• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Waterlyn High

11:32 - Lunchtime

"Lena," Carduus said, slipping her arm into the younger girls and guiding her towards her groups table. Centre of the cafeteria, on display for everyone to see. "Sweetie, I haven't seen you all summer. You should sit with us."

"Really? I can sit with you ?"

"Of course. Why don't you buy my lunch while you get your own and then come sit with everyone?" Carduus said, smile small and kind. She waited until the sophmore had scampered off before she let the smile drop and took her seat. "God, I hate that girl."

11:37 AM 

James knew he'd forgotten something that morning, the thought pestering him all day, and of course it had to be his lunch. He hadn't even made it, too busy trying to make sure Cassia was ready before Carduus arrived. Speak of the devil, he could see his sister as soon as he walked into the cafeteria, the girl holding court on the central table. Sighing, he glued himself to the wall and hoped none of her idiot friends spotted him while he bought his lunch. 

11:34

Aria took a bite of her granola bar, sketching quickly. For some reason, math of all things had managed to break the art block, and there was no way she was going to let this moment of total clarity go so she could eat lunch in the cafeteria. At this rate, she might actually get to start painting tomorrow. She dropped her pencil long enough to skip to the next song on her phone - I'm never letting Ray put music on here again - before she started refining the drawing, eyes flitting over the page.

"Hey, Em, guess what I found out?"
"Hmm?"

"I still fucking hate everyone."

Emiline lifted her eyes from her book, giving her twin a look. "Did you even make an effort to not hate them?"

"Nah." The redheads eyes dropped back to her phone, one earbud in so she could carry on her conversation even while playing the rhythm game. Although how she could hear either half over the cafeteria bustle was a mystery to Emi.
"Alex."

"Hmmm?"

"Do you have to be a dick?"
"Mmmmmmmmmm... Yeah."

"Oh my god."

Ana groaned, stretching as she headed towards the cafeteria. She was starting to really regret not sleeping in, but there wasn't much she could do about that now. She steered herself towards the lunch line, hoping to grab her food and go sit herself down at her usual table. Or outside. Outside sounded really nice right about now.

Lyle Dubois

Lyle made his way into the cafeteria and scanned the room looking for Olivia.  He had spoken to her earlier this morning and decided that she was going to be his designated friend this year.  Lyle wasn't exactly friendly so making friends wasn't always easy.  He kept looking around before his eyes fell on Carduus Terra.  She was probably the most popular girl at the school due to the fact that her dad was mega rich.  She was kind of an asshole but Lyle had a feeling there was a mushy inside. Lyle hadn't tried one of his escapades on her yet and he thought it was high time that he did.  He put on his game face and made his way over to her table.  He leaned down behind her and whispered lightly in her ear "Afternoon Terra.  How's your first day back been?" He asked, his voice smooth like velvet.  

@Gupi @Lava

Emily MacIntire

Emily was sitting outside in the courtyard eating her lunch as she flipped through a fashion magazine.  She had been trying to find inspirations for a design all day but hadn't found any.  She sighed and sat the magazine aside before finishing off her sandwich and looking around at the school.  Everything was so familiar it almost felt like a second home.  It seemed strange that she'd be leaving this place so soon.  She pushed the thought away and pulled out her sketchbook to look over her designs.  As she was flipping through, a boy came up to her and knocked the book out of her hands. "Sup tranny?" He said.  Emily felt her stomach drop as she immediately recognized the voice.  She hesitated before looking up; two boys stood in front of her.  One with a scowl, presumably the one who knocked her book out of her hand.  And one with a face racked with guilt; both were her younger brothers, Ethan and Everett. "Ethan...Everett..." She said softly. 

Jessica Torres

Jessica was sitting with a fair few of the people from her drama class.  They were all talking about their summers and the upcoming school musical, peculating which one it would be.  A lot of people wanted to Grease but Jessica and a few others had heard the director wanted to put on Hairspray.  Either way, Jessica would be happy with either play.  She loved them both and there were roles she could play in both so she didn't care much.  She looked around the cafeteria, at the place she'd be leaving soon.  She have the place a bittersweet smile but pushed it away.  That wouldn't be for months, don't be all mushy now. 

Carduus didn't even turn around, answering three more questions and effectively ending the conversation before talking to the boy. "If you're trying to flirt then you really shouldn't be using my surname," she said, turning her head to peer at him, "It sounds like you're looking for a fight. Are you looking for a fight? Because I've got an older brother who would just love the chance to defend his baby sister."

@Jess Buck

Lyle Dubois

Lyle straightened his back and put his hands up in surrender.  "No one's looking for a fight.  My bad Carduus."  He gave her his classic smirk as he pulled up a chair from a nearby table and took a seat next to her.  "You know you're one tough cookie Cardie.  Can I call you Cardie?"  This was fun; this girl didn't play games and Lyle was all too happy to see how far he could push her buttons.  

@Gupi

"No," Carduus said, narrowing her eyes at him. "You can't sit either. Go find another girl to play with, you aren't worth my time." She turned away then, pulling out her phone and making an obvious display of ignoring him.

Lyle Dubois

Lyle pouted. "Aww come on Carduus don't be like that.  I can bet you anything I'm not a complete waste of your time. I mean for one thing I'm pretty.  And for another I've got a sense of humor.  Isn't that what all girls look for in a guy? 'Someone they can talk to'. "  He chuckled and stood, pushing the chair back to it's original table.  "Come on Carduus, do you really want me to go?" 

@Gupi

Carduus rolled her eyes, but turned to face him again. "You think your cute, don't you? But I know who you are Lyle, and I'm not someone you can play games with."

@Jess Buck

Last edited by a moderator:
Lyle Dubois

Lyle gasped and covered his mouth.  He looked at the people around him with glee before saying "She knows my name!" He said happily.  He chuckled and leaned back down, this time, getting close to Carduus' face.  He held himself up by placing his arm on the table.  He gave her a smirk and said "Oh but Cardie, we've been playing a game the whole time." He said, low in his chest with that voice of velvet.  He chuckled softly again before straightening his back and giving everyone at the table a two finger wave.  "See you all around." He said.  He looked over at one of the other girls sitting at the table and gave her a playful wink before heading off to grab himself some lunch. 

@Gupi

Christian 

Christian made his way out into the hall towards the tables, planner in hand out of habit. His sister didn't seem to be here yet upon a quick inspection of the cafeteria. He did spot a guy he knew to be called James apparently trying to camouflage into the wall despite the fact that he was a giant and stood out like a sore thumb. Christian wasn't exactly mean- he didn't go over there to taunt him, but he also wasn't exactly trying to help him either. He was simply curious. Everyone knew him, he was like a celebrity here. it was fun talking to people and watching their faces. "Are you alright there, James?" He asked as the boy migrated towards the scent of food, still trying to hide from someone. probably his ill mannered sister, Dus. @Gupi

Olivia

Olivia made her way into the food court and almost gagged at what she saw. True to his personality, Lyle was already hitting on some girl. Her face changed though when she saw who it was. She snuck up behind him, just close enough to get within earshot. Just as she expected, Dus turned him down quite spectacularly. Lyle never lost his cool though, props to him for that. Not that Liv would ever say that to him. "You are an idiot if you think that's going to work on her." Olivia told him when he turned around. and walked in her direction after Dus sent him on his way. "You are way too cocky." She tut tutted and shook her head "And I saw that wink! Are you already trying to make her jealous?!" @Jess Buck

Lyle Dubois

Lyle chuckled and smiled down at Olivia.  He ruffled her hair lightly "Ah Liv, you have so much to learn.  And I have so much to teach you." He said with a chuckle.  "Come on, let's go get food.  I'm starved." He ushered Olivia towards the outrageous line for the terrible muck they served. He sighed "I hope they changed the staff...or at least stopped serving hot dogs on hamburger buns." 

@Lava

Ana watched the whole event from the lunch line with a hint of amusement, arms folded as she watched the spectacular failure that always came from attempting to blatantly hit on Carduus if you weren't a member of her crowd. Honestly, though, she had to give Lyle points for trying. She'd probably even make a few teasing comments if not for the fact that he immediately went started talking to another girl, really pale blonde- Ah, crap. She sighed, returning her attention to the actual line. Sure, she was curious, but she didn't particularly want to open the whole "hey we're half sisters isn't that great" discussion on her first day back. 

James startled when someone spoke to him, letting out a nervous laugh and inching closer to the line for food. "I'm fine... Do you need something?" @Lava

Lucas walked into the cafeteria with his usual attitude of looking like absolute death. This wasn't a conscious choice of his but he had not nearly gotten enough sleep last night as he was trying scrounge up some lyrics that were escaping him. His straight leg jeans with a hole in the left knee only just clad to him enough to not fall down and his NOFX shirt that was 2 sizes too big sat loosely over his skinny build. As he walked in he noticed the cliche of the cliquishness of this place that haunted him everytime he came here. "Posers and fakes, Covering up the real people in this place" He muttered to himself probably a bit too loudly. He adjusted his prized beanie and sat at an empty table. He looked around but no one seemed to have any interest in talking to him so he sat there slightly deflated.

Charlie walked into the cafeteria, Mykhalio already there doing whatever the hell he was doing. Which was hanging out in a corner eating by himself. She was going to go over to him when she spotted her brother, talking to some really tall guy, which just made her feel more conscious about her height. She walked up behind Christian and lightly tugged on his clothing. 

She greeted the tall one, "H-hi there!" 

And turned towards Christian, "Christian? Do you mind helping me out with math after school? It's a whole new subject and I'm really freaking out about it!" She sighed, "I should start listening to you and pay attention more..."

@Lava @Gupi

Mykhalio was already at the cafeteria, already eating his lunch. He noticed Charlie, but she ran over to her brother... Of course. From the looks of it, it seems the buttons on her shirt are coming undone and she hasn't noticed.. Should he walk over and tell her about it before she makes an absolute fool of herself? Nah, her brother will do it. He notices a different student walking in and muttering about stuff. Mykhalio was only able to catch a few words. He smiles to himself, Posers and fakers.. I guess that's what you can call the people at this school., He mentally sighs and throws away his lunch. He walks over the lonely boy and sits across from him. 

"My name's Mykhalio. What's yours?" He smiles at him. The dude looked tired. Judging from his appearance... Probably listens to hardcore music. Mykhalio wasn't very fond of that genre.

@Soma_

Lucas was slightly stunned, He was taken aback by the student suddenyl talking to him and let out a little smile to show his gratitude. "My names Lucas". He extended his hand just in case Mykhalio wanted to shake it. "And you are?" he said slightly skeptically. @Full Of Tate

Mykhalio nods at receiving the man's name. Lucas outstretched his hand towards him and Mykhalio just stares at it for a while, Lucas asking for his name despite already giving it. He probably didn't hear him the first time. He shakes Lucas' hand, smiling, "Mykhalio," He repeats. He takes away his hand and asks him, "So, what are you doing by yourself?" Mykhalio didn't really care, he was really bored since Charlie decided to hang out with her brother.

@Soma_

"Oh sorry you already told me aha, Bit tired today but I dont think I needed to tell you for you to figure that out."

Lucas Pondered the question and answered "Well generally when you dress like me people tend to shy away, Tend to think im a psychopath that listens to hardcore death metal all day" Lucas didnt look much lime a hardcore enthuist in his ripped heans and big white shirt. he looked like more of a Cobsin fan than anything else.He let out a laugh and adjusted his beanie, pushing his long hair out of his face in the process. "What brings you over here?"

@Full Of Tate

Christian 

Christian shook his head "Just standing in line." He nodded towards the food line. he was about to say something else but he was interrupted by a tug on the shirt. He turned his head to find Charlie standing there, looking nervous as always. He wanted his sister to do well in her classes but he also wanted her to do it as much on her own as she could. Still, she did look worried. "Okay char. I can give you a hand. But I'm not giving you any of the answers." He fancied himself a pretty good tutor. Oftentimes the younger kids would ask him for help because of his perfect grades. "Don't worry, you'll get it." He flicked her a smile. then his smile faded "Uh... Charlie... Your shirt appears to be coming undone." He trailed off and gestured towards her buttons which were coming undone.  @Full Of Tate @Gupi 

Olivia

Lyle didn't seem to listen to what she said, instead he put one of his big hands onto the top of her head and ruffled up her hair, speaking to her like she was a child. Liv growled and glared up at him. But he just moved on like it was nothing. Olivia sent a swift sucker punch into his stomach. Wasn't really enough to hurt but it'd knock the breath out of him. "Next time it'll hurt. Don't ruffle my hair." She said before walking off like what she'd just done wasn't such a big deal "C'mon, I'm hungry" She called back to him casually.  @Jess Buck

Lyle Dubois

Lyle made a loud "oof" sound as Liv sucker punched him right in the gut.  He held his stomach protectively and followed after her.  "Ow!" He complained, sending her a weak punch to the shoulder "You're so cold hearted." He said teasingly.  He chuckled and stood up right, still rubbing at his stomach.  

@Lava

She stumbled half a step as he lightly tapped her shoulder then shot him a smirk behind her shoulder "And you love it" She retorted chuckling at him. "Looks like they haven't changed the menu..." She commented "Yeah... gimme one hotdog please." She asked the lady, then proceded to cover the whole thing in ketchup and BBQ sauce. @Jess Buck

Lyle Dubois

Lyle chuckled and smiled at the lunch lady.  "Same." He said, taking his hotdog and just getting a little bit of mustard.  He raised an eyebrow at Liv. "Would you like a hot dog with your sauce?" He asked sarcastically.  He scanned the lunchroom. "Packed as always...Do you see any place?" He asked. 

@Lava

Realign the focus, zoom, focus, zoom- Perfect.

A click of the shutter and Adam finally had a photo of Alex he didn't think the girl would make him delete. Jumping up from the bench he'd been occupying the boy weaved his way through the few people walking about and dropped himself down at the Sietta twins table. "Hi! Alex, I think you'll like this shot if you'll just have a look at it," he said, thrusting his camera in the girl's face. "If you don't, then I'll just delete it but this one looks really good I think."

@SpaceCase

Users who are viewing this thread

Back