• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern ๐ฐ๐ž ๐ฌ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ฐ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ฐ๐ž ๐œ๐š๐งโ€™๐ญ ๐ฌ๐š๐ฒ โ€”- ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ž๐ง ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ง๐ฒ๐ฑ๐ฑ๐ข๐ž

Characters
Here
Other
Here

/* ------ left side ------ */

/* ------ tabs ------ */

• /* ------ sticky note letter ------ */
    this is the last time, i swear. it's not gonna happen again, man. this time i won't procrastinate!

colin ayutthaya
    (aka a big fuckin' liar)

/* ------ right side ------ */

Wednesday, October 23rd. . . 8:20 p.m.
Campus Library

Colin jogged down the concrete path towards the aged building that slowly came into view. His breaths came out in puffs of hot steam, the cold autumn weather making itself apparent once the sun had dipped below the horizon. He barely slowed down as the large oak doors drew close and nearly slammed into a pair of girls making their way out. Shouting a quick apology, he rushed into the library and made a beeline for the exact shelf heโ€™d been picturing since he decided to come here.

Twas the night before his assigned reading was due, and Colin had not even touched the book.

In his defense, there were about a million other important things he had to do that week. There was that basketball game he promised to sub in for, the annual jazz festival was happening downtown, and it wasnโ€™t like he could miss his best friendโ€™s birthday party. It wasnโ€™t exactly the best time for his obscure English literature class which he only had on Thursdays to have an easily forgettable task due. There were so many pages tooโ€”what professor assigns 300 pages in a week?โ€”and Colin was already tired from the game. Itโ€™s too late to regret now, he thought defeatedly, the sooner I can find this book the sooner I can sleep.

The library was quiet save for the rustle of pages and bags, a moderate amount of students spending their evening studying, working, or reading. A few of them glanced at him as he sped through the aisles, but he was too focused on his task to pay any mind. When he finally reached the section where their assigned novel was, he dragged the tip of his finger across book spines starting from one end of the shelf.

โ€œJ... Kโ€ฆ L.. huh?โ€ Colinโ€™s finger stopped just before a space in between the books. Itโ€™s not here. Feeling slightly panicked, he checked the shelf directly below, then above, then a few more letters down. When he asked the front desk, the receptionist told him that the last copy hadnโ€™t been signed out yet. It should be on the shelf, yet, it wasnโ€™t. Which could only mean one thing.

He felt like pulling out his hair thinking of all the places the book could have been left, but by some dumb luck, he spotted the cover almost right away. Just on a table left of where he first looked, the classic was on top of a neat stack of books beside a girl engrossed in her work. Her dark brown hair covered part of her face, but he thought the faded blonde highlights looked familiar.

โ€œHey, โ€˜scuse me,โ€ Colin said as he approached the table, pointing to the item he needed.

โ€œSorry to bother, but do you think I could borrow that book? Iโ€™ve got a reading assignment due tonight that I really gotta finish. Iโ€™ll give it back to you as soon as possible.โ€

Colin mustered all the charm he had into the smile he gave her, hoping sheโ€™d take pity on him. He knew if he didnโ€™t catch up to the reading tonight, heโ€™d be screwed during the discussion and quiz tomorrow. Ah, have I actually seen this person before? Maybe from classโ€ฆ

/* ------ credit -- do not remove ------ */

ยฉ weldherwings.

Last edited:

/* ------ left side ------ */

/* ------ tabs ------ */

• /* ------ sticky note letter ------ */
    oh yeah this totally makes sense- how can people struggle with this book? pfft... do you feel your neurons flying out after a 4-hour study nonstop? cause I don't!

luna zhang, a compulsive liar

/* ------ right side ------ */

Wednesday, October 23rd. . . 8:20 p.m.
Campus Library

The light of the flexo lighting up the table where the female was studying lightly flickered from time to time as if it was even scared of the stern look of concentration on the female's face. Luna, who had thoroughly planned out how she would focus her study on the book, found herself in a troubling situation. As she checked her minimalist wristwatch, knowing how much time she had passed blocked in the same four pages did not help her relax. For a moment she closed her eyes, sighing as she gently massaged her temple with her pale fingers which were slightly pink from the autumn cold. Her hands slipped behind her ears to gently comb her hair, playfully decorated with some randomly placed blonde streaks she had lately considered switching up.

Just how difficult could it actually get? She thought to herself, frowning lightly as she stared down at the book as if it were to blame for the way it was written. It was difficult for Luna to get a clear idea of what to note down and remember for the pop quiz of tomorrow, the ideas were so abstract, any argument could be valid. She felt her overworked brain flow with questions which lead to nowhere, and a childish frustration rose in her. She wished for the author to come back from the dead since they were close enough to Halloween and personally ask him about what the hell was he trying to say. Ripping out a tiny piece of paper, Luna took a moment to scribble down some venting lines, some she hoped to turn into a lyric once she had enough time and energy to do so.

Her inspiration for songwriting, unlike her studying habits, came in spontaneous rushes of energy. This is why she always carried a tiny notebook she was now too lazy to search for, just for a scenario like this, where she needed a minuscule break to get rid of the lyrics in her head. Otherwise, she would likely be hammering the words in her head until she had them written down, which was the last thing she needed at that moment.

Tore down the walls, tried my best to let you in,
Yeah, how was I supposed to know what you hid?

(credit: lie lie lie - MICO )

The paper was gently placed underneath a pile of other notebooks and books she had been carrying around even though the female had focused on the main assigned volume. As she kept scanning through in a systematic manner, she slowly started to get back on track, and before she realized it, her mind had reached a point of pure zen, where the information lightly soaked in and the reading, although challenging, became much more readable... In her mind, Luna was throwing a party, FINALLY, she was getting somewhere!

Alas, the celebration was soon cut short when a deep voice seemed to acknowledge her. Slowly, veeeery slowly, her eyes rose up to meet a dashing and slightly uneasy smile belonging to an objectively (and of course, only objectively) handsome face.

Her glacial expression turned into a light frown, she knew who the intruder was. Colin, aka I barely study and get the same grades as you. They shared most of their classes together, and although they had barely exchanged words, it had not taken long for Luna to see that the boy stood out, especially in what was supposed to be her field of expertise; grades.

Luna glanced to the side before looking back at him as if she was actually considering the option, yet, little did he know, she was actually devilishly smirking inside. It's well deserved for acting so careless about his studies... Feeling karma was on her side, Luna gently pressed her lips before saying,

"Well I don't know if you can see it but- it's opened, in front of me, in my hands... It probably means I'm using it, right? I'm studying- well- was studying on the same assignment you are talking about. As far as I know, the pop quiz is gonna be really difficult, so I think I'm gonna keep this" Her tone turned out to be more playful and sarcastic than she intended, but she gave a small shrug

"Be quicker next time" was her last comment before her eyes travelled back to the book as she tried again to concentrate, in hopes of finding her moment of clarity again, trying her best (and honestly not succeeding) to ignore the tall figure right in front of her.

/* ------ credit -- do not remove ------ */

ยฉ weldherwings.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back