• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Welcome to Eden | Science Fiction | ☭ Noir ☭

Ah, man... I JUST made a cyberpunk character. It wouldn't really fit in here, but I am sooo in the mood to join in... I'm not sure I'm up to the task though, with the detailed way... If it's okay, I'd like to join nontheless though, and I'll give it my very best. (At worst, you have a dramatic, innocent you can kill off.)

@Sunbather

I used the detailed to scare away the unwanted. You have come into our home and made a post!

We would be more then happy for you to join-

There will be a casual side to this as well... Just mostly detailed when it comes to missions. Simi-Para, I really don't expect too much :)

However, making sure you character fits IS important.

MeKonster said:
@Sunbather
I used the detailed to scare away the unwanted. You have come into our home and made a post!

We would be more then happy for you to join-

There will be a casual side to this as well... Just mostly detailed when it comes to missions. Simi-Para, I really don't expect too much :)

However, making sure you character fits IS important.
That sounds lovely, I'm working on it as we speak, hehe. Yeah, I had an idea for a cyberangel kinda thing, but I think I know how to tweak to keep her essence and make it work for this. If something isn't to your liking in the end, just shoot me a heads up and I'll adjust it even further. :) I'm very flexible with this kind of stuff. :D

Sounds good.

@Sunbather

That is a great character. I may have miss communicated some things. CloudCity has been in the sky for over 300 years now...

And a cop wouldn't have access to BlackNet or MercNet. They are deemed "Criminal Orgs" by any police member. I could see MercNet but BlackNet is controlled by the mob.. Its dangerous business.

@The Jackal; are you still planning on submitting a character?

@Boondox & @Javax -

Both of your characters should work fine in the setting. However, your bios are extremely hard to read.

And are a bit jumbled. If you both could spend some more time on them I would appreciate it!

Other then that, everything else checks out.

Javax can you get a real picture? It is hard to understand exactly what is going on there.

If you have any questions PM me!

@MeKonster

I have indeed missed that, I will change it asap. Just to make sure: I've seen other people being born on earth, is the planet even still functional and inhabited? I'm just asking because of the nuclear strikes and I don't want to mess up again, haha.

Regarding the nets: The idea was that she was part of the police, which is why she had and continues to (probably illegally) have access to it, but since she's now working for clients of less-official business, she frequents MercNet and BlackNet. If it's strictly a mob network though and you deem it too hard to access, I'll remove it. :)

And, and thank you very much. :)

@The Necromancer - Character approved.

@general ostruppen - I am unsure how people are missing this but, it has been 300 almost 400 years since CloudCity went airborne and there is NO way they would have allowed a gangsters son with guns to join the "SAFE HAVEN". Bio needs work. He has potential.. but things need to get fixed first.

@Detective Rascal - Three. Check the main IC tab for more details :)

@MeKonster

I've adjusted the backstory. I hope it is to your liking now. :)

Regarding the nets: I've removed the ControNet and the TradeNet. The first because you asked for it and the second as I accidentally had put it in. However, I'd like to just mention something: I thought the ControlNet would really make sense for her to have, as she's a.) a former cop and b.) deems herself to work for peace and what's right. She just doesn't consider the police as strong enough to keep the peace. Wouldn't it make sense for her to continue using the Network, so she could gain informations and strike first? I completely understand if it's not okay and I'll keep it out, I was just wondering and thinking I'd bring it to your attention. ^_^ Also, I've considered adding the CorpNet. Since she's for hire, I'm sure certain... not so official branches may have hired her, right? So it would make sense to snoop through her client's competition. BUT, I can see how that may be too much, and I don't want to make her too powerful, so if you'd like, I'll keep it out as well.

@MeKonster

Alright I added more and went through his back story, making it more straight forward. You can look over it an figure out if it's better or still jumbled.

@Sunbather The idea was that your AI implant within your wetware would alert you to situations that needed your level of expertise. It does makes sense to have ControlNet if you are a bounty hunter, I going to just start letting people take it. I suppose you might have controlNet if you had say... a Radio scanner of sorts? allowing you to listen in. my original idea was that the AI would alert you of situations coming in from like, news networks or dispatches. allowing you the opportunity to respond to an event if you desired. Rather then allowing you as a character direct access to the Network.

Anyways- i will reread your post.

@Sunbather - Your character has been approved. You are allowed minor edits before joining the RP.

@Boondox - Thank you for editing your bio. I know completely understand what is being said :P

On a side note; it has been about 300 and some years since CloudCity has been airborne.

If you started out on the ground- how did you get to Eden?

@general ostruppen - Character has been approved

@MeKonster

Ah, I see. Well, honestly, I just want it for authenticity and feel-ish reason. I'm more than happy to play how you envisioned it. Afterall, you're the boss here. Thank you very much for letting me keep it though. I just figured a character like this should utilize her prior, official access to it. She could've kept her access from her former police days by not-so-official means, under the radar, right? I won't abuse it and instead rely on the A.I. mostly, only using the ControlNet sparsley and when it's really appropiate. :)

And I'm glad it's approved and fine to go. ^_^

Interested in MercNet mission! For character continuity purposes, I can't say I would 100% agree though. Is that okay? I mean, she wouldn't kill someone innocent or something like that.

@MeKonster

Would characters having past interactions with another character be allowed? Like for example, a merc knowing a Mafia man before a current mission due to the fact that he worked with him before?

Or are we going all clean slates for the rp?

MeKonster said:
@Sunbather - This is a MercNet Misson on a local Mafia outlet. Total "Elimination" is required.
I understand, I was just wondering if it'd be possible to show interest in it without accepting? I imagine she'd realistically take information from the mafia if it meant she could fight other criminals, but probably not if it means killing an innocent. Argh, sorry if I'm not being clear enough. :(

@TheDaftStudent. Do it! :) Your character will be contacted soon!

@Sunbather - I reread your original post about disagreeing. You can totally disagree with the order, is up to you how you handle it, but when MercNet contacts you; they have selected YOU as the best option for handling the situation. This is a neutralize the target(s)...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back