• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here
Monday, October 2nd, 2010
Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

falsekings falsekings , Saturnah Saturnah , MegMath13 MegMath13 , iijora iijora , Kuromi_Jiro Kuromi_Jiro

Nothing could bother Adrian Selwyn. Nothing.

It wasn't the first time that he had gotten detention, but it would be the longest he would be in detention for. A month. His team had groaned when they heard that. Time spent in detention was time spent away from practice, and he was their captain and star player. But Adrian didn't seem to be worried about it. Ravenclaw didn't stand a chance against them in November, he would make sure of it.

So, this detention, like all of the others that had come before, meant nothing to him. It was just another attempt to control him, that's all.

He left Herbology class at three PM, and started to walk down the hallway at a leisurely pace. It was the end of the day, and everyone was hurrying outside to enjoy the sunshine and socialize with their friends. Usually, at this time of day, Adrian was heading to the Quidditch pitch to practice, even if his team wasn't available. Practice was everything to him, there was no time for socializing. Today, however, he was supposed to be at the greenhouses at four PM for his detention. He had some time to kill, but, as it wasn't enough time for him to get to the Quidditch pitch and practice, it was useless time to him.

"Any idea what Sprout is gonna make you do?" Regina Li, the Keeper of his team, asked, as she slung her book bag over her shoulder.

Adrian pushed his hands into his pockets, and shrugged. "No. But I'm certain it'll be a waste of my time," he drawled.

"Right. Well, I'll see you later." She turned down another hallway that led outside, and called over her shoulder: "Practice won't be as fun without you!"

Adrian didn't reply. He headed to the courtyard, where he leaned against the stone wall of the castle, and pulled an Alchemy book out of his bag. He read with a bored look on his face.

By the time it was ten minutes to four Adrian had finished the book. He was a fast reader, even with the other students in the courtyard making so much noise.

After shoving his book back into his bag, he made his way to the greenhouses. A few students that he sort of knew wished him good luck in his detention, but he pretty much ignored them. He didn't think that it would be that bad. It was Sprout, after all. A Hufflepuff. As far as he knew, she didn't have a mean bone in her body, so the worst he expected was a bit of chiding, and a menial task that he'd have to complete.

When he arrived at the main greenhouse, two first year students were just leaving. They had been talking excitedly, but, as Adrian passed by them, they immediately shut up and looked up at him as if he might shove them against a wall, or steal their lunch money. He simply continued on his way, entering the greenhouse, where Professor Sprout was tending to some Venomous Tentacula.

"Mister Selwyn. I must say I'm surprised you came. You can take a seat. We'll get started soon," she said, not even bothering to look at him.

"How about we start now?" Adrian replied coldly, as he stood his ground.

Now Professor Sprout looked at him. "We'll start soon, Selwyn. We have to wait till the others arrive."

Adrian arched an eyebrow. "The others?"

Last edited:
Jocelyn Parker

[class=picture] position: relative; display: inline-block; [/class] [class=text] position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; top: 0; left: 0; opacity: 0; background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.2); color: white; z-index: 2; [/class] [class name=text state=hover] opacity: 1; [/class] [div class=picture] [div class=text]
"I guess that I'm just prone to these things."
with: Professor Sprout and Adrian Selwyn
tags: theroseoforlais theroseoforlais
This wasn't Jocelyn's first detention and it surely wouldn't be the last. She was prone to them in fact, she had a temper to match her red hair and a condition that made her even worst around the full moon. People had found out about her being a werewolf when she was twelve and there were a group of Slytherins that kept teasing and making fun of her. They even called her wolfie and to her this was the last straw, her older brother had been trying to keep her rational. It had been working up until Herbology that morning when she was alone with the Slytherins. She'd jinxed the ring leader of all the bullying and Professor Sprout had given her detention.

So that is why she was walking down to the green houses for detention with Professor Sprout. She'd never had detention with with the stout little witch, so she had no idea what to expect. She figured that she would have to maybe write lines or pot some kind of magical plant. When Jocelyn walked into the room she was surprised to see another figure there and she looked at Professor sprout. "Here's my detention slip Professor." She said as she sat down at one of the long tables. Was this a group detention? She wondered, why would there be another person in the room for her detention if it wasn't. "When do we start Professor?" She asked,she hoped that it didn't take long she had quidditch practice.
[/div][/div]
codedbycrucialstar | hidden scroll

Last edited:

• Alex & Benjamin.jpg Post Alex looked at his brother with a look that was basically saying we'll get in a ton of trouble but it's so worth it sorta look with his devious smirk "Come on bro just one time I seriously need your help with this one. I promise I'll never ask again if you help me just this one time." The gryffindor brother said obviously lying through his teeth "You know my answer is no I don't wanna ruin my perfect record of not getting in trouble at Hogwarts mother will kill us." Benjamin stated rolling his eyes while he was finishing up an essay needed for his history of magic class. Simply groaning he grabbed Benjamin's ink up high above the essay "You leave me no choice little bro I didn't wanna have to use force but I guess I have too, want your paper to go to waste? It looks like you put a lot of time into it as well, real shame actually." He said chuckling a bit while tipping over the bottle just a bit. He wasn't actually going to do anything to Benjamin's paper he wouldn't hear the end of it from Ben or his mother. Just hearing the howler now gave him a sorta chill down his spine not showing it of course he looked at his brother in the eyes not going to give up an inch. After what felt like the entire school year Benjamin finally gave in with a defeated sigh "Fine, this is the only time I'm helping you. Only because I don't wanna redo this paper I worked hard enough of it." His brother said while taking his ink back and putting the cap on it and putting all his other things away. Alex's prank was perfect revenge on the Slytherin boy who decided it'd be funny to hex his ink to explode the moment he opened it, even know he still doesn't have all the ink off, the prank is simple he's going to put a spell on the boy's quill to make it stick to the boy's hand and write words that don't make sense ruining his paper. Along with this he's going a little extra which is where his brother comes into play, to make sure his boy doesn't know it's Alex his brother is going to impersonate him and go to the class, thankfully Benjamin has a free hour so he isn't missing anything it'd be to suspicious other wise. After Benjamin was dressed his Alex's school uniform he looked at his brother "This is so stupid they'll know it's me I'm nothing like you." He said but Alex simply brushed him off and hexed an extra spell "Yeah yeah whatever just make sure he grabs his quill." He said putting the quill in his brother's hand and pushing him off towards the Slytherin boy.

Last edited:
"--and so then I said, 'What do you mean I can't levitate the underclassmen?''

The Slytherins around him all started bursting out into laughter as Markus gave out a chuckle of his own. "Shame you got caught though, the whole crew was planning to race broom sticks today." He turned toward the voice, only able to offer a shrug towards his friend, Andre before exchanging goodbyes with everyone.

Making his way through the twisting corridors of the school Markus couldn't help but think back on that third years face as they flailed around in the air. Letting out a single loud guffaw which earned him plenty questioning stares from some passing students. Not that he cared much what they thought of him, he was more concerned with what type of punishment Professor Sprout had cooked up for detention. Herbology was probably his least favorite subject, and as such he goofed off in that class maybe a bit more than he should've. But what did Professor Sprout expect? It wasn't Markus' fault that the class was boring. With all that in mind however, Markus wouldn't be surprised if Sprout had cooked up something particularly boring just to spite him.

'Well... let's get this over with.'

Groaning inwardly he'd make his way across the fields towards the school's greenhouses, slowly cracking open the door and taking a peak inside to see a small gathering of students. He easily recognized the Slytherin as Adrian, but blanked on the other three. 'Probably underclassmen.' Markus shrugged to himself, stepping inside the room while giving a jovial wave to the professor.

"Surprise, surprise. It's me! Though it looks like you've got a good turnout today Professor!"

Briar walked with her sister toward the school's greenhouses, the usual spring still in her step despite the awaiting punishment. Though clearly annoyed about having to go to detention, Briar took the punishment with stride. After all, this wasn’t her first time having to go through detention.

However, the same can’t be said about her sister, Violet.

"You don't have to do this, Bri." Violet says, quietly playing with the ends of her scarf. "I can still go and tell the Headmistress the truth..."

Briar puts a hand on her sister’s shoulder, giving her a reassuring smile. “It’s fine. Don’t worry.” She says, attempting to comfort her sister, “I’m doing this so you can focus on Quidditch, okay? Those girls won’t be annoying you anytime soon, trust me.”

Violet wordlessly nods, still looking sullen despite Briar’s attempt at comforting her. It was her actions that deserved punishment, and yet Briar was taking the fall for it.

“Detention with Professor Sprout won’t be the end of the world.” Briar comments good-naturedly, re-adjusting Violet’s scarf as they arrived at the entrance to the greenhouse. “Try not to make anymore trouble, okay?”

Violet nods again, giving Briar a hesitant smile. “Okay. I’ll make it up to you, I swear.”

Briar gives Violet a quick hug. “You’re doing the dishes when we go home for the summer.” She jokes, before pulling away. “Have fun at practice!”

With that, she walks into the greenhouse, waving goodbye to her sister as she does so.

She curiously observes everyone who was already inside, surprised to see many familiar faces. She wasn’t sure if any of them knew her, but she was familiar with all the Quidditch players present in the room. One of which being Adrian Selwyn, the Slytherin’s star player and the school’s biggest enigma. He was quite the figure within the small Quidditch fangroups at Hogwarts, and so Briar recognized him right away.

Briar hands her detention slip to Professor Sprout with a smile, before finding a place to sit. She settles on a seat near Jocelyn, whom she recognizes as the Gryffindor Quidditch team’s Chaser. She amusedly thinks that today’s detention session seemed to partially be a gathering of talented Quidditch players.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back