested! Have a few character ideas so if I'm allowed I'd love to join this.
  • Favorite movie would be Kingsman at the minute and TV shows would be Dark or Humans.
  • One"official," pet a year old cat named Bella and I look after my family members (aunts, cousins ect.) pets when they need it so I kind of count them too? Three dogs, a collie named Luna and two pugs named Bert and Ernie.
  • Favorite band would either be Sleeping At Last or Mumford and Sons or Imagine Dragons or a million others, when it comes to music I like most things.
Re-read it twice and I'm super paranoid that I've missed something.

Hope this is still accepting! Can't wait.

I've read through everything and I'm very excited to see where this goes!

My favorite movies are the Saw series. I have four cats and one dog. It's tough to say what my favorite band is as I listen to lots of different music. Take BTS as my answer for now.

Crossing my fingers that this is still open. :)

Howdy partner,
I’ve read everything and I’m very intrigued to see where this story can go

My favorite movie is hands down Love, Simon
I have two cats and two dogs
My favorite band(s) is/are Panic! At The Disco, Twenty One Pilots, and I love Billie Eillish even if she’s a singular artist
I hope there are spots still open

I’ve read through this all and it seems interesting!

- I don’t really have a favorite movie, although when people ask I usually default to Mulan.
- I don’t have any pets at the moment, but I’ve owned quite a few hamsters over the course of my life haha.
- My favorite band is probably Panic! At The Disco, but right now I’m listening to more artists like Ariana Grande or dodie.

Rules all sound, I hope I'm not too late
  • Favorite movie is probably labyrinth
  • I have two budgerigars, a green opaline named Major and a cobalt based named Seras (cause im a huge weeb for hellsing)
  • I dont really have a favorite band but i have been listening to a lot of Rob Zombie lately

Hi! All good with the rules!

My favorite show, as of right now, is the Promised Neverland. I have five dogs and a cat, and my favorite band for right now is Black Sabbath hehe.

Also, I know I'm brand new to the site, but I'm no stranger to roleplay so I'm confident I can hold my own here! :ghostuvu:

I've read the rules. hopefully, I caught all the questions.

At the moment my favourite Show is Watership Down
My pets are a budgie, dog, cat, and two fish.
uhhh probably Loona

This sounds amazing and very detailed! I’m hoping for a student role. :)
  • My favorite(s) has to be the whole aliens vs predator / aliens franchise
  • I’ve owned a a lot of pit bulls (my pops breeds them)
  • And I don’t really have a favorite band, my favorite singer however is Janelle Monae

Last edited:
Oh wow, I really hope I haven't missed the boat with this one!
I'm 100% interested in this.

• My favourite movie is easily Me Before You
  • Tye and Milo are my two furbabies, a father and son JRT duo
  • I don't think I have a definite favourite band but I have noticed that a majority of my playlist is comprised of Imagine Dragons, P!ATD and The Score

Hope I'm not too late!
My favorite movie is How to Train Your Dragon and my favorite show is Hannibal
I have a dog named Lucy
My favorite band is Katzenjammer or The White Stripes!

oh before i go on, my length average is around 250 upwards. is that an alright length for this roleplay??

also, i haven't been watching any movies lately, but the ones that i remember the most right now is miracle in cell no. 7 and i also haven't watched any shows in a long while except rupauls drag race nyayahaha

i have my precious baby dog. well, she's not a baby, but i love her. unfortunately, it's been a while since i've seen her. ;-; i hope she remembers me.

i like listening to daughter, half alive, crywank, and iv of spades ^^ also not a band, but i love cavetown!! i'm not too particular to genre. i just like listening to whatever lets me emo out all my somber emotions >w<

oh before i go on, my length average is around 250 upwards. is that an alright length for this roleplay??

also, i haven't been watching any movies lately, but the ones that i remember the most right now is miracle in cell no. 7 and i also haven't watched any shows in a long while except rupauls drag race nyayahaha

i have my precious baby dog. well, she's not a baby, but i love her. unfortunately, it's been a while since i've seen her. ;-; i hope she remembers me.

i like listening to daughter, half alive, crywank, and iv of spades ^^ also not a band, but i love cavetown!! i'm not too particular to genre. i just like listening to whatever lets me emo out all my somber emotions >w<
that would definitely be alright and thank you for letting me know! Feel free to move on to the character form section whenever you're ready

Users who are viewing this thread

Back