Waves ackwardy

ysmay

Hiya, I'm new here, I am looking for a rp partner.

Let's see, I'm 15

I love to read but have a lot of trouble finding things to read

I like fantasy and sifi and modern and horror

I spend most of my time rp

I do have anxiety so my posts are kinda.....

I write in my free time

I love weapons

I aspire to bartend

And do marine biology

And write to change the world

And yeah.

Haha, don't worry ysmay, we're glad you're here. Welcome to RPNation! If you need help or have any questions, don't be afraid to ask myself or one of the other members. We will be more than happy to help you out.

Welcome ysmay. I'm new as well and at this point I believe I'm trying to create an army of fresh recruits. (Not really but I won't exclude that as an option just yet.)

Is the fantasy/scifi/modern/horror genres representative of your reading habits or RPs?

Haha, thanks. I hope you have a great time here because everyone is generally pretty nice. Don't be shy to go start searching for some interesting role plays right away. Anyway, happy Rp hunting!

ysmay said:
Both I read iT and write it And we should totally creat an army
Cool! I touch on a fair variety of genres but I am rather fond of modern/horror. Though I do tend to lean more towards dice RPs, I'm generally up for whatever-- even if that just means scenario brainstorming and discussions. How long have you been in the RP scene?

I don't really know. It hasn't been long maybe six months. I was writing collectively before that so....

What about you?

ysmay said:
I don't really know. It hasn't been long maybe six months. I was writing collectively before that so....
What about you?
I was 15 when I started my first role-play. (so 7 years ago) It was a short D&D session but my real dive into RP was about a year later with a regular group. (World of Darkness. It's about Vampires/Werewolves/Ghosts/etc. in a Modern/Gothic setting. Since then, I've been involved in a variety of games/systems.

That's cool Slowinfect.

And klover, that's what I was wondering so yes we should totally rp

ysmay said:
Okay, I'm assuming you don't mean dice...
Kloverdesu said:
Dice? I have no idea how that works xD
Yeah. I do mean dice. It's very similar to the free-form role-playing that is more common in forums. However, character sheets are assigned with specific stats. Dice are rolled on important actions to determine whether or not it is successful. It's the sort of thing that prevents god-modding.

Yeah, god moving is annoying. I like free form because that's all I've ever done. I have sff to thank for that and introducing me to rp.

ysmay said:
Yeah, god moving is annoying. I like free form because that's all I've ever done. I have sff to thank for that and introducing me to rp.
Both have their benefits. Honestly, dice-based games are difficult over text systems. They're doable but rather slow moving in this format. Stick to what you know while here, unless you gain some tabletop experience IRL. I do suggest trying it out sometime. Local hobby shops normally have recruitment for "Pen and Paper" RPGs and I've seen schools that have role-play clubs. Check out what is available when you get the chance.

You would be surprised I've rp with some god moving romances they were odd but yes we should totally do a rp.

And slowinfec I would like to try table top one day...,, gazes into distance

ysmay said:
You would be surprised I've rp with some god moving romances they were odd but yes we should totally do a rp.
And slowinfec I would like to try table top one day...,, gazes into distance
Haha, if you get impatient or don't have the opportunity to IRL then I'd be happy to host a simple one for you sometime. That way I can introduce you to the concept of how dice work in a role-play scenario. However, I'm still not familiar with this particular site yet, so wait until I get a handle rpnation first. (if you are interested, that is.)

(That would be cool) at the moment I'm trying to find a good partner who will put up with me in one on one. I have been looking for almost two months on different sites....

ysmay said:
(That would be cool) at the moment I'm trying to find a good partner who will put up with me in one on one. I have been looking for almost two months on different sites....
It's important to find people RPers that you're compatible with. A mismatch can make for a rather un-enjoyable experience. What is your general requirements for the person you role-play with? (e.g. style, post requirements, etc.)

I rp a lot. As in all day everyday. I have school and stuff on my computer so manly I need someone who like doing this and does it a lot other then that I'm not too picky

Users who are viewing this thread

Back